Hyperlink Removal??

1) Is there ANY way to enter an email address into a cell WITHOUT Excel
automatically making it a hyperlink? This is a most annoying feature and I'd
love to know how to turn it off.

2) Sometimes when I right-clink on one of these hyperlinked addresses,  the
"Remove Hyperlink" option is NOT available. Does anyone know why this is?
And how do I remove the hyperlink?

Thanks!

0
ranger52oc (13)
12/14/2010 6:16:39 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

1)  Look under Autocorrect Options to disable.

2) Cannot replicate this on an unprotected sheet.  Would be interesting to find
the answer.

Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:16:39 -0800, "R.W." <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>1) Is there ANY way to enter an email address into a cell WITHOUT Excel
>automatically making it a hyperlink? This is a most annoying feature and I'd
>love to know how to turn it off.
>

>2) Sometimes when I right-clink on one of these hyperlinked addresses,  the
>"Remove Hyperlink" option is NOT available. Does anyone know why this is?
>And how do I remove the hyperlink?
>

>Thanks!

0
phnorton (279)
12/14/2010 6:34:33 PM
2)  to remove if no command available.

Sub hypergone()
   ActiveCell.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

Gord

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:34:33 -0800, Gord Dibben <phnorton@shaw.ca> wrote:

>1)  Look under Autocorrect Options to disable.
>
>2) Cannot replicate this on an unprotected sheet.  Would be interesting to find
>the answer.
>

>Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP
>
>On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:16:39 -0800, "R.W." <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>1) Is there ANY way to enter an email address into a cell WITHOUT Excel
>>automatically making it a hyperlink? This is a most annoying feature and I'd
>>love to know how to turn it off.
>>

>>2) Sometimes when I right-clink on one of these hyperlinked addresses,  the
>>"Remove Hyperlink" option is NOT available. Does anyone know why this is?
>>And how do I remove the hyperlink?
>>

>>Thanks!

0
phnorton (279)
12/14/2010 6:41:53 PM
Thanks Gord!

Sorry to be such a dunce today, but where do I find Autocorrect Options? I
searched Excel Help, but couldn't find it.

As for the missing "Remove Hyperlink" option, with your permission I can
send you a file with an example.

Thanks again.

"Gord Dibben" <phnorton@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> 1)  Look under Autocorrect Options to disable.
>
> 2) Cannot replicate this on an unprotected sheet.  Would be interesting to
> find
> the answer.
>

> Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:16:39 -0800, "R.W." <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>1) Is there ANY way to enter an email address into a cell WITHOUT Excel
>>automatically making it a hyperlink? This is a most annoying feature and
>>I'd
>>love to know how to turn it off.
>>

>>2) Sometimes when I right-clink on one of these hyperlinked addresses,
>>the
>>"Remove Hyperlink" option is NOT available. Does anyone know why this is?
>>And how do I remove the hyperlink?
>>

>>Thanks!

0
ranger52oc (13)
12/14/2010 6:54:35 PM
Do'h! I just found it.

"R.W." <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Gord!
>
> Sorry to be such a dunce today, but where do I find Autocorrect Options? I
> searched Excel Help, but couldn't find it.
>
> As for the missing "Remove Hyperlink" option, with your permission I can
> send you a file with an example.
>
> Thanks again.
>

> "Gord Dibben" <phnorton@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> 1)  Look under Autocorrect Options to disable.
>>
>> 2) Cannot replicate this on an unprotected sheet.  Would be interesting
>> to find
>> the answer.
>>

>> Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:16:39 -0800, "R.W." <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>1) Is there ANY way to enter an email address into a cell WITHOUT Excel
>>>automatically making it a hyperlink? This is a most annoying feature and
>>>I'd
>>>love to know how to turn it off.
>>>

>>>2) Sometimes when I right-clink on one of these hyperlinked addresses,
>>>the
>>>"Remove Hyperlink" option is NOT available. Does anyone know why this is?
>>>And how do I remove the hyperlink?
>>>

>>>Thanks!

0
ranger52oc (13)
12/14/2010 6:57:00 PM
I'll have a look.

change phnorton to gorddibb

Gord

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:54:35 -0800, "R.W." <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>As for the missing "Remove Hyperlink" option, with your permission I can
>send you a file with an example.
>
>Thanks again.
0
phnorton (279)

As in GP ver7.5 allow the removal of the SQL user integration
Ver 10 of GP enrypts the user password in such a way that the user can't login using their profile to any other SQL process. Ver 7.5 allowed the detaching of this encryption facility in GP. Removing this ability is a backward step. The ability to detach the GP to SQL user integration should be reinstated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion i...

Extracting hyperlinks
Hi, I have got an excel spreadsheet which has 500+ hyperlinks. I need to extract the address behind the text to be able to import the actual address into a db. e.g cell A1 has "click here" with http:/www.xyz.com behind it. I need to be able to copy the cell "click here" and paste it (special?) so that what i am pasting is http:/www.xyz.com. Paste value doesn't seem to work nor formula. Cheers Hi there Assuming that the hyperlinks are in the same column (starting in A1) the following code will place the address of the hyperlink in the cell directly to th...

removing headers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have followed all of the directions to get rid of a header I never put on, but nothing works. It says 'click on the header', but my cursor will not click on the header. How do I get rid of this? *What* says 'click on the header'? To get into the Header/Footer layer directly requires a double-click. Alternatively you can use the menu to access it if you go to View> Header & Footer. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/27/10 3:52 PM, in article 59bb78ef.-1@webcross...

Dynamic Hyperlinking ?
Hi, I need to burn some files ( Word,PPTs,PDFs, etc) onto a CD. These are referenced using hyperlinks in excel. Is there a way to maintain the hyperlink while burning the CD, so that the hypelinks still work while on the the CD ?? Also, is there a way to embed Word/PDF/PPT files into an Excel Sheet and then Hyperlink it. So it all is stored in One BIG excel file . Thanks, Create a user function resulting in the path / filename of the excel sheet, and use that in your hyperlink destination. That way, if the files on CD are in the same (relative) location, it should still work after burn...

Remove E-mail Messages from Queue
The answer to the How do I remove e-mail messages from my In Progress queue? on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM site doesn't appear to be correct. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsemailoutlook.mspx When you follow the step below it removes it also from CRM. To remove e-mail messages from a queue, delete them. Unlike other activities in the queues, they are not deleted from Microsoft CRM. To delete messages completely from Microsoft CRM, delete them in the Activities area. Anybody agree or disagree? Jerry http://www.iBizInitiatives.com Gidday Jerry, I w...

Removing Album Artwork
I own a fair amount of albums that Media Player 11 cannot find the information for. Now I could go out of my way to find the album artwork and paste it in, but I've decided to just leave them with no artwork and just find the info on albums that can be found. Unfortunately, I accidentally added the wrong album art on one of these unfindable albums. How do I get rid of this art, and reset the album to it's “no album artwork” state? This artwork is stored as separate JPG files, in the same folder where the album tracks are. Deleting all JPG files you see there should remo...

Removing attachment from reply
I want to reply to a message with an attachment without sending the attachment back, simply and easily "crownnut" <crownnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8F6825E-69E1-410E-846F-4D8139AAB456@microsoft.com... > I want to reply to a message with an attachment without sending the > attachment back, simply and easily Reply shouldn't keep the attachment by default. Replies do not include the attachment. Forwards include attachments. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "crownnut" <crownnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Hyperlinks not active
I have a 2007 worksheet where I have a column of about 250 hyperlinks. Non of them show up as hyperlinks. When I move my mouse over them they dont do anything. Is there a way I can make these cells which are valid web addresses, a working hyperlink?? Thanks CARD With your "dead" hyperlinks in column A, in B1 enter: =HYPERLINK(A1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007h "Mr Crowley" wrote: > I have a 2007 worksheet where I have a column of about 250 hyperlinks. Non > of them show up as hyperlinks. When I move my mouse over them they...

hyperlinks from a list? using excel 2000
jacob Okay, I'll get right to the issue. I'm using the List feature of Data Validation in A1, with a range of names on the Z file. The list contains a name and telephone number and email address. What I'm trying to do is insert an email hyperlink in that same cell so when a List item is chosen from the drop down list, you can click on A1 to send an email address. The email hyperlink would need to change along with the name. I don't think this will work, so what about creating a clickable link in A2 that changes with ...

Hidden hyperlink within excel
Using VB6, I have created an excel spreadsheet. Some cells contain a hyperlink to TIF image files on a specific server within the LAN. When the user clicks on any one of these cells, it launches a copy of Imaging software and displays the image the hyperlink is pointing to. Is it possible to let the users view the images, like they are currently doing, without giving them direct read access to the specific location where the image files are located? I need to do this to ensure that the users do not view/access the images by any means other than clicking on the hyperlink. Also, the location of...

Remove old stock transactions
I have Money and Business 2002. I want to remove old, ancient stock transactions. How can I remove them in bulk instead of one - by -one (that will take years)? ...

XP Outlook Express
Could not save or open attachments. Have the message on top "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail". The "Save attachments" was also disabled underneath the Attachment icon. I have downloaded all the window updates for Outlook Express and Internet Explorer but this problem still peristed. Because it is not a problem but a configuration setting. Tools-> Options-> option Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the ...

Sorting a-z | z-a ... removing pop-up "Sort Warning"
When I have, for examples, several columns of data, and I highlight one column and click to sort that one column, I Always get a pop-up window with the title 'Sort Warning' that asks me if I really meant to do that, or if I wanted to include the other text nearby. Is there any way to remove that pop-up? I've yet to ever use it and I'd rather not have to keep closing it if possible. Any help that you can provide would be great. Thanks. Matt I don't know of a way to remove it -- but it took years to get that warning in there. I'm surprised that it hasn't sav...

Hyperlink Help
Hi All I am trying to add the hyperlink in my query. Its a combination file path and the file name is made up of 2 records. FKQuoteID and Revision followed by the file type - dwf. Can some one help me with the syntax. FileLocation: "W:\ROOMS Daily Drawings\DWF\&""&[FKQuoteID]&""&[Revision]&. dwf" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200709/1 ...

Unable to remove mail header
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2003 account. I have a mail item in my inbox that won't go away. When I try to delete it I am told that the item can't be deleted because it was either moved or already deleted. If I access my account using OWA I don't see this mail header. So how do I get rid of this header? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced. On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:19:51 -0500, "David DeBoer" <it@jmschaefer.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2003 account. I have a mail item ...

Removing macro
hi there, I am working on someone else's spreadsheet which has a new pull-down menu with the print function on it which enables printing of all worksheets simultaneously. How do I remove it? I have tried going to Tools, Macro, Macros but when I click on the macro name (print), the delete function does not light up. So how do I delete this? Please assist. You could use Alt+F11 to view the code and delete the module(s) containing it. You will also need to delete the toolbar via Tools>customize -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk ni...

Restoring hyperlinks globally??
A friend in a yahoo group just wrote that she recvd a workbook full of hyperlinks that don't work. It's as if someone removed them or something. The only way I know how to do this is to copy the link and right-click in that cell and then to choose hyperlink from the context menu and to paste that link into the appropriate box in the "Insert hyperlink" dialogue. But was hoping someone knew of a way to make _all_ the links active all at once without doing the above? Thanks. See one response at your other post. StargateFan wrote: > > A friend in a yahoo group just ...

Hyperlinks in Outlook 2007
All of the recipients that i sent this email too can open the hyperlink, however I cannot. when i tried to open it it gives internet explorer cannot download evnd.ms-powerpoint. that is the powerpoint presentation on the server i uploaded. However When i try to lclick on the hyperlink in outlook 2007 in the email i sent i get that error Everyone else can opened it and just started since we migrate to outlook 2007 anyone have any ideas? Richard Does it open if you send the email to yourself -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assis...

Removing duplicates
Greetings from a Newbie In my workbook, Sheet1 has a table with several columns and thousands of rows. I want to delete any rows that contain a duplicate value in column D. For example, the first time 87E3Y appears in column D - that row is kept. But, any subsequent times 87E3Y appears in column D, those rows are deleted. I currently sort all data on Column D, Ascending, then remove the duplicates by hand. Because I do this every month, I'd like some code to speed this up! Thank you in advance Sophie -- Thanks Sophie One way to speed it up "manually&qu...

Removing Command Button
Hello all, I have a code that creates a command button when the Excel file opens. The following is the code that I use: Set nBar = CommandBars("Standard") nBar.Visible = True Set nCon = nBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, Temporary:=True) With nCon .BeginGroup = True .Style = msoButtonCaption .Caption = "Macro" .OnAction = "RunMacro" End With What I would like to do is to remove the above command button "Macro" when the Excel file closes. I have tried to use the following co...

Removing automatic links
Hi all I cut columns from one work book and pasted it in another. Now when open it, a prompt states that it has automatic links and to eithe click yes or no. Is there a way of getting rid of this because I want to deleted the ol workbook or am I stuck with it? Many thanks guys Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The easiest way to find the links is to perform a search or a replace If the cells contain formulas that refer to the original workbook an need to refer to the current workbook you could try replacing th workbook name with a blank replacement. This will only wo...

How do I remove paragraph symbols on every line in Word?
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text, it's on the left. How do I remove this? CTRL+SHIFT+8 or click the � button -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> ...

Adding hyperlinked text in ListControl
Hi I want to display a hyperlinked text in a cell of a row in a List Control. And on click of that link I need to open a browser. Is there any way I can do it. Please help. Regards Usman Jamil On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:56:09 +0500, "Usman Jamil" <usman@advcomm.net> wrote: >I want to display a hyperlinked text in a cell of a row in a List Control. You might consider this class from CodeProject: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/xlistctrl.asp studying its architecture, and extend it adding support for hyperlink like so: http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/cmy...

Removing characters
Hi i have a lot of records with data as follows: +44(0193)5555685 i need to get rid of the +44 plus the two brackets - is there an easy way to do this please tks A Create a query. Change it to an Update query (Update on Query menu.) In the Update row under this field, enter: Replace(Replace([Field1], "+44(", ""), ")", "") but use your field name instead of Field1. The +44( and the closing brackets will be replaced. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to g...

Remove Lotus connector and novell netware connector
Hi, I have installed exchange 2003 with sp2.now i want to remove lotus notes connector,novell netware connector and exchange 5.5 administrator. Thanks & Regards, Devang Thanks for informing the group, please go ahead and uninstall. :) -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Devang" <dev009@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166801683.573150.286880@48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have installed exchange 2003 with sp2.now i want to remove lotus &g...