How can I save a daysheet as today's date

I have a daysheet that automatically enters the date in cell D1 as
value(Today()). Now I would like to be able to automatically save the
sheet as the date in the form 01-24-07.
0
livelonger (29)
1/24/2007 11:36:22 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Elfego,

Format the cell.  Format - Cells - Number Tab - Custom.  mm-dd-yy, or
dd-mm-yy as you want it.

Be aware that when you open this workbook on a later date, the date
displayed will have changed.  To lock it to the current date, Copy, then
Edit - Paste Special - Values.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Elfego Baca" <livelonger@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a daysheet that automatically enters the date in cell D1 as
>value(Today()). Now I would like to be able to automatically save the sheet
>as the date in the form 01-24-07.

0
someone798 (944)
1/24/2007 11:52:20 PM
When you say "sheet" do you mean workbook or worksheet?

Do you mean save the workbook with the date as name of workbook?

Do you mean save just one sheet as a new workbook with date as name?

Or just rename that worksheet as date?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:36:22 -0500, Elfego Baca <livelonger@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a daysheet that automatically enters the date in cell D1 as
>value(Today()). Now I would like to be able to automatically save the
>sheet as the date in the form 01-24-07.

0
Gord
1/25/2007 12:21:58 AM
I man the workbook

Gord Dibben wrote:
> When you say "sheet" do you mean workbook or worksheet?
>
> Do you mean save the workbook with the date as name of workbook?
>
> Do you mean save just one sheet as a new workbook with date as name?
>
> Or just rename that worksheet as date?
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:36:22 -0500, Elfego Baca <livelonger@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a daysheet that automatically enters the date in cell D1 as
>> value(Today()). Now I would like to be able to automatically save the
>> sheet as the date in the form 01-24-07.

0
livelonger (29)
1/25/2007 1:01:42 AM
Elfego

If your regional settings default date contains slash(/) marks, Excel won't
accept them.

Best to leave the cell reference out of it and just saveas current date.

Sub Rename_WkBk()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
        ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ThisWorkbook.Path _
        & "\" & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy")
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:01:42 -0500, Elfego Baca <livelonger@gmail.com> wrote:

>I man the workbook
>

>Gord Dibben wrote:
>> When you say "sheet" do you mean workbook or worksheet?
>>
>> Do you mean save the workbook with the date as name of workbook?
>>
>> Do you mean save just one sheet as a new workbook with date as name?
>>
>> Or just rename that worksheet as date?
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:36:22 -0500, Elfego Baca <livelonger@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a daysheet that automatically enters the date in cell D1 as
>>> value(Today()). Now I would like to be able to automatically save the
>>> sheet as the date in the form 01-24-07.

0
Gord
1/25/2007 4:05:36 AM
Elfego,

It might be easier just to put in todays date with Ctrl + ;.  Then press
Enter.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Earl Kiosterud" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Elfego,
>
> Format the cell.  Format - Cells - Number Tab - Custom.  mm-dd-yy, or
> dd-mm-yy as you want it.
>
> Be aware that when you open this workbook on a later date, the date
> displayed will have changed.  To lock it to the current date, Copy, then
> Edit - Paste Special - Values.
>
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> www.smokeylake.com
> "Elfego Baca" <livelonger@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a daysheet that automatically enters the date in cell D1 as
>>value(Today()). Now I would like to be able to automatically save the
>>sheet as the date in the form 01-24-07.

0
someone798 (944)

Date trasfer when importing emails to CRM
When I import old emails into CRM from Outlook they are tagged in CRM with the today's date, the day I imported them. Is there any way to alter this date once in CRM to reflect the actual date of the email? I believe your referring to promoting emails within Outlook. If so, please see this thread: news:5DF7B2F7-B5CE-4FF9-80E3-421D4FE5F500@microsoft.com -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF94DF6-7659-4793-AF6E-439BB480DC29@microsoft.com......

Help, I cannot Save!

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

.pdf save as settings

Dates #9

can i download lxce serv.exe

Error in Outlook Today

Viewing Active Tasks in the Outlook Today View
I really like the Outlook Today view, as it lists upcoming appointments, emails, tasks, etc. However, I can not get it to show my active tasks that have started but are due at a later time (not today). Outlook today will show my active tasks that are due today, but it just won't show tasks that, for example, are due tomorrow. This is bothersome because I want it to show all active tasks, and not just ones that are due today. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! There are a couple of options associated with Task showing and sorting, have you checked via the customize...

Qrp Date functions

how many receivers i can add

date tracking

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

Short time vs short date

Date Calculation

Can't configure Outlook Express

date modified