How to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula?

In order to simplify the maintenance of workbook formulas I need to
reference workbook name in hyperlink formula

=[myWorkbok.xls]mySheet!$E4

in this way

=[A1]mySheet!$E4

given the file name stored in cell A1

Cell A1 : myWorkbook

How do I write the formula to make it work?

Will it work even if the referenced workbook is closed?

Regards

Frank Krogh
0
fokrogh (1)
9/23/2010 11:47:38 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The function you'd want to use is =indirect().

But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed.

Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at:
http://xcell05.free.fr/
or
http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm

That includes =indirect.ext() that may help you.

===
If you have trouble getting to the site, then search google for indirect.ext.

I found this alternative site:
http://download.cnet.com/Morefunc/3000-2077_4-10423159.html

I didn't look to see if it was the most current version.

I'd check the original site every so often to see if it's working.

--
Dave Peterson
0