how to produce a csv file from a unicode-saved text file

Friends,

I have an excel spreadsheet (version 2000) that has Japanese characters. I
would like to save it as unicode text file so that I can FTP it to my unix
box for loading into an Oracle database.

When I save the file as unicode text, it properly preserves the characters,
but using whitespace as the delimiters. I would like to change this to a
csv, but when I save as the file as CSV, the Japanese characters turn into
set of ?? symbols.
Is there any way around to create the unicode text file with delimiters
other than whitespace?
Thanks for any ideas.

- Sal

0
SAL
9/29/2003 2:25:27 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Help, I cannot Save!

.pdf save as settings

Public Folder link to Excel File

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Renaming Partial File Names

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

parameter for text