Hotkeys for text & background coloring

Hi.
Does anyone know the hotkeys for text coloring (font color) & background
coloring (fill color)?

Eg:
First you need to select the font color & fill color in the related toolbar
incons.
- When I highlight "I am great", then press "Ctrl+O" for example, the text will
be colored as what it's displayed in the "font color" toolbr icon.
- The simliar way applies to background coloring

If the above is not available, any workaround is still apreciated.

--
Additional information:
- I'm using Office XP

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could use a small macro to use as a wokaround and have as many
combinations as you want, im running some stuff at the moment so cant bring
up a sample for you but from the top of my head something like

you would need to put range here ( for each cell ) or a loop similar to

sub colourme()
range b1.select
do until activecell.value = ""

if activecell.value = range a1.value  then cell colour / cell font =
else
if activecell.value = range a2.value then cell colour / cell font =
and so on
end if

activecell.offset(1,0).select
loop
end sub

in range a1 =  " i am great"
in cell a2 = " try this"

down as far as you want to go

just one way hope it helps
Pete

--
(][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][)
"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote in message

> Hi.
> Does anyone know the hotkeys for text coloring (font color) & background
> coloring (fill color)?
>
> Eg:
> First you need to select the font color & fill color in the related
> toolbar
> incons.
> - When I highlight "I am great", then press "Ctrl+O" for example, the text
> will
> be colored as what it's displayed in the "font color" toolbr icon.
> - The simliar way applies to background coloring
>
> If the above is not available, any workaround is still apreciated.
>
> --
> Additional information:
> - I'm using Office XP
> - I'm using Windows XP

0
NOSPAM6065 (22)
8/26/2005 7:42:25 AM
Your idea sounds good.
Unfortunately I don't know muhc about macros.

Would you mind providing the whole scripts for these macros?
PS: If the request is indeed demanding or the work of providng the whole script
is tedious, forget my request.

> You could use a small macro to use as a wokaround and have as many
> combinations as you want, im running some stuff at the moment so cant bring
> up a sample for you but from the top of my head something like
>
> you would need to put range here ( for each cell ) or a loop similar to
>
> sub colourme()
> range b1.select
> do until activecell.value = ""
>

> if activecell.value = range a1.value  then cell colour / cell font =
> else
> if activecell.value = range a2.value then cell colour / cell font =
> and so on
> end if
>
> activecell.offset(1,0).select
> loop
> end sub
>
> in range a1 =  " i am great"
> in cell a2 = " try this"
>
> down as far as you want to go
>
> just one way hope it helps
> Pete
>
> --
> (][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][)
> "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi.
> > Does anyone know the hotkeys for text coloring (font color) & background
> > coloring (fill color)?
> >
> > Eg:
> > First you need to select the font color & fill color in the related
> > toolbar
> > incons.
> > - When I highlight "I am great", then press "Ctrl+O" for example, the text
> > will
> > be colored as what it's displayed in the "font color" toolbr icon.
> > - The simliar way applies to background coloring
> >
> > If the above is not available, any workaround is still apreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Additional information:
> > - I'm using Office XP
> > - I'm using Windows XP

You could make up your own macro to work like the  Format Painter
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/paste.htm#formats
---
HTH,

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:%237bhfbgqFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> Hi.
> Does anyone know the hotkeys for text coloring (font color) & background
> coloring (fill color)?
>
> Eg:
> First you need to select the font color & fill color in the related toolbar
> incons.
> - When I highlight "I am great", then press "Ctrl+O" for example, the text will
> be colored as what it's displayed in the "font color" toolbr icon.
> - The simliar way applies to background coloring
>
> If the above is not available, any workaround is still apreciated.
>
> --
> Additional information:
> - I'm using Office XP
> - I'm using Windows XP

On the page I referenced
   http://www.mvps.org.com/excel/paste.htm
are references to   getstarted.htm  like in the following:

 Getting Started with Macros how to install and use a macro.  General purpose macros like the ones described on the page (paste.htm)
should be installed in your personal.xls workbook and your personal.xls workbook should be hidden (Window, hide) so they are
available to any open workbook.
   http://www.mvps.org.com/excel/getstarted.htm

Text boxes #7
Is there a way to make text fill the whole text box, left to right and top to bottom? I have Publisher 2003 and Windows XP. Right-click the text box, format text box, text box tab, type zero in the margins. When you type your text use the justified option. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC8119A-43CE-4D74-994A-CB4D08CD07AB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make text fill...

Grid column display text trimming
Can text length that extends beyond column width be formated to display "..." to indicate the text length extends beyond the column. If so, would the same technique be used in the grid display with Visual Basic.Net. ...

Non-Scrolling Background inside CScrollView
Hi everybody, i have some problem i am trying to get working the last few days. I derived an scrollview class from csrollview and opened (created) it inside another cformview so that is is behaving like a control). It is similar to the example called ViewInDialog (a scrollable view inside a dialog) from codeguru or codeproject. I want to use this scrollview to list address entries and the view is only vertically scrollable. The view has (should have) a bitmap background. I 've chosen the cscrollview to be able to place buttons (via create) on the view. I want to use the buttons to jump t...

IE8 Color tabs
What is with the colored tabs in IE8? It is a bit annoying because when you have several sites opened, it is difficult to see the active tab. Is there a way to shut off or change this behavior? Thank you. Roxy Roxy wrote: > What is with the colored tabs in IE8? It is a bit annoying because when you > have several sites opened, it is difficult to see the active tab. Is there a > way to shut off or change this behavior? IE8 Tab Grouping http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/09/30/ie8-tab-grouping.aspx If you don't like the coloring to group the tabs then desele...

Text data
I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to calculate the number of times particular words/phrases appear in each column. I am very new to excel, so any help would be appreciated! =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,"word") replace A1:A1000 with your range and word with the word you want to count -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "excelbeginner" <excelbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE55CF40-F3B6-42F3-918F-D200690758F6@microsoft.com... >I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to > calculate the nu...

Is full-text catalog needed?
I recently upgraded our SQL server that hosts CRM from 2000 to 2005 and I was getting errors whenever trying to do a full database backup of of the MSCRM database. It was erroring out on the Full-Text catalog. I got around this error by changing my backup from a full "database" backup to a full "File or Filegroup" backup and excluding the full-text catalog. I then learned that I could enable full-text indexing in order to stop getting errors on the full database backup. My question is, do I need to have full-text catalog enabled? We dont use KB articles. And what i...

add blue double underline to certain portion of text in box?
I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a "blue double underline" to only a certain portion of my text in the 'text box' in Publisher.....would appreciate any feedback ; ) Thankyou ; ) Manually. Sorry -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mean ; )~" <Mean ; )~@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E7890FE-A5F6-487B-A638-561E4055A776@microsoft.com... > I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a "blue double underline" to > only > a certain portion of my text in the 'text box' in Publisher......

font color changes
I would like to make some formatting in my excel file volatile. if i make a change to a cell i would like the font colour to change to red. is this possible? any help appreciated. ellebelle Maybe... You could use a worksheet_change event that looks for changes to your worksheet. But you can fool this just by selecting a cell, hitting F2 and then enter. Excel knows you reentered the value, but doesn't know that you didn't really change it. If you want to try... rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior and select view code. Then paste this into the code ...

Auto Accept Agent custom response text formatting
Hello, I am hoping someone can help with a problem I am having with the Exchange 2003 Auto Accept Agent. I would like to use the agent to automatically accept/decline meeting requests and to include some custom text in the responses. I have configured the XML config file to include my custom text, however I would like to include some formatting of that text, for instance bolding certain words and changing the font color of others. I would also like to include some line breaks to make the text more readable. When I viewed the XML file in IE, the line breaks were removed and I haven't b...

How can I print just highlighted text from an email in MSOL 2003?
Without using copy/paste into notepad. Jehosephat, you wrote on Mon, 24 Mar 2008 06:27:01 -0700: > Without using copy/paste into notepad. This is only possible with HTML-formatted E-Mails. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net one of the utilities at http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/print.asp might do it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-sub...

Scroll to caret when appending line to rich text box
I've just came across to some very peculiar behavior with rich text box control. I want to add colors to my log window so I started with rich text box, to which I send messages EM_SETSEL(-1,-1), EM_SETCHARFORMAT and EM_SETTEXTEX. That works. Now I want to toggle the pinning of the scroll button to the last line, i.e. have RTB automatically scroll to the last line if the last line was previously visible, or do nothing if the last line wasn't previously visible. How I do that? EM_SCROLLCARET doesn't seem to work, and oddly enough SetFocus/KillFocus does, but it doesn't lo...

Text to Column Function Rejects Zeros
Hello, As part of a project, I was conducting a survey (administered online) using Snap survey software. Snap automatically sends results into an Excel file, which is great. However, several of the questions allowed participants to select more than one item ("Check the top 3 things..." etc.). These responses were coded in Excel into a 10101 format, where 1=checked and 0=not checked, all in one cell. Since 0 represents a response, I selected the cell formatting of these columns as Custom (Format->Cell->Number tab->Custom), so any 0s before the first 1 would not drop o...

Exchange Server 2003 SP1
I am getting them in the MDB Data directory, in the old ver of exchange server I used to delete these when I ran eseutil. Now I don't need to run eseutil for maintenance so can I still delete these text files? Names are : E00047A0 all 5,120kb, look like old outputs but are all modified today. Any advice would be welcome as they are taking up 17Gb at this stage? Run a full, online Exch aware backup to clear your trans logs. Never delete them manually. On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:23:02 -0800, Ciaran Magee - CPL <Ciaran Magee - CPL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am getting t...

Can you add or merge two text into one
Can you add or merge two text into one field or used Edit-Fill-Justify, great for realigning or resizing large text fields Andy Brown wrote: > > In A1, "Hi" ; in A2, "Keith." ; in A3, > > =A1&" "&A2 > > returns "Hi Keith." > > Rgds, > Andy Hi John - Don't need the parentheses. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- The...

Can you mark messages by assigning colors as in OE?
Can you mark messages by assigning colors as in OE? In OE I was able to mark messages from certain people in certain colors. That was part of the "rules". Is there any way to do that in Outlook? I have 2007, and I am a very new user, as of yesterday. You can use advanced formatting to mark mails with specific colors for = senders. Use F1 and ask about color formatting. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Candy asked: | Can you mark messages by assigning colors as in OE? In OE I...

how do i bring over text and number t
I need help......I will give you an example.....say I have a name and numerical value in F1-F4.......I would like to know the formula that I could put in A1 that would not only pick out the lowest numerical value, but bring that lowest value and name to cell A1. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi not sure where your name is, but if your name is stored in column G try =INDEX(G1:G4,MATCH(MIN(F1:F4),F1:F4,0)) Frank > I need help......I will give you an example.....say I have a name and > numerical value in F1-F4.......I would like to...

Legend and text entry
I am on Excel 2003 and need to create a simple pie chart. I am asked to put into the legend the data, individual dollar amounts and then the total in the Legend. Is that possible and if so how can I do that without effecting my chart. Thank you. Hi, If you are asking how to put the values of the datapoints into the Legend - Excel does not do this by default. But you can do it by creating a custom name for each of the data points. Suppose you have the names of the data points in A1:A5 and the values you are plotting in B1:B5. Insert a column between A:B and enter the formula =A1...

Color documents are printing in black and white only. Why?
I've recently upgraded to the newest Publisher version and I hate it. I have been unable to print any document in color...no matter what it looks like on screen, in a print preview, and when I print, it is in greyscale/black and white. Help! Check your settings within the printer setup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Bobbyesox" <Bobbyesox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDE46E92-EC6D-40F2-8244-FA71F7C4D275@microsoft.com... > I've recently upgraded to the newest Pub...

Merging text files with excel
Hello All. How can I merge several text files with the same format into one Excel sheet in one go ? I am importing them singly but it would be much better to merge them together before opening. Many thanks for any help ! Maybe you can use some old DOS commands. Shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate the Text files. Windows start button|Run (or flying windows r as a shortcut!) win98: Command WinXP/NT: CMD Go to that folder: C: (to change to that drive) cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3 to change to that folder copy *.txt All.Files Ren All.Files All....

Text Box Question

Format text box as bulleted list
Using VBA in AC2007 I would like to have a text box (rich text format) on my form automatically format the text that a user enters as a bulleted list when they begin typing. Currently the user needs to click the "Start a bulleted list" button on the ribbon before they begin typing. ...

Display text on Tabs of Property Pages from Application
Hi, I am working on property pages. Every thing is working fine.Just i want to display "Page1", "Page2","Page3","Page4" on the tabs of the property pages from my application. I have created this property pages using the property sheets by using AddPage() API. Now how to display on the tabs from the application. Is there any API for that.......... Thanks lucky If you're talking about changing the text on the tabs: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q141487/ Tom "lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:117336696...

Reply Text Format
When I reply or forward a message using Outlook 2003, it always defaults to PLAIN TEXT. How do you control this? I am familiar with the solution below about controlling the look of forwarded and replied messages, but I want the TEXT to be included and in the SAME FONT as a new message. ************************* I have the Mail Format set to "Compose in this message format: Rich Text" So I want replied and forwarded messages to be Rich Text as well ************************** Change the look of forwarded and replied to messages ************************************************...

Problem in Drawing Text with different Fonts & Charset
Dear all, I'm working in a program which will draw some string with both chinese and English character in the Window. I try to use CreateFont() to create a HFONT with Fonts "Arial" and CharSet "CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET" and then select the HFONT to the current DC. However the text drawing out isn't in Font "Arial" (It seems to be "Times New Roman" instead). After that, I try to use other available fonts on my platform, but the same outpur again. No matter what font I'm using, it give the same output!!! Does anyone know Why and how to fix it? ...

protect row color
I have a spread shhet that I have alternating row colors. If I do a data sort it moves the color along with the data. How do I protect the rows format so this does not happen Sounds as if the rows were coloured manually. Remove the colours, select the rows to shade using Format|Conditional Formatting. One way to specify every second row is MOD(ROW(),2)=0 Bernard "KIRK" <awm@cyberport.net> wrote in message news:1c4bd01c38850$83f15ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spread shhet that I have alternating row colors. > If I do a data sort it moves the color along with the &...