How do I change dd/mm/yy to dd-month-yy?

I use Excel 2003.

I enter 10/12/08 in a cell wanting it to mean 10 December 2008.

However, when I change its format to 14-Mar-01 United States Locale or
to 14 March 2001 United Kingdom Locale it displays 12-Oct-08 and 12
October 2008 respectively.

What do I have to do to change dates entered as dd/mm/yy to dd-month-
yy?

Regards,

Jan Nordgreen
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Change your date settings in Windows, Control Panel

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"damezumari" <jannordgreen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I use Excel 2003.
>
> I enter 10/12/08 in a cell wanting it to mean 10 December 2008.
>
> However, when I change its format to 14-Mar-01 United States Locale or
> to 14 March 2001 United Kingdom Locale it displays 12-Oct-08 and 12
> October 2008 respectively.
>
> What do I have to do to change dates entered as dd/mm/yy to dd-month-
> yy?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Nordgreen

0
nicolaus (2022)
11/6/2008 3:51:30 PM
You need to change your regional settings in windows, you have US settings
meaning you have

mm/dd/yy whereas UK has dd/mm/yy formatting the cell won't change that and
as long as
you are using US settings you need to enter it like 12/10/08 for December
10th 2008

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"damezumari" <jannordgreen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I use Excel 2003.
>
> I enter 10/12/08 in a cell wanting it to mean 10 December 2008.
>
> However, when I change its format to 14-Mar-01 United States Locale or
> to 14 March 2001 United Kingdom Locale it displays 12-Oct-08 and 12
> October 2008 respectively.
>
> What do I have to do to change dates entered as dd/mm/yy to dd-month-
> yy?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Nordgreen

0
peo.sjoblom (169)
11/6/2008 3:55:05 PM
And you'll have to re-enter your existing dates or use a formula to convert
them. Anyway, they don't mean what you intended them to mean when entered.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Change your date settings in Windows, Control Panel
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "damezumari" <jannordgreen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I use Excel 2003.
>>
>> I enter 10/12/08 in a cell wanting it to mean 10 December 2008.
>>
>> However, when I change its format to 14-Mar-01 United States Locale or
>> to 14 March 2001 United Kingdom Locale it displays 12-Oct-08 and 12
>> October 2008 respectively.
>>
>> What do I have to do to change dates entered as dd/mm/yy to dd-month-
>> yy?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jan Nordgreen

0
nicolaus (2022)
11/6/2008 4:05:05 PM
Thank you! I changed it and now it works like I want it to.

Regards,

Jan Nordgreen
On Nov 6, 10:11=A0pm, damezumari <jannordgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you! I changed it and now it works like I want it to.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Nordgreen

You can use select the column / rows > right click> location > change
it as per requirement (US/UK etc) and pick the desired one from the
type.
Read his original question, he wants to enter Dec 12 2008 as
10/12/08 then it doesn't matter how you format the cells. You need
to change the settings in windows control panel

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

You can use select the column / rows > right click> location > change
it as per requirement (US/UK etc) and pick the desired one from the
type.

0
peo.sjoblom (169)

file format needs to be changed
I have an excel file which comprises of a template for Identity card with a jpg file embedded in it. I would like to save this file in a jpeg format so as to get a photo printout of the same. How is this possible? If you scan the document, that would put the file into an image format. Then you could convert the file to whatever image file format you wanted. Just a thought... Highlight the area you want printed then hold SHIFT key and select Edit>Copy Picture. Open your favorite graphics editor or MS Paint and paste to there. Save as *.jpg Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Jun 200...

Form event not firing on change
I am using a pop-up calendar form that is called from my main form. GotFocus and MouseDown events on the main form are calling the popup calendar. Once a day has been selected the last thing that happens is the originating control (the date field on my main form) is being set to the value of the date selected. This method does not fire the Change, BeforeUpdate, nor AfterUpdate events. I have looked at RaiseEvent, but the statement that is setting the value of the originating control is in calendar form module not the main form module. I also tried putting the onupdate code in a...

IE7 changes image MIME type
Trying to upload a PNG or JPG image to a website fails. IE7 has changed the MIME types from image/jpeg to image/pjpeg and image/png to image/x-png, neither of which is accepted by the site. (a) Why does IE do this? (b) Can I stop it from doing this? I read at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms775147(VS.85).aspx When uploading files from the client to the Web server, Windows Internet Explorer uses FindMimeFromData to determine a MIME type. Where possible, FindMimeFromData returns hard-coded values from the list of Known MIME Types rather than relying on the MIME typ...

Month lookup with multiple years
I have a spreadsheet which derives project milestone dates. Within our company=92s process, there is a monthly meeting where the agenda deadline is the 1st Thursday of every month. In order to derive the first meeting that the project can be discussed, I have used the following formula: =3DWORKDAY(IF((AD15)>=3D((LOOKUP(MONTH(AD15),B69:F92,F69:F92))),(LOOKUP (MONTH(AD15)+1,B69:F92,F69:F92)),(LOOKUP(MONTH (AD15),B69:F92,F69:F92)))-1,1) Here, AD15 is the date where everything is ready for the meeting (which can be any time in the month), B69:F92 is a range of date- related columns* and F69:...

Change search for products
Is there a way to customize CRM so that when you search for products it searches by product id and not name? I'm referring to the "Find Products" function on the product screen. My client knows the id better than the name. Thanks! The Find Products function is not customizable. Unfortunately you cannot change it. Kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "John" wrote: > Is there a way to customize CRM so that when you search for products it > searches by product id and not name? > > I'm referring to the "Find Products" funct...

Sum of Hours Per Month
I have been given a data set which contains work hours and dates in the form of mm/dd/yy. I am trying to sum all the hours worked in each month. A co-worker suggested I use sumproduct but I'm still not able to achieve the process. Additionally, the data crosses over years, so I am not quite sure how to create a fomula that takes the year into account. Any help would be great. Thanks much. -- Zachary Baker Using a pivot table grouped by months and years would be the most straightforward. "Zachary Baker" <Zachary Baker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

When I add a row to excel how can I stop formulae changing
I've done this before, but can't remember how. I want to add a row at the top of a sheet, but without formulae with a range eg =sum(a1:a5) changing to =sum(a2:a6). $ isn't the answer =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5")) HTH Kostis Vezerides "vezerid" wrote: > =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5")) > > HTH > Kostis Vezerides > Thanks for that. How about if I after inserting a row A1:A5 changes to A1:A6 TIA Dave ...

changing the location of the x axis labels
Hello, I'm trying to make column graphs by using excel 2002. The problem is, my y axis values have some negative numbers, so the x axis labels overlap with some of the columns. Is there anyway to relocate the x axis labels while keeping the category x axis crossing at zero? Thanks! Double click on the axis. On the Patterns tab, for Tick Labels, choose the Low option. The axis will remain at zero, but the labels will move to the bottom of the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com ___...

change default site
Good morning, is it possible to change the program web site from the default site on 80 port to another port keeping the refer to the database? ...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

using date function, month shows as January when i type (12)
when date of birth is A1 and i use the formula =date(year(A1)+19,month(12),day(31)), to get the last day of the year before the 20th birthday, 31/1/1919 appears instead of 31/12/1919. why is this? if i take the +19 away, the same thing happens. The only time it works is if i specify the year instead of using another cell. Does this formula do what you need? ="12/31/"&YEAR(A1)+19 The reason your original formula did not work is because the MONTH() and DAY() functions require serial date numbers (that is to say, an Excel date equivalent expressed as a number). =DATE(YEA...

How to change Cluster Server Exchange Drive Letter
I am wondering on the correct procedure for changing the drives for Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. The Exchange 2003 Clustered resource was created with a 'data path' = m:\exchsrvr This resulted in all of the databases, SMTP, MTA, Search folders being created within this folder. I can change the database directories using ESM, SMTP directories using ESM x.400 (MTA) directory using ESM I can change the MTA Run Directory by editing the registry when the server is active and manually changing the path I have not been able to change the Search directory (either by editin...

Need program to ask me to save changes when closing
Hi My wife has excel 2003 and she at times closes the program and the file she is working on will close without saving the changes. My machine always asks me if I want to save the changes made. I can not find out how to enable this, please help. My auto save is also not working any ideas. Thank you. Some functions are volatile, if you are using a workbook with any volatile function in it regardless if you do anything it will ask you if you want to save the changes or are you saying that if you open up a new workbook, then close it again it will ask you to save it? -- Regards, Peo ...

Font change
I have a 500 page document with many text blocks that are using different fonts. I would like to changa ALL the fonts to Arial. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks, Lisette I don't know that there will be an easy way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lizzzet" <LizzzetNOCAPS@dc.rr.com> wrote in message news:Ofl17n0qEHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have a 500 page document with many text blocks that are using different >fonts. I would like to changa ALL the fonts to Arial. What is the easiest >way to do this. > Thanks, > Li...

unwanted font changes
I have a co-worker using Excel 97 SR-2. When she opens up a spreadsheet, the font will change from Arial to any other font available on her system. She has to highlight the worksheet and change the font back. The Style default is set for Arial. Can you tell me how to stop this from happening? Thanks Kelly Kelly, Not sure what is happening here, but one remote possibility might be that excel is having problems handling an excess of styles. If this is just happening with one particular workbook, there's a utility on my site that you could try on the workbook that helps you clean ...

Changing text "A" to a number?
In cell A1 I have the either Letter a, b or c. I would like to give them a numerical value of 1, 2 and 3 in the adjacent cell. Can someone post or point me to the formula? Thanks Try this: =3DCODE(LOWER(A1))-96 Then copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 11, 5:15=A0pm, Larry <Yak...@gmail.com> wrote: > In cell A1 I have the either Letter a, b or c. > I would like to give them a numerical value of 1, 2 and 3 in the > adjacent cell. > Can someone post or point me to the formula? > Thanks One way: = CODE(UPPER(A1)) - 64 another: =MATCH(A1,{"a","...

Tracking results of changes to database
Is there a good tool for testing results of changes to stored procedure, functions, views etc? Some way to compare results of activity to the results of the same activity after changes are made. Not just for a particular procedure but after you have made changes to multiple procedures that may be used by other procedures. Then run some type of robot function that does the same set of actions that was done on an identical database before the changes were made and then compare the database to see what is different. Thanks, Tom On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:31:45 -0700, &q...

Change SQL service logon accounts
Hello I installed CRM 1.2, SQL 2000 on a Windows 2003 server , and provide a new logon account (mscrm) (not the local system) Now I have a problem with KDC error 11 - which I traced back to duplicate serviceprincipalname for that user logon mscrm So I removed the duplicate names. How the SQL agent wont start and Iam getting Kerberos errors when I try to get into CRM How do I change the service accounts for CRM and SQL to use the local system account ? Is there a particular order of changing them Thank you in advance vikrantca ...

Calendar-how do I keep a different background colour 4 each month
In process of doing a calendar for 2006. I want a different background color for each month, but everytime I change a color, it changes the background for every month. This is the first time I've used Publisher, but I simply can't find how to stabilise the page. Any tips would be great. Ungroup the objects, manually re-fill rather than using the color schemes. Time consuming but it works. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "frankie" <frankie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

changing column headings in Business Portal for GP
How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? Sean E., Thanks for using the newsgroup. What version of BP are you using? Could you provide more detail for what you are trying to accomplish? Thanks Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sean E." wrote: > How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? ...

changing a field from string to picklist
Hi, is it possible to chnage an input field from a string to a picklist, can this be done through the form customisation section? Thanks in advance Hi Emily, Unfortunately you can not change the data type. As a matter of fact, you can not even delete a field from database once created. What you should do is: - On the form (thru system customization) put the string field on the form(if alread not present), change properties and rename the Name and Lable as 'Do Not Use' on Display Tab and then click 'OK' and remove the field from the form. Advantage of this is you will ...

How can I change the color in a eps file?
I can get the file inserted but cannot change the color. Any suggestion? Thanks Debby You can change the .eps file to one color only if it has a .tiff header, right-click the image, format picture, picture tab, recolor. If the .eps file has a .wmf header, select the picture, arrange, ungroup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Debmck" <Debmck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2367DFCF-0391-4BD8-87D8-466B46F1E8AA@microsoft.com... >I can get the file inserted but cannot change the color...

Macro security level in excel will not change
I used the custom installation wizard to install office 2003 to 100 work stations and change the macro security setting for all programs to medium and Access, word, power point all accepted the setting but Excel remains in high I can not manually set it medium or low it goes back to high. I have tried the registry setting to force to low and medium by changing HKEY_Current_User/software/Microsoft/office/11.0/excel/security/level to a 1 and 2 this also does not work. Do you have any suggestions the build number on excel is 11.6560.6568 ...

Day & Month
In B4 & B5 I have the formula - =TODAY() which, correctly, returns 07/05/2007 In C4 I have the formula - =DAY(B4) which, incorrectly, returns Saturday (it is Monday) What have I done wrong here please? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Hi Bill, Don't use the DAY() function; it returns 7, which is interpreted as 7-1-1900, which is a Saturday. Use =B4 instead and format custom as dddd -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:%238m4anJkHHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | In B4 & B5 I have...

Hours for month as value in query
Hi Everyone, I don’t know if this is a simple or complex request but it’s definitely complex for me. I want to have a field in my query that does the following: If Month has 5 Fridays, Then value=200 If Month has 4 Fridays, Then value =160 I would assume that I’d need a parameter to ask for the month when I open the query. I’m going to use this field in a calculation with another field. Can anyone help me with this or point me in the right direction or am I assuming too much here as far as the capabilities of Access? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Kay ...