How Do I Save a Selected/Highlighted Area to Another File?

I keep running into the need to do this an I simply can't figure out
how to save a marked/highlighted/selected area of a spreadsheet to
another file.  In the latest case a text file.  I know how to save to
a text file, I just don't know how to include only a portion of the
spreadsheet.

jim
0
jimsnews (12)
6/16/2006 3:35:52 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Jim

You cannot save part of a file...all or nothing I'm afraid, so you will need
to copy the range to a new workbook and save that

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"jim evans" <jimsnews@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>I keep running into the need to do this an I simply can't figure out
> how to save a marked/highlighted/selected area of a spreadsheet to
> another file.  In the latest case a text file.  I know how to save to
> a text file, I just don't know how to include only a portion of the
> spreadsheet.
>
> jim

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:28:37 +0100, "Nick Hodge"
<nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS> wrote:

>Jim
>
>You cannot save part of a file...all or nothing I'm afraid, so you will need
>to copy the range to a new workbook and save that

Thanks.

Seems like this would have been of wishlists since Excel began.

jim
0
jimsnews (12)