How to create first sheet as a list of names of remaining sheets?

I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the
list of sheet names for the remaining sheets.

0
datanull (1)
5/27/2005 6:04:41 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Datanull,

You might look at David McRitchie's 'Build Table of Contents' page at:

---
Regards,
Norman

<datanull@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the
> list of sheet names for the remaining sheets.

0
normanjones (1047)
5/27/2005 6:16:08 PM
or...

My Excel add-in "Excel Extras"  -Table of Contents- utility
adds a new sheet to the workbook with a list of sheet names
and the number of printable pages for each sheet.
Each sheet name is hyperlinked to the actual sheet.

The add-in has other features including:
Sheet sorting
Print area determination
Batch Hyperlink removal
Header and Footer - adding info or clearing
Font options
Comes with a Word.doc install/use file.

It is available - free - upon direct request.
Remove xxx from my email address

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA
jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX

<datanull@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the
> list of sheet names for the remaining sheets.

0
jim.coneXXX (771)
5/27/2005 6:21:54 PM
Hi,
can someone help me i want to create a index sheet with all the
hyperlinks and hide the worksheets after that .When i click the
hyperlink the hidden worksheet should open and allow me to print the
sheet.

I WILL BE GRATEFUL IF SOMEONE AN HELP ME ON THIS MATTER.
Mastee

--
mastee
mastee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23826

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C5636D.7270B020

You can use the FollowHyperlink event in your index sheet.
However, xl97 doesn't have that event.
See...
http://makeashorterlink.com/?G4451192B

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"mastee" <mastee.1pr1qc_1117296301.7935@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:mastee.1pr1qc_1117296301.7935@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi,
> can someone help me i want to create a index sheet with all the
> hyperlinks and hide the worksheets after that .When i click the
> hyperlink the hidden worksheet should open and allow me to print the
> sheet.
> I WILL BE GRATEFUL IF SOMEONE AN HELP ME ON THIS MATTER.
> Mastee

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C5636D.7270B020

R0lGODlhAQABAPAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C5636D.7270B020--

0
jim.coneXXX (771)

How do I create a sample in Excel?

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

Drop-down list #5

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

how can I do a lookup into another sheet?
how can I do a lookup into another sheet? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try something like =VLOOKUP(123,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "melawaisi" <melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > how can I do a lookup into another sheet? > thanks > > > ------...

Can't create the item #2

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...

Change Domain Name on outgoing Emails
Our company just purchased another company with their own Exchange Server and AD infrastrure. We want all users in this new facility to have Email addresses with our Domain such as username@abc.com instead of their current Domain username@123.com. Until I migrate resources from their Forest into our Forest I have created contacts to forward all Emails from the abc Domain to the 123 Domain. When users reply or send Emails from the 123 Domain it still has their username@123.com Email address which will cause confusion with our customers and suppliers. How do I force their Emails to us...

Find Highest Score In List Formula
Hello all, I'm looking to return the highest score for a users with multiple scores in a list of other users with multiple scores. Thank you, Ron Say the data is like: frank 56 joe 9 frank 74 frank 101 jim 143 jim 146 joe 200 frank 164 joe 135 joe 127 joe 177 jim 10 jim 135 jim 53 frank 190 joe 109 jim 193 jim 29 jim 8 jim 107 joe 93 joe 9 jim 153 jim 186 joe 36 jim 174 jim 141 frank 55 jim 92 frank 141 joe 15 frank 5 frank 34 joe 161 jim 103 joe 88 and we want the max score for frank: =MAX(IF(A1:A36="frank",B1:B36,""...