how can i copy formula?

hi,
please help!
my problem was i create a formula that gets the total sum from another
workbook. i want to copy the formula and past to another cell but the only
thing must change is the name of the workbook.

example.
i want to paste the formula of A1 to B1 and so on which autoamtically link
to another workbook.

Workbook1.
sheet1
A1=sum of workbook2
B1=sum of workbook3
C1=sum of workbook4

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

Into A1 enter the formula like
="_=SUM('C:\My Documents\[Workbook" & COLUMN()+1 & ".xls]Sheet1'!A1:A100)"
Copy the formula to right.
Select all formulas, copy them, and then replace with values
(PasteSpecial.Values).
With formulas selected, replace all "_" with nothing (you have to press OK
for every linked workbook in OpenFile dialog window).

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"jp" <jaypee2cool@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> please help!
> my problem was i create a formula that gets the total sum from another
> workbook. i want to copy the formula and past to another cell but the only
> thing must change is the name of the workbook.
>
> example.
> i want to paste the formula of A1 to B1 and so on which autoamtically link
> to another workbook.
>
> Workbook1.
> sheet1
> A1=sum of workbook2
> B1=sum of workbook3
> C1=sum of workbook4

0
garbage (651)

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Can I install RMS Store Ops on Small Biz Server 2003 ?
I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server. I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports and accept some store transfers. Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box? Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box? Running SO Mgr on the server isn't an issue. Running HQ Server and HQ Client on a box that hosts both databases is a performance disaster. If the HQ Server is on another box, running HQ client is OK. BEWARE: According to MS, SBS 2003 is a UNSUPPORTED OS for hosting RMS HQ or Sto...

How can I print to email?
I want to send the results from some sheets to people who do not have Excel. If I attach the XLS file, it will be useless to anyone without Excel. I basically want to send what I see on a printout to a printer or Fax. Any ideas? Is there a way to setup email as a printer? This will enable me to use the same method for Word, Powerpoint and other products without caring about the recepients software. Jim Hi Jim You can send the text in the body of the mail I don't know what Excel version you use and which mail program? Or let them download the free Excel viewer You can view and ...

Money Can't Set up a Mortgage Right!
I have issues with Money 2003. I bought a house Nov 2003. I set up the mortgage account and tell it my purchase date. It starts the loan 1/1/2004 because it assumes I have paid Nov interest at closing and won't owe anything until 1/1/2004. This screws up my net worth reports because I had a home asset in Nov 03, but the loan liability doesn't appear until Jan 04. Broken! I can't seem to set the loan date to force it to recognize the Nov loan beginning date. What to do?? Thanks, Ben Money starts the loan in 1/1/2004 because that's the date you told it the first payment...

how can I show leading zeros in excel
I am trying to input some numeric data into a spreadsheet, some of the entries have leading zeros, every time I move to the next cell, Excel changes the data by removing the leading zeros. I have tried reformating the cells in question in Number & General, both give me the same problem. Can somebody please help. Using Excel 2002. Thanks. You could either format the cell as Text (then type your data) or you can start with an apostrophe '000123 or you can use a custom format: Format|cells|number tab custom in the type box, put as many 0's as you want 000000 The first two op...

How to give find function ( same as of ctrl F) in formula bar
Hi all, Is it possibel the to give find functionality ( ctrl F) in formula bar. For example I have to find cell A1 value in b:b in entire column , The A1 value may contain in the column B more than one times. So I have to give find fucntion for the range of b:b Please help Pol Select A1 and CTRL + c Select column B and CTRL + f then CTRL + v then "find all" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:33:01 -0700, pol <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is it possibel the to give find functionality ( ctrl F) i...

Can Function results be calculated?
Hi all I have a sheet with two columns of figures. I show the running totals of each column in cells with basic SUM Functions, at the top of the sheet. I now want to subtract one total from the other. How is this done? As the Function is looking at cells that themselves hold Functions, I can't see how to do this, short of making a longer Function that adds the column contents again and then subtracts. So, in summary: I have two cells with Functions. These are: Cell F4 =SUM(F8:F45) and Cell G4 =SUM(G8:G45) I want to do this: =F4-G4 but it won't play. Any advice most appreciated....

How can I initialize the value?
template < class elemType > class MyArray { public: explicit MyArray( int size = DefaultArraySize ); MyArray( elemType *array, int array_size ); MyArray( const MyArray &rhs ); virtual ~MyArray() { delete [] ia; } bool operator==( const MyArray& ) const; bool operator!=( const MyArray& ) const; MyArray& operator=( const MyArray& ); int size() const { return _size; } virtual elemType& operator[](int index) { return ia[index]; } virtual void sort(); virtual elemType min() cons...

How can I list active OWA users
We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance MikeC MikeC <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list >the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Use WMI? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: ma...

Formula recalculation speed
I have a really large spreadsheet with loads of formulas (lookups and vlookups plus mathematical functions) But it takes forever to recalculate cells whenever I cut and paste or change the contents of any cell within the workbook... Are there any formulas that are particularly slow and if so, are there better ways to perform the same task? Thanks You could try turning off automatic calculation Tools/Options/Calculation Set Calculate option to "Manual" or "Automatic except Tables" and then press F9 to force calculations when needed. I hate using this option , but sometime...

copy sheet1 from bookA to bookB
If I copy a sheet with formulas from bookA to bookb, all formulas than point from bookB to bookA How could I avoid that Same for copy sheet1 to sheet2 Thanks Manfred Once you have copied the sheet across and the formulas are referring to bookA... Eg. ='[BookA]sheet1'!A1+'[BookA]sheet1'!A2 Highlight the entire new sheet, and do a replace (Ctrl H) Find What : [BookA] Replace With : Leave Replace With blank and hit replace all. Obviously you need to have a sheet called sheet1 in your new workbook. Check you have broken all links by going Edit / Links... links should be gre...

to many formula
hi i have a worksheet with a lot of data on it column A contains the date column B contains an area column C contains the fault column D contain a quantity A B C D 1/4/04 stores damaged 10 7/4/04 bins rust 60 31/12/04 floor wet 100 what i want to do is return quantity for a date range(one week) once the week range is checked the area and fault are checked i could have 12 faults for one area there...

Can I protect Livemail on laptop with a password ?
I "download" all my email from Yahoo server and work with it under Livemail on laptop. Laptop is going for a warranty repair - I will have to give the repairer my windows user password which means they will have access to my livemail messages, contacts ec - can I further protect my email in any way while laptop is out of my hands ? "Croz" <Croz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCD9FA83-09D0-430C-AE26-4AA406D488CD@microsoft.com... > I "download" all my email from Yahoo server and work with it under Livemail on laptop. > Lapt...

Can I use VBA to add cells (over blanks) then do multiplication
I have a Word table in which the last column contains numbers (3 and 4) and some bank cells and I want it add them and put the total into the second last row (7 in this case). The last row contains a multiplier (3) which when applied to the total results in 21. Below is the table. | | | 3 | | | | | | | | 4 | | | | 7 | | | 3 |21| How can I achieve this in VBA (under Word 2003 and 2007) remembering that the user can add rows to the table and the last column can contain blank cells. Thanks in advance for any assistance, Peter Evans Sub ScratchMaco(...

How can I access my documents on OW free trial ?
When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is locked. How can I get roung this? If it's locked, you either haven't activated your copy of Office, or your trial period ended in which case you will have to pay for it. Yves "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F75A123-D010-4B85-AA39-838E567413E6@microsoft.com... > When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is > locked. How can I get roung this? ...

How can you show the new items in a refreshed document?
When refreshing a spreadsheet that is pulling information from a different database, is there a way to highlight the new lines? ...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

Copy/paste Function
When I try to copy a cell or a worksheet from one worksheet to another, it only gives me the option to create a picture - I can no longer paste the cell or worksheet. This is Excel 2007 ...

Can I import addresses from Blackberry into Outlook 2010?
Is there a way to import from a Blackberry into Outlook 2010? Addresses at a minumum, but perhaps also messages. Most PDA software will offer an option to synchronize with Outlook. Ask Blackberry if they do. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine "CHuck" <CHuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC006E4F-736F-4936-9582-4E52CEB7387D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to import from a Blackberry into Outlook 2010? Addresses at > a > minumum, but perhaps also messages. Check with Blackberry to see if they support Outlook 2010 ...

How? Default is current date, but user can edit if needed?
I want Start Date field to default to the current date, but allow the user to change it if needed. Start Date field has a format of Short Date with a mask __/__/__. The boss wants the field to default to the current date to eliminate keystrokes for the user. Scenario: User forgot to input data yesterday that must reflect yesterday's date. How can the field be formatted to allow the user to change the Start Date field if the field defaults to current date? When a field has a default value, it can be changed as you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

Can't compile at VC++ Express Edition 2008
Hi I just switched to window programming. I have a code which I can compile and run under Unix, but I cant compile it at Window VC++ Express Edition 2008. Here is some part of my code cpp-trick.h #if !defined(PACKET) || !defined(INTEGER) || !defined(STRING) #error Not all necessary macros were defined. #endif PACKET(Auth, STRING(username) STRING(password) ) PACKET(Ack, INTEGER(status) STRING(error_text) ) #undef PACKET #undef INTEGER #undef STRING typedef enum { #define INTEGER(name) #define STRING(name) #define PACKET(name, fields...

can't open VB editor in Excel 2007 under Vista
I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. On my XP PC I can edit it without any problem. On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit it I get "error in loading dll". The VB window opens up, but the modules won't. Also, it used to work - I don't know why it stopped. Can anyone help? Thanks! On Nov 11, 3:42=A0am, "Sandy Rosenberg" <srosenb...@bloomfieldct.deleteme.org> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. =A0On my XP PC I can edit it wit= hout > any problem. =A0On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit = it...

Can Windows client application read/write data to remote SQL Server database?
Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL Server database? > Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL > Server database? Certainly. SQL Server is a client-server DBMS and the service often runs remotely on a separate server. -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Server MVP http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/ ...

excel vba
I don't know what is wrong with this. I am trying to set it up so tha when i click the command button, it will save it to my documents and i will save the file name as the contents in cell K5. If it is being used for an invoicing program and the contents of K will be changing with each transaction, will this code be set up s that it will keep the original sheet as a sort of template, and onl save the file each time as the new number that will be generated? doe that make sense? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Sheet1.SaveAs("H:\MyDocs\", (Range("K5").Value) End Su ...

copy and paste visible columns
I am new to excel and am using the outline feature. I have collapsed the outline and want to copy and paste it to a new worksheet but It keeps on copying my whole outline , not just the columns I selected. Any help for a newbie would be appreciated Try .. In source sheet, Select the range Press F5 > Special > Check "Visible cells only" > OK Right-click on selection > Copy In destination sheet, Right-click > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "ferde" <ferde@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...