How to prevent cell reference incrementing

I have an issue with a spreadsheet in that I want a calculation to
always use the same cell in a calculation.

I have placed the $ signs before the letter and number references and I
have even tried defining a name for the cells concerned but as soon as
I insert a line above the whole equation is offset which causes
problems.

Is there a way to totally lock into a certain cell either through using
the name or with special characters ?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Put the address in a cell as text (let's say in A1)
Use =INDIRECT(A1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

<theresaluff@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an issue with a spreadsheet in that I want a calculation to
> always use the same cell in a calculation.
>
> I have placed the $ signs before the letter and number references and I
> have even tried defining a name for the cells concerned but as soon as
> I insert a line above the whole equation is offset which causes
> problems.
>
> Is there a way to totally lock into a certain cell either through using
> the name or with special characters ?

0
nicolaus (2022)