Hours Between Two Times

Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while 
excluding weekends and holidys?

Example:

Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm

Result = 24 hrs

Thanks

RN
0
rnunley (1)
8/28/2007 11:12:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

12 Replies
916 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

Hi RN,

Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in 
cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted 
for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.

Example 1:-
Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to 
see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets 
around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then 
copy the following formula to the cell:-

=(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))

Example 2:-

Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without 
decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-

=((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24

Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS 
Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was 
this helpful.

Regards,

OssieMac


"rnunley" wrote:

> Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while 
> excluding weekends and holidys?
> 
> Example:
> 
> Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
> 
> Result = 24 hrs
> 
> Thanks
> 
> RN
0
OssieMac (238)
8/29/2007 1:28:01 AM
One other thing. 

If you want to exclude holidays then you will need to look up the 
NETWORKDAYS function in help and create the list of holidays and add the 
holidays option into the formula.

Regards,

OssieMac

0
OssieMac (238)
8/29/2007 1:36:00 AM
Hi OssieMac,

I pasted your formula where start date/time was in F5 and stop date/time was 
in G5 and received an VALUE error message.  Can you help me understand what 
happened?  Exact formula:

=(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))

thanks
JS
"OssieMac" wrote:

> Hi RN,
> 
> Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in 
> cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted 
> for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.
> 
> Example 1:-
> Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to 
> see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets 
> around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then 
> copy the following formula to the cell:-
> 
> =(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))
> 
> Example 2:-
> 
> Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without 
> decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-
> 
> =((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24
> 
> Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS 
> Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was 
> this helpful.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> OssieMac
> 
> 
> "rnunley" wrote:
> 
> > Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while 
> > excluding weekends and holidys?
> > 
> > Example:
> > 
> > Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> > Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
> > 
> > Result = 24 hrs
> > 
> > Thanks
> > 
> > RN
0
JStafford (3)
11/26/2007 11:00:03 PM
Are you sure that F5 and G5 contain real dates, and not just text
values that look like dates? Try changing the format of both cells to
general, and see if there is any change - a real date/time will look
something like 39412.97708 (today's date and time).

Hope this helps.

Pete


On Nov 26, 11:00 pm, JStafford <JStaff...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi OssieMac,
>
> I pasted your formula where start date/time was in F5 and stop date/time was
> in G5 and received an VALUE error message.  Can you help me understand what
> happened?  Exact formula:
>
> =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
>
> thanks
> JS
>
>
>
> "OssieMac" wrote:
> > Hi RN,
>
> > Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in
> > cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted
> > for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.
>
> > Example 1:-
> > Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to
> > see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets
> > around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then
> > copy the following formula to the cell:-
>
> > =(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))
>
> > Example 2:-
>
> > Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without
> > decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-
>
> > =((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24
>
> > Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS
> > Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was
> > this helpful.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > OssieMac
>
> > "rnunley" wrote:
>
> > > Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while
> > > excluding weekends and holidys?
>
> > > Example:
>
> > > Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> > > Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
>
> > > Result = 24 hrs
>
> > > Thanks
>
> > > RN- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

0
pashurst (2576)
11/26/2007 11:29:34 PM
Pete - 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I checked it and when I format to general I do 
get  something like below (actually got  39395.70833), so that isn't the 
problem.

thx
Jon


"Pete_UK" wrote:

> Are you sure that F5 and G5 contain real dates, and not just text
> values that look like dates? Try changing the format of both cells to
> general, and see if there is any change - a real date/time will look
> something like 39412.97708 (today's date and time).
> 
> Hope this helps.
> 
> Pete
> 
> 
> On Nov 26, 11:00 pm, JStafford <JStaff...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi OssieMac,
> >
> > I pasted your formula where start date/time was in F5 and stop date/time was
> > in G5 and received an VALUE error message.  Can you help me understand what
> > happened?  Exact formula:
> >
> > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
> >
> > thanks
> > JS
> >
> >
> >
> > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > > Hi RN,
> >
> > > Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in
> > > cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted
> > > for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.
> >
> > > Example 1:-
> > > Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to
> > > see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets
> > > around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then
> > > copy the following formula to the cell:-
> >
> > > =(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))
> >
> > > Example 2:-
> >
> > > Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without
> > > decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-
> >
> > > =((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24
> >
> > > Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS
> > > Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was
> > > this helpful.
> >
> > > Regards,
> >
> > > OssieMac
> >
> > > "rnunley" wrote:
> >
> > > > Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while
> > > > excluding weekends and holidys?
> >
> > > > Example:
> >
> > > > Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> > > > Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
> >
> > > > Result = 24 hrs
> >
> > > > Thanks
> >
> > > > RN- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > - Show quoted text -
> 
> 
0
JStafford (3)
11/27/2007 12:03:00 AM
Also check that G5 is finish date and is greater than F5 which is start date. 
That is the finish date/time must be greater than the start date/time because 
you cannot have negative date/time.

I copied your formula to a worksheet and inserted a finish date in G5 and 
start date in F5 and it works perfectly.

-- 
Regards,

OssieMac


"Pete_UK" wrote:

> Are you sure that F5 and G5 contain real dates, and not just text
> values that look like dates? Try changing the format of both cells to
> general, and see if there is any change - a real date/time will look
> something like 39412.97708 (today's date and time).
> 
> Hope this helps.
> 
> Pete
> 
> 
> On Nov 26, 11:00 pm, JStafford <JStaff...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi OssieMac,
> >
> > I pasted your formula where start date/time was in F5 and stop date/time was
> > in G5 and received an VALUE error message.  Can you help me understand what
> > happened?  Exact formula:
> >
> > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
> >
> > thanks
> > JS
> >
> >
> >
> > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > > Hi RN,
> >
> > > Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in
> > > cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted
> > > for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.
> >
> > > Example 1:-
> > > Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to
> > > see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets
> > > around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then
> > > copy the following formula to the cell:-
> >
> > > =(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))
> >
> > > Example 2:-
> >
> > > Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without
> > > decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-
> >
> > > =((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24
> >
> > > Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS
> > > Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was
> > > this helpful.
> >
> > > Regards,
> >
> > > OssieMac
> >
> > > "rnunley" wrote:
> >
> > > > Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while
> > > > excluding weekends and holidys?
> >
> > > > Example:
> >
> > > > Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> > > > Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
> >
> > > > Result = 24 hrs
> >
> > > > Thanks
> >
> > > > RN- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > - Show quoted text -
> 
> 
0
OssieMac (238)
11/27/2007 12:12:01 AM
Yes, G% was 11/13 and F5 was 11/9.  I don't want to take too much of your 
time, but could I have the G5 and F5 formatted incorrectly?  I formatted them 
as:
dddd m/d/yyyy h:mm AM/PM

I'm just at a loss - this should be simple and I'm spending hours trying to 
figure it out!  Thanks for the input.

Jon

"OssieMac" wrote:

> Also check that G5 is finish date and is greater than F5 which is start date. 
> That is the finish date/time must be greater than the start date/time because 
> you cannot have negative date/time.
> 
> I copied your formula to a worksheet and inserted a finish date in G5 and 
> start date in F5 and it works perfectly.
> 
> -- 
> Regards,
> 
> OssieMac
> 
> 
> "Pete_UK" wrote:
> 
> > Are you sure that F5 and G5 contain real dates, and not just text
> > values that look like dates? Try changing the format of both cells to
> > general, and see if there is any change - a real date/time will look
> > something like 39412.97708 (today's date and time).
> > 
> > Hope this helps.
> > 
> > Pete
> > 
> > 
> > On Nov 26, 11:00 pm, JStafford <JStaff...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi OssieMac,
> > >
> > > I pasted your formula where start date/time was in F5 and stop date/time was
> > > in G5 and received an VALUE error message.  Can you help me understand what
> > > happened?  Exact formula:
> > >
> > > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > JS
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > > > Hi RN,
> > >
> > > > Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in
> > > > cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted
> > > > for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.
> > >
> > > > Example 1:-
> > > > Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to
> > > > see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets
> > > > around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then
> > > > copy the following formula to the cell:-
> > >
> > > > =(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))
> > >
> > > > Example 2:-
> > >
> > > > Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without
> > > > decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-
> > >
> > > > =((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24
> > >
> > > > Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS
> > > > Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was
> > > > this helpful.
> > >
> > > > Regards,
> > >
> > > > OssieMac
> > >
> > > > "rnunley" wrote:
> > >
> > > > > Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while
> > > > > excluding weekends and holidys?
> > >
> > > > > Example:
> > >
> > > > > Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> > > > > Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
> > >
> > > > > Result = 24 hrs
> > >
> > > > > Thanks
> > >
> > > > > RN- Hide quoted text -
> > >
> > > - Show quoted text -
> > 
> > 
0
JStafford (3)
11/27/2007 12:38:01 AM
Hi Jon,

My test results:-

Cell F5:  Friday 11/9/2007 11:00 AM
Cell G5   Tuesday 11/13/2007 1:15 PM

Formula in cell H5 (can be in any cell):-
=(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))

Returned answer in cell formatted as [h]:mm :-
 50:15

Answer looks correct to me.


#VALUE error is more like the values are not valid dates.

-- 
Regards,

OssieMac


"JStafford" wrote:

> Yes, G% was 11/13 and F5 was 11/9.  I don't want to take too much of your 
> time, but could I have the G5 and F5 formatted incorrectly?  I formatted them 
> as:
> dddd m/d/yyyy h:mm AM/PM
> 
> I'm just at a loss - this should be simple and I'm spending hours trying to 
> figure it out!  Thanks for the input.
> 
> Jon
> 
> "OssieMac" wrote:
> 
> > Also check that G5 is finish date and is greater than F5 which is start date. 
> > That is the finish date/time must be greater than the start date/time because 
> > you cannot have negative date/time.
> > 
> > I copied your formula to a worksheet and inserted a finish date in G5 and 
> > start date in F5 and it works perfectly.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Regards,
> > 
> > OssieMac
> > 
> > 
> > "Pete_UK" wrote:
> > 
> > > Are you sure that F5 and G5 contain real dates, and not just text
> > > values that look like dates? Try changing the format of both cells to
> > > general, and see if there is any change - a real date/time will look
> > > something like 39412.97708 (today's date and time).
> > > 
> > > Hope this helps.
> > > 
> > > Pete
> > > 
> > > 
> > > On Nov 26, 11:00 pm, JStafford <JStaff...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> > > > Hi OssieMac,
> > > >
> > > > I pasted your formula where start date/time was in F5 and stop date/time was
> > > > in G5 and received an VALUE error message.  Can you help me understand what
> > > > happened?  Exact formula:
> > > >
> > > > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
> > > >
> > > > thanks
> > > > JS
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > > > > Hi RN,
> > > >
> > > > > Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in
> > > > > cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted
> > > > > for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.
> > > >
> > > > > Example 1:-
> > > > > Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to
> > > > > see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets
> > > > > around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then
> > > > > copy the following formula to the cell:-
> > > >
> > > > > =(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))
> > > >
> > > > > Example 2:-
> > > >
> > > > > Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without
> > > > > decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-
> > > >
> > > > > =((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24
> > > >
> > > > > Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS
> > > > > Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was
> > > > > this helpful.
> > > >
> > > > > Regards,
> > > >
> > > > > OssieMac
> > > >
> > > > > "rnunley" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > > Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while
> > > > > > excluding weekends and holidys?
> > > >
> > > > > > Example:
> > > >
> > > > > > Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> > > > > > Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
> > > >
> > > > > > Result = 24 hrs
> > > >
> > > > > > Thanks
> > > >
> > > > > > RN- Hide quoted text -
> > > >
> > > > - Show quoted text -
> > > 
> > > 
0
OssieMac (238)
11/27/2007 4:25:00 AM
Hi Jon,

This could be your problem. You need the Analysis Tool Pak Addin for 
NETWORKDAYS function.

Tools->Options->Add-ins and check the box. If not there, lookup in help 
about loading addins.
-- 
Regards,

OssieMac


"OssieMac" wrote:

> Hi Jon,
> 
> My test results:-
> 
> Cell F5:  Friday 11/9/2007 11:00 AM
> Cell G5   Tuesday 11/13/2007 1:15 PM
> 
> Formula in cell H5 (can be in any cell):-
> =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
> 
> Returned answer in cell formatted as [h]:mm :-
>  50:15
> 
> Answer looks correct to me.
> 
> 
> #VALUE error is more like the values are not valid dates.
> 
> -- 
> Regards,
> 
> OssieMac
> 
> 
> "JStafford" wrote:
> 
> > Yes, G% was 11/13 and F5 was 11/9.  I don't want to take too much of your 
> > time, but could I have the G5 and F5 formatted incorrectly?  I formatted them 
> > as:
> > dddd m/d/yyyy h:mm AM/PM
> > 
> > I'm just at a loss - this should be simple and I'm spending hours trying to 
> > figure it out!  Thanks for the input.
> > 
> > Jon
> > 
> > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > 
> > > Also check that G5 is finish date and is greater than F5 which is start date. 
> > > That is the finish date/time must be greater than the start date/time because 
> > > you cannot have negative date/time.
> > > 
> > > I copied your formula to a worksheet and inserted a finish date in G5 and 
> > > start date in F5 and it works perfectly.
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Regards,
> > > 
> > > OssieMac
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Pete_UK" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Are you sure that F5 and G5 contain real dates, and not just text
> > > > values that look like dates? Try changing the format of both cells to
> > > > general, and see if there is any change - a real date/time will look
> > > > something like 39412.97708 (today's date and time).
> > > > 
> > > > Hope this helps.
> > > > 
> > > > Pete
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > On Nov 26, 11:00 pm, JStafford <JStaff...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > > wrote:
> > > > > Hi OssieMac,
> > > > >
> > > > > I pasted your formula where start date/time was in F5 and stop date/time was
> > > > > in G5 and received an VALUE error message.  Can you help me understand what
> > > > > happened?  Exact formula:
> > > > >
> > > > > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
> > > > >
> > > > > thanks
> > > > > JS
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > > > > > Hi RN,
> > > > >
> > > > > > Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in
> > > > > > cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted
> > > > > > for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.
> > > > >
> > > > > > Example 1:-
> > > > > > Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to
> > > > > > see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets
> > > > > > around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then
> > > > > > copy the following formula to the cell:-
> > > > >
> > > > > > =(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))
> > > > >
> > > > > > Example 2:-
> > > > >
> > > > > > Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without
> > > > > > decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-
> > > > >
> > > > > > =((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24
> > > > >
> > > > > > Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS
> > > > > > Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was
> > > > > > this helpful.
> > > > >
> > > > > > Regards,
> > > > >
> > > > > > OssieMac
> > > > >
> > > > > > "rnunley" wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > > Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while
> > > > > > > excluding weekends and holidys?
> > > > >
> > > > > > > Example:
> > > > >
> > > > > > > Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> > > > > > > Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
> > > > >
> > > > > > > Result = 24 hrs
> > > > >
> > > > > > > Thanks
> > > > >
> > > > > > > RN- Hide quoted text -
> > > > >
> > > > > - Show quoted text -
> > > > 
> > > > 
0
OssieMac (238)
11/27/2007 5:09:14 AM
I would have thought that would produce the #NAME error, rather than
#VALUE.

Pete

On Nov 27, 5:09 am, OssieMac <Ossie...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> This could be your problem. You need the Analysis Tool Pak Addin for
> NETWORKDAYS function.
>
> Tools->Options->Add-ins and check the box. If not there, lookup in help
> about loading addins.
> --
> Regards,
>
> OssieMac
>
>
>
> "OssieMac" wrote:
> > Hi Jon,
>
> > My test results:-
>
> > Cell F5:  Friday 11/9/2007 11:00 AM
> > Cell G5   Tuesday 11/13/2007 1:15 PM
>
> > Formula in cell H5 (can be in any cell):-
> > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
>
> > Returned answer in cell formatted as [h]:mm :-
> >  50:15
>
> > Answer looks correct to me.
>
> > #VALUE error is more like the values are not valid dates.
>
> > --
> > Regards,
>
> > OssieMac
>
> > "JStafford" wrote:
>
> > > Yes, G% was 11/13 and F5 was 11/9.  I don't want to take too much of your
> > > time, but could I have the G5 and F5 formatted incorrectly?  I formatted them
> > > as:
> > > dddd m/d/yyyy h:mm AM/PM
>
> > > I'm just at a loss - this should be simple and I'm spending hours trying to
> > > figure it out!  Thanks for the input.
>
> > > Jon
>
> > > "OssieMac" wrote:
>
> > > > Also check that G5 is finish date and is greater than F5 which is start date.
> > > > That is the finish date/time must be greater than the start date/time because
> > > > you cannot have negative date/time.
>
> > > > I copied your formula to a worksheet and inserted a finish date in G5 and
> > > > start date in F5 and it works perfectly.
>
> > > > --
> > > > Regards,
>
> > > > OssieMac
>
> > > > "Pete_UK" wrote:
>
> > > > > Are you sure that F5 and G5 contain real dates, and not just text
> > > > > values that look like dates? Try changing the format of both cells to
> > > > > general, and see if there is any change - a real date/time will look
> > > > > something like 39412.97708 (today's date and time).
>
> > > > > Hope this helps.
>
> > > > > Pete
>
> > > > > On Nov 26, 11:00 pm, JStafford <JStaff...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > Hi OssieMac,
>
> > > > > > I pasted your formula where start date/time was in F5 and stop date/time was
> > > > > > in G5 and received an VALUE error message.  Can you help me understand what
> > > > > > happened?  Exact formula:
>
> > > > > > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
>
> > > > > > thanks
> > > > > > JS
>
> > > > > > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > > > > > > Hi RN,
>
> > > > > > > Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in
> > > > > > > cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted
> > > > > > > for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.
>
> > > > > > > Example 1:-
> > > > > > > Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to
> > > > > > > see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets
> > > > > > > around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then
> > > > > > > copy the following formula to the cell:-
>
> > > > > > > =(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))
>
> > > > > > > Example 2:-
>
> > > > > > > Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without
> > > > > > > decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-
>
> > > > > > > =((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24
>
> > > > > > > Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS
> > > > > > > Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was
> > > > > > > this helpful.
>
> > > > > > > Regards,
>
> > > > > > > OssieMac
>
> > > > > > > "rnunley" wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while
> > > > > > > > excluding weekends and holidys?
>
> > > > > > > > Example:
>
> > > > > > > > Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> > > > > > > > Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
>
> > > > > > > > Result = 24 hrs
>
> > > > > > > > Thanks
>
> > > > > > > > RN- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

0
pashurst (2576)
11/27/2007 11:47:58 AM
Hi Pete,

I unloaded the Analysis Toolpak addin and under test I get #VALUE. Selecting 
Show Calculation steps on the error box adjacent to the cell confirms it.
-- 
Regards,

OssieMac


"Pete_UK" wrote:

> I would have thought that would produce the #NAME error, rather than
> #VALUE.
> 
> Pete
> 
> On Nov 27, 5:09 am, OssieMac <Ossie...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Jon,
> >
> > This could be your problem. You need the Analysis Tool Pak Addin for
> > NETWORKDAYS function.
> >
> > Tools->Options->Add-ins and check the box. If not there, lookup in help
> > about loading addins.
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > OssieMac
> >
> >
> >
> > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > > Hi Jon,
> >
> > > My test results:-
> >
> > > Cell F5:  Friday 11/9/2007 11:00 AM
> > > Cell G5   Tuesday 11/13/2007 1:15 PM
> >
> > > Formula in cell H5 (can be in any cell):-
> > > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
> >
> > > Returned answer in cell formatted as [h]:mm :-
> > >  50:15
> >
> > > Answer looks correct to me.
> >
> > > #VALUE error is more like the values are not valid dates.
> >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> >
> > > OssieMac
> >
> > > "JStafford" wrote:
> >
> > > > Yes, G% was 11/13 and F5 was 11/9.  I don't want to take too much of your
> > > > time, but could I have the G5 and F5 formatted incorrectly?  I formatted them
> > > > as:
> > > > dddd m/d/yyyy h:mm AM/PM
> >
> > > > I'm just at a loss - this should be simple and I'm spending hours trying to
> > > > figure it out!  Thanks for the input.
> >
> > > > Jon
> >
> > > > "OssieMac" wrote:
> >
> > > > > Also check that G5 is finish date and is greater than F5 which is start date.
> > > > > That is the finish date/time must be greater than the start date/time because
> > > > > you cannot have negative date/time.
> >
> > > > > I copied your formula to a worksheet and inserted a finish date in G5 and
> > > > > start date in F5 and it works perfectly.
> >
> > > > > --
> > > > > Regards,
> >
> > > > > OssieMac
> >
> > > > > "Pete_UK" wrote:
> >
> > > > > > Are you sure that F5 and G5 contain real dates, and not just text
> > > > > > values that look like dates? Try changing the format of both cells to
> > > > > > general, and see if there is any change - a real date/time will look
> > > > > > something like 39412.97708 (today's date and time).
> >
> > > > > > Hope this helps.
> >
> > > > > > Pete
> >
> > > > > > On Nov 26, 11:00 pm, JStafford <JStaff...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > Hi OssieMac,
> >
> > > > > > > I pasted your formula where start date/time was in F5 and stop date/time was
> > > > > > > in G5 and received an VALUE error message.  Can you help me understand what
> > > > > > > happened?  Exact formula:
> >
> > > > > > > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
> >
> > > > > > > thanks
> > > > > > > JS
> >
> > > > > > > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > > > > > > > Hi RN,
> >
> > > > > > > > Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in
> > > > > > > > cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted
> > > > > > > > for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.
> >
> > > > > > > > Example 1:-
> > > > > > > > Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to
> > > > > > > > see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets
> > > > > > > > around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then
> > > > > > > > copy the following formula to the cell:-
> >
> > > > > > > > =(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))
> >
> > > > > > > > Example 2:-
> >
> > > > > > > > Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without
> > > > > > > > decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-
> >
> > > > > > > > =((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24
> >
> > > > > > > > Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS
> > > > > > > > Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was
> > > > > > > > this helpful.
> >
> > > > > > > > Regards,
> >
> > > > > > > > OssieMac
> >
> > > > > > > > "rnunley" wrote:
> >
> > > > > > > > > Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while
> > > > > > > > > excluding weekends and holidys?
> >
> > > > > > > > > Example:
> >
> > > > > > > > > Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> > > > > > > > > Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
> >
> > > > > > > > > Result = 24 hrs
> >
> > > > > > > > > Thanks
> >
> > > > > > > > > RN- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > > > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > - Show quoted text -
> 
> 
0
OssieMac (238)
11/27/2007 8:55:01 PM
Ah! Right! Something to remember for the future. Thanks for feeding
back.

Pete

On Nov 27, 8:55 pm, OssieMac <Ossie...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>
> I unloaded the Analysis Toolpak addin and under test I get #VALUE. Selecting
> Show Calculation steps on the error box adjacent to the cell confirms it.
> --
> Regards,
>
> OssieMac
>
>
>
> "Pete_UK" wrote:
> > I would have thought that would produce the #NAME error, rather than
> > #VALUE.
>
> > Pete
>
> > On Nov 27, 5:09 am, OssieMac <Ossie...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi Jon,
>
> > > This could be your problem. You need the Analysis Tool Pak Addin for
> > > NETWORKDAYS function.
>
> > > Tools->Options->Add-ins and check the box. If not there, lookup in help
> > > about loading addins.
> > > --
> > > Regards,
>
> > > OssieMac
>
> > > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > > > Hi Jon,
>
> > > > My test results:-
>
> > > > Cell F5:  Friday 11/9/2007 11:00 AM
> > > > Cell G5   Tuesday 11/13/2007 1:15 PM
>
> > > > Formula in cell H5 (can be in any cell):-
> > > > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
>
> > > > Returned answer in cell formatted as [h]:mm :-
> > > >  50:15
>
> > > > Answer looks correct to me.
>
> > > > #VALUE error is more like the values are not valid dates.
>
> > > > --
> > > > Regards,
>
> > > > OssieMac
>
> > > > "JStafford" wrote:
>
> > > > > Yes, G% was 11/13 and F5 was 11/9.  I don't want to take too much of your
> > > > > time, but could I have the G5 and F5 formatted incorrectly?  I formatted them
> > > > > as:
> > > > > dddd m/d/yyyy h:mm AM/PM
>
> > > > > I'm just at a loss - this should be simple and I'm spending hours trying to
> > > > > figure it out!  Thanks for the input.
>
> > > > > Jon
>
> > > > > "OssieMac" wrote:
>
> > > > > > Also check that G5 is finish date and is greater than F5 which is start date.
> > > > > > That is the finish date/time must be greater than the start date/time because
> > > > > > you cannot have negative date/time.
>
> > > > > > I copied your formula to a worksheet and inserted a finish date in G5 and
> > > > > > start date in F5 and it works perfectly.
>
> > > > > > --
> > > > > > Regards,
>
> > > > > > OssieMac
>
> > > > > > "Pete_UK" wrote:
>
> > > > > > > Are you sure that F5 and G5 contain real dates, and not just text
> > > > > > > values that look like dates? Try changing the format of both cells to
> > > > > > > general, and see if there is any change - a real date/time will look
> > > > > > > something like 39412.97708 (today's date and time).
>
> > > > > > > Hope this helps.
>
> > > > > > > Pete
>
> > > > > > > On Nov 26, 11:00 pm, JStafford <JStaff...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > > Hi OssieMac,
>
> > > > > > > > I pasted your formula where start date/time was in F5 and stop date/time was
> > > > > > > > in G5 and received an VALUE error message.  Can you help me understand what
> > > > > > > > happened?  Exact formula:
>
> > > > > > > > =(G5-F5)-(ROUND(G5-F5,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(F5,G5))
>
> > > > > > > > thanks
> > > > > > > > JS
>
> > > > > > > > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > > > > > > > > Hi RN,
>
> > > > > > > > > Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in
> > > > > > > > > cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted
> > > > > > > > > for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number.
>
> > > > > > > > > Example 1:-
> > > > > > > > > Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to
> > > > > > > > > see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square brackets
> > > > > > > > > around the h force it to display times greater than 24 hours correctly). Then
> > > > > > > > > copy the following formula to the cell:-
>
> > > > > > > > > =(A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3))
>
> > > > > > > > > Example 2:-
>
> > > > > > > > > Format the cell where you want the formula to a number (with or without
> > > > > > > > > decimal places). Then copy the following formula to the cell:-
>
> > > > > > > > > =((A3-A2)-(ROUND(A3-A2,0)+1-NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)))*24
>
> > > > > > > > > Hope it works as you want and if it does then if you posted via the MS
> > > > > > > > > Communities website then don't forget to answer 'yes' to the question was
> > > > > > > > > this helpful.
>
> > > > > > > > > Regards,
>
> > > > > > > > > OssieMac
>
> > > > > > > > > "rnunley" wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > > > Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while
> > > > > > > > > > excluding weekends and holidys?
>
> > > > > > > > > > Example:
>
> > > > > > > > > > Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm
> > > > > > > > > > Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm
>
> > > > > > > > > > Result = 24 hrs
>
> > > > > > > > > > Thanks
>
> > > > > > > > > > RN- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > > > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

0
pashurst (2576)
11/27/2007 10:08:24 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

time format 05-07-10
Can some one please tell me how to format time exported from Avaya IQ. example time exported 00:01:23 I need to format to only read 1:23 in excel 2007. Thank you Custom format as: m:ss -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "818jaime" <jc9972003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f6d65b78-b128-4720-af48-4663672fd33a@l31g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Can some one please tell me how to format time exported from Avaya IQ. > example time exported 00:01:23 > I need to format to only read 1:23 in excel 2007. > > Thank you On May 6, 8:18=A0pm, ...

How can I make an Excel time series chart?
My data is like this: PersonID Date TimeIn TimeOut 1 1/1/2008 03:18 05:18 2 1/1/2008 11:19 14:21 3 1/3/2008 09:27 15:29 I would like to make a chart that shows how many people were present for each hour of the day (1 to 24) Thanks MA MA, Arrange a table in the following manner: Time In Time Out 8:00 9:00 10:00 11:00 7:15 10:19 1 1 1 0 5:02 9:26 1 1 0 0 8:35 12:00 0 1 1 1 Sums 2 3 2 1 Put time marks (hours) into the head row. Put Excel functions like =If(And(C$4>$A5,C$4<$B5),1,0) by proper c...

Need to add semi colon in time numbers
I need a formula for taking a time number like 1435 and making it 14:35. I know there is a simple way to do it but I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- RustyB =TIMEVALUE(LEFT(A2,2)&":"&RIGHT(A2,2)) Format the cell then as desired. -- Best Regards, Luke M "RustyB" <RustyB.61f89b5@excelbanter.com> wrote in message news:RustyB.61f89b5@excelbanter.com... > > I need a formula for taking a time number like 1435 and making it 14:35. > I know there is a simple way to do it but I can't figur...

Avoid append queries too many times a day
Hello, I created several append queries to append to add previous day data every morning. But, how can I build validation to the query so that I or anyone can't append the queries more than one time a day (which will create double the data)? Thanks Why do you need to add previous day data every morning? How is your table structured? Seem like it would be easier to simply include a date field in your table. If you don't want to do that, you could probably write some code to update a field in the originating table so that after the records were exported, the export date would...

Time To Retire
I have set up a retirement account in MS Money. It is the type account where the employer matches my contributions. In a few months I am actually going to retire and start receiving a monthly payment. I do not know how to enter these distributions in Money. Can anyone help? Thanks If the payments are from that account, they would be deposits to checking, entered as transfers from that account. If the payments are from a guaranteed benefit plan I suspect they would be simply categorized as retirement income. "OmahaJoe" <jshanahan@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:1168...

Copying Multiple Links at One Time
Need someone's assistance to figure out how one can create multiple links from files on a hard drive, into a spreadsheet with each file link located in a separate cell. Problem: I'm working over in Iraq and support an Iraqi group working in a forensics area. The Iraqi team I'm working with wants to produce an Excel spreadsheet with links to specific files on their hard drive. Trouble is we have almost 110,000 files to link. Is there a way to do this without inputing each link individually? Heelinva -- heelinva --------------------------------------------------------------...

Hours Between Two Times
Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while excluding weekends and holidys? Example: Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm Result = 24 hrs Thanks RN Hi RN, Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number. Example 1:- Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square...

Time Calculations
I am trying to calculate "Start time" + "End Time" on a form in ACCESS 2007 example: I started @ 3:00 am on tuesday and did not finishish until 5:00 pm on saturday. How do I make a calculaution to give me a total for this? what fields should be included in the datasheet and the form? Hi Craig, Here are some articles that you may find helpful: On time and how much has elapsed http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA011102181033.aspx Using dates and times in Access http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA010546621033.aspx ACC2000: How to Calculat...

Microsoft Excel for Windows
in Microsoft Excel for Windows I would like to add time eg. 09:00:00 AM plus 05:00:00 PM less ONE HOUR equals 8.0 hrs. Anyone with an example.? I believe you're looking to *subtract* time, *not* sum it. Start time in A1 - 9:00 AM End time in B1 - 5:00 PM =B1-A1 Also, you said *less* one hour, so the total is really 7 hours, not 8, right ? However, to take into account where the end time crosses midnight, where the end time is smaller then the start time, use: =(B1-A1)+(A1>B1) Now change this to a decimal number, so that you can multiply it by the pay rate to get total dollars: ...

time est to move 5GB mailbox from 5.5 to 2003
Hello: I have a user who has a mailbox size of about 5GB on Exchange 5.5 that I need to move to Exchange 2003. What do I need to be concerned about while moving this mailbox? The total free space on the server is 27.8 GB while the OVERALL total is 52.8GB. My question is do I need to worry about moving this almost 5GB mailbox over the network? Plan was to do it during down time. So is there teh risk of data loss? The max mailbox size that I have moved so far here is: 2GB Thanks for your help. Anna I don't think that should present any problems regardless even of the item count. ...

Pivottable from two or more sheets...
Hi all ! Can anyone help me and explain how I get a Pivottable from more tha one range/sheet? I have more than 100.000 of sales figures (rows) that I want to make pivottable out of. But as we all know, Excel only handles 65536 rows. So I have to impor the data two more than one sheet. Is this doable? I am using Excel XP. Best regards /Dan -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dani AFAIK this is not doable within Excel. Can you export both tables into Access. You can create a cross tab query in Access which is like a Pivot Table. Regards Peter >-----Original Message--...

Same field name in two tables
I am running a query that utilizes two joined table. One of the fields for my query is Left([ACCT_NBR] ,3) AS Prefix. The problem is that both tables have a field called [ACCT_NBR]. How do I designate which table it is coming from. thanks Qualify it with the table name: Left([TheTableNameGoesHere].[ACCT_NBR] ,3) Ken Sheridan Stafford, England cluckers wrote: >I am running a query that utilizes two joined table. One of the fields for my >query is Left([ACCT_NBR] ,3) AS Prefix. The problem is that both tables >have a field called [ACCT_NBR]. How do I desig...

Two PCs; different delivery speed
I currently have two PCs in my office. Both run Outlook 2002. One runs on 2000 Pro, the other XP Pro (SP2). Occasionally I end up with Outlook open on both machines. Messages consistently arrive 20-30 seconds sooner on my 2000 box than they do on the XP box. The Exchange 2000 server and these two PCs are all on the same network subnet. The Instant Messaging option in Outlook's configuration is not enabled. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this difference in delivery? Regards, Todd ...

Time formula
Working with a spreadsheet (Excel 2007) that has a start time, end time and time Start Stop time 14:00 15:18 1:18 Would like to convert time to minutes and add 15 minutes to the answer. I have set up a custom format for minutes [m] but can't get the +15. Any help you can give me will be appreaciated. Try this: =MOD(B1-A1,1)+15/(60*24) -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Dottie" <Dottie@discussi...

Thoughts on upgrading every two years
The early comments on Money 2006 indicate that there is not much improvement over Money 2005. This makes me wonder whether I should even bother with Money 2006 (I already have Money 2005). My main concern with this type of product is stability. Judging from remarks in this froup, the upgrade process from 2004 to 2005 was especially nasty. Data was lost, and tears were shed. This suggests that frequent upgrades should be avoided: the upgrade process itself is unpleasant. On the other hand, I'm concerned that the upgrade from Money 2005 (all the way) to Money 2007 might be more defective ...

how can i create link between two sheets
if i want to registar someone in sheet1 with condition of if this person in level 2 his name must appear in sheet 2 in specific schedual "samer aljayeh" wrote: > if i want to register someone in sheet1 > with condition of if this person in level 2 > his name must appear in sheet 2 in specific schedule Venturing a guess here .. Try this sample construct (from my archives): http://savefile.com/files/8936561 Auto-Extract_Data_to_Own_Sheet_by_Category.xls Adapt to suit .. The key "Cat" column in the sample would correspond to, in your case, the key column hou...

very fine timing in movie playing (part2)
Hi, Thanks for all the replies about the timings. I think I can reach a timing of about 1 ms with Sleep(0) and reading cpu counter for fine adjustments. Now I need to synchrone my movie playing. - Is it possible to go ahead/behind about 10 ms at certain times while playing a movie, So that all of my stations get synchronized ? - Is it possible to keep a movie ready and at the desired moment start playing it with a delay less then 10 mSec ? Thanks again, Behzad "bn" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:e%23HuTZLmFHA.2656@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Thanks fo...

two-sample t-test of means
Hi, I am hoping someone could help explain how I could do a two-sample t-test of means using excel. I have very few values: 3 5 4 6 2 7 5 4 5 4 I am unfamiliar with statistical methods and would really appreciate any help. Not enough information. Are corresponding values in the two groups related to each other? Are you prepared to assume that the variability in group 1 is the same as the variability in group 2? Jerry Nico wrote: > Hi, > > I am hoping someone could help explain how I could do a two-sample t-test of means using excel. > > I have very f...

moving between two open word documents in vb
I have a database of items to order. I've created a Word Template to create a Purchase Order. When I fill a PO page I have to add a new page again which gives me a new document. I want these all as one document. I want to create the first page that summarizes all the P.O.s in the file and then append each PO on this page. Then leave the one document open for the user to save, print, etc. I can see how to append one document to another, but how do I switch between them in VB. I have not found a document name control to use. I create the po page with .Docum...

Adding a two digit number in One Cell
Is there any way I can add the two digits making up example: the number 16 which is found in a single cell. Add 1 plus 6 which would equal 7. The original number 16 is the number found in a single cell. In A1: 16 In B1: =SUM(RIGHT($A1,1),LEFT($A1,1)) Drag formula down if you want to do this to multiple entries in Column A. -- Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com Rich/rerat (RRR News) <message rule> <<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate>> "Billy118" <Billy118@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Sharing amil domain on two different mail server?
Hi! Perhaphs some administrators have the same situation. The following is our aim: We have two mail servers: one non-Exchange and the other Exchange 2003. We want host a mail domain, for example mydomain.net on both mail server. Some mailbox users of this domain will exist only on Exchange 2003 and some on the non-Exchange mail server. Exchange Server will delivery all outbound & inbound mails through non-Exchange mail server. If non-Exchange mail server receive any mail for Exchange user mailboxes, it will forward to these user mailboxes. All function well except one: If Exchange...

Help on combining two IF statements
How do I combine two IF statements? =IF(C12="PTO",-8,C12*$E$3) OR =IF(C12="HOLIDAY",0,C12*$E$3) Thanks for any and all help "Sunflower" <luvsunflowers@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I combine two IF statements? > =IF(C12="PTO",-8,C12*$E$3) > OR > =IF(C12="HOLIDAY",0,C12*$E$3) Perhaps: =IF(C12="PTO", -8, IF(C12="HOLIDAY", 0, C12*$E$3)) On Jan 24, 11:20=A0am, "Joe User" <joeu2004> wrote: > "Sunflower" <luvsunflow...@gmail.com> wrote: > > How...

how do I display last two digits of a SSN in a separate column
I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this possible? Try =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "katbone1" wrote: > I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit > numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this > possible? Hi Use a formula =3Dright(A1, 2...

Who could support me two codes including executable(exe) and com object?
Hello all: Who could support me two codes including executable(exe) and com object? and tell me how to use them?Thanks. Entire books have been written on this subject. Really. This is a HUGE question and there is no easy answer that you are looking for. I'd suggest looking for tutorials on places like www.codeproject.com and working examples there. Or examples and tutorials in the MSDN. joe On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:04:40 +0800, "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote: >Hello all: > Who could support me two codes including executable(exe) and com &...

Two or more SMTP servers
Hi there, is possible to have defined 2 or more SMTP servers in 1 e- mail account? Thank you for any help Roman Laube No - you need to set up multiple accounts -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "roman.laube" <roman.laube@centrum.cz> wrote in message news:127ea01c3c07f$e0eeecc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there, > is possible to have defined 2 or more SMTP servers in 1 e- > mail account? > Thank you for any help > Roman Laube Why w...