How to keep display format when exporting XML?

First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem.

My problem is this.
When exporting my xml data, the time/date values loose their display
format.  A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like
0.001353 when exported..

What do I need to do to keep the same format as is displayed in Excel?
It would
sure be great if you could help.
Kind regards

0
ogibogi (3)
8/4/2006 6:40:11 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Data Definition/Schema export
Hello, Is there an easy way to obtain the schemas/data defintions for the primary entities? The purpose is to put together a data mapping document. Thanks, for the help! All of this info is contained in the Metabase. It's not too easy to put together, but there's some good code in the GotDotNet User Sample page that might have what you're looking for: http://www.gotdotnet.com/community/usersamples/default.aspx?query=crm&SortDirection=Desc&SortColumnName=CreationDate&Page=1&Size=50 "MDV1457" wrote: > Hello, > Is there an easy way to obtain t...

Conditional format #12
Hi. I am trying to set a conditional format. If NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())> 3 I would like the cell to format with red shading. How do is set the formula in the condtional statement? I tried ="NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())>3" , but this doesn't seem to work. Thanks, Mike. Hi Mike! It doesn't work because the NETWORKDAYS function is in another workbook (the Analysis ToolPak add-in). You can use a workaround by putting your condition in a separate cell (eg B1) and then referring to that cell: B1 =NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY()) Then your conditional format for A1 becomes:...

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

formating color
hi i have a formating question. i have cells with number choices i them. for example the cell looks like this. 100, 105, 123, 041, 514, 455 now i want to go back and select one of these. i wanted to highligh the one that was chosen. but it will not let me. is there a way i ca do this? it will only allow me to highlight the entire cell, not jus parts of it. thank you in advanc -- RAPPE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RAPPEL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

How can I customize the Filter Drop down on the formatting toolbar
I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I have created. Can i do that? Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove the checkbox for Show in Menu. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I > have created. Can i do that? > I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they are checked or not. "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Project > Filter by > Mo...

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

My pictures are compressed somehow and they don't display on my s.
My pictures do not show up on my screen but they do print and I can see them on my print preview and I must have a wrong setting somewhere. Can anyone help me, I can't work with them when I can't see them and I have a job to complete. I have never run into this before View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Marian" <Marian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A63F349-C593-435E-99A1-518BE2FB9CD4@microsoft.com... > My pictures do not show up on m...

Export from Access
I built an Access database which to export the daliy (new) figures to Excel to the desktop. One of the queries is for pulling all the information for a Credit Manager (CM). I then need to link this data to a summary spreadsheet. So each day I want to go to my database, pick the CM's data, export and replace the old info with the new, and keep the links I have created when I exported the first one. When I exported the first, I linked it to a number of spreadsheets. Any thoughts? I get an error telling me that It cannot expand the named range. If I rename it then I would have to r...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

How to display mfc control in new look style?
Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls in new look style? Please see below link to know about what i mean by new look style is. http://www.geocities.com/henky_arektc97/question/ I want to make my controls in dialog shown as Picture 2, not as Picture 1 (look at the button). Are there lack of some defines or codes or something else, because when I create new project again, the dialog will be displayed as I want in Picture 2. I use MFC 9 (vs2008). Thank you for any help! "Saitama" <Saitama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Formatting
I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with the size. Any input? Patty wrote: > I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. > Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the > entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with > the size. Any input? Publisher doesn't resize the contents o...

Printer driver keeping printed stuff from teh day before to reprint at random
We just moved our shipping operations onto a windows 7(64) platform. This include a USB Eltron 2844 label printer for our UPS operations. Our mainstay application is browser based, and prints UPS labels to this printer by downloading a .EPL file, which is then copied to the printer with a simple batch file. Attempting to print a single label results in printing two to seven DIFFERENT labels, all valid labels, originally printed within the last 24 hours or so, along with AT THE END OF THE PRINTING, the one label we wanted. After trying in vain to determine what was wrong with ...

Stem-and-leaf display\Excel 2000
Create a stem-and-leaf display using Excel 2000, using either character or numeric data. Any help or information is appreciated. Thank you. This Google search yields 46,500 results http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&as_qdr=all&q=excel+chart+stem+leaf&btnG=Search -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fjm" <fjm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336E0EC1-A433-4112-A268-A30BFA44CFC6@microsoft.com... > Create a stem-and-leaf display using Excel 2000, using either character or > numeric data. Any...

Customer (Pole) Display
Hi, I'm having a problem where Pole Display's on one customer site are dying one by one. At first it starts flickering, then within a few days it dies completely. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Thanks. This may be an OPOS driver mismatch or wrong Baud Rate issue. Which PD model and OPOS driver are you using? Try to change the baud rate to others value first. "trcboy" <trcboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30ECE7B-0AF4-4497-873D-D9900D5F6B4F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm having a problem where Pole Display's ...

Import/Export addresses
I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:v-idnQYiANC_CFLZnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@comcast.com... >I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook >express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks > In Outlook, export Contacts as csv file. In Outlook Express, Import-Other address book-Text file csv. HTH ...

Conditional Format #20
I see that I can only use 3 conditional formats. I need a few more than 3 is there any way to do this. Kevin Try this free add-in on Bob Phillips' website: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html Another possibility (albeit limited) is to combine your conditional formats with custom formatting. See J.E. McGimpsey's site for an example: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I see that I can only use 3 conditional formats. I need a few more than 3 is >there any way to do this. > >Kev...

Displaying images as a result of an 'if' statement
Is it possible to write an if statement to display a picture if a cel contains a certain value? Ive got if statements nailed, its not problem with that i have, just the returning of an image, rather tha text ar a hyperlink. Eg, "if cell A1="stadium", to show a picture of a stadium in cell C1" Thanks in advance for any hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not possible with formulas -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is it possible to write an if statement to display a picture if a cell > contains a certain value? Ive got if statemen...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

Formatting multiple object types in output from a function?
I'm stumped on this one, and have searched and searched for a solution or how-to with no luck. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have a function that may or may not return objects of multiple types. I've setup the type and formatting information for each of the individual types in format.ps1xml files, and when only 1 type is returned by the function the formatting works as I would expect. However, if two or more types are returned by the function, only the formatting for the first object type is applied and then the other types are displayed however PoSH deems ap...

keeping calendar and folders in navigation bar
ol03. i have navigation bar open. i click on calendar button (small icons) at bottom and calendar opens showing several months. i then click on 'folder list' icon, and folders show on navigation bar with current month still at top. that is perfect. except if i click on one of the folders, the month disappears and folders take up the whole nav. bar. isn't there a way to keep calendar and folders open at same time? ...

keeping footer from resizing when using the fit to page function
How do I keep the footer from shrinking in excel when i use the "fit to page" option for my worksheets. I'd like it to stay the same size no matter what the font of the worksheet is. ...

XML by J#
Can J# compiler generate XML file as C# compiler does. Thanks Raza wrote: > Can J# compiler generate XML file as C# compiler does. Sure, although I have no idea what do you mean saying "generate XML". -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com "Raza" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072b01c4a07c$13e96bf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can J# compiler generate XML file as C# compiler does. Raza, The J# compiler doesn't provide a command-line option like /doc on the C# compiler (that generates XML documentation for .cs sou...

XML Attributes in a dataset
How does one extract the attribute value from a dataset that has an XML file, such as the one in the bottom of this message, loaded into it? I need to use a dataset and the XMl file has to remain as is. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Groups> <Group Name="Information Technology" ID="IT" Description="Information Technology" /> <Group Name="Finance" ID="Fin" Description="Finance Group"></Group> <Group Name="Hyperion" ID="Hyp" Description="Indiv...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...

Conditional formatting / blank cells
Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format. This is my worksheet. Row 4 A B C D E F G H I $200 $210 I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal to F4 the fill colour is green. If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white. I've tried numerous combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work. Thanks torkattack. Test for the blank first. -- David Biddulph "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...