how to find numbers that give another number

hi all.
I need to make a macro which look up  a  column of an excel paper and
find the numbers that     once summed give the number in cell b5 for
example!!they could be 2 or 3 ..or 4..and so on!!

0
rossy77 (25)
4/19/2006 4:39:35 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You would need the solver

http://tinyurl.com/4doog

example

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Rossella" <rossy77@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi all.
> I need to make a macro which look up  a  column of an excel paper and
> find the numbers that     once summed give the number in cell b5 for
> example!!they could be 2 or 3 ..or 4..and so on!!

0
Peo

mobile number
to find the list of mobile numbers in kerala ...

in printing a word( 2007) document, the number 2 is missing
Using Microsoft 2007 and printer is HP Laserjet 2200D. On all pages, the number 2 does not print. Does the problem go away if you choose a different font? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "gsw" <gsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C05E0B-CB3C-4667-90A6-306B1D9FA711@microsoft.com... > Using Microsoft 2007 and printer is HP Laserjet 2200D. On all pages, the > number 2 does not print. ...

Finding a string/using adjacent data question
It's a convuluted question that I hope has an easy answer. I'm rather new to Excel formulas, so I've been trying to find stuff about this on the internet but with not much luck. If anyone can help me at all I would greatly appreciate it. I have text strings in column A, A2-A335. I have numerical values that correspond to each text string in columns B-O. What I'm hoping to do is run a search for a given text string in column A and then use the numerical values in D, H, and O for further calculations. I want to be able to type in a name in column Q (for example) and have the f...

App: excel.exe (pid=1612) Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)
Can anyone tell me why or how to correct the error I am consistentl getting (see below) Application exception occurred: App: excel.exe (pid=1612) When: 12/18/2003 @ 08:44:24.656 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) I have rebooted, removed/reinstalled MSOFFICE 2000 and I am stil getting this error. You can see the error that Dr.Watson reported b viewing the attachment. Please email me at JJOHNSON@SALLIEMAE.COM i you can assist. THANKS Attachment filename: application exception occurred.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=38578 -- Messa...

How to Add page numbers to a excel spreadsheet?
-- redhead Page numbers are printed in the header or footer of a worksheet. On the File menu, choose Page Setup. On the Header/Footer tab, use a predefined header or footer from the dropdowns, or design a custom one. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ redhead101863 wrote: ...

Cannot find mfcs42d.pdb for C++ 6.0 on Windows XP at runtime
I'm getting Find Symbols pop-up window while running C++ 6.0 saying "Please enter the path for mfcs42d.pdb". After I specify the file location at VC98\MFC\Lib (1,092 KB from 7/15/2000), I'm getting a note that the file is found but is not the correct one. I didn't have this problem working on Windows NT. Now I'm trying to run the recompiled version of the same code on Windows XP. Service pack 5 is installed. Please advise what to do. Thanks. ...

Can you sort on the number of messages in thread?
Hi all, When you have your mail grouped on a field, is it then possible to sort on the number of messages in a thread. So threads with only 1 message will be on top en threads with more messages will appear lower. Hope this is possible..... All the best (this might be a solution to my previous question in another yet unanswered thread about filtering messages that are replied to) extra info: the version xp (but 2003 options are ok too) Best, Bert As far as I know, that's not an option "plurker" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message news:11ffe8fgqvmbc88@corp.su...

'Define Views...' option not available in Advanced Find screen in Outlook 2000
The 'Define Views...' option in the View menu not available in Advanced Find screen in Outlook 2000. We are looking for a way to set a default view in the advanced find screen or a way to edit the messages view to make it include the To field. We have users that want to see the TO field without having to click View and then the 'Send To' view. I have tried customizing the view but each time I exit it resets the view. I have also modified my 'Messages' view but it was done at the main screen and doesn't seem to phase the one in the advanced find. I also tri...

HR version number not updating after installing SP
Hello, We upgraded Great Plains & Human resources to 8.0 & also installed SP2. After the SP2, The Great Plains version number has properly updated to 8.00g34 but the HR version still says 8.00.7 instead of 8.00.10 on the server & other wrkstations. This was not a problem. The HR modified reports all upgraded fine & all workstations are able to run the modified HR reports except one wrkstn. This one wrkstn. has properly updated the HR version number to 8.00.10. When we try to run an HR report from this wrkstn, it says that the dictionary is not found. The reports need to ...

Find/Found
Can not get Found to respond. Object: Get PersonName in Sheet2, Go to Sheet1, Find PersonName. If Found put PersonName & address into Sheet2 Else put PersonName in Sheet3. Sheet2 has no address. Sheet1 has most, but not all names that are in Sheet2 Tried: Set Found = Nothing Set Found = Cells.Find(PersonName) .. Cells.Find(What:=PersonName..... If Found Nothing Then .. Thanks again for all your help, Gordon Cells.Find("PersonName") -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

How do I get the weeks numbered?
I need to create worksheets for the managers at my job and I need to list the work weeks by numbers. Example April 4 - April 10 was the 15th week of the year, I need to know how to get the numbered week on my calender. Tools-> Options-> Calendar Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "smwhiten" <smwhiten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92478EC4-CB77-4329-B6A8-F2BA1D4034B9@microsoft.com... &g...

Publisher 03 -how to move parts of brochure to a another brochur.
how do I merge panels of info from one pub. brochure to another fcircle wrote: > how do I merge panels of info from one pub. brochure to another Copy paste from one Publication to another. Line the two publications side by side vertically on the page. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Another question regarding Dates..
First, thanks to the replies to my previous post. How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number? Ie Year = 2004 day number = 302 The answer I'm looking for is 28/10/2004 Again, taking into consideration the leap years Thanks again in advance =DATE(2004,1,302) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Anthony Slater" wrote: > First, thanks to the replies to my previous post. > > How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number? > > Ie > > Year = 2004 > day number = 302 > > The answer I'...

To be able to copy the format of the report to another report
Modify two different invoice forms and also two different forms for HISTORICAL invoice printing. A number of modifications have been done and it would be very much helpful if there's a way to copy the format of one to report to another. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

How can I find automatic links in an Excel-sheet?
I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic links so that I can delete them? Tobias wrote: > I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At > least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I > have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update th...

Count Consecutive string of same number
Hi, I would like to find a formula that will give me the largest consecutive sting of numbers out of a list. Here is an example of the list (A1:A10000): this answer is 3. A 1 1 blank 1 blank 1 1 1 Thanks! Are the numbers to count *really* 1s? So, you want to find the longest streak of contiguous consecutive 1s? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:949CCD02-18BB-408F-829B-F812C951D5E2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I would like to find a formula that will give me the largest consecutiv...

'Find' doesn't find anything
I'm using Outlook with my office's exchange server. I've been a happy user of the 'search folder' feature (mainly the 'for follow-up' search folder), but this suddenly seized to work. After some experimenting I discovered that the underlying problem is the failure of 'Find' to find anything. Any search I perform simply doesn't find anything. I'm using Outlook on a remote desktop infrastructure, just like all my colleagues. I asked a few of them if they had any problems with this, and they apparently hadn't. Since I'm sharing this rem...

How do I set up number eg 2000 to word two thousand in excel?
I need to convert numbers in excel to words Eg 2,200 Two thousand and two hundred dollars Here is the code to create the function: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213360 "Lawrence" <Lawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82B59144-57C1-4C42-87B9-42D23D0858E5@microsoft.com... >I need to convert numbers in excel to words > > Eg 2,200 > > Two thousand and two hundred dollars Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lawrence" <Lawrence@discussions.microsoft.com...

Find #3
Hi I think this is a mid find function but can't quite work it out. I have a list of names eg John Smith in a cell I want to list the surnames only. Hope you can help Thanks Shona Hi It is a mid function - you're right! Try: =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,99) -- Andy. "Shona" <Student.13@uk.bosch.com> wrote in message news:c5o5ko$c8l$1@ns1.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hi > > I think this is a mid find function but can't quite work it out. > > I have a list of names eg John Smith in a cell I want to list the surnames > only. > > Ho...

This item has exceeded the budget for account number.
Hello, I am getting a recurring error message which prevents a user from entering in an expense into eReq because the system considers the account over budget, when in fact it is not. To correct the error, the origin of which we are still uncertain, we were instructed to run File/Maintenance/PO Enhancements/Reconcile. We received this message several times today and ran the utility which did not have any impact on the situation- the error message continues to pop up (i.e., for 53300-1650-000 Finance Office Supplies). The exact error message is: This item has exceeded the budget for...

Validations from another book
In data/validation the source is =() but to access the source via another book is it simply a matter of giving the full path name? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pat" <glass_patrick@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:co2ghh$6oh$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > In data/validation the source is =() but to access the source via another > book is it simply a matter of giving the full path name? > > > See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Mess...

IM-pullling lot numbers
Hi Folks GP ver 10 SP 3 and IM 10.00.1221. When the stock was booked in, GP created 2 Lot Numbers where the 2nd lot had a qty of 1. I now need to inegrate negative variances and I need to do a negative on Lot Number 123 for Site ID 00-MAIN for a qty of 4 and then I need to do a second line for the same Lot Number 123 for Site ID 00-Main for a qty of 1. My problem is that I have to force the system to NOT pick up the Lot Number where the qty available is only 1 when I am trying to do the line for the negative qty of 4 (that seems to be what is happening and my IM is failing all the...

Yet another "Outlook won't close" post....tried everything!
Hello - I'm running Outlook 2003 in cached Exchange mode on Windows XP Pro. All outstanding WinXP and Outlook patches/updates have been applied. As other users have experienced, when I close Outlook by any method, the Outlook icon stays in the system tray and the only way I can close it is to kill the process through Task Manager. Until I do that, I can't start Outlook. I've read all the other messages on this group and website suggestions about this problem, which seem to indicate is that there's another program/process integrated with Outlook that is hanging Outl...

How to copy Rules & Alerts from one PC to another
I occasionally copy my Outlook.pst file from my desktop to my laptop when I travel, and then back again when I get home. I also export and import the Rules & Alerts. The problem is that the Rules & Alerts for my emails don't copy over very well. The rules are there, but they say "on other machine", and most (but not all) of the rules that reference a specific email account (e.g. when received through specified account) are missing the account specification. Since I have quite a few rules, it is laborious to fix all these rules every time I transfer my fi...

Copy data company from one server to another.
There is an automated solution to copy data from one company to another, but in the same server. I think this solution could be more useful if it let copy data company from between different servers. -- Evelin. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...