how to insert day of the week

I use win xp home edition, sp2, excel 2003

Can someone tell me how I can insert day of the week next to my date,
example May 18, 2006 Thurs

0
snoma (1)
5/18/2006 12:07:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sachi Noma wrote:
> I use win xp home edition, sp2, excel 2003
>
> Can someone tell me how I can insert day of the week next to my date,
> example May 18, 2006 Thurs

TEXT(NOW(),"ddd")

You can apply a custom format and have the date/day in the same cell:

format|Cells|number tab|custom category:

mmm dd, yyyy ddd
for 3 character day

mmm dd, yyyy dddd
for the complete spelling of the day

Or with the date in A1, you could use an additional cell:
=a1
and format as ddd or dddd

or
=text(a1,"ddd")
=text(a1,"dddd")

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Sachi Noma" wrote:

> I use win xp home edition, sp2, excel 2003
>
> Can someone tell me how I can insert day of the week next to my date,
> example May 18, 2006 Thurs

0
GarysStudent (1572)

Outlook Corrupting once every 15 days
I have a user with Outlook 2007 that has a PST with 12 GB. This PST is corrupt once every 15 days. Also i repair the pst file with scanpst and it back to normal, but a week or two later the problem is back! To solve the problem the scanpst takes 4:40h! I have noticed that the PST of Outlook 2007 can work to a maximum of 20GB. This user have a Local PST With Windows XP SP3, Office 2007 Enterprise and Kaspersky Internet security. At the log I can find hundred of informations like: "??BBT entry (27ACC) has different refcount in RBT (6 vs 4) ??BBT entry (28F4C) has differ...

Average Days to Pay 08-04-10
I would like to know if anyone else is having problems with their Average Days to Pay field in Customer Credit Summary GP 10.0? We have a large number of active customers that have a zero for their life to date calculation and this has not changed for a while. We also have customers where the ADTP numbers are just clearly wrong. If we are going to have to recalculate the ADTP for each customer, is there a sql script or process that we can go through other than manually calculating these numbers? Thanks, Shaun ...

Inserting a worksheet from external workbook
Is it possible to insert a worksheet from an external workbook into my current workbook? This needs to end up as a regular sheet, not an embedded object. Thanks If you want to copy the sheet, first make a copy in the original workbook, then, on the copy, do a Replace All - replace all instances of = with some unlikely string such as #### . Then copy the sheet to your new workbook, rename it, then reverse the Replace All - replace all instances of #### with = - this ensures Excel doesn't try to reference the original workbook in your formulas. HTH Dan "Hall" <hall...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I cannot insert rows or columns. It says something like can't shift data off of page. Any ideas? On 7/8/08 10:47 PM, in article 59b539bd.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com" <Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I > cannot...

Can't see pictures inserted in publisher
I recently started using Office 2003 and have a problem when inserting picture files. They do not show up, I can only see the "grab handles". I have tried changing the order of the picture as well as text wrapping options but still can't see it. Changing the view options doesn't work either. This also happens in Word. Does anyone know how to change this? Newcandee <Newcandee@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I recently started using Office 2003 and have a problem when inserting > picture files. They do not show up, I can onl...

how to insert bar in margins to id. changes made to existing doc.
I just need to know how to insert a vertical bar in the margins to identify a change that has been made to an exisiting document. Thanks You don't mention what version of Word you are using (always useful) but for Word 2003 and prior, Tools, Options, Track Changes, Changed Lines, change to Outside Border. In 2007 look in the Word Options under the Microsoft Office button Hope this helps DeanH "cmoulton" wrote: > I just need to know how to insert a vertical bar in the margins to identify a > change that has been made to an exisiting document. >...

I need to get week start and week end dates to change automatically
I'm trying to get the week start and week end dates to chang automatically on a time sheet that I am working on. Anybody have formula? Joh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com John, =INT(NOW()+2-WEEKDAY(NOW())) will return Monday's date, and =INT(NOW()+6-WEEKDAY(NOW())) will return Friday's date. Format as dates. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jlyons360 >" <<jlyons360.192pxt@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jlyons360.192pxt@excelforum-nospam.com... > I'm trying to get the week start and week end dates to change > automa...

I inserted a new title master
I inserted a new title master - (it is the only title master, and there is also a slide master as well). However, no slides use the title master - how do I get a slide to use it - I want to add a title page). -- Marc Are you using PowerPoint 2003? Select the slide you wish to be your title slide. If you created your Title Master then go to Format > Slide Layout. In the Task Pane at the right, hit the drop down menue for the Title Master Slide and select Apply to Selected Slides. Sandy "Marcus Analyst" wrote: > I inserted a new title master - (it is t...

how do I insert rows without changing formula
In a cashflow worksheet how can I add rows without having to re-do all the proceeding formulas. use absolute references e.g. =$A$5 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "tinka" <tinka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ED4569E-0FD6-469B-82B1-F30139B1A280@microsoft.com... > In a cashflow worksheet how can I add rows without having to re-do all the > proceeding formulas. ...

how do I set automatic insert of day and date
Some of my documents will automatically fill in the day, date when I start typing. Others do not. How can I get this to apply to all my documents? I'm using Word in Microsoft 7. I have been copying the formatting from exsisting documents - maybe something gets lost in the copy. Presumably these documents contain a DATE or CREATEDATE field. I wouldn't advise adding this to the Normal template, but you can add it to specific document templates on which you base new documents. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http:/...

schedule 1 hour a day for 5 days
How do I schedule a 1 hour block each day for 5 days. Do i have to enter all seperately, rather than reoccurring? Select daily in recurring. Gail wrote: > How do I schedule a 1 hour block each day for 5 days. Do i have to enter all > seperately, rather than reoccurring? ...

30, 60, 90 days late and due within 14 days
I am working on a spreadsheet that will calculate late suspenses. Basically I have 3 different types of late suspenses and am looking to calculate between 0 and 30 days late, 30 - 60 days late, 60 - 90 days late and over 90 days and each of these time frames for the three categories. Here is what my spread sheet looks like: Name ID TYPE SUSP DAYS OVER DUE UNIT WOOD 6470 N/A 18-Mar-05 (234) A SMITH 7453 UNIT 22-APR-05 (199) B JONES 9741 CO 1-Nov-05 (6) C ...

Inserting filename in Excel worksheet
Hey guys I want to show the filename/path directly in a celle, of course I can show it in the prewiev option, but are there any function to make it appear as a value in a cell. If not: How will a macro that "make the cake" be programmed? Hopefully regards Snoopy http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Snoopy" <blaksnm@jjuc.no> wrote in message news:1186554383.112521.287440@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hey guys > I want to show the filename/path d...

Inserting date calculations

inserting times into cells to make a chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am inserting data into excel to make a chart using time. i have selected the formatting palette and highlighted all the relevant cells and selected &quot;time&quot;. The cells now only record 0.00 no matter what value I put into them. I am trying to get the cell to reflect values like 3 hours and 20 minutes as 3.20, but it just goes back to 0.00 <br> any help will be appreciated thanks Hi Traci: A cell formatted as a "Time" does NOT store "hours and minutes" � it stores a ti...

Applescript

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

Excel file size blows up when inserting pictures.
My company uses Excel 2000. We are required to save certain items as Excel 97/2000 Workbooks I'm curious as to whether or not there is anyway to reduce the size of the file when doing this. I'm inserting pictures, usually 2, and it causes the file to be anywhere from 3 - 6 mb. Is there any way at all the get this done to a more reasonable figure? Hi try different image formats (e.g. JPG, GIF, etc.) Sometimes this helps -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BHarv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BD211687-CCFE-485A-BA7F-04669215A6...

How to Insert clips in Outlook using Clip Art Organizer
My Outlook 2003 "Insert" menu used to have the option of using the Clip Art Organizer program to search for clip art to insert into Outlook. This option has disappeared and I have not been able to find out how to get it back. Any ideas? "Tamara" <Tamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CADF265E-7DBB-46EB-8077-CA78137FE4C3@microsoft.com... > My Outlook 2003 "Insert" menu used to have the option of using the Clip Art > Organizer program to search for clip art to insert into Outlook. This > option > has disappeare...

forcast for a 52 weekly calander
i want a template calander for excel so i know what exact budget is going out each week over a 52 week period This one is pretty good: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC062062791033.aspx -- Gary''s Student "steve" wrote: > i want a template calander for excel so i know what exact budget is going out > each week over a 52 week period ...

*.zip files not showing up in Insert File dialog box
Hello all, My boss is trying to attach a ZIP file to an email. But when she navigates to the folder with the ZIP files (and she is showing all files *.*), the ZIP files are not showing up in the Insert File dialog box. We can go to the folder in Windows Explorer and we see the ZIP files there. She is using MS Outlook 2003 SP1. I have showed her a work around so she can attach the files (dragging), but I'm curious as to why they are not showing up in the Insert File diag. box. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Conan Kelly I've seen this just once and am told a reboo...

Automatically updating insertion of first and last day of year
I use a drop-down list for choosing between a calendar and fiscal year; if I select "Calendar" in cell A1, what would be a formula for inserting the first day of the year (in cell B1) and last day in the year (in cell B2) that would update each year without having to manually enter the dates 1/1/09 and 12/31/09 in the formula, as shown below: The formula I have now is: (For Cell B1) =IF(A1="Calendar","1/1/2009") -- MZ =IF(A1="Calendar","01/01/" & YEAR(TODAY()),"Value if not Calendar") "MZ" wrote: ...

Inserting mp3 music fails ?
I have Windows XP installed with Microsoft Office 2003. Installed Office 2010 beta 32 bit and it removed Office 2003. Power point 2010 works OK but won't let me insert mp3, wave music files ? OK with midi files ? Does anyone have a fix for this? I have run the repair Office 2010 and it still won't work with mp3 files. What happens when you insert MP3s and WAVs? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeove...

Defaulting History View to All instead of Last 30 Days
CRM 3.0. From Contacts or Accounts, if users want to see History, the Closed Activity Associated View defaults to filter on Last 30 Days. How would I change the Closed Activity Associated View default filter to All? Thanks, Boolean1 On Aug 24, 9:07 pm, "Boolean1" <Boole...@verizon.net> wrote: > CRM 3.0. > > From Contacts or Accounts, if users want to see History, the Closed Activ= ity > Associated View defaults to filter on Last 30 Days. How would I change = the > Closed Activity Associated View default filter to All? > > Thanks, > > Boolean1...

Inserting a jpg in a comment box
I thought I had read that it is possible to insert a .jpg file in a comment box. But, I can't find any info. on how to do so, or to verify if it's even possible. I'm running the excel version that came with my 2003 MS Office basic. Thanks. Insert Comment - Right click comment and select Format Comment Colors and Lines / Color DropDown / Fill effects option / Picture tab / Select Picture / Choose picture and hit Insert -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ----------------------------...