How to move entire row?

Hello,
         I am using visual basic and Excel automation.
How can I programmatically move entire row to the end and shift all other
rows one row up?
Jack

0
Jack
2/27/2007 9:01:12 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Assuming that you want to select the row to be moved by selecting a cell in
it and that Column A entried  in it to the end of the data then try
something like this:

Sub MoveIt()
    Dim EndOfData As Long
    Dim Acr As Long

    EndOfData = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1

    Acr = ActiveCell.Row

    Rows(Acr).Cut Destination:=Rows(EndOfData)
    Rows(Acr).Delete Shift:=xlUp

End Sub

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com
Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"Jack" <replyto@it> wrote in message
> Hello,
>         I am using visual basic and Excel automation.
> How can I programmatically move entire row to the end and shift all other
> rows one row up?
> Jack

0
sandymann2 (1054)
2/27/2007 9:18:24 PM
Thank you.
It does work wonderfully.
What is it xlUp?
Jack

"Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Assuming that you want to select the row to be moved by selecting a cell
> in it and that Column A entried  in it to the end of the data then try
> something like this:
>
> Sub MoveIt()
>    Dim EndOfData As Long
>    Dim Acr As Long
>
>    EndOfData = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
>
>    Acr = ActiveCell.Row
>
>    Rows(Acr).Cut Destination:=Rows(EndOfData)
>    Rows(Acr).Delete Shift:=xlUp
>
> End Sub
>

> --
> HTH
>
> Sandy
> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
> and the crowning place of kings
>
> sandymann2@mailinator.com
> Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>

> "Jack" <replyto@it> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>         I am using visual basic and Excel automation.
>> How can I programmatically move entire row to the end and shift all other
>> rows one row up?
>> Jack

0
Jack
2/28/2007 2:47:40 AM
You are telling Excel to go to the End (row 65536 in Excel 2003) and then do
a Ctrl+Up (xlUp) to go to the last row with data.

> Thank you.
> It does work wonderfully.
> What is it xlUp?
> Jack
>
> "Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> Assuming that you want to select the row to be moved by selecting a cell
>> in it and that Column A entried  in it to the end of the data then try
>> something like this:
>>
>> Sub MoveIt()
>>    Dim EndOfData As Long
>>    Dim Acr As Long
>>
>>    EndOfData = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
>>
>>    Acr = ActiveCell.Row
>>
>>    Rows(Acr).Cut Destination:=Rows(EndOfData)
>>    Rows(Acr).Delete Shift:=xlUp
>>
>> End Sub
>>

>> --
>> HTH
>>
>> Sandy
>> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
>> and the crowning place of kings
>>
>> sandymann2@mailinator.com
>> Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>>

>> "Jack" <replyto@it> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>         I am using visual basic and Excel automation.
>>> How can I programmatically move entire row to the end and shift all
>>> other rows one row up?
>>> Jack

0
KC
2/28/2007 5:01:38 PM
Also, I used  Cells(Rows.count,1) rather than cells(65536,1) which in all
versions from XL97 to XL2003 would suffice, because as others have taught me
in these NG's, it makes it usable in all versions of XL including XL95 (with
16,384 rows) XL2007 (which they tell me has 1,000,000 rows)

--

"KC Rippstein" <kcrippsteinAThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
> You are telling Excel to go to the End (row 65536 in Excel 2003) and then
> do a Ctrl+Up (xlUp) to go to the last row with data.
>
> "Jack" <replyto@it> wrote in message
>> Thank you.
>> It does work wonderfully.
>> What is it xlUp?
>> Jack
>>
>> "Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>> Assuming that you want to select the row to be moved by selecting a cell
>>> in it and that Column A entried  in it to the end of the data then try
>>> something like this:
>>>
>>> Sub MoveIt()
>>>    Dim EndOfData As Long
>>>    Dim Acr As Long
>>>
>>>    EndOfData = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
>>>
>>>    Acr = ActiveCell.Row
>>>
>>>    Rows(Acr).Cut Destination:=Rows(EndOfData)
>>>    Rows(Acr).Delete Shift:=xlUp
>>>
>>> End Sub
>>>

>>> --
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Sandy
>>> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
>>> and the crowning place of kings
>>>
>>> sandymann2@mailinator.com
>>> Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>>>

>>> "Jack" <replyto@it> wrote in message

0
sandymann2 (1054)
2/28/2007 7:41:36 PM
Sandy, I have modified your code a little:

Public Sub XLMoveToLast()
    Dim EndOfData As Long
    EndOfData = moExcelWS.UsedRange.Rows(moExcelWS.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Row
+ 1
    moExcelWS.Rows(CurrentRow).Cut Destination:=moExcelWS.Rows(EndOfData)
    moExcelWS.Rows(CurrentRow).Delete Shift:=xlUp
End Sub

What do you think about that?

> Also, I used  Cells(Rows.count,1) rather than cells(65536,1) which in all
> versions from XL97 to XL2003 would suffice, because as others have taught
> me in these NG's, it makes it usable in all versions of XL including XL95
> (with 16,384 rows) XL2007 (which they tell me has 1,000,000 rows)
>
> --
> HTH
>
> Sandy
> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
> and the crowning place of kings
>
> sandymann2@mailinator.com
> Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>

> "KC Rippstein" <kcrippsteinAThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
>> You are telling Excel to go to the End (row 65536 in Excel 2003) and then
>> do a Ctrl+Up (xlUp) to go to the last row with data.
>>
>> "Jack" <replyto@it> wrote in message
>>> Thank you.
>>> It does work wonderfully.
>>> What is it xlUp?
>>> Jack
>>>
>>> "Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message

0
Jack
3/1/2007 1:49:54 AM
Jack,

You are using keywords not available to me in XL97 so I cannot say if there
is anything that should be changed - perhaps others with later versions will
chip in and comment on your code.

--

> Sandy, I have modified your code a little:
>
> Public Sub XLMoveToLast()
>    Dim EndOfData As Long
>    EndOfData =
> moExcelWS.UsedRange.Rows(moExcelWS.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Row + 1
>    moExcelWS.Rows(CurrentRow).Cut Destination:=moExcelWS.Rows(EndOfData)
>    moExcelWS.Rows(CurrentRow).Delete Shift:=xlUp
> End Sub
>

> What do you think about that?
> Jack
>

> "Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> Also, I used  Cells(Rows.count,1) rather than cells(65536,1) which in all
>> versions from XL97 to XL2003 would suffice, because as others have taught
>> me in these NG's, it makes it usable in all versions of XL including XL95
>> (with 16,384 rows) XL2007 (which they tell me has 1,000,000 rows)
>>
>> --
>> HTH
>>
>> Sandy
>> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
>> and the crowning place of kings
>>
>> sandymann2@mailinator.com
>> Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>>

>> "KC Rippstein" <kcrippsteinAThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> You are telling Excel to go to the End (row 65536 in Excel 2003) and
>>> then do a Ctrl+Up (xlUp) to go to the last row with data.
>>>
>>> "Jack" <replyto@it> wrote in message

0
sandymann2 (1054)
3/1/2007 1:26:24 PM
Jack,

One potential problem that you could have is your use of UsedRegion.  MVP
Rodney Powell explains it here:

http://www.beyondtechnology.com/geeks012.shtml

--

> Jack,
>
> You are using keywords not available to me in XL97 so I cannot say if
> there is anything that should be changed - perhaps others with later
> versions will chip in and comment on your code.
>
> --
> HTH
>
> Sandy
> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
> and the crowning place of kings
>
> sandymann2@mailinator.com
> Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>

> "Jack" <replyto@it> wrote in message
>> Sandy, I have modified your code a little:
>>
>> Public Sub XLMoveToLast()
>>    Dim EndOfData As Long
>>    EndOfData =
>> moExcelWS.UsedRange.Rows(moExcelWS.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Row + 1
>>    moExcelWS.Rows(CurrentRow).Cut Destination:=moExcelWS.Rows(EndOfData)
>>    moExcelWS.Rows(CurrentRow).Delete Shift:=xlUp
>> End Sub
>>

>> What do you think about that?
>> Jack
>>

>> "Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>> Also, I used  Cells(Rows.count,1) rather than cells(65536,1) which in
>>> all versions from XL97 to XL2003 would suffice, because as others have
>>> taught me in these NG's, it makes it usable in all versions of XL
>>> including XL95 (with 16,384 rows) XL2007 (which they tell me has
>>> 1,000,000 rows)
>>>
>>> --
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Sandy
>>> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
>>> and the crowning place of kings
>>>
>>> sandymann2@mailinator.com
>>> Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>>>

>>> "KC Rippstein" <kcrippsteinAThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message

0
sandymann2 (1054)

move sharepoint databases Business Portal 4.0
I am attempting to move wss 3.0 databases from a sql 2000 to a sql 2005 on same server. I read the article id 862672, but this seems to apply to wss 2.0. I read a technet article that says to use preparetomove stsadm command before detach, but I get an error message that says ""Missing operation name or the operation name is invalid". Is there a new procedure for move sharepoint databases available? ...

Excel crashes when I move sheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I am trying to move or copy a sheet from one excel workbook to another one. Each time I try and do this, Excel crashes. What can I do to avoid this? In article <ee9884a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, stephatskyling@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > I am trying to move or copy a sheet from one excel workbook to another one. > Each time I try and do this, Excel crashes. What can I do to avoid this? Can you give a little m...

how to clear automatic folder list when moving email messages

cretae a sheet of selected rows
apologies, forgot to complete subject before hitting go!: Hi there. I have a sheet 'events' with 'A' Row being a patient ID taking the form S002, S003 etc. Each patient can have more than one row- these are hospital events, so often more than one. I have another sheet 'selected' with a selected list of patient IDs. Some of these patients have an event or events on the 'events' page, some do not. I'd like to create another sheet where all 'events' rows with a matching ID to the 'selected' list are displayed. (i.e. aselected sheet of rows fro...

Automatically copying fomulae when Inserting rows
I have a spreadsheet which has some complicated formulae in some cells, so I want to lock and protect those cells to prevent other users from spoiling them. However, one of the things these users need to do is to insert rows to add new data in the correct place. I would like the formulae from the corresponding cells above the new row to be automatically copied. The only way to get the formulae in that I know is to use the "fill handle" but you cannot do that when the cell is locked. Is there another way? Hi Ian, If you and your users are all using Excel 2002 or later, ...

Flag row if cell values = something specific
Let's say A1 = top and B1 = Bottom in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell background color of C1 should be red. How can I do this? And I need to do this in a macro. I can't use conditional formating from the menu. I have a recorded macro that does all my formatting and I need to add this. "Some Dude" <sdatt@myplace.com> wrote in message news:e9kw7DrfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Let's say A1 = top > and B1 = Bottom > > in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell > background color of...

How to count rows that match two criteria? #2
Hi! I hope the title uses the right terminology, but here's what I am trying to do (with greatly simplified example). Single workbook. Excel 2002. I'm using two worksheets, but the same could apply within a single worksheet. In worksheet CCC, column C contains the list of valid strings for the AAA!A cells. Each string appears once and only once. On worksheet AAA, each cell in column A might contain any ONE of several strings (MMM, OOO, PPP, etc) or it might be empty. There may be several of each string in this column, and some strings may not appear at all. On the sa...

Ratio-to-moving average
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C746C6.CBE5EA60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know how to create a ratio-to-moving average in Excel?? Thanks in advance, ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C746C6.CBE5EA60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = cha...

row delete
hi all, when i use this command to delete all rows if column A is blank, in few cases it deletes all the rows even if column A is not blank why i it so Columns("A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete End Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi vikram There is a limit with Specialcells http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832293 Look also on David's site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/delempty.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "vikram >" <<vikram.19p3r6@excelforum-nospam.com> ...

Link row to Column
I have a spreadsheet that has multiple tabs. I want to have a row of data be linked to a column on the other tab. For example: A1 linked to A1 B1 linked to A2 C1 linked to A3 D1 linked to A4 Is there an easy way to transpose the link so that I don't have to manually create the link for each one? I have about 70 or so and growing. Try: Cell A1: =INDIRECT("Sheet2!A" & COLUMN(A1)) and drag across the columns Regards Trevor "Aaronous" <Aaronous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EA38615-6B24-402B-8C2A-78E4189A4C45@microsoft.co...

Outlook 2K
I'm running Outlook 2000 with Microsoft LDAP, Fedora 3 & OpenLdap. If I enter a name, it is resolved correctly on the LDAP server, and if I pop up the address book window, click on search, leave the seach blank, and click on OK, then I get the entire directory. I'm using this in a small office instead of numerous PAB files. I'd like Outlook to populate its local directory each time it is launched, without having to go through the search. Is there a way to do this? ...

moving 5.5 with settings and mail to a new computer?
I've got 5.5 running on an NT4 box. Very stable, hard to find fault. I'd like to install NT4 and Exchange 5.5 (used as POP3 and SMTP) on a new box (outside my domain), and move everything in Exchange from the old box over to the new box with the least amount of downtime. What is the best way to do this - without buying some 3rd party tool? -- Thanks in advance, Les Caudle Please have a look at the following case and let me know if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q155216 ============================================================================...

Data to transfer from column to row #2
Dear All, I have a cell that contains like: PM-1234, PM-2345, PM-5689, PM-9999. I want to segregate these 4 tag into rows. i.e., PM-1234 PM-2345 PM-5689 PM-9999 Is there any excel guru out there to help in my problem??? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, qwerty7 -- qwerty7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- qwerty70's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3267 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52474 If you highlight the four cells containing the data, then click <...

SSRS 2005 matrix using rows as headings
Has anyone ever had to do this? Display a matrix on an SSRS report using the row data as a heading and repeating the column headings for each row? I've gotten pretty close using a matrix containing a rectangle in the Data area which itself contains another matrix; however since the column data needs to repeat, the "row heading" doesn't span accross the entire report. Below is an example - plus some generic SQL to generate the dataset (ListName=Row, OptionName=Column, SelectedYN=Data). Thanks for the help! BLeppert Standard Matrix: Neve...

Can we change line spacing in Excel? (Not row height.)
If the text is too widely spaced apart between sentences in a cell, is there a way we can scrunch them closer together similar to what we can do in a word-processing program when we change line height? Tx. :oD StargateFanFromWork wrote: > If the text is too widely spaced apart between sentences in a cell, is there > a way we can scrunch them closer together similar to what we can do in a > word-processing program when we change line height? Tx. :oD I think you mean character (horizontal) spacing, not line (vertical) spacing. I don't think you can do that with Excel. But yo...

Moving to a new computer
I'm a MS Money 2005 user in Canada and am purchasing a new computer in a few days. When I bought the system I have now, I seem to recall having to uninstall MS Money on my old computer before I could install and use it on the new one to access my Money files. I don't remember if this was Money 2005 or an older version; I've been using MS Money to reconcile my banking for a number of years. Can someone tell me if I need to uninstall MS Money on this computer before dismantling it and setting up the new system? TIA, Tom -- remove .spoo to reply by email "Tom Hall"...

hard disk moved; pst corrupted
Hello, All! i've moved my hd form usb device and mounted on 2nd channell ide on my pc then i have changed drive letter in ordert to keep the same path that i had before then i have launched outllok: pst corrupted, please launch scanpst.exe after that, i have lost last 3 months' mail i have tried also many configuration: also new pst, after moving hd form usb to internal ide, became corrupetd i think that there is something that concerns ide-usb mounting unfortunatly load old pst form usb gives the same error how to solve this issue? how to recover my pst? thanks With best regar...

Moving music files to keep them organized but WMP12 cant find them
Over the past three years, I have used WMP to rip backup copies of all my music. In addition to the normal album folders, I now have five miscellaneous folder locations: Variétés, Various, Various Artist, VARIOUS ARTISTS, and Untitled. When I try to move the album folders (containing the music files) from one of these to another, WMP12 no longer sees them and locks up. I can no longer play the songs nor delete the album, or any of it's songs from the library. Deleating a music folder an re-ripping it, is no longer an option for many of my CD's, as they are e...

Unable to Move Massive Mailboxes
Hello Everyone. I'm have a nightmare with moving a few mailboxes. The last 25 mailboxes out of 1300 will not move to the new server. Both Exchanges are in the same site. Both boxes are 2k with Exchang 5.5 - SP4 and all patched up. They are connected to the same network device. The last few mail boxes are over 400mb in size. One mail box is 1.8gb!! I tried to move them but the move failed. I read up on this and everyone says not to try again incase I lose the data. Is there any problems copying large mailboxes?? Is there a recomended Max for a mailbox. I was thinking abou...

Referencing column to row across worksheets
I have a column of numbers in one worksheet that I want to use in a row of another sheet as a relative reference. Changes in the first sheet should affect the second. How do I do this? Try the below in Sheet2 and copy across....with data in Sheet1 A2:A10.. Adjust the range to suit =INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$10,COLUMN(A1)) -- Jacob "LZCenter" wrote: > I have a column of numbers in one worksheet that I want to use in a row of > another sheet as a relative reference. Changes in the first sheet should > affect the second. > > How do I do this...

How can I move my document from the very far right of the screen .
My document is to the far right of the screen, up too far for me to grab the title bar and use the minimize/maximize buttons. How do I get my document back to where I can work with it? Rightclick on the icon on your windows taskbar (usually at the bottom of the screen). Select Move use the arrow keys to move it where you want and hit enter when you're happy. Alternatively, with the excel application having focus. Hit alt-Spacebar hit m then move with the arrow keys and hit enter. Mim wrote: > > My document is to the far right of the screen, up too far for me to grab the > t...

Transfer an entire shops stock out for 1 category
I have de-listed several categories in one shop, and now want to transfer out the whole stock to another branch, regardless of whether the other shop "needs" it from the ReStock Levels. Is there an easy way of doing this, preferably through HQ but otherwise at Store level. Chris Hi Chris, There are various solutions: Solution 1 - Go to HQ and use worksheet 330. Select those categories that you want to transfer whole stock to the other store. Leavethe qty to be transferred as 1 on all those category and finish the worksheet. Then when the worksheet shows you go to the...

How do I stop automatic insertion of rows in Excel?
Suddenly, on a stock point and figure chart, I am getting rows inserted as I add a string of o's going downward on a chart. It only seems to happen when I get to a level below which there are no o's enterred yet as I work right to left on the chart. ...

arrow keys move the entire document instead of just object
Somehow I have changed my nudge, snap or glue settings (or some other settings) that have effected how my arrow keys on my keyboard affect my Visio document. Currently if I select an object and I hit the arrow key (on the keyboard) my entire document moves.. I would like my object to move or nudge around from clicking the arrow keys. How can I fix this? I am having the same issues and haven't found a solution for it yet, does or has anyone else found a solution for this problem. It really affects a person's ability to move shapes around effectively and just plain work efficie...

Row elimination problem
I am a novice Excel user and this forum has been extremely helpful i the past. I have an inventory list with one of the columns being quantity. How does one eliminate the rows (hundreds ) with 0 in the qantit column in order to compact the list to only what is in stock? Thanks in advance for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There are many ways, which a search in the newsgroup (not forum) archives will give you: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* However, from your description, I'd say that advanced filter is what you're l...