How to convert numbers using dots into numbers using commas

I have an Excel sheet with a specific range of cells that contain numbers.
The format of these cells is "General" (so not "Number").

The numbers in these cells use dots (e.g. 4.2) while I work with commas
(e.g. 4,2). Does anyone know how can I convert the numbers into numbers that
use commas?
0
MARTIN1 (286)
12/5/2006 10:49:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If your system is set to use commas as decimal point you should be able to
select the range of cells with dots and Edit>Replace

what:  dot(.)

with:  comma(,)

Replace all.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:49:01 -0800, Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have an Excel sheet with a specific range of cells that contain numbers.
>The format of these cells is "General" (so not "Number").
>
>The numbers in these cells use dots (e.g. 4.2) while I work with commas
>(e.g. 4,2). Does anyone know how can I convert the numbers into numbers that
>use commas?

0
Gord
12/5/2006 11:32:56 PM
Thanks! That was easily solved :-)

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> If your system is set to use commas as decimal point you should be able to
> select the range of cells with dots and Edit>Replace
>
> what:  dot(.)
>
> with:  comma(,)
>
> Replace all.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:49:01 -0800, Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have an Excel sheet with a specific range of cells that contain numbers.
> >The format of these cells is "General" (so not "Number").
> >
> >The numbers in these cells use dots (e.g. 4.2) while I work with commas
> >(e.g. 4,2). Does anyone know how can I convert the numbers into numbers that
> >use commas?

0
MARTIN1 (286)
12/6/2006 9:43:02 AM
Whilst it may not be immediately relevant to your problem, Finland uses a
comma for the decimal separator (and a space for the thousand separator).
Selecting Finland in the Regional and Language Options of Control Panel would
display all numbers in this format as standard.

"Martin" wrote:

> I have an Excel sheet with a specific range of cells that contain numbers.
> The format of these cells is "General" (so not "Number").
>
> The numbers in these cells use dots (e.g. 4.2) while I work with commas
> (e.g. 4,2). Does anyone know how can I convert the numbers into numbers that
> use commas?
0
tonigee (5)

Cells print so small I cannot read numbers. How do I fix?
I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it is far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am stuck printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is readable. It sound like you have selected Fit to 1 page in File > Page setup > Page > Scaling. Either select to fit it to 2 pages or select Adjust to 100% size -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Repl...

last 4 wk average using calculated pivotitem
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

How do I convert time (hh:mm) to value ($$) in Excel?
Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =3.5*60*100 "ahfen79" wrote: > Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per > minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I > apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =(3.5/24)*60*100 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ahfen79" <ahfen79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Outlook & Normal.dot
MS Outlook 2003, Version (11.6359.6360) SP1 Everytime I reply on a message and it is sent, I get a pop-up message asking me if I want to replace normal.dot because it has been changed. I know that I have chosen Word as my e-mail writer and can therefor see the relation between Normal.dot and Outlook. How can I disable this message from popping up everytime. I have my default template for Word and do not want to change it. I asume it must be some setting somewhere but am not sure where. Regards and thanx, Deon No need to repost; it's not a chatgroup, answers could take a while. -...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...

How do I make door hangers using publisher?
Is this even possible? Mary Sauer has a website with a generous collection of goodies including door hangers. Take a look at just above George Washington's portrait (way down the page) at, http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "medinapie" <medinapie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986B8199-C9B5-46CE-8F2F-C772BE5C21BC@microsoft.com... > Is this even possible? I have a sample on my web page. Scroll down -- on the left. http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm Some cute ones here that you could mod...

using program to record audio comment and compress audio to MP3
I can use VBA to record an audio comment into a Word file using Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="SoundRec", FileName:="", _ LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=True, IconFileName:= _ "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndrec32.exe", IconIndex:=0, IconLabel:="Wave Sound" BUT but by default the file is stored as a PCM at 44kHz and 16 bit stereo whcih is about 200kB per second Sound recorder (which is used to do the recording) allows me to manually convert this to a MP3 and a much smaller file e.g. 3kB per second Is there any way I can aut...

Can I use oulook from home and have access at work?
When I set up my outlook I lose all my inbox messages online and would not be able to read my email from work. Is there a way to have my inbox available on outlook and remain online? Just to clarify, are you asking how to set up Outlook at home to receive email from work? If that's your question, you need to ask your IT Admin or Exchange Admin if you can use OWA and how that's done. That wouldn't have email coming into your Outlook account but it is a form of Outlook, Outlook Web Access. This may or may not be allowed. Your IT staff would of course have all kinds of securi...

Money 2004 did not convert Quicken 2003 H&B Invoices: Problem?
I am trialing Money 2004 Small Business. Just got it last night and installed with no problem. It grabbed my Quicken 2003 files and for the most part converted. There was some omissions in the Stock transaction area since Quicken doesn't handle Call Options, at lease without some adustments. However, I was disappointed that no Invoice file information was converted. Is this a problem or does Money not convert Quicken 2003 H&B invoice files? If Money is supposed to convert Invoice files where might have I gone wrong? TIA ---- Tom Duprex No, what you see is what you get. The ex...

how do I find the equation of a line using a scatter plot?
I am taking a chem lab and right now we are studying rate laws using kenetics. we had to graph the results of our experiment and then find the equation of the line. such as y=mx+b but i cant fiugre out how to do it. or if i am supposed to put a trend line in the graph, but if that is what I am supposed to do how do I find the equation of it? First: to make trendline. Right click on the data in the chart; use Add trendline; specify Linear; on Options tab, check shoe equation Secondly:To get slope and intercept: Let's say you x-values are in A2:A11 and y-values in B2:B11 for slope us...

Using Rept function
I want to repeat one cells entry somewhere else in my (same) worksheet and have used the Rept function successfully. However, ifthe 1st cell (e.g. A3 is in date format like 12/12/2003, when I use the Rept A3,1 function in another cell (e.g.cell R3), it returns the date as a number (37967). What I want is for the date to be repeated exactly as is (12/12/2003 or whatever date is typed). Can anyone help please Don't use the REPT function. Just enter =A3 and apply the date format you want using Format, Cells if you do not automatically get it. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP You can't unless ...

Schema validation using Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hi, All Iam trying to do is validate a group of schemas which inturn references an external XSD schema(tried putting both in local webserver/as part of project),Iam getting errors This is what Iam doing 1. Open a blank Biztalk solution 2. Add all the schemas to validate 3. Validate Schema Am not sure what Iam doing wrong.Any help would be appreciated Thanks Raj ...

Convert Relative Hyperlink path to absolute
I have a hyperlink field that the user drag's and drops a file into. It seems to be working fine IF the user pulls from the "Public" sector of their machine, but all other locations it's pulling a relative path "..\..\". Is there any way to convert this to an absolute address? ...

How to use Or in txrbox
Hi Working in a relational db in Access 2003 I have a continuous form (MyForm). In Header section of the form I have an unbound txtbox control to enter words separated by Or. After entering the word(s) user click a button to trigger searching the word(s). My form is based on Allen's Browne search example. Thus searching controls are in Header and founded records must be displayed in form2 rather than in Details of the Myform. On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:20:02 -0700, sebastico <sebastico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >Working in a relational db in Access 2003 I...

order number and invoice sequences
When we enter an order in great plains, the order is assigned a number. A packing slip is then generated with the same number. Then when transferred to an invoice for billing the system assigns an invoice number that is not the same. How do we maintain the same number through out the process? Ken, Out of the box, there isn't a way to do this. When you transfer a document from one to the other- the document number to be used is just pulled from the next invoice number which most likely won't match your order. So what you are looking at is that you enter an order with perhaps OR...

Office is in use by other person?
Version: 2008 I have the student version of Office for Mac. No problems until today when it says it is in use by another person. It says my installations exceeds the number of installations allowed by my license agreement. I don't understand what is going on. I received my own product key and everything. Is there any way to fix this? On 10/6/09 6:23 PM, in article 59b7e093.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "digginforpixies@officeformac.com" <digginforpixies@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have the student version of Office for Mac. No problems until today when it > says it...

How to Unhide and Use Columns to the right of the worksheet
I wanted to hide columns AP and everything to the right of it in my worksheet. So I selected column AP hit CTRL-SHIFT-RIGHT KEY and I could confine the visible area of my worksheet to A-AO So far so good. I now want to be able to insert columns between A and AO. I get a message saying that it cant shift non-blank columns off the worksheet (which is now supposedly confined to A-AO. I inserted the line ActiveSheet.Range("AP1:AZ1").EntireColumn.Hidden = False in my Worksheet_SelectionChange macro and found that only column AP was visible, but that I couldnt select it. I still can...

can auto text be used in excel
can auto text be used in excell like it can in word? You can enter data in a table in Word then transfer it to Excel. "Me" wrote: > can auto text be used in excell like it can in word? ...

How to convert PDF file to Text using VC++ 6.0
Dear Developer / Experts , I am developing an application which required to read PDF file and convert it into txt file . I dont have any idea how to do this. Please let me know if there is any free ActiveX / library to achieve this task. I am using VC++ 6.0 as my development environment . Thanks in advance , Regards , Jignesh Patel [VC++ : Software Developer] This might work for you. Since the full version requires membership this may not be enough, but it's worth giving a look. http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/acrobat/sdk/index.html Tom <jignesh2680@gmail.com&g...

retrieving outlook web access mail using outlook express
how do i set up my outlook express to receive and access my outlook web access email account? it's my buisiness mail and i need to add it to my hotmail account in outlook express. PJ ...