How to copy VB macro from one spreadsheet to another?

How do I copy a VB macro from one spreadsheet to another.

0
psappie (2)
4/11/2006 2:02:19 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way is to open both wb's at the same time; select "show code", find
the sheet or module in the source wb that contains the macro, highlight
the code and copy.  Select the desired sheet or module in the target wb
and paste...

:cool: Ben

--
protonLeah
protonLeah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32097

Permanently Affixing Toobar/Macros
Ok, I've written a bunch of macros for an Electronic Engineering Lo (for my ship) and built a toolbar to allow easy use of the macros. Unfortunately, every time a user does a "save" the macro reference switch to the last saved document instead of the master file created. Is it possible to "lock" the macro references in the toolbar to on specific file? If so, what do I need to do? We are currently jus leaving the previous days saved file in the normal working director and making a copy of it in the location it needs to go. I would prefe to leave the master file only...

How to trap copying(reading or writing) event via network share ?
Hi, We often set network share for some of our directories to others in LAN. But I want to know how to trap the event when copying(reading or writing) occurs in my program? Thank you for your ideas�� David ...

How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with i.
How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with its own page number You might want to try this. I used the preview feature. You can use print. There are may be techniques to setup one print call with new page numbers. Option Explicit Public Sub Printsheet() Dim Counter As Integer For Counter = 1 To 5 Call PrintSetup(Counter) ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview Next Counter End Sub Sub PrintSetup(PageNumber As Integer) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "&...

Add multiple (2) rows to same table from one form
Is it possible to create a form in such a way that I can enter data on the form and create two rows in the same table? I'm creating a database for my school's chess club and I have a table for playerResults. I get a little slip of paper with the names of the black and white player and the result of the game. I would like to enter a record for both the players into the PlayerResults table with the number of the player, the color they were and the result. At the moment the only way I can see to do this is to create a different table with a single row that captures the number for each...

Can't move from one cell and/or enter any data, or exit wksht...
My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has happened and how does one undo the problem and understand how it can be overcome? Right now I cant get out of excel or perform any functions in the worksheet...any help? Has your PC possibly locked up? If so hit Control - Alt - Delete, go to the task manager, and shut down the program. Then, go back into Excel to see if you have normal functions now. "Stuck in One cell" wrote: > My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has > happened and how does one undo the pr...

How do I get my personal macro worksheet to open whenever I open .
I have Excel 2000 (9.0.7616 SP-3) on a laptop that has Windows XP and whenever I try to run a macro (saved on my personal.xls worksheet) it shows that my worksheet will not open as a hidden file when I open Excel. I have used another version of Excel on a PC running Windows 2000 and Excel 2000 (9.0.4402 SR-2) and whenever I open Excel my Personal.xls file is opened in the background. Is there a way that I can fix my Laptop to do the same? Any help would be much appreciated Hi try: - put personal.xls in your XLStart folder - after openening Excel activate this file and use 'Window...

Simple macro help #2
I have a workbook with two sheets in it. the workbook is used to keep track of machines in a particular location. on one sheet there is a weekly update and the second sheet is a year to date tracker. what i'm trying to do is on the weekly sheet i want to update the numbers for each location, weekly obviously. on the other sheet i want it to keep track of the yearly amount. for example on the weekly sheet i have 3 machines in memphis and 4 in los angeles. the yearly sheet will read 3 for memphis and 4 for los angeles. then at the end of week two i update the weekly sheet saying there...

rule to move to deleted items after sending, not copy
I send some emails that I want moved to the deleted items folder after being sent. I do not want a copy put there. I want the email to disappear from Sent Items. I see no way to do that. Please help. Disable the generic "Save a copy" option in Outlook. Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortoutgoingmail.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "dgm"...

3 copies of deposits
Hi all, does anyone know how to set the reciept to print 3 copies of deposits instead of 2?? Thanks in advance..... Sorry, i menat 3 copies instead of 1. Andy, If you go into store operations Manager - databases - receipt formats, then select the receipt format you are using, then select the relevant template properties button. Once this is opened near the top of the page you will see the flag for receipt count - change this accordingley. Hope this is what you meant Marc "Andy King" wrote: > Sorry, i menat 3 copies instead of 1. Hi Marc, thanks for your response...

Adjusting row heights and column widths to align with another sheet
Hi, A workbook has sheets containing printable reports. All have identical columns and widths. After experimenting, I have arrived at an ideal row heights and column widths for one of the sheets. I now need to adjust the other sheet to the same heights and widths. Any way to do this using VBA or through the user interface? Thanks in advance for the help. Regards, Raj It seems like this is a one off so all you need to do is select the worksheet with the correct column widths and row heights then hold the Ctrl key while you click on the other worksheet tabs. (this selects mul...

Multiple batches posted as one entry
Through sales order processing, we generate several batches during the day. Each batch represents a different division within the company. The separate batches are posted the next day, which creates several general journal entries. Each journal entry has a debit to cash. Each of these cash accounts has to be added together in order to reconcile with the one amount showing on the bank statement for that day. Is there a way to post these multiple daily batches, and have them all come across as a single journal entry? Mike You could not have multiple batches posting to a same journal ...

Question regarding multiply SMTP address for one mailbox
Hi, A particular user at my company needs to have multiply smtp email addresses for her account. What I have done is I have gone into AD, opened up her profile properties, gone to 'email addresses' and added the extra smtp email address in. I now need to make this new entry the primary smtp address, so I select the entry and click on 'Set as primary' and then press apply and ok. However after around 30 mins or so the 'primary smtp address' reverts back to the original smtp address. My question is how do I stop the 'primary smtp address' been reverted ba...

If / Then / Else Macro
The problem: I have a Macro that does a Goal Seek and crashes if one of several cells has a 0 or no value in it EXISTING MACRO: Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Program Input").Select Sheets("Cash Flow").Select Range("D49").Select Range("D49").GoalSeek Goal:=1, ChangingCell:=Sheets ("Program Input").Range( _ "J192") Sheets("Program Input").Select Range("J192").Select Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I am trying to write code into the macro that will...

macro security #2
When I open an excel workbook, I receive a message saying "the workbook contains macros.., do i want to disable or enable". Well, I don't have any macros in the workbook. Why is this message popping up and how can I stop it. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You'll see this message if the workbook has any modules in its VB project, even if empty. Deleting the modules should fix the problem. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Debra Dalgleish h...

Detect macro in excel file without opening it
Is it possible to detect if an excel file contains macros without opening it. please advise.. thx! - Boss On Apr 28, 3:01=A0pm, Boss <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to detect if an excel file contains macros without opening= it. > please advise.. thx! - Boss In Excel 2007 if a workbook contains macro it's extension will be xlsm In excel 2003 no such way.For avoiding macro virus you can set the tools-Option-security-macro security- to low so that no macro is run. Yes, if you have security set to medium Excel will give you a choice to...

Creating a PivotTable Report from an Another PivotTable Report
When you begin the pivot table wizard there are a total of four choices under 'What is the data you would like to analyze?'. The fourth (Another PivotTable Report or Pivot Chart Report) is the one that i would like to use and the option button is always greyed out and you are unable to select it. How do I go about making it possible for me to select this option. I am using Microsoft Excel 2002. Can anybody help me Select an area that includes the Pivot table report you want to include "bcpaulus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FC35CE...

Help with speeding up a vlookup macro
I am working on a macro to compare two lists of job numbers in two separate workbooks. If there are any matches, those duplicate jobs are flagged. I used vlookup to accomplish this. My problem is that my table_array could have as many as 10000 cells. When I use vlookup to check 200 different lookup_values, the processing time is, to say the least, massive. Is there any way to speed up this process? I had thought of sorting the table_array, since there are a lot of blank cells in it. I guess my main question is, how would I have one workbook sort a column in another workbook? Any help woul...

Odd behavior on xsl:include / xsl:import
I have been running some tests with regards to xsl:include and xsl:import with the same results on both and I am wondering if someone can explain this behavior to me! First off the xslt file is being loaded as in dim myXSLT as new XslTransform() myXSLT.load("scripts/clnt.home.body.xslt") The load craps out when I change the xsl:include, tried all of the following is xsl:import as well. The file contains a href to a file called clnt.cmn.xslt. It contains some standard templates with names that render particular html that is common to the site. The file is stored in a physical dire...

collect data from the same row in multiple spreadsheets
I have 140 employees with a separate workbook for each.The workbooks contains their by-weekly timesheets. Each workbook has 26 sheets (one for each pay period). I need to start a workbook that will contain the total line for each employee (line 37). For instance, The first sheet in each workbook in named "july 3". I need to collect line 37 from each July 3 sheet (total 140 lines) and have them show in the new workbook on the "july 3" sheet. I have to do this 26 times to complete the new workbook. Does anyone know of a shortcut? Hi Jeannine > of a shortcut? ...

How can I find bottom row of a spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that has rows added to it by different areas of the office. I need to set up a "front sheet" that will always show the last (bottom) row of "sheet1". I think there is a expression that will do this for me, but I do not know what it is or how to construct it. (I think it comes down the rows until it hits a blank then goes back up one row) Can anybody help with this please Bob It sounds like there won't be any blank rows. In that cases, you could use: =INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,COUNTA(Sheet2!A:A)) to pull in the last value in col. A of Sheet2. Then r...

copy of treeview
Hello, I have to copy information from a treeview to another treeview... The first TreeCtrl is in a dialog and the second it's in another dialog. The application is Dialog Based and I use my oen solution of property sheet. So if I want to call something from another dialog i make i this way: CResultsPageDlg resDlg((CMyAppDlg*)theApp.GetMainWnd()); resDlg.CopyTreeview(m_TreeView.GetRootItem(), m_TreeView.GetRootItem()); useing the solution from http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/dragdrop/article.php/c657/ Somebody knows how to do that? Alex What is CopyTreeview method...

Inserting an excel spreadsheet into a task in outlook 2007
I open up a task in outlook and then rightclick in the task field there by availing myself to the ribbon commands. Then I click on the "Insert" command tab and then select Table, then click on the down arrow and select excel spreadsheet. And when click on excel spreadsheet I get a dialogue box "The program used to create this object is excel. The program is not installed on you computer (but it is). To edit this object you must install a program to edit this object." Looking for answers -- Wave Hunter Did you install Outlook and Excel from the same Offi...

Can I transfer data from and excell spreadsheet to print labels u.
Please include your FULL question in the text body, even if it repeats what is in the subject. Subject is generally ignored when reading the actual question. Please use correct spelling and capitalization for Excel. Excel does not provide decent facilities for printing labels, while there are other solutions, the normal one is to use "Mail Merge" in Word to print using the first Excel worksheet as the database; http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvp...

Copy a range from closed workbooks (ADO)
Hi With reference to the code at http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm What changes is required to this code for use, 1. with .csv files 2.files with only one sheet but differrent sheet names 3.data on the sheet without headers. Thanks. Hi nc Change the xls to csv in the code -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "nc" <nc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4FE59EF-C912-4079-A498-0F8CCCAE095C@microsoft.com... > Hi > > With reference to the code at > > http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm > > What changes is required to this ...

VB 6.0 to Access 2000 code conversion
I everybody, i'm trying to convert my Visual Basic 6.0 code, forms, etc. to an Access 2000 database. Is there a automatic converter ? Anyone knows ? Thanks ! Not really. Tony Toews lists some products that purport to be able to do this at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/accesstovb.htm but the general consensus is that they do an incomplete job at best. There are simply too many differences in the controls available for VB forms vs. those available for Access forms. In general, you're going to be better off recreating the forms manually. (You can, of course, simply copy-and-paste ...