How do you change a field name in 2002 Excel

I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel
program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A,
B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc.

Aarrrrgh.  It can't be THAT difficult! <G>  Using the HELP did nothing
for me thus I am here asking this silly Q.

       AnnE in MN

0
AnnE8312 (43)
5/31/2008 2:05:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You cannot change the Column letters from A, B, C etc.

You can choose to have column and row headers not shown under Tools>Options>View

Enter your titles(names) in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to lock
row 1 in view.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 31 May 2008 09:05:13 -0500, "AnnE" <AnnE@spam.proof.com> wrote:

>I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel
>program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A,
>B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc.
>
>Aarrrrgh.  It can't be THAT difficult! <G>  Using the HELP did nothing
>for me thus I am here asking this silly Q.
>
>       AnnE in MN

0
Gord
> You cannot change the Column letters from A, B, C etc.
>
> You can choose to have column and row headers not shown under
> Tools>Options>View
>
> Enter your titles(names) in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze
> Panes to lock
> row 1 in view.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

Well, how silly.  Could I have made a database with column names first
before I copied and pasted into Excel?  Oh sheesh, guess I could have
tried that first.  It seems to me that with all these "new" programs I
use, I would think it could finally become easier.  lol

       but I am serious.          AnnE in MN who wants the column titles
to show

> On Sat, 31 May 2008 09:05:13 -0500, "AnnE" <AnnE@spam.proof.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel
>>program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A,
>>B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc.
>>
>>Aarrrrgh.  It can't be THAT difficult! <G>  Using the HELP did nothing
>>for me thus I am here asking this silly Q.
>>
>>       AnnE in MN

0
AnnE8312 (43)
5/31/2008 3:32:25 PM
You could have, but that would not change the Column letters.

Gord

On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:32:25 -0500, "AnnE" <AnnE@spam.proof.com> wrote:

> Could I have made a database with column names first
>before I copied and pasted into Excel?

0
Gord
5/31/2008 4:14:31 PM
If  had 2007 could I???   Silly program is I couldn't use the correct
title for the columns

            AnnE

> You could have, but that would not change the Column letters.
>
> Gord
>
> On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:32:25 -0500, "AnnE" <AnnE@spam.proof.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Could I have made a database with column names first
>>before I copied and pasted into Excel?

0
AnnE8312 (43)
5/31/2008 9:45:03 PM
Not in 2007 either.

Go with the hiding of the column and row headers and use row 1 for titles.

Gord

On Sat, 31 May 2008 16:45:03 -0500, "AnnE" <AnnE@spam.proof.com> wrote:

>If  had 2007 could I???   Silly program is I couldn't use the correct
>title for the columns
>
>            AnnE
>

>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>> You could have, but that would not change the Column letters.
>>
>> Gord
>>
>> On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:32:25 -0500, "AnnE" <AnnE@spam.proof.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Could I have made a database with column names first
>>>before I copied and pasted into Excel?

0
Gord
5/31/2008 10:56:38 PM
Can't do that, Gord, as I have a count of 282 in the database.  That
would confuse me if I had 283.  <G>

        AnnE
> Not in 2007 either.
>
> Go with the hiding of the column and row headers and use row 1 for
> titles.
>

> Gord
>
> On Sat, 31 May 2008 16:45:03 -0500, "AnnE" <AnnE@spam.proof.com>
> wrote:
>
>>If  had 2007 could I???   Silly program is I couldn't use the correct
>>title for the columns
>>
>>            AnnE
>>

>>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>>> You could have, but that would not change the Column letters.
>>>
>>> Gord

0
AnnE8312 (43)

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

New Disk storage

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

multiple Domain name delivery problem

How do I use traffic lights in excel

adding name /creating field/query?

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem