How to view the code for excel built-in functions?

Is it possible? -For example the function PMT().
thanks.

0
serdar
12/19/2005 9:47:27 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

No, the code is compiled, so it would likely be less than useful anyway.

About the best you can do is check out the equations used in Help (see
"PV").

In article <OSU3OXOBGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "serdar" <s@s.com>
wrote:

> Is it possible? -For example the function PMT().
> thanks.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

View pointer in static function Help!!!
Help please , i need to implement a static function in CView derived class that must return to CDoc derived class the active view pointer...how can i do? i tried something similar CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CSdicap10View* pView = GetActiveView(); return pView; } it return error GetActiveView undeclared identifier or also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { return this; } but it return static member functions don't have this pointer and also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CFrameWnd * pFrame = (CFrameWnd *)(AfxGetApp()->m_pMa...

multiple view message processing with sdi
I have app aka windows explorer with 2 views left is CTreeView and right pane is CHTMLView. How to enable print for CHTMLView Currently if focus is on the left window - html page is not printed Thank you > I have app aka windows explorer with 2 views > left is CTreeView and right pane is CHTMLView. > > How to enable print for CHTMLView > > Currently if focus is on the left window - html page is not printed > This happens because OnCmdMsg of the non active view is not being called. You can do so explicitly by routing it to both the views in mainframe's OnCmdMsg ...

WinExplorer info to Excel
If I open My Computer (Windows 2000 Professional) in Details View, I can view the contents of any given folder or drive, with columns for filename, size, date created, date Modified, Author, etc. My question is, is there any way to get this information into an Excel worksheet? I have used another database explorer program (Invitrogen Vector NTI 10) which has a button called "camera" which does this. Thank you for your time and attention -- Anne Murray You can do it if you want to use "DOS" commands: Go to "START" - "ACCESSORIES" - "COMMAND...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

ability to view hotmail messages through outlook suddenly stopped
I have two email accounts, one that I access through my ISP and the other at Hotmail. Both email accounts have been set to open in Outlook (Outlook 2000 on Win XP OS). Until four days ago, I never had a problem viewing or responding to hotmail messages. Then suddenly, I could view the sender and subject of a message on the hotmail account viewed and formatted to work in Outlook, and I could delete an unread message, but I cannot open or view contents of any message received. Now I have to login to my hotmail account separately and view messages in a browser format, and it is driving me crazy....

Initialization of SDI Doc/View interface from MFC-based dll
I am trying to create MFC-based dll that will present SDI Doc/View interface to the user. My question is at the end of this rather lengthy post. This dll will be called from Win32 application that is not MFC based (also, this app is written in C, not in C++). I created MFC-based dll project (called MFCDLL) using the Wizard. In this project I created following classes: CPrintingDoc (derived from CDocument) CPrintingView (derived from CView) CMainFrame (derived from CFrameWnd) I created an exported function in this dll: extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) int SomeFunction(int n) { ...

Import excel into RMS
I need to import excel file into RMS is the only way thru EMS, or is there another option? You can download the "Quicksell Import Tool" from the downloads section of http://www.jeanholland.com - you have to create an account, but it's free. The quicksell import tool is an UNSUPPORTED tool that MS released several years ago. You can use it to import Items, suppliers and customers. I tried it once and found that it was easier for me to just load the files directly into SQL Server and move the data around from there - but I'm a SQL geek... A lot of people seem to like...

Images in Excel 2000
I'd like to import an 8 1/2" x 11" jpg image into an exel 2000 spreadsheet and be able to enter data into the cells and still see the image underneath. Is this possible and how do I do it. This would be impossible or nearly so using Microsoft Excel. You could do it with Word. http://www.officearticles.com/word/typing_on_top_of_a_scanned_form_in_microsoft_word.htm However, I think it's crazy to try it under any circumstances. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "cjones" <cjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

comp.apps.spreadsheets,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hi All, I am generating large amounts of data that need to be analyzed on the fly. To simplify the problem, consider an Excel workbook that has n number of data sheets, S1 to Sn. Each spreadsheet has 5 columns, C1 to C5 and x number of rows, R1 to Rx, in addition to the a header row. The workbook also has one main sheet called Smain. The workbook should be capable of doing the following automatically, either by pressing a button or auto-refresh when the data is updated: 1. The rows of each data sheet should be sorted max to min according to C3. 2. If the maximum value in C3 of a given sheet...

Ccur function
I am using the Ccur function to convert a number to a currency type. It works fine except in the cases where the number is negative. Is there a way to get a negative currency value? Correction: The case it fails on is this Ccur( 0 & [number] ). If the field is blank...make it $0.00, else make it $number. Fails when [number] is negative >-----Original Message----- >I am using the Ccur function to convert a number to a >currency type. It works fine except in the cases where the >number is negative. Is there a way to get a negative >currency value? >. > Thi...

Import Budget into GP v.10 from Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C99834.C340E060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having an issue and have followed the following but it still does = not work.=20 Error message when you try to import a budget in General Ledger in = Microsoft Dynamics GP: "The number of periods for the budget does not = match the number of columns in Excel" View products that this article applies to. -------------------------------------------------------------------------= -----...

View the Teams that the account is shared with
Hi All I urgently need to have a view of all the teams that a specific account is shared with, and possible the members of that team. Alternatively, I need a view of all the accounts that are shared with a specific team. I really can not believe that there is nowhere in the vanilla CRM that one can view the teams (and team members) that have access to an account. I will really appreciate any help or suggestions. Many Thanks Yolande du Preez MCP, MCSD, MCSE, MCDBA Yolande, When you are viewing an account record, you can go to Actions...Sharing to view all the Users and Teams that a...

excel Hyperlink question
Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Under the Insert Hyperlink menu, I think if you select the "Existing File or Web Page" button and point to what you want, that should do it. HTH Steve "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219B8DA6-B7E1-4405-A272-2EEEAF6F8786@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular > cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Is there a way the hype...

Excel properties
Hi, I'm having a problem running a Word macro which mailmerges data from an excel file I get sent regularly. This only started happening recently. I noticed that my macro runs fine if I open the Excel document then 'save as' the same name. Looking at the properties within Excel I see the original has nothing under the general tab and the archive box is unticked. The resaved document has all the 'type', 'location', 'size' etc data as you would expect, plus the archive box is ticked. Anyone know what's going on here then? Cheers, Shedlord ...

macro in excel 2007
I was able to access the macro trust level. My excel has customized form fields that don't show unless I populate the second options, what is the third option, will it let the fields stay available so I don't have to populate everytime? I have a trusted source. Hi Tillie, Without seeing the actual macro code (assuming that you issue is controlled by code and not by worksheet protection) then I don't think it is possible to answer your question. You probably should talk to whoever set up the worksheet. "access the macro trust level" only allows you to decide wheth...

public calendar- users can only view items they added????
hi lovely people, i'm trying to get my head round creating a public calendar, a year planner for the business with our small 1 server domain. we just got sbs 2003 after many years of a decrepid nt4 thing, its quite a culture shock!!! anyways here is my question... i've created a public folder calendar. i did this through outlook 2003 in my administrator account. i added numerous events to this public calendar fine and dandy from the same account. now, i can add to and view this public calendar quite happily. my problem is, i can add this new public calendar to any other user ac...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

Filtering Excel 2003 Charts to a date range
I have multiple charts that we look for trends on over 1-2 year time frames. Is it possible to have a chart show all the data that has been entered and when looking at the chart have a date range data to format that range differently. What I am trying to do is we have weekly or montly meetings, in these meetings I would like to show all the additional data differently that has been added since our last meeting, while showing accumulative data in a different format. The easiest way to get different formats is to use different series. If you had one series, you could use autofiltering to...

Select buttons pasted into Excel
I pasted a table from my investment account into Excel. The tabl included option buttons. I can get rid of the alpha/numeric part of th paste but the buttons remain. I've tried to format & copy empty cells but the button remains. I ca turn on the button -- nothing happens that I am aware of. How do I get rid of it?? Delete or clear doesn't work. joe -- jzemane ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jzemanek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

How to get an excel doc not saved as "Read Only"
I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there something I can do to prevent this in the future? Try File>Properties>General tab and see if Read Only is checked. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "bunbarn" wrote: > I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there > something I can do to prevent this in the future? Some additional items to work through: Read-Only in Excel, Problems with http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/readonly.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

view by name
Hello, I have a customer that manages someone else's mailbox. We have it mapped in her outlook as another mailbox in her profile and she has full rights to it. She needed to find a particular email that was sent to someone so she went to the sent items and viewed by "To" and typed in the person's name. There should have been 2 messages that came up as there were 2 that were sent to that person that day but only one shows up. If I view by date, then the other one shows up. Now this happens occassionanly, not just this time. Most of the time if she view's by "to" ...

Convert Xls to PDF For Excel
Convert Xls to PDF For Excel is the fast, affordable way to creat professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. It easy-to-use interface allows you to create PDF files by simply clic the "Save as PDF" button from MS Excel, creating documents which can b viewed on any computer with a PDF viewer. Convert Xls to PDF For Exce supports Font embedding, resolution, compression and multi-language And Convert Xls to PDF For Excel don't need any software such as adob acrobat. Easy Converting Microsoft Excel documents into PDF normal files couldn't b any easier. Simpl...

Issue in reading data from Excel
Hi All, I have 3 excel files with me. say,Test.xlsx, saved.xls and original.xls. Here Test.xlsx has got reference to saved.xls and original.xls and displays values from both files. But the cells referring to data from Original.xls shows #N/A in Test.xlsx where as data from Saved.xls shows the correct values. (I am using the formula: =HLOOKUP(A5,'D: \Testing\[Original.xls]Output'!$A$1:$CQ$2,2,FALSE) Here, saved.xls and original.xls has got same columns and same data, but if i check the files size of both, they are different. size of Saved.xls is 26 KB and the size of Original.xls file...

Import MS Word 2003 Table to Excel
I have a word document that has many tables. I need to take each table and put them into one cell in excel if possible. I have several test documents that I was able to transfer the information from Word to Excel in a row per record. I need to keep the tables with their respective row(record). Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

how can i lock a sheet in an excel file????
I made an excel of 5 sheets and i want to send it to all my employees, but I dont want them to have axces in just one sheet....Can I lock this sheet with a password??? you have a few options: 1. you can hide the sheet. 2. you can password protect the sheet with a password, on the review tab in excel 2007, tools/protection in 2003 3. you can limit the access to just cell a1, for example. alt-F11 to get to the vb editor,click view then properties window (or press F4), select the sheet and in the scroll area, enter A1. then they won't be able to select anything but A1. then...