How to find the inerest pay in 3 years

Hi all
I would like to know wich formula to use to calculate the interest pai
in a 3 years loan

Principal             : 16808.10
Interest rate      :2.75%
term                   :3 years

I would like to get the "Cost to borrow" in just one step formula
I can calculate the monthly payment , multiply this for 36 months an
take away the principal, but I think  there might be  a way to do thi
directly.
Thanks a lot for your time and attention at this matte

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use the Analysis Toolpak Addin function CUMIPMT().

In article <3dsets.18s2vh@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 3dsets <<3dsets.18s2vh@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> Hi all
> I would like to know wich formula to use to calculate the interest paid
> in a 3 years loan
>
> Principal             : 16808.10
> Interest rate      :2.75%
> term                   :3 years
>
> I would like to get the "Cost to borrow" in just one step formula
> I can calculate the monthly payment , multiply this for 36 months and
> take away the principal, but I think  there might be  a way to do this
> directly.
> Thanks a lot for your time and attention at this matter
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/2/2004 10:28:28 PM
Hi 3dsets!

I'll assume that your rate of 2.75% is annual nominal compounded
monthly.

Two approaches

(your existing approach)

=PMT(2.75%/12,36,16808.1,0,0)*36+16808.1
Returns: -722.107418390045

Uses PMT to calculate the repayments which are multiplied by the
number of payments to find total repayments. If we add back in the
principal, this gives us the interest element.

=CUMIPMT(2.75%/12,36,16808.1,1,36,0)
Returns: -722.107418389427

Uses the Analysis ToolPak function CUMIPMT to calculate interest from
periods 1 to the final period.

Analysis ToolPak needs to be installed and selected as an Addin for
this to work (failing which, you'll get the return of #NAME?).

This is why we might prefer to use the approach you were using rather
than rely on a formula that requires the Analysis ToolPak addin.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"3dsets >" <<3dsets.18s2vh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I would like to know wich formula to use to calculate the interest
> paid
> in a 3 years loan
>
> Principal             : 16808.10
> Interest rate      :2.75%
> term                   :3 years
>
> I would like to get the "Cost to borrow" in just one step formula
> I can calculate the monthly payment , multiply this for 36 months
> and
> take away the principal, but I think  there might be  a way to do
> this
> directly.
> Thanks a lot for your time and attention at this matter
>

> ---

njharker (1646)

When I use "search" in xp, it cannot find files, even tho there
I have tried to use "search" to find specific words in files or specific words in filenames. But generally, search doesn't work. I end up trying to find the file myself. in all my drives, which sometimes takes awhile. Is there some target file(s) for search that might be incorrect? I really need to be able to use this program. Thanks. On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:42:01 -0800, Susan wrote: > I have tried to use "search" to find specific words in files or specific > words in filenames. But generally, search doesn't work. I end up trying to > ...

Time calculation #3
How can I calculate average time using hundredths of a second? For example: 1:43:23,88 is 1 hour, 43 minutes, 23 seconds and 88 hundredths of a second. If I want to divide this with, say 20, it's not so difficult to do by excluding the hundredths. But how is it done including it? (I want to use it to calculate average lap time running tracks). // Roger (Sorry for my poor english...) Roger, If you haven't done so, format it to include hundredths. Format - Cells - Number - Custom: hh:mm:ss,00 hh:mm:ss,000 -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net --------...

problem and solution for MS CRM 3.0 outlook client
Hello, I installed the CRM 3.0 outlook client, and when I restarted outlook it gave the following error messages: There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." I used network monitor to determine that the server was sending back an 401 unauthorized error to the SOAP request WhoAmI. The solution i...

Use CPalette in CtlColor #3
hi, I want to change the Backgroundcolor in a ComboBox like HBRUSH CNxDbComboBox::CtlColor(CDC* pDC, UINT nCtlColor) { pDC->SetBkColor(RGB(255,174,94)); return blablabla... } ok, so far so good. But on Terminal-Server it won't show me the Color because of limited Colors in the Palette. So how can I use CPalette to solve this. I created a Palette and called pDC->RealizePalette(), but it didn't work out. A problem seems to me, that I need a CPaintDC, but I have a CDC!? Someone has a Idea? Thanks in advance Daniel ...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

Formating in a Report, the highest 3 records
How do i can format the hightes 3 records on an Access Report? Unfortunately the Access doesn't have the Excel have the function "Large"... Can you help me? Look in Access Help for "TOP". HTH -- -Larry- -- "Luis Marques" <Luis Marques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F467B234-EA95-4F79-91B0-EDC12E61FD00@microsoft.com... > How do i can format the hightes 3 records on an Access Report? > > Unfortunately the Access doesn't have the Excel have the function "Large"... > > Can you help me? Try writing your ...

Norton Internet Security 2006 and CRM 3.0 oulook Client
Hiya All, I'm new to the group and this is my first post - so please let me know if I vae inadvertently breached the group's etiquette. I run a Small Business Server 2003 with CRM 3.0 and Exchange - patched to SBS sp1. I have a problem with a rougue Outlook client .. this particular client runs Norton's Internet Security 2006. This box was also recently rebuilt completely with XP SP2. When Norton's is running, http://crm and http://companyweb is unavailable - Explorer window disappears completely. IP address of SBS box is added to nortons as an "Allowed" IP. This i...

Autocomplete #3
When I write in the address of the person that I am sending to Outlook would suggest names, like autocompleting it. I have checked the box that says, suggest names when completing to, cc, ccc, and it still does not work. Does anyone have any suggeestions?? You confused me. You said it autocompletes, then you said it doesn't. What happened in between? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Allison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bb201c3afba$931aa280$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I write in the address of the person that I am > sending to O...

Business Portal 3.0 Extranet+Cisco PIX 5510ASA Firewall
Does anyone have info on what to open and how to open BP3.0 to the internet thru a CISCO PIX 5510ASA Firewall. If so I could use that info. Thanks The Business Portal Installation Guide explains which ports to open to deploy Business Portal in an extranet. The information is not specific to your firewall, but should still apply. Is there some other information that you need? -- Donna Marshall Technical Writer Microsoft Dynamics GP This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "rpotthoff" wrote: > Does anyone have info on what to ...

CRM 3.0: Email to internal users fails; external addresses work fi
I've created a workflow rule that when run will send an email to an internal address (local to the exchange server where the router is installed) and cc and external address (@hotmail.com). No matter how this rule is configured, only the external party will ever receive the email. I'm attempting to use this for internal escalation notification, but can't seem to get any CRM users to receive the email. Any thoughts? If you go to settings - organization settings - system systems then click on the email tracking tab there is an entry called Set whether to exclude e-mails betw...

How do I find all my former posts?
I did a search on "sheana", but don't come up with anything. Please help. Are you using Outlook Express to access the newsgroup or the web interface at the Microsoft site? "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10777CD9-E9B2-4E86-8F59-3A03166F9649@microsoft.com... > I did a search on "sheana", but don't come up with anything. Please help. I am using the online newsgroup, not Outlook Express. "sheana" wrote: > I did a search on "sheana", but don't come up with anything. Ple...

Pie Chart Help #3
I am trying to create a pie chart and having trouble with selecting slices within the chart and grouping them together. I I want it to look like a scattered chart but want to select which pieces will group together. Please help. Thanks. ...

Find and Replace Permissions change on Public Folders
OK, I've been tasked with changing permissions on Hundreds of public folders. We are bringing up a thousand new security groups in a new naming convention, they are going to replace Mail enabled security groups currently assigned to public folders. How can I simplify this process? Is there a tool that performs a function like "subinACL" that will perform a Find/Replace on public folders? pfDavadmin might be able to help you out. It can export permissions and you can modify the permissions file and then import them back. "dnilson@gmail.com" wrote: > OK, I'...

problem with fonts using Word as editor #3
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo Leo Kerner <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote ... > All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check > mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What > is one to do? Since you keep asking, I'll reply with my first reaction to all word-as-email-editor problems: don't use Word as your email editor. It's a simple and 100% effective solution to this and a whole host of ot...

office 2004 update 11.5.1 Macintosh fails to find correct version
I'm running MacOS X 10.5.5 and have not previously had MS update problems. I am running a full legal copy of 2004 version 11.5.0 . When I tell one of the apps to check for updates it finds 11.5.1, and that downloads fine. But when it attempts to install it searches for some time and then says it can not find the correct version of Office to update. I've tried downloading it manually and running the updater by hand but that fails in exactly the same way. Manually running updaters for 11.5.0 or 11.5.2 result in exactly the same error, but 11.5.1 should work (since I'm o...

Trouble Installing CRM - SQL Server
The CRM install gets stuck trying to find the SQL Server. Errors: "Can't find" or "SQL Agent must be on" yet it is on - I can SQL ping the server from the CRM server. The CRM admin has top Forest access to the SQL server. I've recycled the SQL services, rebooted booth CRM and SQL servers. Very misterious. Anybody have any ideas? I had some issues with this. I re-installed SQL server. It seems there is any issue with CRM and SQL if you add active directory to a server after you install SQL. "Darryl" wrote: > The CRM install gets stuck trying to...

Migrating 3 GB Database to SQL Server Express
Here is an interesting situation. We need to migrate a customer from GP 7.5 on Pervasive to GP 9 on SQL Server 2005 Express. They have a number of 1 GB databases. No problem there. However they have an old database of 3.2 GB which has historical information. We need to move them to GP 7.5 on SQL Server 2000 before upgrading to GP 9.0 on SQL Server 2005. The historical database is larger than MSDE's 2 GB database limit. Is it possible to migrate them to SQL Server 2000 Standard, upgrade to version 9 and then copy the databases from SQL Server Standard to SQL Server Express 2005? I ...

Find data in two ranges
Hello, I have a worksheet with in the same row two different ranges: one with nummeric data one with time values. These two ranges works as follow the first nummeric data cooresponds with the first time value, the second nummeric data corresponds with the second time value. For the nummerric data I calculated the best of 3. Now I need the corresponding time value for those best of 3. Thanks for your help with this one. Someone replied to your other post and asked for more detail. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Santafe" <Santafe@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

need help #3
hi there,i need help in a certain matter regarding the Exchange Server 2003,i need to know,how can i make the Exchange server check mails from my ISP, as the email accounts i have reside at the ISP's server. Thank u in advance You need a POP3 Connector such as www.exchangepop3.com or www.popbeamer.com -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Armen" <armen@link.net> wrote in message news:905101c3ea8b$53011740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi there,i need help in a certain matter regarding the > Exchange Server 2003,i need to ...

distribution list #3
Hi, I'am yust new into exchange 2003 , but i've problem with a distrubution list. This list contains 3 users, without an e-mail box. When we send an e-mail to this list, it was dilevered succesfully (track option enabled) But the mail seems to be gone into a black hole. Is it possible to get this email back , from the exchange database ? (Exchange version 2003)Is this mail temporary stored in a kind of distribution mail box ?? Regards, Arjan Not sure what you mean about it containing users "without an e-mail box"? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetraine...

why can't find the vote button set up by outside company?
Dear all I can't find the vote button in outlook from outside company.I have do some tests.Just like update the office system to 2003 and change the word system to english,but nothing with it. But if I set up the vote button in mail.And foward it to my company staff.All of them can find it on the status bar. we can't find out the reson,anyone can help me? the voting button needs RTF format and outlook and exchange server often convert internet bound mail to html. you need to disable the conversion - tools, options, mail format for outlook. the admin needs to do it on exchang...

Set date field year to 2005
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet of dates, EG: '10/09/1983', '03/08/1985'. I need to change these all to be in the year 2005, so '10/09/1983' becomes '10/09/2005'. I assumed it would be a case of just doing a custom format DD MMMM 2005 but this doesn't work. Is there an easy worksheet function to do this or will I need to write a macro? Cheers, Chris If it's a one timer you can use formulas =DATE(2005,MONTH(A1),Day(A1)) will take the date in A1 and change the year to 2005 then you can just copy and paste special as values over the old dates, finally...

Access can not find a table in append query
Hi all, I have a table called MyCustomers. For some reason, when I try to create Append query, it doesnt show on the list of tables. I know the the table is there and I can select it if I want to create a different type of query but not append. What can cause that? TIA, Tom Does your table have a PRIMARY KEY defined? -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table call...

Form Details In CRM 3.0
Hi All, where does the form information is stored in crm 3.0. Also when we create attributes for entities we give a moer meaningful display name, scheam name and description to the attaributes that we add. i serached the meta database for attribute display names but i couldn't find this. can anyone tell me where i can find them?. thanks, Charith The values for a form field are stored in the yourcompanyname_MSCRM SQL Server database. These values are often spread across several tables. The tables are usually named after the entity they store, and those that end with the word "...