how to automate opening a password protected excel file? e.g. a .xls that has a password set in the security tab.

how to automate opening a password protected excel file? e.g. a .xls that
has a password set in the security tab.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

With no checking...

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
    Dim Wkbk As Workbook
    Set Wkbk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:="C:\My Documents\excel\book1.xls", _
                     Password:="hithere")
End Sub

The code has to "know" the password.

--

Dave Peterson
0

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

File size #11

find action on log file

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Maximum file sizes

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Cannot Open 2000 Money Backup
My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. Can anyone help open this? In microsoft.public.money, Kate wrote: >My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money >Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. >Can anyone help open this? Be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents/MyDocuments. If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create...

Linking files 2 ways

owa cant open ppt attachments

cannot open hyper links in outlook

password protection paramenters
Hello, I want to be able to unprotect my sheet, add a wordart graphi and reprotect my sheet. The problem I am having is when I do this wit code the file is protected with the default parameters selected. I wan to be able to enable wordart so I can insert a wordart object and the protect the sheet again. I want to get around the user being able to just delect the added wor art. When protected I would like the following parameters to be set: Allow users to select locked cells select Unlocked cells format cells format rows Its the "edit objects" parameter that needs to be enabled fo...

learning Excel #3