how may I copy color of a other cell

Hello,
I  need a function that copy also the full format/color/size of a cell
Example
A1 = USD 12'500.00 (monetary size, 12 fat, blue bottom)
A2 = mon 12.03.2004 (dates, 10 not fat, white bottom)
If in A3 I type: =" A1 " I would like a blue bottom, 12 fat, etc. and
If I type =" A2 " a white bottom, 10 not fat, etc....
Is it possible?
Thank you for any help.

0
pasdespam (3)
9/30/2004 9:56:05 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Thierry,

Maybe you can use the Format Painter.  Select the cell that has the
formatting you wish to copy, and click the Format Painter.  It's a
paintbrush on a button on the Standard toolbar.  Now click the cell that's
to be formatted, and the formatting is copied.  If you double-click the
painter, you can click many cells, applying formatting.  Then turn it back
off by either clicking it again, or pressing Esc.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Thierry" <pasdespam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I  need a function that copy also the full format/color/size of a cell
> Example
> A1 = USD 12'500.00 (monetary size, 12 fat, blue bottom)
> A2 = mon 12.03.2004 (dates, 10 not fat, white bottom)
> If in A3 I type: =" A1 " I would like a blue bottom, 12 fat, etc. and
> If I type =" A2 " a white bottom, 10 not fat, etc....
> Is it possible?
> Thank you for any help.

0
nothanks4548 (968)

VBA to move from one cell to another cell
Hi, Certain cells in a sheet needs to be filled with data. These cells are in successive rows from 10 to 49 Data is filled in cell C10 then F10 after that cell C11 then F11 C12 and F12 until I reach C49 and F49 It is annoying to use the TAB key or the mouse to move to the next cell. Is there a way to move to the next required cell just by pressing enter after filling in the data. i.e. data entered n cell C10 (press enter) go to cell F10, type the data and press enter to go to C11,then F11 ..... One method Unlock columns C and F. Protect the worksheet and use T...

Automate a macros when data in a cell changes (e.g.when using quer
Is there any way that a macro can be activated when the data of a specific cell changes? I assigned a macro to a "check box" button from the Tool Bar "Forms", and used the "cell link" from the "check box" properties, so when the data changes in the cell linked the "check box" is marked and the macro will start. So far, the "check box" gets marked when data changes but the macro doesn't start. The only way the macro starts is when I click in the "check box". Maybe you could use a worksheet event that will fire ...

Want to copy a cell down until it comes to the next nonblank cell, and then take this next nonblank cell until it comes to the next nonblank cell, and so on...
First time post-er, please be patient! I've got an excel spreadsheet which I'm trying to put into a format that's easy to filter. Before I can do that, I've got to clean up the data in one column - I'm bound by how the data dumps from another tool. There are several rows that basically relate to one grouping of information and so in this one column I have a project name (as part of a long string of text defining additional aspects of this project) and then for several rows below that, same column, I have names of people working on this particular project. (The name of th...

text gets cut in cells
when trying enter text in a cell (say the size of a letter for example) the text gets cut; only the cut version is printable, although the formula bar displays the whole text. How can I get all the text displayed in the cell (AND printed)? Cells can only print about 1024 characters, even tho they can contain about 32000 characters. In order to print/see more, use a text box. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "D B Kaufmann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c34401c47a31$9a865ea0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > when trying enter text in a cell (say the size of a >...

printing colors in Publisher XP
Everything I print in Publisher lately has had a green tint to it ,however when I am on someone elses user account from my computer it prints fine. I believe because of this that my settings are messed up on my logon to Publisher XP. How do you reset the color settings for the printing on Publisher XP? Please help. Thank You, ncl_1701 This is a printer setting. Compare your settings with another user's in the printer folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ncl_1701" <ncl1701@discussions.microsoft...

Arrangement of text in a cell
I have text in a cell of my spread sheet. It has last name then first name. Is there a way to re-arrange this so the first name appears first?? Brett -- brettg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ brettg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33879 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=536583 If they are separated by a space: =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "brettg" <brettg.2...

Any Way to change the Blue Color Scheme in Publisher 2007
The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however, Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to change the color scheme in Publisher 2007. Thanks...!!! I wish I could tell you yes but I can't. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message news:%236l4xt8CJHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however, > Publisher does not seem...

Copying a calculator
Hi. I have a home loan calculator that calculates repayments and also shows year by year the amortization. I created this in Excel 2000 and it works fine. When I copy this calculator, it does not copy across all the functions, named ranges etc. This happens even when I used Paste Special. The net effect is that when I try to use the new one and put in the new loan amount, nothing else changes. There are no named ranges etc. The only way I can achieve what I want is to copy the workbook in its entirety and then delete what I don't want. Now I am sure there is a better wa...

How do I copy a pagemaker document into Publisher?
I do a newsletter in Adobe Pagemaker. can I copy it into publisher and start using publisher for my newsletter? glassjj <glassjj@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do a newsletter in Adobe Pagemaker. can I copy it into publisher > and start using publisher for my newsletter? You can try. Are you having particular difficulties with PageMaker? If not, why do you want to switch? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I am learning Frontpage and I want to use the same product name. I find Pagemaker difficult to use sometimes. My thinking...

Cannot backup or copy outlook 2000 pst file, but can open it.
I have an outlook 2000 file. If I try to backup with backrex, copy it or use the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) it reboots the computer. How can I repair this and get a backup. Please remove the .nospam from the email address if responding. Rusty "Rusty" <rburshell.nospam@cox.net> wrote in message news:p82pg1p4ak4bjpeuc6ava0v9n0pifqkpoj@4ax.com > I have an outlook 2000 file. If I try to backup with backrex, copy > it or use the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) it reboots the computer. > > How can I repair this and get a backup. > > Please remove the .nos...

VBA Help:Change Color of Cells
Dear All, How to change the color of cells? I'm confused whether to use range object or cells object. Pls give me example. Thanks Robert Lie Hi Robert, The Cells property returns a range object, so you could, for example, use either of the following equivalent instructions: Range("A1:A10").Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Cells(1, 1).Resize(10).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 --- Regards, Norman "Robert Lie" <robert.lie24@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23vv10TVIGHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > How to change the color of cel...

countif, but only using partial cell contents in the reference array #4
while it doesn't apear to be exact, i extracted the part that was givin the error in Excel, and the cell references have been updated in it t reflect the actual, not the simple i started with... but much thanks, jare -- jared ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jaredh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1553 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27105 To workaround the #VALUE! errors if there are cells within the source range A1:A100 which may not contain any "{", thi...

how do I attach a jpeg to a cell
I am trying to have a button or link in a cell that when clicked will open up a jpeg that is also attached to (part of) the excel file. On 5/17/2010 11:14 AM, Mark wrote: > I am trying to have a button or link in a cell that when clicked will open up > a jpeg that is also attached to (part of) the excel file. How about a hyperlink to a jpg that ISN'T attached to the Excel file? That's easy... Bill ...

2007 Excel Protecting a cell
I found help on this for 2003, but does not work the same for 2007. I want to protect a format in a cell but still allow data entry. How can I do this? -- Linda K Unlock the cells. When you protect the sheet do not allow "Format Cells" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:58:02 -0800, LindaAlex <Lindak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I found help on this for 2003, but does not work the same for 2007. I want >to protect a format in a cell but still allow data entry. How can I do this? That was a easy fix!! Thanks -- Linda K...

Formulas within Cell References #2
I tried to do that but it will not work in the actual cell reference I'm stumped. humejap Wrote: > Have you tried the formula > > =Concatenate("$J$",H1) > > > -- > humejap > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > humejap's Profile > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5506 > View this thread > http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39509 -- jhockstr I missed the original question, but whilst =Concatenate("$J$",H1) will join to give $J$ joined to t...

Copying cells downward on sheet
Is there a way to copy rows and colums down and keep the row height and width the same? no, you can paste column widths but no row heights. you can paste just about anything else but not row heights. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to copy rows and colums down and keep the row height and width >the same? >. > If you want to retain the destination row / column size, select Paste Special | Values from the Edit menu. -- Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/excel "danlinksman" <danlinksman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

conditional formatting of cells based on result in hidden cell
I have a column (Z) that reflects status for each record (rows). I want to have conditional formatting based on the content in column AA (which is hidden - but has the calculations). I have four options that I need to be able to develop a corresponding color for for the cells in Z. My understanding of other code examples that have been posted using Target is that they don't apply to looking at one cell and formatting a different cell. TIA, Papa J Depends on how the code is written: If Target.Column = "A" Then If Target.Value = 1 Then Range(&...

Count of text in cells
I have problem to solve,I have a column with office. The text in the Office cells with be, Office 1@810@NT but I now have a new columm with text in the following format:Test The Cell - Employment cells can contain mutiple values, Test The Cell - Education;Test The Cell - Employment;Test The Cell - Health . These values are separated by a ; NOt only do I need to count each occurance, but I then need to have a count of each one. I can have these values referred to in a cell if that makes it easier. Sorry if I have not been clear Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Ch...

How to remove validation on entering
When i select a cell in Excel Sheet and enter - (dash/minus) sign.After clicking on sheet it will convert the previous cell into a formula (since it takes - as formula for any format selected), indicating cells index. How i validate a cell not to perform the above feature. On pressing tab or enter key will solve the probs for text format but how i validate it for the same i.e. on what event? :confused: -- shiprasharma ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shiprasharma's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27651 Vie...

Desktop color
Using P2003, I changed my display resolution from 800x400 to a higher one, and my screen colors changed, both on my Windows desktop and my Publisher desktop. I can't remember, and couldn't find it in Help, how do I change my desktop within Pub to be something other than white? Control panel, display folder, appearance tab, advanced button. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ladyt" <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message news:ONlxMXLjHHA.1624@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using P2003, I changed m...

Click on graph bar to execute a double-click in a pivot table cell
Excel 2002. I have a group of 6 different stacked bar charts built from parts of a pivot table. Each graph has several bars with each bar having sections for categories "10", "20", "30", "40", and "50". The graphs can be direct linked to the pivot table (as a pivot chart) or linked to an intermediate sheet looksup the data from the pivot table. I want to be able to click (double or single click) on a graph bar or section of a bar and execute the same action (.ShowDetail) that occurs when you double-click on a cell in the pivot table (print th...

Changing folder color?
In Outlook Pro 2003 is there any way of changing folder / subfolder color? Thx :) k Nope -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when mailing) ----- ".::KoperniK::." <jonwlalalalaa@lalalagmx.net> wrote in message news:gYkZb.8774887$Id.14...

How to change font color of a text
hello, i am working with vc++ MFC.i am dealing with the changing of font and color of the text in a file. so i need some help in implementing this. Thanks in advance. yours, Siva Prasad.M To change the text color, you will need to change it for the control that is displaying text. Depending upong the control, you can use OnCtlColor to change the background/foreground color etc. To change font, you can use SetFont() on the control. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Siva Prasad" <siva.almighty@gmail.com> wrote in message news:udOEG3cAFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx...

Show month in different color?
I use excel at work and we have gages that are due calibration. I wanted to know how to put in a formula or something to show each gage that is due in red at the current month. That way when the next month comes the gages due that month are in red and the other months are normal. Use conditional formatting. A1 has the date, B1 has the gage parameter / reading Select B1. Go to format > conditional formatting. Select 'Formula is'. And enter in the box: =MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY()) click on format button and in patterns tab select the red color. Mangesh "OneGoose" <O...

Can you use a hanging indent in an Excel cell?
I am trying to create a list in Excel but some descriptions are lengthly. It would be easier to distinguish between each item if, as a description wraps in the cell, a hangin indent was in place. Hi DBTI Hanging indents no, indents yes To create a hanging indent look alike, type five spaces before your text. "DBTI" wrote: > I am trying to create a list in Excel but some descriptions are lengthly. It > would be easier to distinguish between each item if, as a description wraps > in the cell, a hangin indent was in place. ...