How to represent a column in Excel

Hi, everyone

I currently have a formula.

{=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))}

However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed.
The data is retrieved from a remote database.

Is there any other way to represent it ?

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One quick-and-dirty way is to just do the whole column, x`like:

> {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G65536="Verified")*(Data!K2:K65536<=7),1,0))}

It won't be appropriate for Excel 2007, but is there any chance at all you'll actually fill
the sheet to row 65536?  It's also considered somewhat sloppy, but you'll have long since
been promoted.  It works just fine.

You can set up what's called a dynamic range.  There are restrictions.  Search for that if
you want to go that way.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
<kOdreaming@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, everyone
>
> I currently have a formula.
>
> {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))}
>

> However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed.
> The data is retrieved from a remote database.
>
> Is there any other way to represent it ?
>

> Thanks

0
someone798 (944)
2/9/2007 4:05:51 PM
Hi!

Could'nt you write it like this?:

{=SUM(IF((Data!G:G="Verified")*(Data!K:K<=7),1,0))}

/Ole

<kOdreaming@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, everyone
>
> I currently have a formula.
>
> {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))}
>

> However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed.
> The data is retrieved from a remote database.
>
> Is there any other way to represent it ?
>

> Thanks

Hi

Since column K is numeric, use that column to count the rows with data.
Create 2 Dynamic ranges.
Insert>Name>Define> Name        RngK
Refers to  =Data!$K$2:INDEX(Data!$K:$K,COUNT(Data!$K:$K)+1)

Name      RngG
Refers to =Data!$G$2:INDEX(Data!$G:$G,COUNT(Data!$K:$K)+1)

Formula for result
=SUMPRODUCT((rngG="verified")*(rngK<=7))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

<kOdreaming@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, everyone
>
> I currently have a formula.
>
> {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))}
>

> However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed.
> The data is retrieved from a remote database.
>
> Is there any other way to represent it ?
>

> Thanks

0
roger5293 (1125)

number rounding in MS Excel

update column

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Filters in Excel 2003

Public Folder link to Excel File

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

How do I disable the handicapped feature in Excel?
Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does anyone know how to reverse this? Duh! Nevermind. Not an Excel problem. Control Panel - Handicapped feature. Thanks. "TIrish" wrote: > Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to > hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does > anyone know how to reverse this? ...

Column searching problem
I have a worksheet called "net" containing the following: NETWORK AVG MIN MAX STD SAMPLES ABC 17.17 16.26 17.71 0.4469 19 CBS 12.99 11.69 14.56 0.6524 30 NBC 15.39 14.08 16.70 0.7323 38 NBC* 15.12 14.08 15.99 0.4910 31 Fox 10.63 9.07 12.09 0.9374 8 HBO 10.94 9.07 13.22 1.2507 19 Showtime 11.52 6.84 13.23 1.9017 11 HDNet 18.14 14.22 18.85 1.1619 14 HDNet* 18.45 18.13 18.85 0.2847 13 HDNet-Movies 1...