How can row data report into columns?

I have a spreadsheet where data is input by row left to right: A1 thru Z1
etc.....

How can row data report into columns?

AA1 thru AA26 etc where A1 would go into cell AA1 and B1 would fill into AA2
etc? Any way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Louis

0
Louis
9/3/2008 5:22:48 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Louis" <a> wrote in news:5cqdnflHWtaqgiPVnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@suscom.com:

> I have a spreadsheet where data is input by row left to right: A1 thru
> Z1 etc.....
>
> How can row data report into columns?
>
> AA1 thru AA26 etc where A1 would go into cell AA1 and B1 would fill
> into AA2 etc? Any way to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Louis

it sounds like you just want to "transpose"
- copy A1 to AZ1
- right click on AA1
- click paste special
- click transpose
that should do it
pub <puiblicstuff@home.com> wrote in news:mxpvk.28496$Rs1.8301
@newsfe08.iad:

> "Louis" <a> wrote in news:5cqdnflHWtaqgiPVnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@suscom.com:
>
>> I have a spreadsheet where data is input by row left to right: A1 thru
>> Z1 etc.....
>>

>> Louis
>>

> it sounds like you just want to "transpose"
> - copy A1 to AZ1
> - right click on AA1
> - click paste special
> - click transpose
> that should do it

oops, i meant copy A1 to Z1
Instead of transpose one could use the following formula:

Asume data from B3:E3 need to be copied to F3:F7

F3=INDEX($B$3:$E$3;ROW(B3)-ROW($B$3)+1), now copy down till F7
"pub" <puiblicstuff@home.com> wrote in message
> pub <puiblicstuff@home.com> wrote in news:mxpvk.28496$Rs1.8301
> @newsfe08.iad:
>
>> "Louis" <a> wrote in news:5cqdnflHWtaqgiPVnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@suscom.com:
>>
>>> I have a spreadsheet where data is input by row left to right: A1 thru
>>> Z1 etc.....
>>>

>>> Louis
>>>

>> it sounds like you just want to "transpose"
>> - copy A1 to AZ1
>> - right click on AA1
>> - click paste special
>> - click transpose
>> that should do it
>>

> oops, i meant copy A1 to Z1

Well, how's that for service:
Not been in this group for ages: then I have a question, and the answer is
right there in front of me without even having to ask!
'Transpose' - nice one.
Would have liked to have this option on the 'get data'/csv dialogue ie. to
select whether values should be inserted as rows or columns, but 'transpose'
does the job.

Cheers,

Counting number of X's in a column

MS Money 95 data files

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

data input in text box

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Sorting Data #5

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

can't customize toolbar

Can anyone help ?

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Can't view messages with Autopreview
My current view is set to preview all items, however, my mail is not displayed in autopreview ...

can't add groups to public folders
I'm having a problem with my public folders - I can't add groups to them. I used to be able to, and now the members in a given group are unable to access that particular public folder. I can add individual users fine, but not groups. Anyone know how to fix this? Do you have sufficient rights in AD? What I am getting at, is that you need rights to change a group type to security. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23N3yrgRoEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I&...

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...