How to add button for macro in Fluent UI?

I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the
workbooks in my PC.
I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be
available for all the work books.
How to add a custom button?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm  -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0
On Jun 10, 9:26=A0pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de =
Bruin's
> site:http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htmhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm=
=A0-- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
> addin)
> orhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm
>
> Yajiv wrote:
>
> > I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the
> > workbooks in my PC.
> > I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be
> > available for all the work books.
> > How to add a custom button?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
Thanks Dave, I am still not able to get it.

Is there any way to do it in open xml as given in microsoft custom
fluent UI articles?
I want the custom tab to available at application (excel) level, to
all documetns (xls...)
Is there any article which explains fully?
You could start here:

http://www.amazon.com/RibbonX-Customizing-Office-2007-Ribbon/dp/0470191112/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213886600&sr=1-1

or

http://snipurl.com/2l4pn  [www_amazon_com]

Yajiv wrote:

> On Jun 10, 9:26 pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> > If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
> > site:http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htmhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
> > addin)
> > orhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm
> >
> > Yajiv wrote:
> >
> > > I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the
> > > workbooks in my PC.
> > > I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be
> > > available for all the work books.
> > > How to add a custom button?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
> Thanks Dave, I am still not able to get it.
>
> Is there any way to do it in open xml as given in microsoft custom
> fluent UI articles?
> I want the custom tab to available at application (excel) level, to
> all documetns (xls...)
> Is there any article which explains fully?

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
6/19/2008 2:43:57 PM
If you follow the steps on my ribbon page you can do what you want
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

If you have problems post back and tell me what you want and where.
I will post a example

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Yajiv" <yajiv.vijay@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cb4cc5d5-c692-4f1b-a7d1-ad86973ede68@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...
On Jun 10, 9:26 pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
> site:http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htmhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
> addin)
> orhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm
>
> Yajiv wrote:
>
> > I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the
> > workbooks in my PC.
> > I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be
> > available for all the work books.
> > How to add a custom button?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
Thanks Dave, I am still not able to get it.

Is there any way to do it in open xml as given in microsoft custom
fluent UI articles?
I want the custom tab to available at application (excel) level, to
all documetns (xls...)
Is there any article which explains fully?
0
rondebruin (3790)
6/19/2008 4:07:23 PM
Maybe he'll like your site since the author suggested it.  He didn't care for it
when I suggested it <vbg>.

Ron de Bruin wrote:

> If you follow the steps on my ribbon page you can do what you want
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
>
> If you have problems post back and tell me what you want and where.
> I will post a example
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>
> "Yajiv" <yajiv.vijay@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cb4cc5d5-c692-4f1b-a7d1-ad86973ede68@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...
> On Jun 10, 9:26 pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> > If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
> > site:http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htmhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
> > addin)
> > orhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm
> >
> > Yajiv wrote:
> >
> > > I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the
> > > workbooks in my PC.
> > > I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be
> > > available for all the work books.
> > > How to add a custom button?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
> Thanks Dave, I am still not able to get it.
>
> Is there any way to do it in open xml as given in microsoft custom
> fluent UI articles?
> I want the custom tab to available at application (excel) level, to
> all documetns (xls...)
> Is there any article which explains fully?

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
6/19/2008 4:50:06 PM
Hi Dave

The OP must invest time to learn it.
There is no simple copy/paste

We wait for his reply

--

"Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message news:485A8E3E.6ED6266@verizonXSPAM.net...
> Maybe he'll like your site since the author suggested it.  He didn't care for it
> when I suggested it <vbg>.
>
> Ron de Bruin wrote:
>>
>> If you follow the steps on my ribbon page you can do what you want
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
>>
>> If you have problems post back and tell me what you want and where.
>> I will post a example
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>
>> "Yajiv" <yajiv.vijay@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cb4cc5d5-c692-4f1b-a7d1-ad86973ede68@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...
>> On Jun 10, 9:26 pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
>> > If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
>> > site:http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htmhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
>> > addin)
>> > orhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

>> > --
>> >
>> > Dave Peterson
>> Thanks Dave, I am still not able to get it.
>>
>> Is there any way to do it in open xml as given in microsoft custom
>> fluent UI articles?
>> I want the custom tab to available at application (excel) level, to
>> all documetns (xls...)
>> Is there any article which explains fully?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
0
rondebruin (3790)