How do I allow users to edit a cell's contents, but prevent them from moving, cutting or deleting the cell?

I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells (which
would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow them to
clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other words, be able
to edit the cell).  Any suggestions VERY welcome.

TIA,

Dan

--
Dan E
webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com

0
Dan
3/27/2005 3:38:17 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Dan E (removethis) wrote:
> I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells
(which
> would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow
them to
> clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other words,
be able
> to edit the cell).  Any suggestions VERY welcome.
>
> TIA,
> Dan

I posted a similar question recently ...
 Max's solution has worked perfectly for me.  See this thread :

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/20ffa0a6b35a67a8/19148b91e9862df5?q=kevin+max++insert+delete&rnum=1#19148b91e9862df5

0
kdiggins (3)
3/27/2005 5:13:21 PM
Kevin - interesting way to do this, but not an option for me.  Thanks
anyway.

dan
"Kevin" <kdiggins@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dan E (removethis) wrote:
>> I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells
> (which
>> would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow
> them to
>> clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other words,
> be able
>> to edit the cell).  Any suggestions VERY welcome.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Dan
>
> I posted a similar question recently ...
> Max's solution has worked perfectly for me.  See this thread :
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/20ffa0a6b35a67a8/19148b91e9862df5?q=kevin+max++insert+delete&rnum=1#19148b91e9862df5

0
Dan
3/27/2005 5:33:24 PM
See your other post for another possible approach.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"Dan E" <webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com> wrote in message
> I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells (which
> would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow them
> clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other words, be
able
> to edit the cell).  Any suggestions VERY welcome.
>
> TIA,
>
> Dan
>
> --
> Dan E
> webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com

0
ken.wright (2489)
3/28/2005 10:24:28 AM
Ken - see my reply in my previous post.

Dan
"Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> See your other post for another possible approach.
>
> --
> Regards
>           Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

>                  It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
>
> "Dan E" <webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com> wrote in message
>> I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells
>> (which
>> would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow them
>> clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other words, be
> able
>> to edit the cell).  Any suggestions VERY welcome.
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> --
>> Dan E
>> webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com

0
Dan

Prevent clicking on a cell

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

if cell is text move left one column

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

Can you delete Business Alerts?

users with restricted access

Office 2007 forms

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Separating Date and Time in a cell

User unknown
I made a new user on the exchange server, but if i want to make the account in outlook, Outlook says: "the name could not be matched to a name in the adresslist" I don't know what to do anymore. All the rights are the same as my collegea. can somebody help me? Go back to AD where you created the account, preferably on the Exchange Server. Is there an email address listed? If there isn't then right click on the Recipient Update Service in ESM and click update now. Advise what happens then... >-----Original Message----- >I made a new user on the exchange server, b...

Moving Exchange #5

Preventing dissambly/decompiliation of MFC Apps and DLLs
Hello, I was wondering if there are any software products out there that will take a compiled MFC app or MFC DLL and prevent the files from being disassemble or being decompiled? Sincerely, James Simpson James Simpson wrote: > Hello, > I was wondering if there are any software products out there that will take > a compiled MFC app or MFC DLL and prevent the files from being disassemble or > being decompiled? > > Sincerely, > > James Simpson > Whether or not MFC is used is irrelevant. There is no way to prevent or even resist disassembly. If it is execut...

Automatic changes in cells

Calculating on alphabetic cell content