How refresh imported data automatically?

In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet.  I know I can click Data..
Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more
automated way.

Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something?

Thanks,
Ron

0
rcook (5)
2/15/2006 9:56:12 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Ron,

Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data
Range Properties

Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking
off...

Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell,
refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon.

Beege

"Ronald S. Cook" <rcook@westinis.com> wrote in message
> In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet.  I know I can click Data..
> Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a
> more automated way.
>
> Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

Where is this "Refresh on file open" checkbox, please?

"Beege" <bwgilmanhah@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Ron,
>
> Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data
> Range Properties
>
> Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking
> off...
>
> Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell,
> refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon.
>
> Beege
>

> "Ronald S. Cook" <rcook@westinis.com> wrote in message
>> In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet.  I know I can click Data..
>> Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a
>> more automated way.
>>
>> Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ron

0
rcook (5)
2/15/2006 11:57:00 PM
Nevermind.. found it.

> Where is this "Refresh on file open" checkbox, please?
>

> "Beege" <bwgilmanhah@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Ron,
>>
>> Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data
>> Range Properties
>>
>> Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs
>> checking off...
>>
>> Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell,
>> refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon.
>>
>> Beege
>>

>> "Ronald S. Cook" <rcook@westinis.com> wrote in message
>>> In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet.  I know I can click
>>> Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do
>>> it in a more automated way.
>>>
>>> Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ron

0
rcook (5)