How refresh imported data automatically?

In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet.  I know I can click Data..
Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more
automated way.

Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something?

Thanks,
Ron

0
rcook (5)
2/15/2006 9:56:12 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Ron,

Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data
Range Properties

Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking
off...

Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell,
refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon.

Beege

"Ronald S. Cook" <rcook@westinis.com> wrote in message
> In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet.  I know I can click Data..
> Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a
> more automated way.
>
> Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

Where is this "Refresh on file open" checkbox, please?

"Beege" <bwgilmanhah@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Ron,
>
> Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data
> Range Properties
>
> Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking
> off...
>
> Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell,
> refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon.
>
> Beege
>

> "Ronald S. Cook" <rcook@westinis.com> wrote in message
>> In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet.  I know I can click Data..
>> Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a
>> more automated way.
>>
>> Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ron

0
rcook (5)
2/15/2006 11:57:00 PM
Nevermind.. found it.

> Where is this "Refresh on file open" checkbox, please?
>

> "Beege" <bwgilmanhah@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Ron,
>>
>> Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data
>> Range Properties
>>
>> Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs
>> checking off...
>>
>> Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell,
>> refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon.
>>
>> Beege
>>

>> "Ronald S. Cook" <rcook@westinis.com> wrote in message
>>> In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet.  I know I can click
>>> Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do
>>> it in a more automated way.
>>>
>>> Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ron

0
rcook (5)

Bulk Import Campaign Response
Hello, I try to import Campaign response to CRM with attribute of customer, but the datatype of this feild is partylist. Anyone know what is the format for partylist in csv file? I know lookup type is "account,{uniqueidentifier key}". Anyone can help? so urgent....many thanks Hi Ray, I am afraid that the regular import will not able to import the party list. If you find a way to do it, please share with everyone. I usually wrote a simple asp.net program to import through the CRM web service. You can try to see if other 3rd party products will do that for you. Darren Liu, Micro...

Entering Numbers with 2 Decimal Places
Hi, I've been using Excel for years, yet this is my first time on this newsgroup. When reconciling my checkbook, I can set my 10-key calculator to 2 decimal places, so that whenever I enter a number, it automatically converts it to dollars and cents. Is there a way to do this in Excel so that I don't have to hit the "." ? Thanks, Bruce Choose Tools>Options On the Edit tab, add a check mark to Fixed Decimals Set the number of places to 2 Click OK Bruce wrote: > Hi, > > I've been using Excel for years, yet this is my first time on this > newsgroup....

Importing Data into Existing Pivot Tables ?
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to *import data into an existin pivot table *(possibly from a excel spreadsheet(refresh) or with query to a Access database table) **I need to do this daily with pivot table if possible ! Thanks in advance ! J -- jman55 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jman559's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2945 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49157 ...

Query: Link data between worksheets?
I'm trying to find a shortcut to save me some time. This is the problem: I'm setting up a master worksheet, and 30 to 40 "slave" worksheets tha need to run off it (all within the same workbook). The slave worksheet all retrieve data from the master. The data is setup to run across i rows (i.e. Row 1 contains 1 record). Each record has an individua identification number entered in column A. Is there a way that I can tell the slave sheets to copy an entire row based purely on the identification number entered in column A? Thanks in advance if anyone can help, as this could ...

Data Validation
Hi all I want to set data validation on a cell so that it will accept the following (and only the following) text strings: (1) "BR" (literally) or (2) "NT" (literally) or (3) "nA" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take any of the values "L", "P", "T", "V" or "Y" or (4) "An" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take either of the values "K" or "D". Is this possible, please, and if so how? thanks -- Return e...

Filtering data on subforms
How can I filter data in a subform? The subform is a datasheet linked to a parent form (field) thanks! Alberto R. On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 22:37:14 -0500, "Alberto Rios" <albertorios1@aol.com> wrote: >How can I filter data in a subform? >The subform is a datasheet linked to a parent form (field) Base the subform on a Query selecting the records you want to see. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Refreshing tab problem
Hi to all, I do not know if anyone can help me on this one. I have a form that contains a tab control with 15 tabs on it, tab 1 contains approx 120 fields, half of them are calulated fields that are being updated on the current event of the form thru a private sub. On the tab control, I have 6 page with 1 subfrm on it, 2 pages with 4, 1 page with either 6,7 or 9 subfrm, very few subs are failry complex but most of them contains less than 25 controls on them. Loading the main form that have the tab control takes less than 1 sec. The pages are program to be loaded on a per demand...

Problem importing customization in virtual machine
Hi there I have a serious problem when it try to import a customization xml to a test environment of crm 3.0. The file has a normal size and is exportet from an nearly identical system whit very few and harmless difference. The upload of the file is no problem and alle the entities are displayed. When i to import all the customization or even a single entity the process starts and it seems to work fine. But it will never come to an end. Even if I way some 24 hour as I did the process will never be finished. When I look at the eventlog i have the following message appearing every 5-10 m...

Automatic Sharing 09-04-06
I want to set up records so they can be automatically shared with a particular team if a flag is set. Is this possible? I need to set it up to be shared with a team as opposed to a business unit as there will be people from different levels and business units involved. Basically, if the user clicks on the "Yes" radio button to set a particular bit, I want to share the record with a team. Am not really sure how lookup's work in terms of just being able to set them, so I guess that's my problem. Also, the team lookup isn't an attribute of the record (for example, Accoun...

excel html user area import
Hello, Im using excel 2007 and having problems with importing html. Problem is that I need to import data from html page which is in user area( username and password protected). So data imports ok, but when I exit saved excel file and then open it again , it can't refresh data because i'm not logged in. How can i solve this problem? Can I add some html form to excel so I can logon with that form, so I can refresh data? Thank you! ...

Important dates Gone
Hi, Went from 2003 to 2004. In 2003 I had money express and my home page show important dates. Via the options the dates are still there. But don't show up any more? Anyone knows how I can fix this? Thanks Jeff ...

Automatically adjust table row height in Publisher
Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working in a table? No... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cdavetype" <cdavetype@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAADE565-0540-4135-B7EF-D6DB4AD01B91@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working > in a table? ...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

get data form cells sequentially
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet i am creating which is giving me some amount o hassle!!! I'm sure it is possible to do this but i just cant figure ou how:- I have one worksheet which has many copies of the same table, eac table is consistantly ontop of the other i.e. first table uses cells A - G10 (a rectangle of cells). The dates i am trying to use are in a pattern of a nine row seperatio i.e. first date is in cell G2, next one is G11, next one G20, and s on. I need to find out how i can make a formula which i could copy whic would grab the date out of these cells in sequence for pl...

Textbox Refresh.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA81A8.50917800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable G'day to all. I have a form that has three textboxes. txt1 and txt = contain values that the user enters.=20 When the value in one textbox changes, I need the third one to contain = the calculated value of the other two. This I can do, after the submit = button is clicked. What I would like is when the user changes the value in txt1, the = calculation is performed and the result is i...

Importing text files into Excel
Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to bring large text files into Excel. The data in the text files is separated by spaces. The spaces that separate the data vary in number. I have tried to replace the spaces with tabs while in Notepad but it takes too long. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Chris Open Excel and create a blank workbook. Then: Data | Get External Data | Import Data (this command might be something like Import Text File, if you are using an older version of Excel). Browse to find your file and click to Import it. Should open up the Text Import Wizard. Make...

how to automatically delete non-contiguous rows
Is it possible to define a large data field then delete non-contiguous rows, like every fifth row, without having to delete each row one at a time? Hi One way to insert a column with a formula and use SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) to delete the rows Test it on a copy of your workbook Sub test1() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myRows As Long Range("A1").EntireColumn.Insert myRows = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count With Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(myRows, 1)) .FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(MOD(ROW(),5)=1,""Keep"","""&...

Merge & Sort Dynamic Lists w/ Data Validation
First off, let me say thanks to the Excel Usenet community that has helped me over and over through these newsgroups. You are phenomenal. Question 1: I need to create a BOTH box that will dynamically pull names from both the "Chicago Office" & "Seattle Office" columns in my sheet. It is extremely preferable to do this without VB Script if possible to avoid the security warnings on opening the sheet. (Our IT department will not budge on this..) Detail: I have two lists of employees. Column A lists the Chicago Office employees. Column B lists the Seattle Office employee...

Outlook Express Imported Email
I've recently imported mail from Outlook express to Outlook 2007. The "From" fied of all the old imported email does not display the email address. It just shows the sends full name. I therefore cannot reply to old email or click on the From field and add the email address to my contacts. Anyone come across this problem before? thanks, "Pryan" <Pryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B86DF03-5BC4-40B3-ADE4-F73674833190@microsoft.com... > I've recently imported mail from Outlook express to Outlook 2007. It's be...

Importing data from an excel file
I have an excel file with contact data for customers. Now I want to import it into CRM 3.0. I use the guide but I am stuck at the manual import i.e. populate CDF at step 5 in the data migration framework application. Do I have to go to the SQL server and select the database and import into the contacts table? I am really sorry for the newbie question.. /Jonas Hi Jonas, You will indeed need to populate the CDF tables. You can do this via several ways of which using SSIS is my personal favorite. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blog...

Automatically import/export workflow
Hello. I'm working on a redeploiment tool for CRM 3.0 pro. I mean a tool to automatically import all customizations (customizations, callouts, workflow, data...) of a CRM to another one. Is there a way to automatically (from a program, not manually) import/export workflow rules ? I know there exist web services for callouts import/export, is there the same for workflow rules. Regards, I don't think so. Workflow import/export is handled by a separate application and cannot be accessed through any of the CRM web services -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

How do I limit labels in chart legend to only a portion of data?
I am hoping to get a chart that includes four lines of data, but with only two of the line labels for the data showing up in the chart legend. The two lines that I want excluded are just straight bars that will include a text box within the chart as their label, but I have run into problems with simply slapping a line on the chart as it does not move around when we scale up or down the two axes. Is there a way to get the legend to only show the label identifiers with only the two sets of data that I want shown? Thank you Hi, The legend displays an entry for each series in the chart....

delete data #2
Hello, we have CRM v3 installed in a test evironment. we have added test data for customers, products. we have created oppurtunities to invoices. we would like to delete all of this data. is there a way to do it without uninsalling and reinstalling the software? cheers, Michael. Try to delete via the UI from Advanced Find. For some of the object (Order, Invoices, Quote, etc.), depending on status some of these records cannot be deleted. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htmTry "Michael P. Lindekugel" wrote:...

Data from non-adjacent cells as input for Linest
Hi, I would like to use data as input for Linest that is in the following cells: known y: A1 to A3, A10 to A12 known x: B1 to B3, B10 to B12 I have the feeling that this is almost answered in the following posts, but I do not understand it: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/fe4463f591797f44/4061a15313417929?lnk=gst&q=linest+#4061a15313417929 Regards, David ...

Import from Mozilla
What is the simplest way to import Mozilla local folders into Outlook/Exchange. This needs to be done on a number of machines, Many Thanks, Marcus Robinson ...