How do I get to print a spreadsheet WITH rows and columns?

I'm making a spreadsheet consisting of all of the vendors I deal with,
my account number, their phone numbers and addresses, and some other
information. I'm not a regular user of EXCEL. When I save and print out
the spreadsheet it has no vertical and horizontal lines for the rows
and columns. How do I get to print the spreadsheet with those lines?

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Adjust your "page setup"  under File | Page Set up | Sheet | Gridlines ...

Check the Gridlines box.

Dejola wrote:
> I'm making a spreadsheet consisting of all of the vendors I deal with,
> my account number, their phone numbers and addresses, and some other
> information. I'm not a regular user of EXCEL. When I save and print out
> the spreadsheet it has no vertical and horizontal lines for the rows
> and columns. How do I get to print the spreadsheet with those lines?
>
> Thanks

0
ps144nyc (65)
11/4/2006 4:53:18 PM

Dejola wrote:
> I'm making a spreadsheet consisting of all of the vendors I deal with,
> my account number, their phone numbers and addresses, and some other
> information. I'm not a regular user of EXCEL. When I save and print out
> the spreadsheet it has no vertical and horizontal lines for the rows
> and columns. How do I get to print the spreadsheet with those lines?
>
> Thanks

0
ps144nyc (65)
11/4/2006 4:54:04 PM
Sorry I am using 2000 so it might be different in your version
File>Print Preview> Setup Button on the top. Page Set-up dialog window opens
select the Sheet tab, then the Print Gridlines checkbox.

"Dejola" <johnandjanet@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm making a spreadsheet consisting of all of the vendors I deal with,
> my account number, their phone numbers and addresses, and some other
> information. I'm not a regular user of EXCEL. When I save and print out
> the spreadsheet it has no vertical and horizontal lines for the rows
> and columns. How do I get to print the spreadsheet with those lines?
>
> Thanks

0
trennemo (1)
11/4/2006 4:58:32 PM
Thanks all. Simple enough when you know how :-)

On Nov 4, 11:32 am, "Dejola" <johnandja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm making a spreadsheet consisting of all of the vendors I deal with,
> my account number, their phone numbers and addresses, and some other
> information. I'm not a regular user of EXCEL. When I save and print out
> the spreadsheet it has no vertical and horizontal lines for the rows
> and columns. How do I get to print the spreadsheet with those lines?
>
> Thanks

Creating a sub report with variable number of fields to print
Good morning I would like to create a report that includes a subreport. Situation: - I have a Table T1 - I created a Xtab query 1 and a Xtab query 2 to extract informations from the T1 table (sum of a field f1 by day of the week: Sun, Mon, Tue...) - I created a selection query SQ1 that grabs all the data from Xtab queries 1 and 2 (sum of a field f2 by day of the week) - Sub report is for data gathered in the selction query SQ1 My problem is that the number of fields returned by SQ1 may vary (1 week i have totals for Mon thru Fri and another week I could have sums for Mon thru Sun). I w...

Get Help with Microsoft Office From Paid Experts!!\
Hi Everyone, My name is Richard Day. I have just launched my new Online Consulting Firm. My firm does something that has never been done before - Bring Computing Experts and customers together online, in a cost-effective one-on-one environment. The environment of the firm is based around a forum. The forum style allows users to browse the questions and answers of other members of the forums before you ask your own questions. Please Visit us at www.TheEnterKey.com. We currently offer expert help in the following fields: - WEB LANGUAGES (HTML & XHTML, Javascript, XML, CSS, Perl, PHP...

Printing in tiling mode
I cannot get the front to back option turned off in publisher in order to print a large size document from my HP printer Any suggestions? This I believe is a printer setting. Open Printer & Fax folder, right-click your printer, click printer preference, general tab, printing preference button, layout options, page order. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Teresa" <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0823F46-249C...

how to delete rows based on duplicate information in a column
Is there a way (beside writing a macro) to delete if you have identical entries in a column and you want to keep only one copy of that row. For e.g. A B C 1 2 3 1 4 5 Since there are Two 1's in A i only want to keep one copy of that row. Thanks in advace for help, -- albertpinto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ albertpinto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9370 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=546032 albertpinto wrote: > Is there a way (beside writing...

Word 2007 printing problem
I'm printing a page of labels on a color printer and they are printing in black and white. Every other Word 2007 document that I print there prints in color. Do you know what I did to the labels that would make them print in black and white? -- Janet M. Take a look at the Printer Properties in the File>Print dialog. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Janet M" <JanetM@discussions.microsoft...

How to select one record of each from a column
Hello, I have a large worksheet with data. Here are the columns (a, b & c): Order # Employee Hrs. 1000 Mike 2 2000 Mike 1 1000 Paul 2 3000 Rose 3 8000 Mike 1 3000 Mike 2 1000 Rose 1 4000 Paul 1 7000 Jhon 3 5000 Rose 2 1000 Jhon 3 6000 Mike 1 9000 Mike 3 1000 Mike 2 Is there a formula to select only one of each record on "Order #" (column a) and put them on another column (column d)??? Once the formula is created, column d should look like this: 1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000 8000 9000 Help ...

my spreadsheet has cancer
My workbook has several pull-down "combo" boxes on one of the sheets. Whenever I hit the "un-do" button on another sheet within the workbook, one or more values and formats from the pull-down boxes appears automactically (just pastes itself) on the wrong sheet and corrupts the cell upon which it over-writes. I can copy over the corrupted cell, but that won't keep the circumstance from happening again. It is difficlut to use several of the sheets now because of this "cancer" which is spreading around. The file is pretty big, maybe 3MB. There are se...

Changing column names
Can the columns be named ( changing the A B C etcto the months of the year? Cathy No. The column headings are either A,B,C or 1,2,3. You can hide them though, and use Row 1 as your column header row. Then you use whatever you want for the column headers. HTH Otto "Cathy S" <Cathy S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6DB1DB3-7ED9-4AAD-8395-E9754DCEBA2C@microsoft.com... > Can the columns be named ( changing the A B C etcto the months of the > year? ...

How do I get the window state (maximised, minimised)?
Hello, I one of my function I do the following: ShowWindow(windowHandle, SW_RESTORE); SetForegroundWindow(windowHandle); However this will set the the window to it's default value when it is maximised. How do I get the current state of windows? So if it's maximised I want to do: ShowWindow(windowHandle, SW_MAXIMIZE); and if it is minimised I will do: ShowWindow(windowHandle, SW_RESTORE); Thanks, /wes "wesley" <wes@inthemix.com.au> wrote in message news:OGSkxZ0JEHA.2692@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I one of my function I do the following: &g...

Printing
We are still using Dynamics 6.0. All of a sudden when we print our checks there are a couple of fields that are not showing on the stub and another appears out of order. What is strange is when I choose to print to the screen first the check looks fine. First we thought it might be the printer or the printer driver but we used a newer driver first, then just switch printers entirely and the checks were still messed up the same way. I went into the report customization screen to check the "Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical" report and it is in the modified column...

DIV/0 ERROR
Hi, Normally, I use the formula (EXAMPLE): =IF(ISERROR(G12/G11*1000),"",G12/G11*1000) In this way I prevent the error to appear. The problem is that somebody sent me a very big Excel file with plenty of DIV Errors, therefore I am asking how I can apply my formula to all of them in one go. Certainly, I cannot do this cell by cell and I am sure there is a "batch" process I can use. Thanks for your help Alex See the answer posted to your question in the programming newsgroup. Doria/Warris wrote: > Hi, > Normally, I use the formula (EXAMPLE): > =IF(ISERROR(G12/G...

shade every other row, automatically
Two question: 1. I want my excel spreadsheet to shade every other row automatically? 2. When I use filter, can the excel re-shade every other ro automatically? Regards, NYBo -- NYBo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NYBoy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=836 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46965 From a post by Tom Ogilvy: http://tinyurl.com/dsu87 " If the hidden rows are cause by applying a filter then this formula will work: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$1:A1),2)=0 Select ...

Big problem with large spreadsheet.
I have a workbook that is 25mb and the first sheet is an Invoice template that has sequential numbering, all the info on the Invoice sheet is imported from the other sheets in the work book, as each invoice is individual and I want to be able save and update during the day, it is not practical to keep saving numerous 25mb work books, (I will rewrite it differently in the future) but does any one have a quick fix for now, to help get round this problem. Can you edit|move or copy sheet (select copy) to a new workbook Then convert all the formulas to values and then save that version???...

How do I fix column widths in Excel Pivot Tables?
How do I fix column widths in Excel Pivot Tables so that width does not change with each refresh? If your pivot table is already created, select a cell within the table and click on the Pivot Table Wizard Button. Select the Options button, deselect the AutoFormat option box and select the Preserve Formatting option box. If just creating your pivot table, at step 3 of 3 of the wizard click the Options button and do as above. Note: when formatting the table, if you have any categories in the "Page" section, make sure it is set to "All" and not filtered otherwise it ke...

comparing columns in two workbooks
someone may be able to help, may not. My problem is this: I've been given two spraedsheets with employee info on. I have to lis the employees that do not appear on both sheets. How can I compare th two sheets by way of the employeeID to produce a report on who' missing from both? Any help more than gratefully recieved.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther for tagging these entries -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "richiemac >" <<richiemac.19la4x@excelforum-nospam.com>...

How can I get negative percentages with parentheses?
When a formula returns a negative percentage, the result is formatted as "-49%". Is there any format in Excel 2002 that allows for it to be formatted "(49%)"? How about a custom format of: _(0%_);(0%);_(0%_);@ The _( and _) just reserve room for the ( and ). Then the numbers line up nicely. positive;negative;0;text is the order of that formatting string. dcoffman32 wrote: > > When a formula returns a negative percentage, the result is formatted as > "-49%". Is there any format in Excel 2002 that allows for it to be formatted > "(49%)"...

Changing just one cell each time I print
I am using Excel 2000. I need to print one sheet multiple times and change one cell on that sheet each time it prints. Example: I need to print my sheet 50 times, cells J1.J50 contain a list of numbers 001,002,003,123,456 etc. (This column does not print) I need to copy cell J1 into cell A1 - then print my worksheet, Then I need to copy cell J2 into cell A1 and print the worksheet, Then I need to copy cell J3 into cell A1 and print the worksheet You get the idea. Each time I print the worksheet I need a different number in cell A1 because I am using VLOOKUP to fill in cells in the workshe...

Ambiguous Name Detected: TmpDDE when trying to print from Outlook 2003
I have been trying to print an email attachment in Outlook with the email message (not opening the attachment). This is directly from the Inbox list (email is not open either). The error I am receiving is Ambiguous Name Detected: TmpDDE in a message box with the title Microsoft Visual Basic. any ideas would be helpful regards mark ...

how do i get the words to stay in its own column?
I am a new excel user and i have to have a speadsheet for work tomorrow done. My problem is that I need to make a chart that contains a heading at the top, 4 columns underneth , and about 6 rows and i need for the informations that i put into the columns to stay in that column with out carring over to the next column. Can someone please help. Select the cell that you've typed in, then click Format on the menu bar when the menu opens, click Cells, when the dialog box opens, click the Alignment Tab and the click the Wrap Text box to place a check mark in it. "ldennis" wr...

Cannot print from GP
Hi We are getting following error message when user tries to print. The stored procedure glpBatchCleanup returned the following result DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 20820 We are running GP 8.0 in user workstation. This GP has worked in the past and recently error pops up. This user workstion is the following: Server: SQL Server GP version: 8.00g44 Dexterity: 8.00m079 DB server is running on MS Server 2000 8.00.760.(intel 86) also following error occurs in user workstation event log. Event Type: Error Event Source: Dexterity Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 4...

How do I Concatenate Multiple rows in one row? Help
I'm new to Access, this is the sample table IDCODE NAME 267 MIKE 267 JOHN 267 K 268 DEBBY 268 JAY 269 MARTHA 269 KENNEDY 269 G 269 JOY 269 V i want to sort them in one row. the result shoul be 267 MIKE JOHN K 268 DEBBY JAY 269 MARTHA KENNEDY G JOY V PLEASE HELP THANKS Weblink, watch for line breaks: http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Generic%20Function%20To%20Concatenate%20Child%20Records' This is Duane Hookom's Concatenate function. Cheers,...

How do I create a single template that will process multiple rows of data?
I want to do something that is easy to do in Microsoft Access, which I no longer have, but I don't know how to do it in Excel. I want to be able to take a rows of data and output them using a single template (not sure of the right word). E.g.: The data in worksheet 1 is this: A B C 1 Jim Hart 123 Main Street 123-4567 2 Joe Smith 456 State Street 234-5678 3 John Brown 789 Elm Street 345-6789 How do I create a single template in worksheet 2 that takes the above data and outputs the data arranged like a rolodex card without hav...

How to reverse column values in excel?
I have values in a column like: 546 3242 54 5645 257 245 1565 i Want to make them in reverse order as : 1565 245 257 5645 54 3242 546 Can any one help me... Try the below formula and copy down as required =INDEX($A$1:$A$7,ROWS($A$1:$A$7)-ROW(A1)+1) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Denish D" wrote: > I have values in a column like: > > 546 > 3242 > 54 > 5645 > 257 > 245 > 1565 > > > i Want to make them in reverse order as : > > 1565 > 245 > 257 > 5645 > 54 > 3242 > ...

how do you calculate a column of numbers
Hello, I need to add a column of numbers from A1 to A20. What formula do I use? =sum(a1:a20) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Jazzy1980" <Jazzy1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F2BADCE-22CD-4D90-A664-FC2E0DE854B6@microsoft.com... > Hello, I need to add a column of numbers from A1 to A20. What formula do I use? ...

Getting rid of newline chars
Hi All, I have an Access database where 2 of the fields contain text, 1 is a description field and the other is a comments field. Somehow some of the records contain LF/CR's in the middle of those fields. This means that when I export the table as CSF to a text file the newline chars are seen as the start of another record which screws up the whole export. Short of editing by hand more than 10 000 records how can I get rid of them ? I've tried exporting as CSF, Excel etc and nothing seems to get rid of them. Can anyone help ? Thanks, John. Assuming you're using Access 2000 ...