How do I make "No Header Row" the default in 'Sort Ascending'

I opften sort a range of cells using the Sort Ascending arrow. The
majority of the time the first row dose not sort, and when I got to
Data, sort The "Hesre Row" is ticked.
How do I make the default 'No Header Row' and avoid using Data, Sort

Thanks

DT
0
dtope (4)
8/30/2005 4:48:35 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't think you can set the default for an alternative see the
macros  at   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm#icons
---
HTH,

"D T" <dtope@today.com.au> wrote in message news:euo7h15pjkv692pjpd29m1smemi5elc1i4@4ax.com...
> I opften sort a range of cells using the Sort Ascending arrow. The
> majority of the time the first row dose not sort, and when I got to
> Data, sort The "Hesre Row" is ticked.
> How do I make the default 'No Header Row' and avoid using Data, Sort
>
> Thanks
>
> DT

How do I make the sort default to 'No header rows'
I often sort a range of cells using the sort ascending arrows. Most of the time the first row is not sorted due to Excel assuming that the first row is a header. How do I make the default "No header rows" so that the sort ascending works without having to use Data, Sort I don't know of any way, Ctrl+Z is your friend, so if it doesn't work use Data Sort You could write your own macros, and assign to your own toolbar button http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm Sub SortAscending_NoHeader() Cells.Sort Key1:=ActiveCell, _ Order1:=xlAscending, ...

How do I make "No Header Row" the default in 'Sort Ascending'
I opften sort a range of cells using the Sort Ascending arrow. The majority of the time the first row dose not sort, and when I got to Data, sort The "Hesre Row" is ticked. How do I make the default 'No Header Row' and avoid using Data, Sort Thanks DT I don't think you can set the default for an alternative see the macros at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm#icons --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...