Hyper link one column to another

I would like to have my columns hyper link one another.

For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa.  Click
on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V.
Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell?

This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours
and N through V are the text comments for those hours.  When I copy the
template to a
new sheet, there will be no data in any column.  I would like to be
able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then
be able to click on that cell and hyperlink to the comments column.

Another options would be if there is a way to add a comment to a cell.

Thanks for any insight.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could do it if you don't mind double-clicking on the cell.  Copy the code below, right-click on
the sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears.  When you
double-click on a cell in columns B through J, you will be taken to the appropriate column.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B:J")) Is Nothing Then Target.Offset(0, 12).Select
End Sub

<keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message news:1127998613.534045.305910@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I would like to have my columns hyper link one another.
>
> For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa.  Click
> on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V.
> Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell?
>
> This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours
> and N through V are the text comments for those hours.  When I copy the
> template to a
> new sheet, there will be no data in any column.  I would like to be
> able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then
> be able to click on that cell and hyperlink to the comments column.
>
> Another options would be if there is a way to add a comment to a cell.
>
> Thanks for any insight.

0
Bernie
9/29/2005 3:33:22 PM
That works great.  I added

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("N:V")) Is Nothing Then Target.Offset(0,
-12).Select
so that I could double click both ways.

Thanks for your help.

I would like this functionality to work on all sheets, not just the one
I am currently using.  How can I make this macro work on all sheets?

Put this into the Codemodule of the ThisWorkbook object:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick( _
   ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

<keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message news:1128009106.749502.249890@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I would like this functionality to work on all sheets, not just the one
> I am currently using.  How can I make this macro work on all sheets?

0
Bernie

linking pages in two different work books
trying to link two different pages in two seperate workbooks. filling in statistical data in first workbook in specific fields. then having to open the next work book and insertin the same in formation again. don't wnat to be redundent and would lik to populate worksheet in workbook 2 with the same input from workshee in work book -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am also in need of this ability. I have a list on one sheet and a chart with the names from the list o another, same workbook. I have been linking each individual name fro the list to their location on the ...

How do I remove unwanted check boxes which tagged along from anoth
If there are no other objects on the worksheet: Choose Edit>Go to Click the Special button Select Objects Click OK Press the Delete key to delete the selected objects. tim wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Remove link fr a column of entries #3
I know how to remove a link from a single cell. Right click, hyperlink, remove hyperlink. I have a column of cells and it is very cumbersome to remove cell by cell. Is there any way to remove all cells in one action.? TIA, Rasoul Khoshravan You can do this with a macro: Sub RemoveHLinks() Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete End Sub Just select the column first. If you aren't familiar with macros, look here for some intro material: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm tj "Rasoul Khoshravan Azar" wrote: > I know how to remove a link from a single cell. Right ...

Up One Level ?
In Excel 2010 beat, is there a "Up One Level" arrow when one is saving a file? Without it I have to go thru the entire folder tree to get to the location where I want to save a file. Maddening. See if this helps Sub GetParentPath() mydir = ActiveWorkbook.Path MsgBox mydir MsgBox Left(mydir, InStrRev(mydir, "\")) 'ChDir ActiveWorkbook.Path 'ChDir ".." End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Phil vK" <PhilvK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:215AEE75-E20D-...

Selecting columns containing spaces
Both of these Select statements return the same set of rows. How can I find out what's really in them? Select * from tblAcademics where description = "" Select * from tblAcademics where description = " " In particular, can I trust that description is not null in those rows? The following SQL returns no rows Select * from tblAcademics where description is null A column is either NULL or NOT NULL. It cannot be both. If it contains a space or an empty string then it is NOT NULL. -Dorian "Laurel" wrote: > Both of these Select statements return t...

Macro: Columns as #s within range
I have a simple formatting macro within a range. I would like to set up columns within an identified range as 1,2, 3 or A, B,C even if it's doesn't correspond to continuous column numbering in excel. I know it seems strange, but this macro will run a number of times within each sheet and I don't want to go into each and every one to reset it with the corresponding letters. Thanks a lot. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How about something like: with activesheet.range("a:a,d:d,G:G") .numberformat = "#,##0.00" end with (but I may have...

Running Excel models across a WAN link
Users are accessing complex Excel models on a file server at a remote site connected with a WAN link (45mbps). Is there any way to speed up the response time when data is saved back to the share on the remote site? Network bandwidth does not appear to be the bottleneck. What other applications could be used besides Excel that would work well across a WAN link? Or is there some other architecture that could be used to improve response time? >>Network bandwidth does not appear to be the bottleneck. As far as I know Excel doesn't go into slow mode when dealing with remote f...

one internal outlook client receive mail from the other
This is strange but we have one in-house outlook user who send's e-mail to another outlook user who never receives any of their mail. However vice-versa the other way around that person can receive the messages from the person who cannot receive theirs. In other words User A never receives mail from User B. User B always receives mail from user A. I've had user B copy(CC) me on the message and it was received by me and I can see it going to user A in the TO field. I also don't see anything that I can check on exchange that would indicate a bounce back. We use Exchange 2...

VBA to create formula from a list in one sheet.
I am looking for a script that will create a formula that adds up cells from multiple sheets and places the formula on a totals sheet. The script needs to grab the name of the sheets from a range on a seperate sheet in the workbook. I hope this make sense. Range("A1").Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT(""'""&C1:C3&""'!C8""),""<>""))" where C1:C3 is a range housing the relevant sheetnames in separate cells, and C* is the cell to add. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mai...

tried to dwnld a tool, it was linked to a missing export?
Tried to dwnld Windows-KB890830-V1.14.exe, my thing said, "the file KBetc., is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtShutdownSystem. What does THIS mean? I have alot of trouble with dwnlds. -- bikerchic ...

how do I merge total from many pages into one main page in excel?
=SUM(sheet1:sheet125!A1) If sheets have unique names........... Add a new dummy sheet after the Summary sheet which I assume is first in book. Name this sheet Start. Add a new dummy sheet at end of book and name it End On Summary sheet =SUM(Start:End!A1) Any new sheets will inserted between Start and End Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 5 May 2005 18:49:01 -0700, JER <JER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Add link to PO from eReq (Business Portal)
Also it would be helpful to drill down to the PO created via eReq so the user could print it, or email it. Also, drill down on the smartlist queries in eReq would be helpful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/C...

Copy from 1 book to another
Hi, I am at the address W7 in Bok1 in Sheet3. I need to copy the contents of Cell B3 in Sheet2 in Book2 where Book1 and Book2 are in the same folder. What formula is needed to be typed in cell W7? thanks Khalil The best way is to open both books and just click in the cell of the other book after typing = in cell W7. All will then be looked after for you -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS web: www.nickhodge.co.uk blog: www.nickhodge.co.uk/blog/ FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007 www.officeuse...

Money 2007
Hello, I have the following problem if someone can help me please: I'm starting to setup the budget but there are no % numbers on each budget group, just little square and illegible characters, is this a bug? or am I doing something wrong? thanks for any help -- Cris ...

Lookup or Match with rows and column together
i would like to look up a value from worksheet2 based on cells matching the row and column from worksheet1 together...example below worksheet 1 COLUMM ROW.. MILK VEGETABLES FRUITS MEATS salesperson1 ?? ?? ?? ?? salesperson2 ?? ?? ?? ?? salesperson3 ?? ?? ?? ?? salesperson4 ?? ?? ?? ...

Another Date Question
I have the following in a VBA add-in: Rows(1).Insert Range("A1").Value = "H" Range("B1").Value = MemoNumber Range("C1").Value = Date Range("C1").NumberFormat = "m/d/yyyy" Range("C1").NumberFormat = "@" I use the last three lines to obtain a date in the format m/d/yyyy for input to another process. Problem is, this doesn't always work. I use the exact same code in various places in the add-in. Sometimes it works, sometimes I don't get the format I expect. I have just inserted the row - shouldn't th...

Any column other than NAME be primary column
Is there any way to make the primary lead column be something other than name. We don't sell to ppl but companies or organizations. Any view that I create in Leads has Name as Primary column that cannot be hidden, size changed or deleted. Anyone have any insight? Thanks, Jim ...

Why does my layout change when I open it on another computer
I have created a couple of documents using the same layout. So far so good. The problem is that my wife, using another computer, needs to work on these documents but she can't! The layout changes, more specifically the margins. It wrecks havoc on the content... It also seems the the font sizes or kerning or... something that makes the fonts a tiny bit larger... Why does my layout change when I open the document on another computer? We both run Publisher 2003 on Windows XP SP2... Install a printer driver common to both computers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/...

running check link #2
Does anyone have a Information about the Check Links Analytical Accounting process in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. What in particular are you looking for? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "Anav" wrote: > Does anyone have a Information about the Check Links Analytical Accounting > process in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. > > > I have a client who ran the routine of links analytical accounting, after this genre hav...

Cell links to check boxes
I was wondering what formula/approach to use to be able to use a check box, and depending on whether that box is checked, two columns to the right would or would not display the correpsonding value to be included in the total. So again, I have check boxes in column A, the item name in column B, and the corresponding item value in column C. When checking the box, I hope to be able to make the value appear (to be included in the sum of column C) and vice versa. Hope that's clear. Thanks in advance. Well, you could have a list box which fills itself with the amount in column c and li...

outlook is default but outlook express opens links
Hi, I have outlook 2003 it is set as my default mail, it works fine except for when I'm on a site that has a hyperlink to an email address. When I click the link Outlook express opens instead of Outlook. How can I fix this problem....I've look in tools in both outlook and outlook express and it all seems to be correct. WHat am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help! What do you show as your default mail program under Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the ...

several lanes... but only one x/z report?
Is it possible to operate several lanes (cash draws) but tally all the sales into one x/z report? No, each register has it's own batch and needs to be closed with a Z-report. You can use the Register Analysis report (Utilities/Crystal Reports) to see a summary of your batches though. I believe that someone posted an Active report that also summarizes the batches not to long ago, but I may be mistaken (very absent minded lately) - try searching the newsgroup through google groups (they keep more history than MS). Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn...

Automatically delete messages from one's Inbox after a fixed time?
We've set up a spam quarantine mailbox in Exchange 2007. So far, false positives are pretty rare, so we'd like to set up a policy where read/unread messages automatically get removed from the mailbox after a certain time (e.g. 5 days). Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Using Managed Content Settings (roughly equivalent of Mailbox Manager in Exch2003/2000). -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:711...

Series
Hi. I have a line chart with a series of percentages in N14 through N65. There is one point for each week of 52 weeks of the year. In cell N7 I have the running average for Q1. In cell N8 I have the running average for Q2. In Cell N9 I have the running average for Q3. In Cell N10 I have the running avergage for Q4. I would like to chart another line that shows the quarterly average. 13 values of N7, followed by 13 values of N8; then N9, then N10. Is there a way to do this other than adding another column that contains these values? Thanks, Mike. If you change your chart type from li...

Column link
This is great! Ok Next question: I need to link every cell in column e worksheet 1 with every cell in column j worksheet 2. Its for closing balance in Jan, and opening balance in Feb. Thanks all James hi i think this might work.. on sheet2 cell J1 enter...... =sheet1!E1 copy down as far as needed. regards FSt1 "james" wrote: > This is great! > Ok Next question: > I need to link every cell in column e worksheet 1 with every cell in column > j worksheet 2. > Its for closing balance in Jan, and opening balance in Feb. > Thanks all > Jam...