how to write to database tables in Excel 2004

I need to write to a database using Excel 2004 (Mac, OS X, 10.4).  What are
my options?
0
Jolly (3)
11/17/2005 5:55:03 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Jolly,

See:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac

---
Regards,
Norman

"jolly" <jolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to write to a database using Excel 2004 (Mac, OS X, 10.4).  What are
> my options?

0
normanjones (1047)
11/17/2005 6:12:23 AM
"Norman Jones" wrote:

> See:
>
> http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac

Are you suggesting that I can use adodb in Excel 2004?  Near as I can tell
ado (and, more generally, ActiveX) is not supported on the Mac.
0
Jolly (3)
11/17/2005 7:16:10 AM
Hi Jolly,

I missed the Mac reference.

---

> "Norman Jones" wrote:
>
>> See:
>>
>> http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac
>
> Are you suggesting that I can use adodb in Excel 2004?  Near as I can tell
> ado (and, more generally, ActiveX) is not supported on the Mac.

0
normanjones (1047)
11/17/2005 7:20:52 AM
jolly  -

> I need to write to a database using Excel 2004 (Mac, OS X, 10.4).  What
> are my options? <

If you don't get some help in this newsgroup, one option is to consider
posting in microsoft.public.mac.office.excel.

-  Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

Excel toolbars are missing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) For some reason, and I do not recall doing anything at all, but the FORMAT and STANDARD toolbars are missing (or hidden). If you "View" and then "Toolbars" they both have checkmarks beside them. I logged on to other sites and say a lot of desperate people but no answers. Help! This make me long for my DELL. Click the oblong button at the right end of the document's Title Bar to expand the docked toolbars area - it sounds like you've collapsed it. Does your Dell or Vista give you the opportunity to take adva...

moving excel sheets
How did i move a row from one excel sheet to another, when it hits a certian date. So for example if one sheet two i had a colum that once it hit the date in one of the cells in that colum it would jump to sheet one. -- Joanna Sprague ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joanna Sprague's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25742 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391534 You can do this sort of thing with a worksheet_change event macro. Does the whole column move or just the cell o...

Excel 2002 anomalous behavior
Hi all, a friend of mine asked me this question. He noticed a difference in behavior between Excel 2000 and Excel 2002, in opening a file. Infact, whilst Excel 2000 accept "parts of name" and opens the file, Excel 2002 does not, and constraints you to write the entire name (or, obviously, to find it via MS explorer and click it). I have checked Excel 2002 "tools-options" but i have not found any parameter. Please, may you tell me about it? Thanks Marco Guarnacci ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and p...

Excel: Auto Resizing Cells Vertically
I cannot figure out how to make the cells of an Excel spreadshee automatically expand (resize) vertically to show the entire contents o the cell. I know how to manually resize, but now how to get th application to do it automatically. I think that auto resizing is the normal default for Excel spreadshee when you have the 'text wrap' on. However, I have received Exce spreadsheet from other people, and it seems like I have invertantl create spreadsheet that don't have automatically resizing cells. Ther are too many cells to manually resize each one. Thanks -- Message posted fro...

How can I wrap text in a text box in Excel?
I'm creating a form in Excel with fields to be completed by the user. In three sections, I need to insert a text box and have the entered text wrap to the next line within the designated box. I have tried merging the cells "under" the textbox and clicking on "wrap text" but it still does not want to wrap. I'm not sure if I understand your question. I hope I'm not over simplifying. If you have a Text Box and you want the text within the box to wrap, select the box and make it narrower by dragging in one of the sides. Otherwise, if you don’t want to chan...

Access Pivot Table and Pivot Chart
I have a pivot table that has calculated fields (by Row and or Column) and every time I try to view as a pivot chart it reverts back to the count not the calculated field. Can this be done and if so how. Thanks for your help. (this is in access 2003) Thanks MKK ...

How do I make Excel worksheet tabs change appearance when chosen .
On a Dell Inspiron 8600 notebook when working in Excel the worksheets chosen for editing as a group are not clearly identified by change in the color of the tabs as on my old desktop. Is there a solution? Hi not as far as i know, but the word [GROUP] should appear in the title bar when the sheets are grouped. Cheers JulieD "fentrkn" <fentrkn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BCAD7FE-965B-48CA-B97A-473A9AFB1C01@microsoft.com... > On a Dell Inspiron 8600 notebook when working in Excel the worksheets > chosen > for editing as a group are not clea...

Excel "Last Saved" in Footer
It would be nice to have the LAST SAVED date/time in the footer info & not just the current date/time. I know there's a crazy work around that involves some code, but come on. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...

w/excel how can I have half a page width differ from bottom
w/excel how can I have half a page width differ from bottom Column width is a property of the entire column so you cannot change = wdiths part way down. You can merge cells if just for display and printing only. Merged cells can cause no end of problems if you need to sort, copy and paste, filter or a host of other functions. BUT if only for print or display..........use them. Or place bottom half of data on another sheet, adjust width to suit then take a picture of it and paste to bottom half of first sheet. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:01:01 -07...

pivot table 01-28-10
Let me explain my situation here. I have tested few items for bacteria, yeast and mold and entered the results in cfu (or the number of bugs) on an excel 2007 spreadsheet. If the number of bugs for any of these are above 100 on an item, it would fail the test or is deemed contaminated. There are about 300 different items which are tested every day for these three bugs. I have three years worth of data and I would like to analyze these using a pivot table. Is there a way that I can make a pivot table and display the number of failures for each category of bug. I have other informa...

MS Money 2004 Deluxe-Balance Checking/Display payments/credits
I started balancing my checkbook on a new PC and can't seem to figure out how to display the payments/credits in the left pane while clearing my entries. My previous setup did it this way and no all I get in the left pane is the difference between statement and register. Any suggestions? Learn to live with it. M04 made it work this way. They thought we wanted it that way. Quite a number of people have come here asking this. Microsoft's reaction in M05 was to do nothing to change it. "Joe" <jchristopher@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1106450012.291950.212170...

Excel Invoice followon autonumbering
Hi Can anybody help me please I have designed an invoice, I want it to assign a new invoice number everytime a new invoice is generateded. Please could somebody give me an answer in clear jargon free wording, as I am really new to excel and I havent got a clue what I am doing. Many thanks, Chris Chris This is pretty simple except for one thing. What constitutes "a new invoice is generated"? Excel can react automatically to many "events" and do whatever you want when the "event" occurs. So when do you want the new number assigned? Maybe wh...

Excel Data menu has no XML.
I'm trying to use the on-line course on XML for Excel. On clicking the Data menu, there is no "XML" second-level command. Do you have Excel 2003. -- HTH Bob Phillips "GK" <GK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B40C03F-98E1-45D0-92FB-34265DBE8593@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to use the on-line course on XML for Excel. > > On clicking the Data menu, there is no "XML" second-level command. ...

Excel Page Range Printing Problems
Occassionally we have clients that have been working in excel constantly and when they go to print preview the spreadsheet page setup is set to print 1 x 1, which it should, but it reduces the spreadsheet to 54% (very very small). If you exit excel and go back in it doesn't recreate the problem. Sometimes the clients have to reboot and when they enter back into a spreadsheet everything is back the way it is suppose to view. Everyone is accessing different excel workbook. We have office 2000 fully patched along with all security patches. This is starting to happen on more than on...

copying text from an excel "box" that seems to be formatted

How do I use Excel 2000 to calculate mathematical formulas in a...
How to use Excel 2000 to calculate mathematical formulas in a worksheet, the example I can give you to what it is that I am trying to do is put together a chart that is going to automatically calculate a worksheet when I add numbers to it. I' ve seen it done, I just don't know how to do it, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? THANK YOU KINDLY, Talia Talia -- It sounds like you're a new user? Any Excel formula starts off with an '='. So: A B 1 5 2 6 3 =A1+A2 And when you press 'enter' after entering the fo...

Network Port Mapping Tables (any tables) in Viso
I'm looking for a "nice way" to build port mapping tables in a Visio Diagram... I have physical ports on a network switch, and the fiber optic port mappings of a patch pannel... example... Switch A, Slot 3, Port 2 is mapped to these 2 fiber connectors (where I get stuck w/ the table) 01-bf07-0001 and 01-bf07-0002, then they increment up. Switch A, Slot 3, Port 3 is 01-bf07-0003 and 01-bf07-0004 It just isn't jelling as a way for a nice table... any thoughts ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions w...

What are the differences in Money 2005 vs. 2004?
Have the budgeting and reporting features been made any more flexible? With 2004, if I want to track the amount of taxes I paid, but not include them on a budget, I can't. What are the features upgraded, and is it worthwile? Have you read the product information available at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/consumer/money05-materials.asp? Very close to nobody here has it yet, so it's a hard question to answer. "Nehmer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:291201c49b1c$84d1ad60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Have the budgeting and reporting fea...

How do I open xls files into older Excel?
I have excel 5.0C and need to work with files from a newer version of excel. Everytime I try to open files from a newer version of excel, I get the error message that it is not in xls format. Is there a way around this? Hi Flopmax, You would have to save the workbook in Excel 5 format: File | Save As | In the 'Save as type' dropdown, select: Microsoft Excel 5.0 / 95 workbook 9*.xls) Note that features dependent on later versions will be lost! Make sure that you save the workbook with a new name so that the current (newer) version is not overwritten! --- ...

same amounts from two different database
Hi! I would like to know, how can I match same amounts from two different database??? link the tables ...

Odd Behaviour - Project Gallery
Hi all I recently created two new templates in Word 2004 (V11.1) (saving as .dot template files) and saved to the "My Templates" folder. When Project gallery opens and I select that folder, all the new templates show up but as blank white icons, not the normal blue and white images one expects. Interestingly, the older templates I had created with Word V. X show up normally. When I change the view in Project gallery, all the icons show up normally. In Finder the icons all show normally too. This does not affect the behaviour of the files so the problem seems to be cosmetic only. An...

how can i open an excel file using microsoft works? or can I?
Hi Wilberich, I do not think that Works can open Excel Files. To open Excel files for viewing purposes, Microsoft provides a freely downloadable viewer at: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx Alternatively, OpenOffice offers much of Excels functionality and is freely downloadable at: http://www.openoffice.org The download is in excess of 60MB but a CD version is available at a nominal price. Another alternative might be to check Ebay for cheap xl2k offers. --- Regards, Norman "wilberich" <wilberich@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Linked Excel Charts
I am trying to create multiple reports with the same format, but differing data for the charts. I wrote VBA in excel to hit the SQL database with my parameters, and create my charts so I don't have to do it by hand hundreds of times a year. Now, I'm trying to lay the reports out in Publisher 2007 and have the charts linked to Excel (2007) so I can update the charts instead of copying and pasting every chart when it is updated in Excel. However, I can only paste the excel chart in as a picture (PNG) when using 'paste special' instead of pasting it with a link. I have ...

Allow for global price changing in the quantity discount table
I have a Client who offers quantity discounts to customers purchasing in volume. We use the Quantity Discount Table to handle this with no problem. There are several thousand items in his inventory. To change the prices in the Quantity Discount table manually currently takes a week. Can the 110 Price change wizard be extended with an option to expose the Items in the Quantity Discount Table and also have parameters for the "Quantity" or "Price" changes. 5 4.99 1...

Why did my Excel insertion point change to a cross?
What is the significance of an insertion point shaped like a fat cross rather than an I-beam? How do I change it? Check your Status bar. When you're in "Edit" mode, the cursor is an "I" beam. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "TrishF" <TrishF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845F6227-35D6-4B0C-A65C-6B577597A2C2@microsoft.com... > ...