how to find data and list all of them in a cell.

I have one database table like this.
==============================
Col_A         Col_B           Col_C
name         room            cancel
person1       building1        no
person2       building1        yes
person3       building2        no
person4       building2        no
person5       building1        no

==============================
what I need is to list the name who don't cancel  in building1 and fill in
cell("D1")
the result would like to be   :     person1 , person5

pls. help me to solve this problem.
thank you so much

0
Sumeth (2)
12/6/2007 7:57:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The simplest way would be to select the data; use Data | Filter | AutoFilter
The use the spinner to get Building 1 in B and No in C.
Only the cases of interest will be displayed

But if you want the name concatenated in one cell, you will need to use VBA
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sumeth" <Sumeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have one database table like this.
> ==============================
> Col_A         Col_B           Col_C
> name         room            cancel
> person1       building1        no
> person2       building1        yes
> person3       building2        no
> person4       building2        no
> person5       building1        no

> what I need is to list the name who don't cancel  in building1 and fill in
> cell("D1")
> the result would like to be   :     person1 , person5
>
> pls. help me to solve this problem.
> thank you so much

0
bliengme5824 (3040)