how to insert day of the week

I use win xp home edition, sp2, excel 2003

Can someone tell me how I can insert day of the week next to my date,
example May 18, 2006 Thurs

0
snoma (1)
5/18/2006 12:07:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sachi Noma wrote:
> I use win xp home edition, sp2, excel 2003
>
> Can someone tell me how I can insert day of the week next to my date,
> example May 18, 2006 Thurs

TEXT(NOW(),"ddd")

You can apply a custom format and have the date/day in the same cell:

format|Cells|number tab|custom category:

mmm dd, yyyy ddd
for 3 character day

mmm dd, yyyy dddd
for the complete spelling of the day

Or with the date in A1, you could use an additional cell:
=a1
and format as ddd or dddd

or
=text(a1,"ddd")
=text(a1,"dddd")

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Sachi Noma" wrote:

> I use win xp home edition, sp2, excel 2003
>
> Can someone tell me how I can insert day of the week next to my date,
> example May 18, 2006 Thurs

0
GarysStudent (1572)

Inserting multiple rows #2
Hi, I woould like to insert about 6 rows to the bottom of my spreadsheet. Is there an easier way to do this besides inserting one at a time. Thanks. If you want to insert 6 rows between row 10 and 11, say, select the row identifier for row 11 then drag down until 6 rows are highlighted. Then simply Insert | Rows. Hope this helps - you can do the same thing for columns. Pete Select six rows first, then go to insert row. That will insert 6 rows all at once. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "syssupspe" wrote: > Hi, > I woould like to insert about 6 rows to the bottom ...

Calculating the days in a month
I have a Control which is a Date field named 'NEWTOPD'. Based on the date entered in the field it calculates the days offor the whole month making amends for Leap-year as well. If I want only the number of days in that month starting from the date entered in 'NEWTOPD' - to be entered in a calculated text field (which is a number field) named 'Text361' how should I modify the following code? Text361 stores the data in (PDDAYS). 'UPDATE (PDDAYS) BASED ON NEWTOPD DATE Dim iMon As Integer Dim sDate As String ...

Insert Picture #3
I have never used excel before. I need to make a form with a box. When you click on the box it should ask if you want to add a picture to the box. It should also format the picture so that it is the same size as the box. Can this be done in excel or do I have to use another application for this? I really need to find the answer to my question so please post a response if you have any idea of how this can be done. What type of form? A userform or? What will you do with the picture when it is inserted? What you are wanting to do and why is unclear. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 2...

I cant see pictures inserted into word/publisher #2
On reopening saved files I can't see pictures inserted into Word or Publisher. ...

A Bug & A Solution: Date field imported correctly into SQL, displays as one day short in GUI
There seems to be a date related bug in CRM. If I import data from an XL spreadsheet through the SQL server where I have a Date field (no time, date only), it gets imported into the SQL server as the correct Date, and with the Time showing up as 00:00:000. So my data is okay in the SQL server. However, the CRM GUI displays it as the previous date! , one day short of what I input. This error can be sidestepped by importing the dates as date+time and with any time equal to or greater than 00:00:01. I'm not sure but couldn't this just be associated with that time zone the crm user is...

Messages older than a week missing in my Inbox
I'm very, very new to using MSOutlook. I've been receiving messages and now messages older than "last week" are missing? I didn't archive them, I didn't delete them. They are just missing, Unfortunately, these are very, very important messages. Where are they? How can I find them? What do I do? -- Scott Check your "View" Settings to ensure it is not set to "Last Seven Days." How to do this may depend on your OUtlook version which you did not mention. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the ...

Date formula that will return proper pay day
I need to set up a schedule that would list bi-monthly paydays based on the 15th and last workday of the month. When a pay day falls on a weekend or holiday it must change to the last workday prior to the 15th or the last workday of the month. Is there a simple formula I can use to list what those paydays would be? My formula goes on and on and I know there must be an easier way. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:56:02 -0800, JJ in LA <JJinLA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to set up a schedule that would list bi-monthly paydays based on the >15th and last work...

How do I eliminate day between two dates i.e. fortnightly
I have a spreadsheet which I record fortnightly data in. When I create a chart, the chart is picking up the days in between the fortnight dates and messing up my graph. I only want to show the actual dates ie the each fortnight in my chart Hi, Sounds like you need categorical axes rather than time series. Right click chart and from the popup menu chose Chart Options. On the Axes tab set the X axis to being Category rather than Automatic. Cheers Andy Frustrated Charter wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which I record fortnightly data in. When I create a > chart, the chart is picki...

conditional formatting and insert cell
hello everybody i use excel 2003 and i have this problem : col A col B 1 2 2 2 3 3 and a conditional formatting like if col B = col A then cell col b is red in my exemple the cell B2 is red. if i insert a cell in B2 and i have now this : col A col B 1 2 2 3 2 3 i have the cell B3 in red and nothing in B2 and in office 2000 the contionnal formatting are in the new cell and the old cell change is formatting to A3 and not A2 could you help me? thanks in advance Not really sure but h...

Inserting absolutes
Is there a one or two button punch method of adding/removing absolutes ($) to all cell references in a lengthy formulas? Hi Alex hit F4 to toggle between the different options Frank Alex wrote: > Is there a one or two button punch method of adding/removing > absolutes ($) to all cell references in a lengthy formulas? select the cell with the formula (F5 and type in the address), press F2, press Shift and Home to highlight the formula, press F4, for every press of F4 you can see the difference, first is absolute all addresses, second is absolute rows, third absolute columns and four...

how to insert file as link in Outlook 2002?
I know this is possible in Outlook 2000. Any ideas how to do this in Outlook 2002? ...

Inserting graphics on excel chart is not visible
Got a chart that I inserted graphics on but when doing a print preview, it does not show nor does it print when using excel ver 2003. Home network it to my win7 machine office 2007 and it shows as expected. Tried the options of selecting the graphic and bringing it to front etc. does not work in excel 03. (I have to send it to 2003 users) What am I missing?? TIA ...

how to convert 12/10/1970 to years/months/days
can any one help me to covert 12/10/1970 to years/months/days Hi With date in A1 =Year(A1) =Month(A1) =Day(A1) -- Regards Roger Govier "doctor who golf" <doctorwhogolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C009ACE-2631-4770-9CCE-20308E198D58@microsoft.com... > can any one help me to covert 12/10/1970 to years/months/days Maybe you mean =DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"Y")&" years, "&DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"YM")&" months, "&DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"MD")&" days" -- HTH Bob Phillips (replac...

can't insert a space at the beginning of a line of text
Publisher 2002 I'm so totally frustrated. I have a text frame filled with text and a numbered list also. I can add text to the begining of a line of text but if I try to add a space (pressing spacebar) nothing happens. I messed with turning various options on and off and I still can't create a space. When all else fails, try Ctrl+Alt+M or Ctrl+Alt+N, depending on how wide a space you desire. Mike mange wrote: > Publisher 2002 > I'm so totally frustrated. I have a text frame filled with text and a > numbered list also. I can add text to the begining of a line o...

Counting work days
This wI want to count the number of work days between two dates. Do I have to rewrite the formula for each row or can I tell it to compare the date in column a to the date in column b and count the workdays and exclude holidays. The worksheet has over 1,000 rows. Example: 1/4/05 1/4/05 1/5/05 1/11/05 2/6/05 3/15/05 "Hausma" <Hausma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC75C101-63D0-45F5-A009-56067683EBBA@microsoft.com... > This wI want to count the number of work days between two dates. Do I have > to rewrite the formula for each ro...

Formatting for 15th and last day of the month
Hello, I need to create a worksheet that reflects exact payroll dates for every month of 2006 and 2007. Payroll is on the 15th and last day of every month. Obviously I can do this manually, but was wondering if there was a way to create the dates automatically. So, for example, create a formula that would automate dates as such, taking into consideration the above-mentioned parameters: 12/15/2005 12/31/2006 1/15/2006 1/31/2006 2/15/2006 2/28/2006 etc. Thank you. Put your starting date in A1, then in A2 add =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,IF(DAY(A1)=15...

Insert into ..... Select statements.
I am trying to run the following sql in MSAccess 2003, however, I get an error 'Runtime error 3075' Syntax error (comma) in query expression '( Asset_Info.AssetID , 'SYSADDEQ' , 'SYSTEM' , 'SYSTEM' , #03/03/2008 12:4200#) ' mySQL = "INSERT INTO wf_history (permanent_id, wf_use, input_by, sponsor, act_date) " mySQL = mySQL + " SELECT( Asset_Info.AssetID , 'SYSADDEQ' , 'SYSTEM' , 'SYSTEM' , " & Format(actDate, "\#mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss\#") & " )" mySQL = mySQL + " FROM Asse...

cell reference changing when row inserted
I have formulas on a 2nd worksheet referencing cells on the original (HVAC). (i.e. =CONCATENATE(HVAC!$B$6,HVAC!$H$6)). These results are then automatically summaried and graphed on an additional sheet. When a user inserts a new row into middle of the HVAC sheet (which is sometimes necessary), the cell reference on the summary page changes (shifts down one number) so the new row is not counted =CONCATENATE(HVAC!$B$7,HVAC!$H$7). Can I prevent this from happening? I would greatly appreciate any help on this one. Hi try =INDIRECT("HVAC!$B$6") & INDIRECT("HVAC!$H$6")...

Calendar reminders five days off (late)??
Using Outlook 2k3 on XP/Pro SP2 boxes as front end to Exchange 2k3 server in enterprise setting... OK, this is odd. On a single machine in the domain, all calendar reminders are popping up five days late! System dates on local workstation and servers are all correct. In fact, if we change the system date to two days ahead, for example, the reminder then pops up three days late! Anyone ever seen this oddity??? Suggestions (aside from an Outlook re-installed; will try that later)? Thanks! Jack ...

Outlook: Inserted text screenshot is out of focus
Outlook 201 (Version 14.0.4536.1000 32-Bit / Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit): I made a text screenshot with sharply bounded letters which I copied to the clipboard. With insert (Ctrl + V) into a new e-mail it appears out of focus. All information tells me that it's inserted in 100% size. But it seems to be up to 1% down or up scaled, so I always have to "reset" the size. Then it is OK. The e-mail itself is shown in 100% as well. Is there any solution for that issue or is it a known Beta bug? Thanks Lilli Contacts appreciated to: ms@teschemacher.net -------------...

earn extra money and get paid weekly
Earn and get weekly .Minimum payout is Rs.50 only. Just follow 5 steps and start earnings To start earnings click here- http://All4Webs.com/2/m/wassu2007/home.htm ...

4 day work week
Suggestions on how to setup the work week to be 4 days? -- AJ AJ, We're going to need a wee bit more information... Set it up where? On a report, on a form... or maybe on a calendar control? Which four days? Mon-Thu or maybe Tue-Fri? Do you need to do calculations? Will there be overtime? Are you worried about the hours at all? Well, you get the idea... -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "AJ" <...

Inserting comment depending on the Conditional formatting
Hi Is it possible to insert comment depending on the conditiona formatting.I mean if the color of the cell is blue the comment shown i " A " & if the color of the cell is green the comment shown is " B " similarly if the color of the cell is black the comment shown is " C . ( The color names which i had writted here r examples i dont know th real names of the colors which i have given in my spreadsheet) -- Little Maste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?acti...

Photograph Inserted from File Problem
Running Excel 2000 - When I insert a jpeg or bmp photo into a sheet and then try to save th file, I get "Document Not Saved". Probably been asked and answered a thousand times, but what's going o & how do I fix it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel "IF,THEN, INSERT ROW"
IS it possible to scan a list and if criteria is met insert a row that contains a simple summation? Ex: Our company runs a manhour report and once converted to excel it will not give daily totals of manhours just a long list. There will be numerous individuals for one day and then it starts over for the next day but they are not seperated. Can I Search the date and insert the "summation row" at the end of the day. Manually this takes for ever. Please help... Thanx, Nick Hi If you sort them by date you could use Data / Subtotals instead. Another option is to use a pivot...