How to make the color change stick in a PivotChart

I have a PivotChart (bar chart). When I format a data series and chang
the color of the bar, it changes color OK. However, when I refresh th
PivotChart, the color reverts to the default. Can you help

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

> I have a PivotChart (bar chart). When I format a data series and change
> the color of the bar, it changes color OK. However, when I refresh the
> PivotChart, the color reverts to the default. Can you help?

For the "parent" table, uncheck AutoFormat in Table Options.

HTH,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)
2/18/2004 8:11:27 AM
Thanks, but that didn't work.

I did not mention that this PivotChart has to following code to make it
refresh automatically when I click its tab. Is this causing my problem?

---

Change and save view settings in pst file
I have changed the settings in a .pst file of sent items to include the To field and to be view = AutoPreview, yet when I go to another Outlook folder and get back into the old Sent items PST, Outlook defaults to NOT show the To: field and to NOT show the messages in auto-preview mode. Any ideas on how to make the settings stick? Thanks PSulli ...

Plot area colors
I have a bar chart, where I would like to shade the background in three different colors, from bottom to top. Is this possible? Yes, but it'll take a few dummy series. Check out Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BackgroundFill.html For different ways to create background fills. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Lorri" wrote: > I have a bar chart, where I would like to shade the background in three > different colors, from bottom to top. Is this possible? ...

making quote attachments searchable
Hi, I'm developing an MS CRM 3.0 system for a sales organisation. They have a mandatory requirement to be able to attach word docs and excel to quotes within the system. The contents of these documents needs to be searchable. This doesn't seem to be possible. Is there a workaround or a third party plug-in which would enable this? Thanks! Mike Hi Mike, A good solution is using SharePoint for the document storage and hosting it in an IFRAME. This way you're tightly integrating with CRM and have all of the search capabilities of SharePoint. It may be not an option for you, ...

Using this Automatic Resizing Macro with Worksheet Change
I'm trying to have Sheet 1 run a macro (code below) that automatically resizes a merged cell in Sheet 2 when I select new selection from a drop down box in Sheet 2. My inclination is that I should be using a Worksheet Change function but I'm unsure how to write the code to call this macro from there. Also, a problem I don't want to run into is that the cell on Sheet 1 will not be active since I'm changing it via a drop down on Sheet 2. Any help appreciated. --John Dim CurrentRowHeight As Single, MergedCellRgWidth As Single Dim CurrCell As Range Dim ActiveCellWidth A...

Changing the Date Format in the Outlook 2003 Inbox from US to AUS
Hi I recently installed Outlook 2003 and whenever I receive an email in the inbox under the received column the date keeps appearing inthe american format and I am in Australia Example: I want 18th November 2003 to appear in the Australian format of Fri 18/11/2003. Instead it is appearing as Fri 11/18/2003 and this is effecting me at times when I am working on projects and from home as I am browsing and have inadvertently assumed the wrong date something is due. Could someone please advise me how I can change this around in the Options or help menu please. Any assistance is greatly...

Change default font via script?
Hey all... I was wondering if it is possible to set the default font vi script or registry? I have 160 workstations running OutlookXP o Windows 2000 Professional and we are changing our company's logo. already wrote a KIX script to change the signature files, however th default font for creating e-mail messages must now the Ariel. (Currently Times New Roman) I figure I can add/modify a regkey bu thus far I have googled everywhere without any results. Any help/ideas is much appreciated! Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip...

Change Outlook 2K3 Default attachment path
We need to permanently change the default path for E-mail attachment saves. Outlook will keep the same/corrected path as long as it is open. When we close it and restart, it reverts to the original path. Thanks in advance, ayrton (Love Office 2K3) Yes, I did a search! If you change it in outlook, it changes for all office apps. Why not use the places bar - it adds just one click to get to the right path. http://www.poremsky.com/p/places_bar.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

Dexterity
Hello, I'm using GP 8.0 and I was experimenting with Dexterity to see if I could make a small change take effect when I ran Great Plains. I just modified one the Microsoft Business Solutions logo and put the word Test under the MBS text. When I look at any form tha uses that image I can see the change I made, however, when I run GP I cannot see the change I made. Can anyone tell me how to make the change stick completely? Thank you in advance. Hi If you have made changes to an existing Great Plains window and go through the process of creating a chunk file (see KB below) and create an ...

Excel changes my formulas
Excel is changing my formulas every time I input a new value that is an input for the formula. I does not happen everywhere, but is fairly consistent where it happens. This is creating havoc in a monstrous edifice of numerical information. Let's say I have column A with an existing numerical value, then I have column B with a formula adding columns C and D (B=C+D). On columns C and D, I input numerical values. Then I have column E, adding columns A+B (E=A+B). In many places in my spreadsheet, the moment I put a number, any munber, in column C or column D, column E becomes A+B+C...

Diferent Colored Items
I have noticed that some items (description, price, etc.) in the lookup screen are colored red and others black. I can't seem to find a reason why. Anyone know? Thanks. Not sure what you are looking at... If you have set the option to use the Find Window for items, then the fields that match your search criteria will list in Red, but that's the only place I have seen alternate colors displayed. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all respons...

Outlook 2007
I was having a strange problem with Outlook 2007. When viewing any mail folder, I can click on the column headers to change the sort order. When performing this action on one of my computers the currently selected Email remains selected, however, on another computer the selected email position is lost and the email at the top of the new sort order becomes selected. If I reset both "views" to their default settings, they still exhibit the same behaviour (one works as I expect, the other jumps to the top of the list upon changing the sort order). This is an annoying problem,...

compare & delete & color ...
Dear all , i have a vba execl question here. I have a two sheets worksheet ( HPTB and Statement ). HPTB is my trial balance which has 9 columns ( A - I ) , column c is invoice number and column H is amount ; Statement is vendor's trail balance which has 7 columns ( A - G ) , column B is invoice number and column F is amount. What I try to do is compare these two columns , if they are same invoice numbers i want to calculate the difference ( use Statement amount - HPTB amount), and if the difference is Nil , i want to delete these two rows ; if the difference not Nil , I want to leave this...

change default font size in contact record template, "note area"
I wish to change the default font size in the note area when using a contract record. I can change the font size when I open each record but I wish to change the default size of that font. It's controlled by one of the settings in tools, options, mail format, fonts and is global to all note fields and message bodies. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

Change NEW APPOINTMENT, ACCEPT, Comments default #2
I get lots of New Appointment requests daily. After choosing ACCEPT, the question is asked, " "Do you want to include Comments with your response?" 3 options are given. They are: - Edit the response before sending - Send the response now (The Default selected) - Don't send a response How can I CHANGE the DEFAULT Comment option (which is presently the 2nd choice "Send the response now ") to a new Default of the 3rd choice "Don't send a response"? Change NEW APPOINTMENT, ACCEPT, Comments default ...

how to make OUTLOOK EXPRESS mail recipient in excel
I am using OUTLOOK EXPRESS as the default mailing client , But When i use excel to send the file in the MAIL RECIPIENT option , there the default mailing client is MICROSOFT OUTLOOK , how to change it to OUTLOOK EXPRESS. ?? thx This is usually controlled by an internet explorer setting. Open MSIE tools|internet options|Programs tab I'd have excel closed when you make this change--I'm not sure if excel reads this when it opens or when you try to use it. And I've had to toggle this from OE to something else, then back to OE just to wake that setting up. (Don't give up ...

Make excel 2003 default to open files
I have Excel 2003 running alongside 2007. Double clicking an excel file causes it to open in 2007; how do I force 2003 to open the files instead? Sandy You most likely have to reset your file association from 2007 to 2003. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe for Office 2003 In that case Start>Run "C:\your path to\office11\excel.exe" ...

Background color of the whole app
Hello, I am developing a property sheet app which creates the sheet and pages in the OnCreate() in the view. It would be nice to be able to modify the colors of the app to give it a little more pizazz than the standard gray that MFC defaults to. I know about handling OnCtlColor() and also calling SetDialogBkColor() in the InitInstance() of the app class. The problem with these is that there is always the menu bar/ Tab control/etc that remain the default color. Since MFC colors everything to this default color, is there a quick easy way to change this color... for everything? I suspe...

Custom Color Cell Shading in Excel
I want to use custom (RGB) colors in excel to fill cells, but I can't seem to figure it out. I can only find the basic ones which just don't meet my requirements. Even if you use RGB colours, Excel will fill; it with the colour closest in the colour palette. You need to change the colours in the palette. -- HTH RP "NicoleT" <NicoleT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4904A23E-D3CD-450E-8B55-9098B868CFBD@microsoft.com... > I want to use custom (RGB) colors in excel to fill cells, but I can't seem to > figure it out. I can only find the b...

'Your changes could not be saved...'
Hey, Running Excel 2000 on Windows XP, using workbooks on a windows 2000 server... Occassionally, we get the error message 'you changes could not be saved to xxx.xls, they will be saved to a temporary file X1X1X1X1 instead' (or something similar). Has anyone found a fix/way around this problem... is it a problem with the server or excel? Thanks for your help guys, S When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, xl will delete the original and if that's successful, xl will rename the ...

Can the location of signatures be changed?
In the previous environment (WintNT,Outlook 98) we stored the signatures for Outlook on the user's home shares(without roaming profiles). Now this seems not as easy (WinXP, Outlook 2002). Roaming profiles is still not an option but we can't find a way to change the default location (C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures). I found that changing the name in reg-key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\General\Signatures corresponds with changing the foldername in the previous mentioned user-folder. chaning it to a diffent drive doesn'...

how to change a field for many contacts?
Hello, Is it possible to change a field for many contacts, at the same time. Basically, select many contacts, and change a field? Thank you. T.I. Talal Itani wrote: > Is it possible to change a field for many contacts, at the same time. > Basically, select many contacts, and change a field? View the contacts folder in a table view, group by the field you want to change. Edit one contact to have the value you want. Drag and drop the rest of the ones you want to change over to that grouping. If you need more explicit instructions, let us know what version of Outlook and what ...

Change case for all text in cell range
I'm trying to change all the names in existing cells (in a contiguous range) from standard case to all upper case (e.g: A1 = Joe Smith, A2 = Jane Doe, etc. to: A1 = JOE SMITH, A2 = JANE DOE, etc.). I need the new upper case values to be in the original cells. Using "=UPPER(A1:BB82) forces the values in that range to change but the new upper case values are in a different cell range. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. RLL ~ 1/27/2004 Borrowing code from Dave Peterson on truncating Left, this will make everything in A1:BB86 uppercase. Sub UCaseMe() Application.ScreenUpdating = False D...

Word 2003 compatibility changes to Word 97
Work for a document services group using Word 2003. At times and more than we like, the normal.dot will change from 2003 to Word 97. We go in and fix it, but we were asked by some that we support the reason it keeps happening. Looking to see if anyone knew the specific cause and any information that can back it up. We need to show the company why. Word 97 and 2003 use the *same* file format? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com W...

Theme change. Navigation buttons not appearing on page.
I changed my theme. everything looks good except the home navigation button is there but the theme of it isnt. Tools->recalculate Hyperlinks If that does not fix it, reply with a link to the page. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. "Kimberly" <Kimberly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:887E2ADD-0E3A-4F40-89E6-7957E7F75A00@microsoft.com... > I changed my theme. everything looks good except the home navigation > button > is t...

compare lists to highlight any changes in different list
I am trying to figure out how to compare 2 lists that are not the sam length and if the info appears in both lists, then it will extract th corresponding values 2 columns next to that row in each list. A B C D 1 go 2 bo 3 no 1 lo 6 to 8 up 2 bo 9 yo 0 ro If we take the above as an example, you have column A and column C tha you are comparing to see if the same info is in each column. If the are the same, it checks to see if the info to the right of column A an D are the same. (Ex. Col A and C both have the value 1, so then inf next ...