How do I get rid of all of the blank pages?

Firstly, I am a Newb with Excel.  I know how to do basic sorting an
what not, but I havn't ever done anything with marcos.

I have a document that has 9 pages of data, and then 25 pages of blan
cells.  I have tried highlighting all of the blank stuff and clickin
on the delete rows button, and I have tried going to edit and delet
with it as well.  I know that I can just hightlight everything I wan
and do a print selection, but it seems like I shouldn't have to

--
stkelly5
stkelly52's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3351

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

SAVE! after deleting the rows

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> Firstly, I am a Newb with Excel.  I know how to do basic sorting and
> what not, but I havn't ever done anything with marcos.
>
> I have a document that has 9 pages of data, and then 25 pages of blank
> cells.  I have tried highlighting all of the blank stuff and clicking
> on the delete rows button, and I have tried going to edit and delete
> with it as well.  I know that I can just hightlight everything I want
> and do a print selection, but it seems like I shouldn't have to.
>

> --
> stkelly52
> stkelly52's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33519
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533073

0
dguillett1 (2487)
4/14/2006 11:24:22 PM
And if that doesn't work, Save As to itself.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> SAVE! after deleting the rows
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "stkelly52" <stkelly52.26a1vb_1145056804.649@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
> message news:stkelly52.26a1vb_1145056804.649@excelforum-nospam.com...
> >
> > Firstly, I am a Newb with Excel.  I know how to do basic sorting and
> > what not, but I havn't ever done anything with marcos.
> >
> > I have a document that has 9 pages of data, and then 25 pages of blank
> > cells.  I have tried highlighting all of the blank stuff and clicking
> > on the delete rows button, and I have tried going to edit and delete
> > with it as well.  I know that I can just hightlight everything I want
> > and do a print selection, but it seems like I shouldn't have to.
> >

> > --
> > stkelly52
> > stkelly52's Profile:
> > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33519
> > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533073

hi: stkelly52

I have a easy way to get ride of all blank cells.
If you have all blank cells in one pages, you can do following

1. Ctrl+A
2. Ctrl+G
3. select click "special" in pop up window
4. check select "blanks"
5. right click "delete"
6 you can select delete cells or entire row.

stkelly52 wrote:
> Firstly, I am a Newb with Excel.  I know how to do basic sorting and
> what not, but I havn't ever done anything with marcos.
>
> I have a document that has 9 pages of data, and then 25 pages of blank
> cells.  I have tried highlighting all of the blank stuff and clicking
> on the delete rows button, and I have tried going to edit and delete
> with it as well.  I know that I can just hightlight everything I want
> and do a print selection, but it seems like I shouldn't have to.
>

> --
> stkelly52
> stkelly52's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33519
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533073

0
eddie2002 (12)
4/15/2006 1:49:16 AM
hi: stkelly52

Your question is about deleting pages, not cells, so previous responses
have missed the mark.

Backup your file before deleting sheets, because these steps cannot be
undone. (otherwise make sure you don't save the file if it doesn't give
what you want)

To delete a single sheet, use the right-mouse button on your mouse to
click on the sheet tab at the bottom of the page.  From the menu which
appears, select delete sheet.

To delete multiple sheets, highlight these sheets first by holding the
ctrl key while you click on the sheet tabs with the left mouse button,
then follow the instructions in the previous paragraph.

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32690

Methinks that you missed the vague point. OP probably meant pages with view
set to "page break preview". Read it again.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> hi: stkelly52
>
> Your question is about deleting pages, not cells, so previous responses
> have missed the mark.
>
> Backup your file before deleting sheets, because these steps cannot be
> undone. (otherwise make sure you don't save the file if it doesn't give
> what you want)
>
> To delete a single sheet, use the right-mouse button on your mouse to
> click on the sheet tab at the bottom of the page.  From the menu which
> appears, select delete sheet.
>
> To delete multiple sheets, highlight these sheets first by holding the
> ctrl key while you click on the sheet tabs with the left mouse button,
> then follow the instructions in the previous paragraph.
>

> --
> John James
> John James's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32690
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533073

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Page Set-Up
I usually make prints using B4 paper. I set up the page margins at .3 inches. When I layout a page, I always make sure the content is inside the margins, and until now everything has been fine. Now, in some of my files even if a text box or image is aligned exactly on right hand margin, it prints about an inch from the right edge of the paper instead of .3 inches. In fact, I can place an image or text box exactly on the edge of the paper, or even place it so it appears to be extending off the paper onto the scratch area, and it still prints. Less than 3 weeks ago, I did a clean instal...

How do I get rid of the "you have 1 email message" on Log on scree
My log on screen shows I have 1 email message in outlook. I can not find any unread emails and cannot get rid of the message. There's a registry edit you can do to eliminate this notification. You can also use tweakUI to change that setting. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm "Spiknfan" <Spiknfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9FA565E-46D5-4016-9666-FA4813BE61C4@microsoft.com... > My log on screen shows I have 1 email message in outlook. I can not find > any > unread emails and cannot get rid of the message. Thank ...

referencing a blank cell
I'm trying to write a logic statement that says "if this field is blank, then "error". How do I reference the "blank" field in the formula? Try =IF(ISBLANK(A1),"error","") >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to write a logic statement that says "if this field is blank, then "error". How do I reference the "blank" field in the formula? >. > Hi something like =IF(ISBLANK(A1),"ERROR","No Error") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dbord wrote: > I'm tryin...

How do I remove blank rows in Excel?
I am using Excel which came in Office XP bundle. I'm sure it's a really dumb question, but how do I completely remove empty rows from a sheet. I have a sheet with 60 rows that contain data, but is has over 65,000 rows with no data that I'm not sure how to delete. I've tried highlighting and deleting them, but it just clears any data in them, so I'm stuck with a sheet thats about 2mb instead of a few Kb. Help!!! You can not delete them, you can hide them if you don't want to see the rows, I don't think the empty rows are whats causing the large file size, a blan...

I am trying to print an envelope and it comes out blank, why?
I am trying to print an envelope and it comes out blank, why? Are you out of black ink? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "just me" <just me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:505C33C5-F731-4549-BBA6-52DBC34A1C1B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print an envelope and it comes out blank, why? Some printers e.g. Lexmark use a composite colour to create the black text on envelopes. If there is a problem with the colour (as opposed to black) printing the envelope ma...

How to get cell background color
Hi All How to get cell background color by Formula ? just in A2 input formula to get A1 background color. Excel 2003 moonhkt Use the following UDF: Public Function BColor(r As Range) As Long BColor = r(1).Interior.ColorIndex End Function User Defined Functions (UDFs) are very easy to install and use: 1. ALT-F11 brings up the VBE window 2. ALT-I ALT-M opens a fresh module 3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window If you save the workbook, the UDF will be saved with it. To remove the UDF: 1. bring up the VBE window as above 2. clear the code out 3. close the VBE wi...

how can i right click on file name and not get "customize ribbon"
I wish to be able to right click and get file menu and now only get "customize ribbon" menu. Please advise (excel and word 2007, windows 7) "ROY S JOHNSON" wrote: > I wish to be able to right click and get file menu and now only get > "customize ribbon" menu. Please advise (excel and word 2007, windows 7) "ROY S JOHNSON" wrote: > I wish to be able to right click and get file menu and now only get > "customize ribbon" menu. Please advise (excel and word 2007, windows 7) I AM ANSWERING MY OWN QUESTION....

populated sheet, saved blank
On a Win2000 network, with Win98 and Win2000 clients and different versions of Office installed, a group of people work on an excel spreadsheet throughout the day. Never at the same time though. Each one save their additions to the file. At the end of the day the file is empty! This doesn't happen all the time but enough to bug us. Any ideas? Hi Tony, Is everyone using the same version of Excel or do the Win2k machine have a newer version than the 98 ones ? You also might want to check who edited the file last (your IT peopl can do this) to see if the issue is PIBCAK. If the...

Document setup alternating pages
How to set up one document with legal and letter pages alternating? I'm using Publisher 2003 and wish the first page to be on letter paper, the second on legal etc. Jacques wrote: > How to set up one document with legal and letter pages alternating? > I'm using Publisher 2003 and wish the first page to be on letter > paper, the second on legal etc. This is not an option. You would need to setup a second publication for the other paper size. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warrant...

How do I delete pages?
I made a spreadsheet that is 6 pages long. However, I accidently set something on the down arrow and scrolled down a LOT. Now, the spreadsheet still takes up only 6 pages, but when i print the document, it shows that it is 50 pages long! I know how to go in and limit my printing to pages 1-6, but other people have access to this document, and I don't want them to end up with 50 pages of empty cells if they're not paying enough attention. How can I delete these extra pages? Once the page range is setup and saved, it's there for the next user to print by just clicking the pri...

Page numbering #20
Hi Using 2007 Is it possible to number the first few pages of a booklet I, ii iii, etc & the rest 1, 2, 3, If so, how do I do that please? -- Martin ���� Select the page, Insert, section, start section with this page, select i,ii,iii format, check start at type the page number you want the format to start. >> Insert--page numbers. Do the same for the next section. You might need to create a new blank master page (b) and apply to the cover. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:ctmjd55avbmmvn68rmlc6nvu2teg4s4cld@4ax....

Invalid Page oleaut32.dll
Money 2001 causes an invalid page at OLEAUT32.DLL everytime I open Money to access MyMoney. It even happens when I take the MyMoney file to my other computers. Help! In microsoft.public.money, TA wrote: >Money 2001 causes an invalid page at OLEAUT32.DLL >everytime I open Money to access MyMoney. > >It even happens when I take the MyMoney file to my other >computers. Now THAT'S weird. Guess I would try salv.exe. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274584&Product=mny ...

60 page file, in magazine format, pages are reversing.
Hey I created a mock up magazine, and there are about 60 pages. When I converted it to PDF, it turned in 30 pages, and in those 30 pages they doubled two pages into ONE page and THOSE pages were from complete opposite ends of the magazine. I want to read from start to finish like a magazine, 1, 2-3, 4-5, and so on and so fourth and the last page would be 60. This is kind of important, so if you could help me in any way I'd appreciate it. Sounds like you created your project in booklet form. If you print out the file it will assemble in the correct order. -- ...

How can I make a 3-page leaflet using Publisher 2003?
How can I make a 3-page leaflet using Publisher 2003? What size? A folded document? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D93A460-A9AE-4ED6-AB93-53A06DC85292@microsoft.com... > How can I make a 3-page leaflet using Publisher 2003? Phil When you open Publisher, do you not see a large panel on the left of the screen that has the heading 'Publications for print'?.. If you don't, click on FILE - NEW, then click on Publication to...

"~^*" Get Rich
Your own web based business FREE! the products are in BIG demand and commissions can be up to 80%. Nothing to pay now - NOTHING TO PAY EVER. Get your business now - FREE! http://www.cashring.com/?id=wil1194 oo8TMIa0KL'l=9Brwf(h ...

Accepting Blank Cells
I have created a Receipt log on one workbook, which references another workbook using the index match formula. The index match formula seems to work as long as what I am indexing has text in the cell. If however, the index portion is blank and the match portion has writing then it will spit out a zero. Is there any way that my formula can spit out a blank cell, if what is indexed is blank? I just dont want a zero or any other error to pop up. My formula is below: =INDEX('Check Receipt Log'!D3:D476,MATCH(RECEIPT!D8,'Check Receipt Log'!B3:B476,0)) -- snoopy ------------...

Form Opens Blank/Appears as if Filter Applied
Hi, I have an access app in v2007, deployed via the runtime. I have initially installed on 2 machines, both running xp with all sp's/updates applied, and both running office 2003. On one machine, everything works fine, on the other all forms open correctly bar one. When one particular form opens(it is made up of a main & continuous forms subform), the form appears blank; only the field labels appear in the header of the main form. The result is what you would expect if you applied a form filter which returned no records, the sub form does not display at all. On the ot...

Hows do I get rhe recently usef file indicator in options to work
I cannot get the gray area in general options to highlite. I would like to have all of my recently used file to come up. Have you installed tweakui in windows, if you have turned off document list there is no file list in excel either http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284896&Product=xl2003 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "bubblehead" <bubblehead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0062631-654E-49A7-8B7C-B276DD296EB3@microsoft.com... >I cannot get the gray area in general options to highlite. I would like t...

Can web page run an addin?
I'm interested to know if Excel can be automatically opened via a web page having an xla extension and auto run run its code (as it possible with an xls extension). And likewise as an inline email (I don't mean attachment). In XL2000 I can set my security level to Medium or High, and check the "Trust all installed add-ins and templates". This way I get workbook macro protection but my useful addins can run without annoying warnings. I'm happy to do this on the understanding that it's only me who can control whether or not to run any addin. But do I understan...

Excel 2003 printing problem--printing 1 document on 2 pages
Hi All!! I looked through the printing probs section and didn't see anything like this....but I KNOW someone will be able to help with this. We have a legal size spreadsheet with .7 left/right margins----it prints fine for most of us....but I just emailed it to one of our branches and it prints on 2 pages---half left and half right.... I spoke with the person trying to print this and we went through her page set-ups and they all seem to be fine....her printer set-up also seems to be correct....ANY ideas as to why this would happen and how I can walk her through (over the ph...

have 1 desktop can't get mail connection no smtp
OK folks I have been posing questions for over a week with no solutions working. I will attempt to be as complete as possible with all items 4 computers total on system. #1 my desktop. this is the one with the problem. It’s current symptoms are described below, some command line tests show the following: a. I can ping www.yahoo.com and the ip address 66.94.230.45 and they get through fine. b. I have not web browsing ability and have tried the internet connection wizard a bunch of times c. I can successfully ping what my router, the gateway IP (I think), and they seem ok d. I can us...

how to get the Video Device Frame Name not use DirectShow ?
I want get the Video Device Frame Name ,but i can't use DirectX , how can i do ? VFW or Windows Register ? if we use the register , what key is it and if all the same key of all OS ? (98,2000,XP) thanks enlone ...

Why are we suddenly today getting tons of junk e-mails on Outlook
This has not happened before. Today is the first time we are getting tons of junk mail on Outlook. Why? I am not getting this same behavior? What are your environmentals? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mila asked: | This has not happened before. Today is the first time we are getting | tons of junk mail on Outlook. Why? =?Utf-8?B?TWlsYQ==?= wrote in news:F61CB3CB-D1BD-4AD4-AE30-FFAB85BB63D7@microsoft.com...

Getting ACL of "Main-Folder"
Hi, i want to get the ACLs of the Main-Folder of an OUtlook-Account with MAPI and VB6. With Main-Folder I mean the "Outlook-Today" Folder. There you can set although Permissions in Outlook (for example: You set your Default-Right under the main-Folder visible, so the other can add your mailbox to their outlook and edit Calender..) I'm still trying to work with that Const CdoDefaultFolderTotal = 9 but it's not possible to get this folder. I'm already familiar with the "MAPI-Thing" and i can read and change many things...i only need the right folder name or...

Get the sum value for every worksheet
Let say I got more than 20 worksheets in a workbook. In B2 of Sheet1, I want a sum value of A1 in every worksheet. Insteed of add up with '+' sheet by sheet. Any faster way for it? It's good practice to insert a sheet called Start before the first 'real' sheet and a sheet called End after the last 'real' sheet, then use a formula like =SUM(Start:End!A1) to get your result. This will add A1 values in ALL sheets between the Start and End sheets - that way you can insert or delete sheets between Start & End and the formula will still work. Rgds, ScottO "Kelv...