Hyper link one column to another

I would like to have my columns hyper link one another.

For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa.  Click
on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V.
Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell?

This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours
and N through V are the text comments for those hours.  When I copy the
template to a
new sheet, there will be no data in any column.  I would like to be
able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then
be able to click on that cell and hyperlink to the comments column.

Another options would be if there is a way to add a comment to a cell.

Thanks for any insight.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could do it if you don't mind double-clicking on the cell.  Copy the code below, right-click on
the sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears.  When you
double-click on a cell in columns B through J, you will be taken to the appropriate column.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B:J")) Is Nothing Then Target.Offset(0, 12).Select
End Sub

<keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message news:1127998613.534045.305910@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I would like to have my columns hyper link one another.
>
> For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa.  Click
> on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V.
> Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell?
>
> This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours
> and N through V are the text comments for those hours.  When I copy the
> template to a
> new sheet, there will be no data in any column.  I would like to be
> able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then
> be able to click on that cell and hyperlink to the comments column.
>
> Another options would be if there is a way to add a comment to a cell.
>
> Thanks for any insight.

0
Bernie
9/29/2005 3:33:22 PM
That works great.  I added

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("N:V")) Is Nothing Then Target.Offset(0,
-12).Select
so that I could double click both ways.

Thanks for your help.

I would like this functionality to work on all sheets, not just the one
I am currently using.  How can I make this macro work on all sheets?

Put this into the Codemodule of the ThisWorkbook object:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick( _
   ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

<keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message news:1128009106.749502.249890@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I would like this functionality to work on all sheets, not just the one
> I am currently using.  How can I make this macro work on all sheets?

0
Bernie

merging two data series into one chart?
Hello everyone, I am trying to get a line graph along with a stacked column graph (each with different values, but with the same x and y axis) in the same chart. The columns have forecasted data and the line has actual data. Is this possible? I can't find any info on this... jeevesTRAV wrote: > I am trying to get a line graph along with a stacked > column graph (each with different values, but with the > same x and y axis) in the same chart. Have you tried Jon Peltier's page? This might be what you want... http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/BarLineComb...

Open Calendar in another window
Hi, I frequently open the calendar in another window, clicking on Calendar with the right button and select "open in another window". Is there a way to open the calendar automatically in another window when Outlook is started? Thanks If you select File > Exit while both windows are open, Outlook should remember this and open both windows at next launch. "Michele" <michele@nectarine.it> wrote in message news:4778e688$0$4791$4fafbaef@reader4.news.tin.it... > Hi, > I frequently open the calendar in another window, clicking on Calendar > with the righ...

"Time oldest message submitted" column in Exchange Queue
What does this column represent? For example: I have some items in queue under the column "time oldest message submitted" dated 9/23/06 and then when you double click on the queue and click find now the date of the earliest message it is 9/26/06. Where does the date in the "time oldest message submitted" come from? I thought maybe it was the first time an email for that domain appeared in the queue but that doesn't seem right. One more thing that I should probably mention is that the date discrepency is only happening with items that are for domains that appear to be...

Two lines of characters in one cell
After increasing the height of a row, how do I type two lines of text in one cell, Example: "Excess Wages 3rd Qtr." Thank You in advance. Linda Format|Cells. Check Wrap Text on the Alignment Tab. Alternatively, you can press Alt+Enter to force a new line in a cell. tj "LindaM" wrote: > After increasing the height of a row, how do I type two lines of text in one > cell, > > Example: "Excess Wages > 3rd Qtr." > > Thank You in advance. > Linda Hi use ALT+ENTER to isnert manual linebreaks -- Regards Frank K...

Select distinct with anonymous type return error when one value is null
Hi, How can i do this query with anonymous types; SELECT DISTINCT IdTable2, Name FROM Table1 WHERE idTable2 != null This query return error if the idTable2 is null: bindingSource1.DataSource=MyDataSet.Table1.Select(c=> new {Id=c.IdTable2, Nome=c.Name }.Distinct(); Any idea? Thanks ...

Multiple line, one bracket [ ]
how do i write multiple lines in these bracket... [ in here ] i can write one line at a time but i want the brackets to be on either side of the page with the text in the middle. If you want very tall brackets, you could create a Field, but then you'd have to specify the line breaks and formatting in a complicated way within the field. Perhaps creating them as graphics would be simplest? Or 3 columns, with a very large font size for the first and last columns holding just the bracket characters? Or a 3-column table set to Auto-Fit (but then again you'd have to manually ente...

Formulas Against Columns
Not sure how to enter formulas against columns not cells. For instance on each row entered want columnD cells to always be the product of columnB cells and columnC cells. Any guidence is much appreciated Hi Gary you need to put the formula in the first cell in column D e.g. =B1*C1 and fill down (if there's values in C the easiest way to do this is to move your cursor over the bottom right hand corner of D1 until you see a + and then double click). Cheers JulieD "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7e01c4e6b2$24e5e5b0$a501280a@phx.gb...

Paste link 2003 excel charts into word 2007
When we try to copy & paste link charts made in excel 2003 into Word 2007 the whole left side is cutoff. This is when using the paste special paste link option & selecting Microsoft Office Excel object. When just accepting the paste default it does not cutoff but is distorted. When using the paste special paste then selecting Microsoft Office Excel object it does not cut it off but doesn't appear to be linked. I thought the default paste is paste/link now? Why doesn't these options work the same? Converting the 2003 excel spreadsheet did not help. Ultimately, I’d just l...

Stacked Column Chart with 2 different axis values
I need to create a stacked bar chart with two different axis. I need to show, for 2007 and 2008, by quarter (Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4), the value of options given to team members and the number of team members receiveing them. (one axix for the $$ amount and one for the count of team members) Here is my data. Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 2007 Value 729,927 1,206,718 1,037,447 658,718 2008 Value 911,973 584,783 87,000 - 2007 # 105 53 114 57 2008 # 132 57 6 Any help would be apprecaited. ...

Multiple columns
I am trying to make a database for my movie collection. I would really like to be able to have multiple columns of images (DVD box art) to help me make my choices. So far, the closest I've come to having multiple columns is in the print preview mode of a report. I have created a form, but was unable to find a way to make it have multiple columns and scrolling through 1 title per line gets kind of old. Any help creating a multiple column form would be greatly appreciated. We aren't there, and we may not have the same definition of "multiple columns of images" that you have. ...

Linking error #3
Hi all , I am using the fillowing function to build the glut.dll .. int gettimeofday(struct timeval* tp, void* tzp) { struct timeb tb; ftime(&tb); tp->tv_sec = tb.time; tp->tv_usec = tb.millitm * 1000; /* 0 indicates that the call succeeded. */ return 0; } when i build the workspace i get the fillowing error >win32_util.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___ftime64@4 referenced in function _ftime@4 1>Debug/GLUT32.DLL : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Can you please help me to remove the errors. regards, Meenal have u included ti...

Only use one account to send emails
I have 4 different email accounts set up on Windows Live Mail (14.0.8089.0726) on my Vista system. Whenever I want to send a new email it selects the SMTP server of the account I last looked at. I would like WLM to only select my hotmail account to send emails regardless of which account was last selected. I know on the right hand side of the compose window is a drop down list where I can select which account to use but invariably I forget to select my hotmail account and so the new email goes out from the wrong account. I tried removing the SMTP settings from the other a...

creating 2 lines within one cell
I use a pc, and when I hit ALT Enter, I can get another line within one cell. How do you do that on a Mac? My boss can't seem to make it happen. Karen Hanson, Mohave Community College Try Command + Option + Enter Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Karen Hanson" wrote: > I use a pc, and when I hit ALT Enter, I can get another line within one cell. > How do you do that on a Mac? My boss can't seem to make it happen. Karen > Hanson, Mohave Community College ...

More than one user receiving e-mail to the same alias?
Hello, I'd like to set up an alias - e.g. sales@widgets.com that goes to more than one person without setting up a sales account within active directory. I'm running Windows 2003 w/ Exchange 2003 SP2. I'd like robert@widget.com and mary@widget.com to receive e-mails going to sales@widget.com without creating a sales account. I could have e-mails from robert copy to mary but I'd like only sales e-mails to be copied. I'd prefer to do this from within Exchange without creating a rule in outlook. It may not be possible but I thought I'd check. Create a distr...

Macro sorting data from another worksheet
I have a file that sorts data from one worksheet onto another. It refers to that worksheet by Activesheet.Next.Select and it worked fine. If I try to hide that worksheet, it fails. How can I refer to a hidden worksheet so this Macro will work as it does if it is not hidden? The debugger always points to the worksheet identification as the problem. try to refer to required aheet with Sheets("its name") mcg try to refer to required sheet with Sheets("its name") mcg That is what I was trying to do, but I must not be doing it correctly... If the sheet is named "...

More no of rows/columns in office web components?
Hi, I have read post(s) on excel having column Limit of 256 and row as 65536. But following link -> http://www.bygsoftware.com/Excel/functions/minmax.htm If u insert a new spreadsheet by using command and options button on any embedded excel workbook and then workbook tab, then it shows that there are 262144 rows and 1756 Columns.How has that been achieved.? Regards, Hari India Correction :- Please read that as 17576 columns (=26^3) Regards, Hari India "Hari" <excel_hari@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u4CDHbKgEHA.2536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I...

Match Columns
Hi there, Sorry if this has been answered before but I can�t find it anywhere. In column 1 I have a list of products code I sell. In column 2 I have my buy price. In column 3 I have all the products supplied by my supplier. In column 4 I have my supplier�s prices. Column 3 has a lot more products than I sell. What I want to do is match the products in column 1 to the products i column 3. Than I would like to delete the products that don�t matc with their prices. I hope I have explained myself properly. Thanks Bigjoe -- bigjo -------------------------------------------------------------...

Multiple table query displays only one record
I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another table that has the names and addresses of the schools related to the applications. When I do a querry it either shows only one record or all of the information form one or the other depending on whetner I click 2 or 3 in the properties window. How do I get it to show all of the records from all of the columns that I have chosen from both tables? Elaine_Moore wrote: >I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another >table that has the names and addresses of the schools related...

app that loggs into another program...
I want to create an MFC VC++6 app for Windows 2000, that has the user login using two textboxes (ie username and password). It then displays some data to the user and then automatically logs into a third party program that has two standard testboxes used to login (using the username and password previously given in my MFC app). Is there anyway I can do this without consulting with the third party vendor? ie. I would need to paste the username and password into the third party vendor's login textboxes and cause an 'enter' event to occur. Thanks, RABMissouri "RAB" &l...

How do I link a template to a chart?
Hello! I'm trying to create a worksheet in which you can stick data into every day, and each day's data will go into a large graph. Is this possible? I'm very new to excel, and if I want the worksheet to be blank, and I can just stick the day's data into it, would that be called a template? Is it possible to have the daily data automatically entered into a master worksheet (database?)? Thank you very much!! ...

DPM 2010 & Hyper-V R2 (Core)
Hello, I have installed DPM 2010 in a physical server. I installed the Backup Feature to my 6 node Hyper-V cluster. (Reboot) I installed the DPM 2010 agents to each node. (Reboot). I installed KB 975921 & 975354 updates (the v2 as the final update) (2x reboot) I updated the integration tools on my VM's. In DPM 2010, I created a protection group. Selected one of the VM's (via the cluster hostname, not via the individual node) Next the initial replica creation starts. After about 40 seconds it fails with the following error: Failure occurred while adding one or m...

dynamically link column to row in different sheet
Hi all, I have two worksheets. In sheet1 I have a row at the bottom that totals up everything in th individual columns. This row extends from C21 to Q21. In sheet2 I am trying to take the data from C21 to Q21 in the origina sheet and transpose it vertically into C55 to C69, all the while makin sure it is dynamically linked to the data in sheet1. I know its only 15 cols/rows, but for future reference I want to kno how to do this effectively. Any help would be appreciated -- FSRleade ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FSRleader's Profile: http://www....

Add a "Percent of Total of an answer" column in a pivot table
I know that the answer to this is probably simple, but how do I add a "percent of total" column in a pivot table. My table is as follows: Answer to Question User Group Yes No Grand Total grp #1 5 3 8 grp #2 10 3 13 grp #3 8 4 12 Grand Total 23 10 33 How do I add another column that states what percentage of "No"s there are of the total without changing the whole table to perce...

sum columns between certain dates
I have a spreadsheet with headings Jan, Date Received, Feb, Date Received, Mar, Date Received etc up to Dec. An amount due in Jan is entered into the Jan column but date received could be Jan, Feb or Mar. I need to add all amounts received in Jan which means I need to look in all of the Date Received columns if the date falls between 1 and 31 Jan. In the Feb column I need to look at amounts received in Feb and Jan and Mar and total them. In conclusion I would total the amount due in Jan and show the amount received in Jan. Any help would be appreciated. Jan 2010 Dat...

Excel
I'm new to Excel and would like to change all negative numbers appearin in a non calculated column to positive numbers. The problem result from a bug exporting Quickbooks Pro invoices to Excel, in th "quantities" column, and would like a quick macro to fix, versu changing each column entry to a positive number by hand. Thanks, Joh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try sub makeabs() For Each c In Selection c.Value = Abs(c.Value) Next end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "John E. >" <<John.E..15h9lk@excelforum-nospam.com&g...