How to hide the Group Box lines around options buttons??

I'm working on my first Excel form and need to create option buttons
with Excel's forms toolbar. After making several sets of Group Boxes,
I can't figure out how to remove the Group Box frame surrounding the
option buttons. I know it's something very simple but would appreciate
your help.

Thanks,
Charlie
charlie6067
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can hide the groupboxes in code--I don't think that there's any other way.

Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
type this and hit enter.

activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false

If you only want to hide a single groupbox, you can use something like:

activesheet.groupboxes("group box 1").visible = false

--

Dave Peterson
0
On Dec 13, 12:06 pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> You can hide the groupboxes in code--I don't think that there's any other way.
>
> Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
> hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
> type this and hit enter.
>
> activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false
>
> If you only want to hide a single groupbox, you can use something like:
>
> activesheet.groupboxes("group box 1").visible = false
>
> charlie6067 wrote:
>
> > I'm working on my first Excel form and need to create option buttons
> > with Excel's forms toolbar. After making several sets of Group Boxes,
> > I can't figure out how to remove the Group Box frame surrounding the
> > option buttons. I know it's something very simple but would appreciate
> > your help.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Charlie
> > charlie6067
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Hi Dave - When I reopened the Excel template, the code was missing in
the immediate window. Any ideas? I know I saved it.

Thanks for your help,
Charlie
charlie6067
On Dec 13, 3:11 pm, charlie6067 <charlie6...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 12:06 pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
>

> > You can hide the groupboxes in code--I don't think that there's any other way.
>
> > Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
> > hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
> > type this and hit enter.
>
> > activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false
>
> > If you only want to hide a single groupbox, you can use something like:
>
> > activesheet.groupboxes("group box 1").visible = false
>
> > charlie6067 wrote:
>
> > > I'm working on my first Excel form and need to create option buttons
> > > with Excel's forms toolbar. After making several sets of Group Boxes,
> > > I can't figure out how to remove the Group Box frame surrounding the
> > > option buttons. I know it's something very simple but would appreciate
> > > your help.
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Charlie
> > > charlie6067
>
> > --
>
> > Dave Peterson
>
> Hi Dave - When I reopened the Excel template, the code was missing in
> the immediate window. Any ideas? I know I saved it.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Charlie
> charlie6067- Hide quoted text -

Dave - I had removed the Enter keystroke by mistake. Added it back in
and it worked fine. Thank you. I really learned something new today.

Charlie
charlie6067
On Dec 13, 3:13 pm, charlie6067 <charlie6...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 3:11 pm, charlie6067 <charlie6...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 13, 12:06 pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
>
> > > You can hide the groupboxes in code--I don't think that there's any other way.
>
> > > Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
> > > hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
> > > type this and hit enter.
>
> > > activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false
>
> > > If you only want to hide a single groupbox, you can use something like:
>
> > > activesheet.groupboxes("group box 1").visible = false

> > > --
>
> > > Dave Peterson
>
> > Hi Dave - When I reopened the Excel template, the code was missing in
> > the immediate window. Any ideas? I know I saved it.
>
> > Thanks for your help,
> > Charlie
> > charlie6067- Hide quoted text -

> Dave - I had removed the Enter keystroke by mistake. Added it back in
> and it worked fine. Thank you. I really learned something new today.
>
> Charlie
> charlie6067- Hide quoted text -

Regarding my last e-mail, everything's working great now. I had made
the Group boxes too narrow and that was not allowing the option
buttons to remain exclusive. After enlarging the Group boxes,
everything works as expected. Many thanks for your help today. I
learned something new which is always a good thing in IT to keep your
job.

Charlie
charlie6067
Glad you got it working.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Your suggestion on the group box (hiding the lines) helped me also!

Can you tell me ... is there a way in VBE to change the font size ----
I want to make the font larger.

Thank you!!!
Chris.
Change the font size of what?

--

Dave Peterson
0
On Jan 23, 1:36=A0pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
Change the font size of the text that shows up in the box ... the
actual size of the words listed next to the button. The font type and
size buttons are greyed out when entering the name of the button.

Thanks,
Chris.

> Change the font size of what? >

> > Hi Dave,
>
> > Your suggestion on the group box (hiding the lines) helped me also!
>
> > Can you tell me ... is there a way in VBE to change the font size ----
> > I want to make the font larger.
>
> > Thank you!!!
> > Chris.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

The caption for the optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar can't be resized.

But you could use the optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar and change
the font (and size) in the properties window for each optionbutton.

But these are not grouped the same way.

Each set of optionbuttons in a group has a common groupname property.  Different
groupnames mean different groups.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I tried this earlier today and it worked perfectly.  I decided I
wanted the group boxes back on so I typed in
activesheet.groupboxes.visible = true - saved that and then opened it
later and just deleted it out.

Now I dont seem to be able to hide them again.  I have followed the
instructions and entered

activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false

I get a runtime error 1004 Unable to set Visiable property of groupbox
class.

Do you know what might be the problem?
Thanks!
Tim
0
tybaltcap (1)
3/19/2008 11:48:00 PM
Are you sure that the activesheet had any groupboxes in it?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Update prices of options
When I "UPDATE PRICES ONLINE" the prices on options do not update. I have checked the symbols with my latest brokerage statements. I am using AOL as an ISP. In microsoft.public.money, JJL wrote: >When I "UPDATE PRICES ONLINE" the prices on options do not >update. I have checked the symbols with my latest >brokerage statements. I am using AOL as an ISP. The symbols have to be entered with a leading period. So instead of entering MSQJF, you would enter .MSQJF as the symbol. This can result in a discrepancy when downloading statements. You just have to decide w...

Hiding Rows Conditionally
Is it possible to hide a row only if a certain cell in the row contains a reference to another cell that has a specific value? Here's the scenario: Column A of a Summary sheet contains a list of 20 categories. Each category row contains references to data on another worksheet. Often, there is no data for a specific category, so the Summary sheet displays the category with zeroes or various errors depending on the formulas referencing the data. I would like to hide the entire row if the referenced data cell contains a certain value, for instance "0". Can it be done? Thanks for a...

hp920c printer prints only the top half of any most lines of text

name box reseting
does anybody know how to reset the indexing sequence for inserte pictures in the name box on the top left next to the formula bar -- lrod184 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lrod1843's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2434 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37945 If I close and reopen the workbook, the sequencing seems to start over. But maybe just renaming the pictures (to something significant) would be better. Select the picture and type the name in the namebox. (Remembe...

How to insert a "Target" line into basic bar chart
Am looking for some info on how to insert a "Target" line into a bar chart. I have a basic chart and would like to put on top of the data a line from left to right which is the target, the bar data would indicate whether this was acheived or not. Am running office 2007. Any help appreciated. thanks From Jon Peltier's site Add a Horizontal Line to a Column or Line Chart: Error Bar Method. Double click on the resulting error bar, and on the Patterns tab, select a color and line style for the horizontal line. Here I've chosen a solid red line. ... peltiertech.com/Excel/C...

How to exercise stock option for cash purchase but not sell?
I have exercised my option to buy ISO stock options for cash. How do I enter this into Money 2005 Premium? For my grant I only see options to "Grant", "Vest", "Exercise & Sell", but no type that will allow me to just purchase but not sell. Is this possible? Or do I need to exercise and sell at the option price, and then buy regular stock at the option price? Pieter ...

Query Related to Dialog Box having CListCtrl on it.
Hello All, I have a dialog based application having a CListCtrl on it. I have also implemented OnCustonDraw to color few items in that list control. I also have a button on the dialog box which when clicked opens a new dialog (for adding data to CListCtrl on main dialog box). When I move this 2nd dialog box the (the newly opened dialog for adding new item to a list) the background (or parent dialog to be precise) dialog gets messed up....! :( i mean it doesn't repaints the invalidated region.... :(( What am I suppose to do ???? please reply asap as its very urgent.....! Thanks in adva...

OWA on a separate box
I am running exchange 2003 and OWA on the same system. I would like to run OWA on a separate server and place that server on the DMZ. I don't see an easy way of installing Outlook Web Access onto another server. Any Ideas? "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running exchange 2003 and OWA on the same system. I would like to run OWA on a separate server >and place that server on the DMZ. I don't see an easy way of installing Outlook Web Access onto another server. Any Ideas? Do not put a server in the DMZ. By all means get an ISA serv...

Exmerge options with Recovery Storage Group
I recoverd mailboxes into a Recovery Storage Group. I want to exmerge into a pst rather then the users mailbox. when I run Exmerge from outside the recovery storage group on one of its mailboxes, I get an error in exmerge when getting a list of mailboxes from the recovery group and it says to look in the exmerge.log. that says "it cannot identify the user with the msExchmailboxGuid" and then gives the GUID number. Is this caused by the users mailbox being in the recovery group. Can the exmerge only work with the built in version and going to the users live mailbox? Thanks in advance...

List box with multi-select?
hi I'm a .Net programmer who all of the sudden needs to do a litte work in Access 2003. It's quite straight forward, except for one thing: how do I do a ListBox with multi-select functionality? Is it possible at all in Access? thx In the properties of the list box, on the Other tab, set the Multi Select property to either Simple or Extended. "mAbZ" <mabz@comhem.se> wrote in message news:%23EUhan6zHHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > hi > > I'm a .Net programmer who all of the sudden needs to do a litte work in > Access 2003. > It's quite st...

Form Grouping
Qt based on Access 2007 I cannot seem to find a way to UN-GROUP text boxes on Forms created with the Form Wizard Any help would be appreciated On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 16:12:01 -0800, zyzzyva <zyzzyva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Select the controls, then click Remove on the Arrange ribbon. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Qt based on Access 2007 > >I cannot seem to find a way to UN-GROUP text boxes on Forms created with the >Form Wizard > >Any help would be appreciated ...

Using a combo box in an Excel form
I'm experienced with Excel & VBA, but new to using Excel to create a form. I would like to simply use a cell as a drop down. Not knowing if that is possible, I have added a combo box to the spreasheet, but I am unclear how the data entered/selected in the drop down will be stored. Is it stored as a VB variable associated with the control or do I link the control to a cell to store the data? To define the values in the drop down/combo box, do I have to use cell references or can I write in the values in the properties (writing them in hasn't worked for me)? Finally, what ...

Sending email to a group
How can I send the same email to a group of people? In my previous email provider, I was able to send email up to 100 contacts at one time. I tried sending an email to 15 and was denied. Who is your 'current' e-mail provider? You have to ask them. WLMail doesn't set the limit. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20A0CEA1-78D9-4414-ACAC-8456419986E8@microsoft.com... > > How can I send the same email to a group of people? In my previous email ...

how to make a scrollable group of columns/rox in middle of sheet
hey there I was wondering how to make a list of col/row scrollable (either horizontal or vertical) while leaving reast of cells still ? I have seen it done but it is very confusing ... ? thanks Windows>freeze panes or windows>split depending on what you mean Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Simo Sentissi" wrote: > hey there > > I was wondering how to make a list of col/row scrollable (either horizontal > or vertical) while leaving reast of cells still ? > I have seen it done but it is very confusing ... ? > > thanks > > > ...

Filter form with 2 combo boxes error
Hi everyone, I have a little problem filtering two fields in a continuous form :( Private Sub filtro_Click() Dim ftrcand As String Dim ftrseccao As String ftrcand = "[desig_candidatura_a] = '" & Me!cand_a & "'" ftrseccao = "[gt design] = '" & Me!gt & "'" If ((Not IsNull(Me.cand_a)) And (((Not IsNull(Me.gt)) ))) Then Me.Filter = "[desig_candidatura_a] = '" & Me!cand_a & "'" and "[gt design] = '" & Me!gt & "'" Me.FilterOn = True End If Bo...

Groups dying
Seems that since Microsoft dropped the groups, postings are very slim. Real shame, able to fix a lot of problems over the last 14-15 years, because of the knowledge I picked up in newsgroups. ...

Help: How to make the line changes default
I am using 2010 beta. How do I made my line changes the default for a style? I want to use a thick red line to underline passages and keep it that way always. Thanks, s Don't have the beta here right now but I think you can set the line and then right click > set line default -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "sam" wrote: > I am using 2010 beta. How do I made my line changes the default > for a style? I want to use a thick red line t...

How to Show/Hide Columns or Rows with no data via VB
Hi, I am need of some advice please. I have a spreedsheet (2007) which I designed as an attendence register. Currently it works well but I want to improve on a few matters. For the main page I have a column with the date, next column day, then the next 40 columns are set for the crew employees. These are broken into 4 groups of 10 for each crew (A,B,C,D, Shift workers), however there is normally only 7 people per crew, the other 3 are blank unless there are extra enployees to that crew. Currently I am hiding and showing manually, but I want to be able to do something via ...

Box 52 Pension Adjustment
In Candian Payroll, our pension plan requires employee and employer contribution totals to appear in Box 52 on the T4. We also have employees who contribute an additional voluntary amount. This also gets added to box 52, or it should. It did in 2007 but not in 2008. I put in an incident, and they came back with the set up for the 5 paycodes (2 benefit, 3 dedn) for regular pension. We have a dedn code for Additional Pension, and put box 20 and box 52 in the extra box field. But it only went into box 20. Does anyone else have the same setup as this scenario and does it work for you? ...

Jpeg pictures print as solid black boxes.
I have created a catalogue in Publisher with .jpeg pictures inserted from a file, some are okay but most are printing as solid black boxes. The print preview shows them perfectly. On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 03:07:27 +0000, Majick wrote (in article <045C4C06-9DC4-4713-B1C2-3AC4C3D2A348@microsoft.com>): > I have created a catalogue in Publisher with .jpeg pictures inserted from a > file, some are okay but most are printing as solid black boxes. The print > preview shows them perfectly. Nothing whatsoever to do with Publisher. Update your printer driver. Majick wrote: > I h...

Unread Meail box constantly shows there are unread messages
Outlook 2007. My "Unread mail box" indicates there are 2 unread mails - but no mails are listed in the folder. When I receive further mails, the ounct goes up and the new mails ar shown in the folder, but, always, the count of unread mails is two more than are shown. Is there a way of curing this? Gerald Do you perhaps have a filter applied to that view? If you are not bothered about where the count is coming from simply right click the folder and choose Mark All as Read. For the next time; don't multipost but crosspost instead; it will leave the discussion i...

To-> box shows semicolon but no contact email address
When trying to send an email, I click "New", then, to get email address I click "To" which gives me the Select Names box. If I double-click the name I want (or highlight it and click "To") the email address doesn't appear....only a semicolon???? Can anyone help? Did you import these Contacts? If so, how and from what source? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "blakeney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cb901c3be86$d1897ed0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to send an email, I click "New", then, t...

QTY Shipped in Purchasing Line Receipts Table
Does anyone know why the quantity fields in this table have a "currency" storage type in table POP10500? The field type in the SQL table is numeric. I want to do a Smart List showing receipt transactions and the data comes out in currency format in my list. Can this be changed in the database or is there some obscure reason why it's coded this way? If so, where would it be changed? Thanks, Frank Hamelly NOVA Solutions LLC It is a currency field for 2 reasons: 1. It provides QTY's greater than 2.1 billion (limit for long integer). Probably not a real good reason as I&...

How do i get a combo box to enter data in a table from a form?
I want to use a form for data entry. Within that form I have two combo boxes to look up recurring data. When I select an item and expect it to write to another table it does not. What must i do to accomplish this? You'll need to tell us more details about your form's setup and the tables' designs. Your question suggests, though, that you may be storing data redundantly in your database, which usually is unnecessary and may be a source of future data integrity problems. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Joe Owens" <Joe Owens@discussions.microsoft.c...

how to programmatically press a Button in MFC
I have an MFC application that has a dialog that contains a set of buttons and CPropertyPages, which also contain buttons. For some reason, the buttons on the main dialog will "press" when you press the carriage return, but the buttons on the CPropertyPages will not. These CPropertyPages' buttons will react to a SpaceBar press, though. Anyway, I am trying to get the buttons on the CPropertyPages to actually visually press and depress when you press the carriage return on them. I have tried using PreTranslateMessage() to catch the carriage return, and I can do that, but the bu...