how to create application-wide macros not workbook-wide

how to create application-wide macros?
I have general purpose macros, for example, toc-generator based on tab
names and hyperlink them to each page.
do I have to view-code and create the macros every time I want to attach
them?
0
whoknows1 (20)
4/7/2008 12:31:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can save your workbook as an addin (*.xla).  The provide the user someway of
running those macros.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm  -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

--

Dave Peterson
0