How to unhide rows at the top of worksheet

Hi All,
Can someone please tell me how to unhide the top 15 rows of a
worsksheet?
ty,
Mark
0
mjgoo142 (2)
2/10/2009 9:11:37 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Normally you would go to >Window>unhide
HTH
John
<mjgoo142@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Can someone please tell me how to unhide the top 15 rows of a
> worsksheet?
> ty,
> Mark

0
johnd1 (109)
2/10/2009 9:19:17 PM
ctrl + A, Right click | unhide

On Feb 11, 2:11=A0am, mjgoo...@yahoo.com.au wrote:
> Hi All,
> Can someone please tell me how to unhide the top 15 rows of a
> worsksheet?
> ty,
> Mark

0
muddanmadhu (119)
2/10/2009 9:20:10 PM
On Feb 11, 8:20=A0am, muddan madhu <muddanma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ctrl + A, Right click | unhide
>
> On Feb 11, 2:11=A0am, mjgoo...@yahoo.com.au wrote:
>

> > Hi All,
> > Can someone please tell me how to unhide the top 15 rows of a
> > worsksheet?
> > ty,
> > Mark- Hide quoted text -

Hi Muddan,
It worked and thanks
Mark
0
mjgoo142 (2)
2/10/2009 9:46:40 PM
Hi,

Regarding Ctrl+A:  If you are running 2003 and your cursor is in data,
Ctrl+A selects the data, not the entire worksheet.  To select the entire
worksheet press Ctrl+A twice.  If you are in 2007 and your cursor is in a
Table, then Ctrl+A selects the data in the table.  If you press Ctrl+A a
second time from within the table the entire table, including titles are
selected.  To select the entire worksheet from inside a tabe press Ctrl+A
three times.

To avoid this confusion just click the top left corner of the worksheet, the
intersection of the row numbers and column letters.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"mjgoo142@yahoo.com.au" wrote:

> Hi All,
> Can someone please tell me how to unhide the top 15 rows of a
> worsksheet?
> ty,
> Mark

Extra row in header for Integration Manager
Hi, I have created a couple of Integrations with a Header and then the Integration. All my headers keep coming up with a blank row between the column Name and the actual name. The integration will still run but with an error. Is this possibly the relationship properties of 3 "0 to many" vs option 4 of 1 to many? How do I fix this? TIA If the source file is txt you have extra rows in file. Open up txt file and navigate to first row after last row of text. Then highlight from that point to bottom of of file and hit delete key to remove extra rows. If the sou...

fill a color to a row
Hi, I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to color the row. lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6 thanx in advance formula = =$h1=1 -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "mns" <mns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1BB615E-FA14-4DDA-99AE-3CD7BD28D5FD@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel > to > c...

Code Interferes with other Worksheet Change Events.
Hi All, I obtained code from a thread "Automatically fill down formulas when adding a record" and modified it because I had more formulas in more columns to carry down to new records. It works but it also interferes with other Worksheet_Change events. If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo CleanUp: With Target If .Value <> "" Then Application.EnableEvents = False 'Here are the formulas to carry down to new records. ...

How to keep one column or row static while others move?
I remember years ago being able to freeze for lack of better word a column or a row. Then when the spreadsheet was moved, this column or row did not move. It helped when using column headers. Thank you. I think what you're looking for is "Freeze Panes". Select the row beneath, or column to the right, of the cells you want to "Freeze". Then select "Freeze Panes" from the "Windows" menu. HTH, Elkar "Help with Excel" wrote: > I remember years ago being able to freeze for lack of better word a column or > a row. Then when ...

How to unhide rows at the top of worksheet
Hi All, Can someone please tell me how to unhide the top 15 rows of a worsksheet? ty, Mark Normally you would go to >Window>unhide HTH John <mjgoo142@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:2b5667f4-b236-49a0-891c-47baaaa18103@b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > Can someone please tell me how to unhide the top 15 rows of a > worsksheet? > ty, > Mark ctrl + A, Right click | unhide On Feb 11, 2:11=A0am, mjgoo...@yahoo.com.au wrote: > Hi All, > Can someone please tell me how to unhide the top 15 rows of a > worsksheet? > ty, > Mark On Feb 11,...

Workbook automatically unhiding rows upon opening
We have a shared workbook that our admin staff updates, and our sales staff accesses when on the road. Recently, some of the admin's computers, and all of the sales staff's laptops have begun unhiding all of the rows in this workbook when they open it. For others, the hidden rows stay hidden. I've been tasked with making sure the rows stay hidden upon opening, but I cannot figure out why this is happening. Help? It could be the two groups are actually accessing two different similarly named files.....could be same name in two different directories....problem is common in...

Row, Column measurement?
Excel 2000. What are the units? Why aren't they the same? If the row is 20 tall & the column 20 wide, why don't I have a square cell? How do I get one? -- Thanks in advance... Bob Try Format,raw height 11.25 Format,column width 1.43 "Bob Newman" wrote: > Excel 2000. > What are the units? Why aren't they the same? If the row is 20 tall & the > column 20 wide, why don't I have a square cell? How do I get one? > > -- > Thanks in advance... Bob > > > Nope. Bob "Sakai" <Sakai@discussions.microsoft.com...

In Excel I have a workbook, and want to select all blank rows for.
I have a worksheet with around 19,000 rows, some of which are blank. It's a price list I do regularly. How can I select all blank rows and then delete them. It will take hours to do them all manually. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "HANDY ANDY" <HANDY ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FC815E8C-813A-48EA-94A3-26E8B22F8EB4@microsoft.com... > I have a worksheet with around 19,000 rows, some of which are blank. It's a > price list I do regularly. How can ...

how to? custom worksheet function using VBA
hello. new user here. Is it possible to create "custom" worksheet functions in VBA in Excel 2007? I used to do this quite easily in Excel 5. I can't find how to do this in the new version. This MS article doesn't seem to work for the 2007: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010548461033.aspx I don't have Excel 2007, but doesn't it work the same way? You just put the UDF in a standard code module in the workbook where it's going to be used. For example: Function MySum(intNum1 As Integer, intNum2 As Integer) As Integer MySum =3D intNum1 + intNum2 E...

How do you create a macro on a worksheet that opens a dialog box?
How do you create a macro on a worksheet that opens a dialog box? It depends on the dialog box. If you want to show an inbuilt excel dialog box then: dlgAnswer = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show will show the FileOpen dialog box. Search help for the other built in dialog boxes to replace xlDialogOpen. If you want to get simple information from the user you could use InputBox. Otherwise you can design your own forms to show to the user by inserting a UserForm in the Visual Basic Editor and using the MyFormName.show in your macro. Neal "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Want info in a specific cell to reflect in another worksheet..
How do I get a Numerical Value on Worksheet 1 cell C3 to reflect in Worsheet 2 cell C5? Thank you! A good way to learn. in the desired cell put in = now goto the other sheet and cell then hit the enter key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Shiren" <Shiren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7B279C-4FE0-45E6-8876-C2F61EF0497F@microsoft.com... > How do I get a Numerical Value on Worksheet 1 cell C3 to reflect in Worsheet > 2 cell C5? > > Thank you! In worksheet 2 cell C5 enter ='worksheet 1'!C3 Gord Dibben Excel MVP ...

3 pg worksheet prints all pgs in color, but only 2 pgs in b&w?

Excel Charts in Word
I have an excel chart (of a balance sheet). On 2 different pages in Word using the same worksheet, I pasted the first section (assets), which contains 10 rows, and second section (liabilities), which contains 5 rows as pasted link as a MS Office Word Doc Object so that it updates each time I change the numbers in excel. My problem: When I try to add an additional row(s) in the liabilities section and update the link in Word, the previous last row does not appear on the Word document. How do I make sure that the pasted link updates the addtional rows without moving the previous bo...

Row widths
How do I select the rows I wish to chose and change thier size (widths) at the same time? Thank you for your response. Select them with Ctrl and Format/Row/Height with the height you want, don't you? -- A+ V. "Brurobiney" wrote: > How do I select the rows I wish to chose and change thier size (widths) at > the same time? Thank you for your response. I'm not sure if you mean rows or columns because you say "rows" and then you mention "width," but "width" applies to columns. So... if you want to adjust the column widths you selec...

MACRO for moving rows from one worksheet to another
I have a workbook that has different classifications based on a dates (Classifications = Red, Green, Yellow). On the cumulative sheet I have all and then I have a separate sheet for each class. Using macros I want to copy the rows (B-M) that contain the class to its corresponding sheet (keeping the cumulative sheet populated). I have a formula to notate which row contains the appropriate color (Column A). Each sheet has the same header as the cumulative sheet. The most effective way is to create your own macro. Turn on the macro recorder, go through the steps to copy your d...

delete rows in a given range
Anyone has a good sub to delete from a given range any row with blank index cell? For example, I have a table range with column A titled "Name" as index column. I need a sub that deletes any row where column A is blank, but say, column C has non-blank value. it is not the same as deleting all blank rows in a range. TIA. Wen Option Explicit Sub deletesortedduplicates() Dim i As Long Dim MC As Long MC = 1 'col A For i = Cells(Rows.Count, MC).End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 If Cells(i, MC) = "" and cells(i,mc+2)<>"" Then Rows(i).Delete Ne...

Highlight Individual Rows
Is it possible in Project 2007 to highlight individual rows - i.e. with a background colour of yellow instead of white? If so, how is it done Yes. Select the rows of interest, then Menu: Format/Text Styles ... and from there it should be clear. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 21/05/10 15:26, Nacker wrote: > Is it possible in Project 2007 to highlight individual rows - i.e. with a > background colour of yellow instead of white? If so, how is it done To highlight specific rows (on the left side of the Gantt Chart) in Project 2007, use Format/Text Styles... ...

Can I wrap rows of print?
I have twelve columns I must print out in a report and don't want to print on two pages. Can I "wrap" the columns from the second page when printing so they print beneath the corresponding information from the first page? For example: Name Address City State Zip Code Cost Project Date Name Address City State Zip Code Cost Project Date Storm, Not directly. Excel prints sheets pretty much as-is, with the acoutrements available in File - Page Setup. What you could do is make a mirror sheet in the layout you want, using links to the original. Then print that...

text is getting cut off when printed due to row ht.
In my spreadsheet the row heights are varied and look the right way, when I print my spreadsheet the rows are smooshed and text is cut off across the top. (Excel 2007) You can set the cell properties to "shrink to fit" (right click on cell(s) select format cells>Alignment tab click Shrink to fit box), other wise you will need to manually adjust them to display correctly. What you see and how it prints is very often different. Squeaky "bkikoen" wrote: > In my spreadsheet the row heights are varied and look the right way, when I > print my spre...

Auto copy and insert a defined number of rows as defined in a cell
Hi I don't know much about VBA but could probably work something out. I need to produce carton labels from a spreadsheet using Word to mail merge and the labels need to include 1 of 10, 2 of 10 on them. The number of labels required is dependant on a number which is included for each row of data in the spreadsheet. What I am doing at the moment is copying each row and insert pasting the additional number of rows required. In the new rows I then add 1 of 10 in the first row, 2 of 10 in the second row etc. etc. This then enables me to perform the mailmerge. I have around 300...

Deleting Rows #5
Hello All, I have a huge spreadsheet (that started as a text file) that I am trying to edit for two conditions separately: 1) How do I delete entire rows having the text "Jackpot" among its contents. 2) Is there a way to find and delete all text or characters falling between two :'s. Example- cell B6 contains [men: over 25: wear red], how do I delete the text falling between ":" and ":" , in this case "over 25". It can be "over 50" but the formatting is the same. Could a macro be used? I found some on the net but they did not do the j...

Highlighting row of active cell question
Hi, I’m using the code below to highlight the row of the active cell, but if you click in the highlighted row again it loses its highlight. What I need is some form of code I think to say “If the new active cell is in the same row as the old cell, keep the highlight” – I’m just not good enough at VBA to write it! 'Highlights the active cell row Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Static OldRng As Range On Error Resume Next Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 OldRng.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNo...

Adding worksheet at the end of workbook.
Hi All, I am working on excel automation using MFC. I want to add one worksheet at the end of the current workbook. Currently I am using Worksheets::Add(Before, after, Count,Type) method. i am passing optional parameter like this: COleVariant oOleVarOptional(DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND,VT_ERROR); _Worksheet m_oNewSheet = m_oSheets.Add(oOleVarOptional,oOleVarOptional, oOleVarOptional, oOleVarOptional) So it is adding the sheet before the current active sheet. But i am not getting what to pass for "after" in order to add the sheet at the end. Can anybody help me regarding this.....

Is there a way to insert a copied row into all aother tabbed table
I have a file with about 100 tabs along the bottom for other tables. I have a row that I need to copy and insert into each one of those (at the top, first row). I can copy and insert row into each tab individually but is there a way to have this insert into all of them at once in the same place? Yes. Group the sheets. For Excel help on how to group sheets, type "group sheets" into Excel help. -- David Biddulph "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09E31216-B19F-44F2-BEA2-8F913BA1ABB5@microsoft.com... > I have a file w...

How to increase the shading when highlighting mult. rows w/ mouse
In the Excel 2007 (which I've been using for six months and absolutely hate) how can you increase the contrast when highlighting multiple cells on a worksheet. If the cells aren't contiguous there is no way to see which cells have been chosen since they appear the same as the unhighlighted cells. Same goes for highlighting multiple tabs in a worksheet. The graphical user interface of 2007 is terrible, this feature makes it even worse (if that's possible!). I mean, seriously, who designed this new Excel? At least the option should be given to use the old interface...