How to copy a Macro to another PC

How can I find and copy an Excel macro to another PC.  As I recall the one I
created also created a file called Personal.xls that automatically opens up.
Not sure if this is the only file that needs to be copied?  Also, where does
it get copied to?  What location?  Same as original PC?
--
FL
0

Personal.xls is automatically opened (if it exists) but is hidden; use
Widows | Unhide to see if you have one. Generally it is kept in the XLSTART
folder; find it with a search.

However, some people have Excel open other files automatically; Use Tools |
Options and look on the General tab to see if your Excel is set up this way.

Use Tools| Macros | VBA editor to check which file has the macro

Copy the file to the other PC and locate in the same folder.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"FL" <FL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I find and copy an Excel macro to another PC.  As I recall the one
> created also created a file called Personal.xls that automatically opens
> up.
> Not sure if this is the only file that needs to be copied?  Also, where
> does
> it get copied to?  What location?  Same as original PC?
> --
> FL

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

is there anyway in an excel macro to reorder the sheet tabs from left to right?
is there anyway in an excel macro to reorder the sheet tabs from left to right? Hi Daniel, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#sortallsheets --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OctZdyBeFHA.3028@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > is there anyway in an excel macro to reorder the sheet tabs from left to > right? > > ...

pc crashed, can't remember password
Motherboard fried so I hooked my dire up to another pc to recover my data and money file. Problem is now when I import the .mny file it is asking for a password. I have no idea what it is. On my old PC I just opened money and it popped up without a password prompt. Any ideas how to recover from this beside starting from scratch again? In microsoft.public.money, dannyv_1964 wrote: >Motherboard fried so I hooked my dire up to another pc to >recover my data and money file. Problem is now when I >import the .mny file it is asking for a password. I have >no idea what it is....

Save file macro
I have made a macro that saves a file with the word 'new' appended to the end of the filename. However examining the macro shows that it is therefore unique to that filename. How would I change it so that when I attach the new macro to a button (which I can handle) it will attach 'new' to the existing file regardless of the filename? Or is there a better way of achieving my objective? Thanks Brian Tozer Brian Tozer wrote: Problem solved. Return to your Xmas pudding. Brian Tozer ...

Copying cell data automatically?
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and be dependent on the first cell, i.e, when cell A text changes so does cell B, how do I do that? It depends You can use an IF statement =IF(A1=1,"Something","SomethingElse") Or if there are many different inputs you can create a table somewhere A One B Two C Three And use VLOOKUP HTH PC "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50C72329-771C-45E4-8945-E5EB71C5BDCB@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and ...

Can someone please tweak my Macro?
OK, this isn't Excel, it's Word, but there is no forum for Wor comparable to this forum for Excel, and as the problem is really VBA thought, heh, give it a try. I want to record a macro to help me with indexing a large book. The wa to mark an index entry is to select the text, then press the ke combination Shift+Alt+X, or on the Menu go to Insert, Index and Tables Mark Entry. I would rather have this in a single key, such as F12. My first try was to select a word, such as 'Beverley', in "Beverley i a market town in the East Riding of Yorkshire. I then recorded in macr...

Transfering data from one spreadsheet to another.
I have a spreadsheet that is created by a program I use at work. I run this report weekly and there are hundreds of loads each week. The spreadsheet has the info I need but not in the right format. I need to know if there is a way to pull this info into another spreadsheet in the format I am looking for without a bunch of copying and pasteing. He is an example of what the report looks like Load# Destination Charge Desc. Charges Total 12345 Columbus, OH Fuel $100 $300 12345...

Attachng a Macro to a worksheet/book
I have created a spreadsheet that contains a macro to perform certain calcuations and functions. However, it ony works on my PC. If I send it via email to someone else to use I get a message stating that "The macros in this Project are Disabled" However, when I go into Tools, Macros and Run Macro, I can see it, but it will not run it? Any ideas? Hi ezeetyger! Sounds like the security settings in the other person's computer are set to high. Use: Tools > Macro > Security Set to Medium (gives a choice on opening a book with macros in it) Set to Low (allows all macros) ...

Macro data selection line delete
Hi, Macro Question 1 While in a spreadsheet, I want to "find" pertinant data, and delete all other non-pertinant data. This is what I currently have.... In column B there are codes that look like this: 13-BS, 35-BS, 45-BS, etc (9 codes all together). I want to find all the data in column B that have that specific data, and delete all nonspecific data. I also want each code to have its own worksheet in my workbook. Any ideas how I can get a macro to do that? Macro Question 2 How can I select a non specific data range after using a find key....(Ex. I find code 13-BS in col...

Shadow Copy problem
I am running CRM 1.2 on sbs2k3. Shadow copy isnt working because of the SQL server running on the same SBS machine. Does anyone know how to fix this? repost to microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs "Jeremiah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:216a01c427a6$f71a0af0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am running CRM 1.2 on sbs2k3. Shadow copy isnt working > because of the SQL server running on the same SBS > machine. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...

Macro
Hi, I have this database from column C to T and row 4 onwards. What I hope to achieve is to copy the entire row from C to T to another sheet (similarly from Column C to T and row 4 onwards) if the cell for that row in Column L is "Lost Case". At the same time, the selected rows to be copied in the original sheet should be deleted after being copied. Another consideration is that new data will be added to the original sheet from time to time and thus the database might expand or shrink (after being copied and delete, and the addition or new data). Thus, when the macr...

Multiple copies of emails received when forwarding
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 server (OS=2003 standard server) on a new IBM server box and everything works fine except that I created a contact with a yahoo email address for one of our people and then forwarded their Exchange mail to that contact. Now he gets like 20 copies of each email to his offsite Yahoo email account anytime anyone sends an email to his Exchange email account. Anyone hear of this before? What about other contacts, do they receive multiple copies of the same message? Aspirin wrote: > Hi, > > I have an Exchange 2003 server (OS=2003 standard server) >...

Spreadsheet Printing and Displaying on one pc in Blue Ink
One of our users is still having trouble with an Excel spreadsheet. It is printing in blue ink on his pc and black on everyone elses. I modified the spreadsheet cell colors to black instead of automatic and it still prints blue on his. I had him check his palette to make sure black was highlighted as the default color and he said it was. He also told me that he is able to print in black ink using other applications on his PC, so he isn't out of black ink. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ken K. - 2191 -- akkrug After discussing with HP Tech Support, We just selected print to graysca...

Sharing a Workbook That Includes Macros
Hi, I want to share a workbook that has macros and is on a network. The macros (amongst other things) will protect and unprotect the sheet but once I make the workbook shared I lose this functionality. Can anyone offer any solutions? -- Andrew You can't change the protection in a shared workbook. If you explain what you're trying to do during the protect and unprotect, perhaps someone could suggest a different way to accomplish the task. Andrew wrote: > I want to share a workbook that has macros and is on a network. The macros > (amongst other things) will protect a...

How to transfer email hyperlink to another cell
I have an email hyperlink in cell A1. I want the same email address to automatically go into C1 and have it be a clickable hyperlink just link A1 is. Obvioulsy, I can formulate C1 as =A1 but the problem is that it is not a clickable hyperlink. Paul PS - I am not familiar with macros. How about: =hyperlink(a1) or =hyperlink("mailto:" & a1) depending on what's in A1. Peepster wrote: > > I have an email hyperlink in cell A1. I want the same email address to > automatically go into C1 and have it be a clickable hyperlink just link A1 is. > > Obvioulsy,...

Data From One Sheet to Another
I'm trying to set up my home based business ans keep track of stock et. I've set up a workbook with several worksheets. The first shows all the product purchased, columns for:- Date: Invoice #: Quantity: Product Descript: A/Ship (mandatory monthly purchase): Personal: Retail: ReSale: Promo: Shipping: Other: Cost: Each of the other sheets id dedicated to one of the catagories, i.e. A/Ship, Retail, Promo etc. To save entering each invoice a couple of times, how can I get Excell to populate the additional sheets when I enter the data in the first? Hi Richard There are many w...

Button to Activate Macro
I have recorded a simple macro to hide a few columns of an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to run the macro from a click event for a button control. I added the button from the control toolbox. When I right click on the control, "assign macro" is not one of my available choices. I can see no way to make the object perform the macro task. What am I missing here? Thanks Jon, Control toolbox buttons are event driven, so go into design mode (the triangle on the control toolbar) and double-click the button. You will then be presented with a skeletal procedure where you can add you...

How to call a function from another workbook
Dear sir, how can i call a function or procedure that contained in another workbook ? thanks Joe Hi When you want to use an UDF or procedure in several workbooks, then save it into a module of Personal Macro Workbook (Personal.xls, it's created automatically, when you select Personal Macro Workbook as destination to save a newly-created macro, and later is loaded automatically whenever you start Excel). -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF3EABAE-6751-4917-88F1-1A5...

Another HARD VLOOKUP Problem, can it be done ?
A hard problem with VLOOKUP ! Have serveral lines with Names/Adresses/Zip and a Cell with Codes of my Family in Excel 2003. I want to search it with VLOOKUP and one Cell of the found data must than be viewed in a Horizontal way. Example: VLOOKUP finds seven adresses with different codes T 3 T 2 G 4 E 7 W 4 The question is how do i get this data Horizontal like this : T 3 - T 2 - G 4 - E 7 - W 4 ( - = next Cell) How do i do that ? Is "=TRANSPOSE" an option and will it work with "VLOOKUP" ? Anybody ? > Example: VLOOKUP finds seven adresses...

Copying data from formula output
I've used my concatenate formula to merge cells. Now I need to copy the cells to another workbook. When I paste, I get a ref#. What's up with that? Insteading of pasting, use Paste Special and select Values. That will "hard code" your formula results. -- Elisabeth "robin m" wrote: > I've used my concatenate formula to merge cells. Now I need to copy the cells > to another workbook. When I paste, I get a ref#. What's up with that? Thank you. It worked like a charm. "Elisabeth" wrote: > Insteading of pasting, use Paste Special an...

copy row&column containing max value
I am trying to record a macro that finds the maximum value in a gri file. Basically, I have this huge worksheet, with lots and lots of column and rows (maybe 1000x100). I have more than a thousand of these hug worksheets, so I need to create a macro! Steps for the macro: - I need to find the max value in the worksheet (cell location change per worksheet, obviously). - I need to take the row that the max value cell is located. - Take this row and set it as the y-values for a chart, and se 1,2,3...n for x-values for the chart - Repeat steps above to find the column containing the same max...

Copy from one calendar to another in Outlook 2003?
Is there a way to copy all events from one calendar to another in Outlook 2003? I have four different calendars in Outlook and would like to use a different one for default than what I've used in the past. I tried to export from one, exporting as a csv file, and re importing it into the other. It doesn't work. What's prompting this is I started to use Outlook Connector and it seems that the folder that Outlook Connector wants to share on the web is my MSN calendar. Any ideas? Thanks, Sam The default Calendar is the one that belongs to the store where mail is being delivere...

How to have one year value added to another cell
I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? So, A1 02-04-06 auto: B1 02-04-07 Bart Excel 2003 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164983094.802613.212520@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... > I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. > How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? > > So, > > A1 02-04-06 > > auto: > B1 02-04-07 > > > Bart >...

recovery of DB to another servers SG?
Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers recovery storage group from the same org? I highly doubt it, but my boss wants me to confirm. Thanks. Yes, as long as they are in the same administrative group. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "BigHaig" <BigHAig@aol.com> wrote in message news:tufYf.314$Fy2.264@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers > recovery storage grou...

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

activate macro
how do i automatically run a macro when i move from one worksheet to another. ie select another worksheet, then automatically run a specific macro pat Patrick, Put this sub in the ThisWorkbook module. Sh will be the worksheet that was just activated. Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox Sh.Name ' take out the line above and put in your code End Sub -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets ...