Hot key cheat sheet

Please share hot key cheat sheets if you have them.  I only have a few
hot keys that I use...I'm a newbie!

Ctrl+' ---- copies data/formula from cell above
Alt+F11 ---- goes into programming mode
Alt+Enter ---- enters a breakline in a cell

....and since I mail merge into Word, I use F11 to jump to all the
merge cells in the document.  It allows me to check if the data was
copied into the document correctly without having to look at
everything else.  If there's not a nice document already out there,
I'll summarize all the ones that get posted here and put it into a
PDF doc to share.

Eugene

0
leaftye (12)
6/20/2005 7:06:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Leaftye,

See Chip Pearson' s list of shortcuts at:

        http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"leaftye - ExcelForums.com" <leaftye@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote
in message news:efowZscdFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Please share hot key cheat sheets if you have them.  I only have a few
> hot keys that I use...I'm a newbie!
>
> Ctrl+' ---- copies data/formula from cell above
> Alt+F11 ---- goes into programming mode
> Alt+Enter ---- enters a breakline in a cell
>

> ..and since I mail merge into Word, I use F11 to jump to all the
> merge cells in the document.  It allows me to check if the data was
> copied into the document correctly without having to look at
> everything else.  If there's not a nice document already out there,
> I'll summarize all the ones that get posted here and put it into a
> PDF doc to share.
>
> Eugene

0
normanjones (1047)
6/20/2005 7:26:43 PM
Norman,

That list looks pretty good, but there's a few more I could add to it.
 I found the hot key sheets in the help file, but they're not
formatted like I prefer.  I like something that's really compact so I
can tape it to my desk or wall, or even slim strips that I can tape to
the side of my monitor.

Eugene

0
leaftye (12)
6/21/2005 12:06:33 AM
Here's a lot for lots of programs:
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/keyboard.aspx

Link found in John Walkenbach's blog:
http://j-walkblog.com/blog/

--

Dave Peterson
0

Index Function acceptig data from another sheet
I have posted a file at: https://filesanywhere.com I can enter cell referances in the arguments for the index function and it will return the value in the intersecting cell, but when I enter the values for the arguments by pointing to cells on another sheet I receive errors, even though the value in the cells I pointed to is identical to the values entered manually. I think that the posted file explains the problem better. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Not able to open the link "Gulfman100" wrote: > I have posted a file at: > https://filesanywhere.com > &g...

summary sheet?
I am using Excel 2K and Windows 2K. I have a set of worksheets in a workbook that are identically formatted. Is it possible to create a summary sheet that will automatically place the worksheet name in one column and information next to it from say cells A1,C1,F30 from all worksheets. I'm not a great VB whizz. Any help greatly appreciated. TIA Ket This will add a new sheet and create the list. Press ALT+F11, go to Insert > Module, and paste in the code. Then run the macro: Sub Summary() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim i As Integer i = 2 Sheets(1).Activate Sheets.Add With Sheets(1) ...

How to create a calendar from date information in XL sheet.
I have an XL spreadsheet that contains multiple columns, one of which contains data in date & time format. Is there a way to export this data and associated information from the record to another application, for example Word, and create a calendar? Any suggestions how to manipulate this XL data are welcomed. Thanks! ...

3M SandBlaster 423-120 Flexible Sanding Pad, 3.7 x 9.25-Inch, 120-Grit, Rectangle, 2-Sheet
Price:$7.30 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B000GLHW3Q Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000GLHW3Q Sandblaster, 2 Pack, 120G 3.7" x 9" Large Flexible Abrasives Detailed Sandpaper, Lasts 10 Times Longer Than Normal Sandpaper, Extreme Durability, Ultimate Comfort, Sandpaper Can Also Be Used On Detailed Flexible Abrasives Tool True Value #630-485. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 3M SandBlaster 423-180 Flexible Sanding Pad, 3.7 x 9.25-Inch, 180-Grit, Rectangle, 2-Sheet:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000GLE1OO 3M SandBlaster 413-220 Flexib...

How do I remove the outline protection in Excel sheet?
When I use the sheet protection feature of Excel, I can not unprotect the outlining feature of the spreadsheet. I would like to protect some cells in the spreadsheet, but not disable the outlining expanding and collapsing feature. I am not asking to edit the outline. I just want to use the outlining features as a means to navigate large sheets. Currently, I have to unprotect the sheet in order to expand or collapse the outline. Is there a way to view a protected sheet with the outlining features enables? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code...

Insuficient Key Column Information
Hi, When I try create a new button on my POS touch screen SO Manager (version 2.0) returns an error message "Insuficient Key Column Information" and refuses to allow a new button to be created. Can anyone interpret this message for me and let me know how to fix it so I can create a new button. The new button is a standard button, not a custom one. I just want to put the reprint button on my custom buttons menu. Thanks Dan Levin ...

Creating New Workbook from Sheet
Hi, any help with the following would be really appreciated, I have some VB Code, which works well, that for each change in a value in column A creates a new sheet. However what I now need to do is to either; a) create a new workbook for each of the newly created workshets, or b) instead of creating a new sheet to directly create a workbook, the ultimate end goal is to automatically email these workbooks or sheets. my code for creating a new worksheet is Sub create_new_sheets() Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ws1 As Worksheet Dim WSNew As Worksheet Dim rng As R...

How to create groups of several rows in sheet (excel)?
How to create groups of several rows in sheet (excel)? I am trying to create groups form several rows such as: +1 -2 -3 +4 -5 -6 That I can expand or collapse. Select the rows to group, then click Data > Group & Outline > Group -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:17,800 Files:359 Subscribers:55 xdemechanik --- "MIB" wrote: > How to create groups of several rows in sheet (excel)? > I am trying to create groups form several rows such as: > > +1 > -2 > -3 > +4 > -5 > -6 > > That I can expand or...

Changing from sheet to sheet
Hi there! Is there a function that would enable me to navigate from sheet to sheet in an Excel document (instead of using the mouse and click on the sheet I want to work with)? Many thanks! Hi Ctrl PgUp and Ctrl PgDwn is one way. Insert > Hyperlink (and after that clicking it) is another. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Greywolf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:5bfc01c42d6b$c2a26630$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there! > > Is there a function that would enable me to navigate from > sheet to sheet in an Excel document (instead of using the &...

saving excel with multiple sheets, but won't save to proper sheet
I have a shared worksheet in Excel that several people save to throughout the day. It has several sheets in it and just in the past couple of days, when people save, they either lose their changes, or the information is saved to a blank sheet that has not been used yet. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what is the solution. ...

How can I find automatic links in an Excel-sheet?
I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic links so that I can delete them? Tobias wrote: > I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At > least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I > have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update th...

copying charts into new sheets, data is pulled from old sheet
i make a sheet with a load of data and some graphs, then i want to copy the whole thing into a new sheet to process some similar but different data, all the cell references translate cleanly, and refer to the new sheet however, the graphs reflec tthe previous sheets ranges and data. how can i copy the graphs so they refer to cells on the new sheet? btw i know excel pretty well, and i could go through and drag new data on, but i would like about 30 graphs per sheet, so its tedious. thanks instead of copying just the data, use the Move or Copy Sheet option under Edit and copy the whol...

Does system.xml have any way to transofrm data with an xswl style sheet using strings like MSXML2 does?
Does system.xml have any way to transofrm data with an xswl style sheet using strings like MSXML2 does? how to convert this to use System.XML so i do not depend on MSXML2 interop? static public string XslTransform(string style, string strdata) { MSXML2.IXMLDOMDocument pDoc = new MSXML2.DOMDocumentClass(); pDoc.async = false; pDoc.loadXML(strdata); MSXML2.IXMLDOMDocument pTemplate = new MSXML2.DOMDocumentClass(); pTemplate.async = false; pTemplate.loadXML(style); strdata = pDoc.transformNode(pTemplate); return strdata; } ...

Transferring data between worksheets using Sheet Command?
Hi for an assignment i have to enter grades for 200 students in 4 subjects. there is a front summary sheet that contains all the subjects and all the students and their overall grade GPA etc.. anyway this summary sheet has to be populated automatically from the individual math, english etc.. worksheets. The guide says to do it using the 'sheet command' any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

moving data from one sheet to another
I have records in sheet1 as follows: A B C D E 1 NAME SEX SUBJECT COLLEGE WHETHER SELECTED 2 A MALE MATHS XAVIER YES 3 B FEMALE ENGLISH SEBASTIAN 4 C FEMALE MATHS PAULS 5 D MALE PHYSICS XAVIER YES 6 E MALE CHEMISTRY PAULS YES 7 F MALE PHYSICS SEBASTIAN YES 8 G FEMALE MATHS XAVIER YES 9 H MALE PHYSICS PAULS 10 I MALE MATHS SEBASTIAN Now, I want to scan entire data upto last cell of the range and move(cut and paste) those of the selected candidates, Sheet2 of the same book.After moving, the name o...

Product Keys and IDs
Ok, I'm an idiot. It's been several months since I installed several copies of Office for Mac. Since then the original software CDs have become separated from the machines they were installed on and now I don't know which CD goes with which machine. I'm trying to organize binders for each machine with the appropirate software in them. I know I can get the product ID from the Application menu, but how do I know which ID corresponds to the product key that came with the application CD? Is there anyway to get the product key from the application? Thanks, Beth In article <1...

Link between forms when the child field is part of the primary key causing crashes when creating new records in main form
This is access 2003. I'm making a form to create new records in a main table and simultaneously allow the user to create records linking them to data from a second. The link table data is shown as an embedded form within the main form. The link table has two columns to store foreign keys from the main table and a lookup table. I want it to have a compound primary key composed of the two foreign keys. The problem is that if I have the compoundPK set and then create a new record in the main form/table or have the secondary form set to link MainTablePK between the child and master forms ...

Coloured sheet tabs
How do I colour my sheet tabs in Excel 2000 Hi not possible. This feature was introduced with Excel 2002 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Shortmatbowler" <Shortmatbowler@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:781380A6-B5F1-463F-86E9-65960024B7F9@microsoft.com... > How do I colour my sheet tabs in Excel 2000 Hi Sorry you can't. Not available until later version, XP I believe "Shortmatbowler" wrote: > How do I colour my sheet tabs in Excel 2000 Sorry - Excel 2002 not XP "mzehr" wrote: > Hi > Sorry you can&#...

Help
Hi I have produced an Excel workbook for gathering exam results and giving a score to them, counting the number of passes over a certain level etc. Each sheet is one student and I have used a little macro to name the sheet according to the name entered at the top of the sheet. My summary sheet requires certain formulae to analyse results from each worksheet. The problem is, I can easily enter the row of formulae for one student - but there could be up to 50 in a workbook! The fill action does not increment through the sheet names either when they are re-named or when they have original na...

Searching Multiple Sheets
Is there a way to search multiple Excel Sheets (same workbook), other than clicking on each sheet and using the Find feature? Thank you, in advance. With XL2000 and higher, you can select multiple sheets by holding down the Ctrl key and then do Edit > Find. Or select all sheets by clicking the first sheet, hold down the SHIFT key, and click the last sheet. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to search multiple Excel Sheets (same workbook), other than clicking on each sheet and using the Find feature? Thank you, in advance. >. > Thank you ...

Unhide many sheets
How do I unhide 200 sheets in a workbook ? You could use a macro to unhide all the sheets. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim sht As Object For Each sht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets sht.Visible = xlSheetVisible Next sht End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Paul S wrote: > > How do I unhide 200 sheets in a workbook ? -- Dave Peterson > How do I unhide 200 sheets in a workbook ? Running this macro should work.. Sub UnhideAllHiddenSheets() Dim WS As Workshe...

Summarize multiple worksheet detail on summary sheet
I have a workbook that has up to 31 worksheets named 1, 2, 3....which contains db log information for each day of the month. Each worksheet has 2 columns (ColA=text, ColB=number): Worksheet1 ColA..............ColB TxtMsg1..........22 TxtMsg3..........1 TxtMsg4..........10 TxtMsg4..........3 TxtMsg7 .........24 etc....... Worksheet2 ColA..............ColB TxtMsg1..........3 TxtMsg2..........8 TxtMsg5..........9 TxtMsg6..........3 TxtMsg7 .........4 TxtMsg7..........2 etc....... Worksheet3, Worksheet4, ............. How would I create a Month Summary page that shows the sum of each unique val...

Synchronizing Spread Sheet in Two Locations
How can I synchronize an Excell Spreadsheet stored in two locations? Would like to synchronize spreadsheets stored in My Documents with the same spreadsheet inserted in Outlook Contacts. Help appreciated. Bill Hi this is not really supported by Excel. So I would suggest using a database application with replication mechanismn for this or something similar. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bill wrote: > How can I synchronize an Excell Spreadsheet stored in two > locations? Would like to synchronize spreadsheets stored > in My Documents with the same spreadsheet ins...

Search multiple sheets, then paste results in new sheet
Hello, I searched the web and newsgroups but couldn't find a way to do this. I would like to search multiple sheets in a particular column and paste the complete row containing the searched word into a new sheet. For example, suppose I have 2 sheets (sheet1 and sheet2), each containing 3 colums (item_number, description, brand). I would like to search for all items that are Acme brand, and have the results (complete row) pasted into a new sheet (sheet3). Anyone know how this can be done? I would truly appreciate any help with this. Best regards, Paul Dim sAdd as String, v as...

Sheet Names #3
Hello, Is there a way yo can put a formula in a cell to have it equal what the sheet name is? Example( I have a spreadsheet with about 30 sheets in it. Each sheet has a different name. Instead of haveing to name every sheet, and tab twice is there a way I can rename the tab and have a formula i the sheet that will name the sheet the same as the tab name?) Try this: =RIGHT(CELL("filename",A2),LEN(CELL("filename",A2))-SEARCH("]",CELL("filename",A2))) Just don't put it in A2 or you'll get a circular reference. "Marcus" <Mar...