How to find Watch window in Office X VB Editor (Mac OS X)

Greetings all,

Apologies if this is a FAQ here but I've searched google for over an 
hour with no result.  I've just updated to a new machine, running Mac OS 
X (Tiger) and installed Office X (after updates, 10.1.6).  I 
have dozens of legacy Excel files with all manner of VB code in them 
from my Excel 5 under Mac OS 8.6 and I'm trying to make them work under 
this new system environment.

One major problem is that I can't figure out how to get out a Watch 
window!!!  I've looked until I'm blue in the face and there is nothing 
in any menu which will bring out a window where I can see variable 
values at runtime.  I can get out the Immediate window, but that doesn't 
help and in any case I'm not interested in typing in the same variable 
multiple times!

The help system is useless (not that I'm surprised).  My web searches 
turn up documents which tell me to click Add Watch from the View menu 
(AFAIR), which doesn't exist.

Please, is there someone out there who's solved this problem on Office X?
-- 
N Sanders, in New Zealand, DownUnder
Please reply to the group, thanks.
0
11/10/2005 7:57:32 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

2 Replies
742 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.mac.office.excel
may get you the best response.

-- 
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy



"N Sanders" <nospam@myplace.nz> wrote in message
news:nospam-144817.20573210112005@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Greetings all,
>
> Apologies if this is a FAQ here but I've searched google for over an
> hour with no result.  I've just updated to a new machine, running Mac OS
> X (Tiger) and installed Office X (after updates, 10.1.6).  I
> have dozens of legacy Excel files with all manner of VB code in them
> from my Excel 5 under Mac OS 8.6 and I'm trying to make them work under
> this new system environment.
>
> One major problem is that I can't figure out how to get out a Watch
> window!!!  I've looked until I'm blue in the face and there is nothing
> in any menu which will bring out a window where I can see variable
> values at runtime.  I can get out the Immediate window, but that doesn't
> help and in any case I'm not interested in typing in the same variable
> multiple times!
>
> The help system is useless (not that I'm surprised).  My web searches
> turn up documents which tell me to click Add Watch from the View menu
> (AFAIR), which doesn't exist.
>
> Please, is there someone out there who's solved this problem on Office X?
> -- 
> N Sanders, in New Zealand, DownUnder
> Please reply to the group, thanks.


0
twogilvy (1078)
11/10/2005 12:21:29 PM
Thanks for the tip :-)


In article <e5uBJFf5FHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
 "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote:

>news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.mac.office.excel
>may get you the best response.
>
>-- 
>Regards,
>Tom Ogilvy
>
>
>
>"N Sanders" <nospam@myplace.nz> wrote in message
>news:nospam-144817.20573210112005@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> Apologies if this is a FAQ here but I've searched google for over an
>> hour with no result.  I've just updated to a new machine, running Mac OS
>> X (Tiger) and installed Office X (after updates, 10.1.6).  I
>> have dozens of legacy Excel files with all manner of VB code in them
>> from my Excel 5 under Mac OS 8.6 and I'm trying to make them work under
>> this new system environment.
>>
>> One major problem is that I can't figure out how to get out a Watch
>> window!!!  I've looked until I'm blue in the face and there is nothing
>> in any menu which will bring out a window where I can see variable
>> values at runtime.  I can get out the Immediate window, but that doesn't
>> help and in any case I'm not interested in typing in the same variable
>> multiple times!
>>
>> The help system is useless (not that I'm surprised).  My web searches
>> turn up documents which tell me to click Add Watch from the View menu
>> (AFAIR), which doesn't exist.
>>
>> Please, is there someone out there who's solved this problem on Office X?
>> -- 
>> N Sanders, in New Zealand, DownUnder
>> Please reply to the group, thanks.
>
>
-- 
N Sanders, in New Zealand, DownUnder
Please reply to the group, thanks.
0
11/10/2005 8:31:46 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook 2003
When I type in a name to address an email, unless I have mailed them already and they appear on the recently used list, I then get a Check Names dialogue box and have to then search for additional names, even though the name is in the Address Book. Not sure why this is happening - I do have the Option to Suggest Names checked? Any ideas? Thanks State the steps you are using more clearly. You are talking about two completely different features here, the first is autocompletion, the second autoresolution. The latter will not prompt you for a search unless you have entered an invali...

I keep getting and error on start of Office x.v
I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac. I also removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i didn't empty my trash. So after I installed the full version i keep getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs. I read on mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked. When i tried to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it says they are in use. Framework ...

hyperlink open in new window
How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_13.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "sharin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2180BE5B-1783-4F9A-A167-D8E3BF34B3CC@microsoft.com... > How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? ...

Ctrl+X messed up
This is driving me nuts! I've put up with it for months and can't find the answer. When I try to use Ctrl+X instead of cutting it automatically grabs the data in the cell and throws it over into a cell a couple of columns away. What in the world is wrong with this thing? James, Maybe not much of a help, but the only thing I can come up with is that somehow a macro is attached to the control+X combination -- Regards, Auk Ales * Please reply to this newsgroup only * * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails * "James Fonda" <jimbo2311@netzero.net> wrote in message...

how to get a fixed window with caption?
hi! which is the best way to get a window (dialog box) with captionbar but no posibility for the user to move the window? thanks philipp Try overriding the WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING message to prevent the move before it happens. >-----Original Message----- >hi! > >which is the best way to get a window (dialog box) with captionbar but no >posibility for the user to move the window? > >thanks philipp > > >. > ...

problems with windows live mail
when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I always a box pop up saying "Internet Security Warning" dialog box "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value." "Do you want to continue using this server?" I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages. Until the email client is close and restarted that is. Then once again on the first access the security certificate message is displayed. How do I get this to w...

OS version 10.2
In a previous post, I was told that Office 98 for MAC will not work on OS 10.2 and was directed toward getting Office 2004. In the system requirements for 2004, it says that it is for users who have 10.2.8 or later. Is OS 10.2 upgradable to 10.2.8 or do I need to go with Office X or 2001 for OS 10.2? Heath Kuszak IT Manager Verdone Landscape Architects, Inc. Heath Kuszak <heath@verdonelandarch.com> wrote: > In a previous post, I was told that Office 98 for MAC will not work on OS > 10.2 and was directed toward getting Office 2004. In the system requirements > for 2004, ...

Spinning Beach Ball
I seem to notice a correlation between seeing the spinning beach ball more often after launching MS Word for OSX. I removed the PDFMaker.Lib and this improved the performance a great deal, but still noticing the SBB more often after launching Word. Anyone know about this? Many Word issues are related to corrupt Word Settings or Normal Template. You could try removing the Word Settings file, then testing. The Normal Template could be renamed, then test. Be sure Word is closed before removing or changing any files. You could also consider running the Remove Office utility and reinstalling Offi...

Can't receive e-mails on windows mail
I have been trying to access e-mails and getting this message.? Any Help would be great. Thanks. I have re-done all the settings as per their website severall times but with no luck. Running Vista. Account: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR not supported 3pf7420781ewy.51', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Follow the instructions in "How to use POP in Virgin Media Mail" at: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?...

Child window styles
Hi there, i'll cut to the chase, i'm trying to change the style of child windows in my application so that they are independant of the windows setting so that my client area containing multiple child windows always has the same look an feel. Can anyone give me any pointers on where to look or start with this ? Regards Matt. Mif wrote: > Hi there, i'll cut to the chase, i'm trying to change the style of > child windows in my application so that they are independant of the > windows setting so that my client area containing multiple child > windows always has the...

Broken x-axis in excel
Hi. I want to create a chart, where my x axis contains values within a range above zero, and to a given value. So far so good. My problem involves that i want the axis itself to show that there is a break from zero to my given value (marked with a Z-like sign), wich excel does not automaticly do. Is this possible to acheive? I have seen charts vith this prefix, but there is no such function, or description of how to do it in the "help register". Thank you. -- ketil This page shows one approach, and links to a couple others: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis....

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

find sum in list of of numbers
Hello, I have a list of numbers in a column and I need to find which numbers when summed together equal a figure. I have a list of invoice amounts that I need to match up with payments (the payments are always made for several invoices so I need to come up with sums of several invoices to get to this payment amount). An example would be I have this in the following section (A1:A10): $17,213.82 $4,563.02 $85,693.42 $1,166.01 $725.90 $580.09 $2,243.75 $240.16 $207.70 $725.90 I need to find which combination of these figures would sum $1,173.76. Thanks in Advance, Dza the troubled ...

How to enlarge tooltip window
Hi, For some reasons I need to use tooltips by this way: *.H CToolTipCtrl tooltip; *.CPP tooltip.Create(this, TTS_ALWAYSTIP); tooltip.AddTool(GetDlgItem(IDC_SOME_CONTROL), IDS_STRING102); tooltip.Activate(TRUE); destructor: if (IsWindow(tooltip.GetSafeHwnd())) { tooltip.DestroyWindow(); } I have problem: I cannot to find way to enlarge tooltip window. In only accepts 80 characters and rest of my text in string table item is cut. I had tried GetToolInfo() nextly SetToolInfo() with adjusted rect parameter, SetMaxTipWidth(), SetMargin()... no success. Does exist way to enlarge...

Window 2003 x64
All, We're in the process of installing great plains and we just received our window 2003 software but it came as x64 instead of the requested x86. I understand that x86 is 32 bit and x64 is 64 bit. What I'm trying to find out is there any benefit to installing 64 bit and are there any limitation or issues with applications such as with SQL Server 2005 and other. Jamal I use x64 server 2003 with x64 Sql05. One of the big advantages is additional ram that x64 can address natively. You will need to get the x64 edition of SQL to run it, though. -- Gigabyte Tech "Jam...

A Lange & Sohne Langematik Watch, Best Wristwatch
A Lange & Sohne Langematik Watch, Best Wristwatch Fashion Watches: http://www.watchess.net/ A Lange & Sohne Watches: http://www.watchess.net/A_Lange_Sohne_Watches.html A Lange & Sohne Langematik Watch: http://www.watchess.net/A_Lange_Sohne_Langematik.html A Lange & Sohne Langematik All Hot Luxury Wristwatch : A Lange & Sohne Langematik Perpetual Mens Watch 310.025 : http://www.watchess.net/A_Lange_Sohne_Langematik_Perpetual_Mens_Watch_310.025.html A Lange & Sohne Langematik Big Date Mens Watch 308.032 : http://www.watchess.net/A_Lange_Sohne_Langematik_Big_Date_Men...

How do I draw with VISIO a False Ceiling 24m) or 24" x 24" (60
How do I draw with VISIO a False Ceiling 24"x48" (60 cm x 120 cm) or 24" x 24" (60cm x 60 cm), lighting devices etc?ThanksGabi Tur ShalomPleas reply to my E-Mail: gabits@013.net.il How about using a different colored layer for the false ceiling? "gabits" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64CE535A-91E5-4395-86B1-427B952359F6@microsoft.com... > How do I draw with VISIO a False Ceiling 24"x48" (60 cm x 120 cm) or 24" x 24" (60cm x 60 cm), lighting devices etc?ThanksGabi Tur ShalomPleas reply to my E-Mail: gabit...

outlook cannot find exchange server
I am trying to configure my client computer with outlook 2002 to the SBServer, and it resolves my name and password, but when it gets to the point where it needs to configure my outlook, it gives an error message that Exchange is not available or it is down for maintenance, can anyone help with this problem? I acn connect to the server for everything else including the internet Thank you What type of authentication do you have set for Outlook? Try using none and see if that works. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After ...

Moving fields on extender windows
Hi! Can someone tell me how I can move the fields on the extender windows? -- Marisol Mortera Because of the way Extender stores data, you cannot move fields like you would using Modifier. You need to go to the Extender windows design and set up another field with the information. Then you will need to move data behind the scenes from the existing field to the new field. Alternatively, you could export the data; delete the data in the window; and import it. "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Can someone tell me how I can move the fields on the extender windows? > -- &...

New computer and office 2007
I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on Microsoft and didn't get any hits on it. Thanks, Lee "Neophyte" <wleecoleman@.nospam.ev1.net> wrote in message news:%237S3ME1KJHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to >activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone >done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on...

Office 2003 "Sent To As Attachment" issue
Hello all ;) One user is experiencing an issue when trying to send for instance an excel sheet using the menu option - "send to as attachment". When this options is selected a new mail windows opens -so far so good. But the user is not able to switch to another Outlook/Office application until this new windows is opened. If the user discards that email or clicks on SAVE and closes it (heh, the message will not be saved in drafts folder as many of us would expect, but in the INBOX!!! folder, huh), then the user is after that able to switch to another application. The i...

Removing VB Code!!!
All, At work because the email exchange blocks spreadsheets with VB macro's in them I need to remove the below code I have in one spreadsheet: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) End Sub I dont know what this does but when I remove it and close VB if I go back into it there it is again! Any ideas? -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Select the sheet that has the code,right it's sheet tab and select view code, select it and delete it, save the workbook -- No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the ...

Outlook for Mac to eliminate the Usenet reader?
The Newsreader in Entourage is limited, but its much better than a web based interface. In recent days MS has decided to abandon Newsgroups as the new Windows 7 does not have any groups, but web boards instead. So my gut feeling is that the new version of Outlook for the Mac will not include a Usenet, especially since Outlook for Windows does not have a Newsgroup reader. Any thoughts? John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defe...

Thumbnail Generation (windows API)
Hi All, Just like in Windows Explorer, create a thumbnail out of MPEG, AVI, Other video formats that can be supported. Take the first frame of the movie and convert it into a thumbnail.. Is there a windows API to generate the Thumbnail using the First frame Thanks ...

New version of Office for Mac.
Dear all: Do any of you know when the new version of Microsoft Office for the Macintosh is scheduled to be released ? An approximate date would be sufficient. Thank you in advance, Joseph Chamberlain Hello Joseph, Microsoft has given no clear indication other than "late 2007", so we are all just speculating here. Those who know when Office 2008 is coming out are not allowed to tell us. Those who tell us, don't know. Personally, I would guess at early 2008 -- but you never know how much effort Microsoft will put in to catch the pre-Christmas market. Cheers, Clive Hugg...