HOME button in spreadsheet

I used to be able to press home on my keyboard and have it bring me to cell
A1 on a worksheet. It doesn't work any more.....anyone know why?

0
vtpcdr (1)
8/13/2007 1:33:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It sounds like you normally have Excel set to use Transition Navigation
Keys.....which makes Excel behave like Lotus 1-2-3.

Try this

From the Excel main menu:
Check: Transition navigation keys

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Tom" wrote:

> I used to be able to press home on my keyboard and have it bring me to cell
> A1 on a worksheet. It doesn't work any more.....anyone know why?

0
RonCoderre (135)
8/13/2007 1:44:00 PM
Or he could use Ctrl + home instead

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Ron Coderre" <RonCoderre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It sounds like you normally have Excel set to use Transition Navigation
> Keys.....which makes Excel behave like Lotus 1-2-3.
>
> Try this
>
> From the Excel main menu:
> Check: Transition navigation keys
>
> Does that help?
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> XL2003, WinXP
>

> "Tom" wrote:
>
>> I used to be able to press home on my keyboard and have it bring me to
>> cell
>> A1 on a worksheet. It doesn't work any more.....anyone know why?

0
terre081 (3244)
8/13/2007 1:53:12 PM
If Tom is willing to let Excel be Excel, instead of Excel peeking through a
1-2-3 mask.....you're absolutely right.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Or he could use Ctrl + home instead
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Ron Coderre" <RonCoderre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It sounds like you normally have Excel set to use Transition Navigation
> > Keys.....which makes Excel behave like Lotus 1-2-3.
> >
> > Try this
> >
> > From the Excel main menu:
> > Check: Transition navigation keys
> >
> > Does that help?
> > ***********
> > Regards,
> > Ron
> >
> > XL2003, WinXP
> >

> > "Tom" wrote:
> >
> >> I used to be able to press home on my keyboard and have it bring me to
> >> cell
> >> A1 on a worksheet. It doesn't work any more.....anyone know why?

0
RonCoderre (135)

spreadsheet format
My spreadsheet has both the rows and columns labeled with numbers, instead of the columns being labeled by letters. How do I switch this back? Dave, tools options, general, uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:285301c49e96$f4738170$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

transfer a field using button
Hi I have a button which opens a form called Second Form; this form has a client ID and the main form also has a client ID. When I create a new form, it gives me a client ID however what I want is the client ID to be generated from the first form. HEre's the code generated: Private Sub Ctl1Y_Form_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Ctl1Y_Form_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Second Form" stLinkCriteria = "[Client ID]=" & "'" & Me![Client ID] & "'" DoCmd.Open...

Can't see current users expansion button
When I try to follow the directions below to see who is currently logged inot GPS v. 9, I don't get the expansion button the directions refer to. Any ideas? Go to >>Help>>Index>>for keyword to find, enter "user login activity window" You will get the following: File >> User and Company >> Current Users expansion button Use the User Login Activity window to view the users currently accessing Microsoft Dynamics GP, the company each is working in, and the date they started working with that company (based on the internal clock of the current ...

Exchange 2003 Home Server
I have an Exchange 5.5 and an Exchange 2003 server with a separate Windows Server 2003 as the "main" Active Directory controller. My mailbox sits on the Exchange 2003 server. Yesterday, I used the Active Directory Users/Computers on the Domain Controller to move another user's mailbox to the Exch 2003 server (MAIL) from the Exch 5.5 Srvr (SMTP). It all looked OK until I started getting this: "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator." Use...

"save" button not requerying as coded
Using Access 2007 I have a form (frmNewFamily) that is opened when a NotInList event is triggered from a subform in a different form (frmAttendance/sfrAttendee). I have a "Save" button on the frmNewFamily that will save the record, close the frmNewFamily and requery the combo boxes on sfrAttendee. I have it working just great, but I want to delete one of the combo boxes. But as soon as I comment out the requery line, the Save button stops functioning properly. It will save the record to the table, but not close the form or requery the combo box. The same thing...

Predefibed command buttons in 2007??
PPT 2007 on WinXP Just wnet looking for my old friends from teh XP version, those predefined commands buttons for Next slide, previous slide, End and beginning of presentation. Can't find them. The only option I see for command buttons is to insert VBA code. Are these functions still available, but just hiding from me. can anyone point me in teh direction of these tools? If these predefined command buttons are truly no langer part opf PPT 07 can you offer the code to do "next slide", "previous Slide", "End of show", and "Beginning of show...

Trying to make a duplicate roster with a button.
Previously posted in wrong forum. 'HERE' (http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=265167) Thanks for the help guy -- virte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- virtex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26517 ...

Finite Difference Spreadsheet
Have a look at the sumif statement that populates the temperature array I didn't think it would work but it seems to. Regards, Tim Fabe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

automating data copy from dynamic invoice to single spreadsheet
Hi - I am a newbie vis-a-vis VBA. I am trying to copy data off of an invoice (that keeps changing every day) to a single spreadsheet. So far, I have used the following code: Sub CopyCells() Dim rngData As Range, rngDest As Range Dim i, j As Integer Set rngData = Sheets("Invoice").Range("A16:g35") Set rngDest = Sheets("InvData").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0) For i = 1 To rngData.Rows.Count If rngData.Cells(i, 1) <> "" Then rngDest.Offset(j, 0).Value = Sheets("Invoice")....

Updating Excel spreadsheet with code.
I have a client who needs a small spreadheet to be e- mailed to his PDA on request. I have compiled a VBS script which does this without a hitch, however, the spreadsheet updates itself from Bloomberg and other resources on the network. Is there anyway to run a scheduled task or VCB code which will open this file unattended thus updating the data. The file is password protected. ...

Calculate Totals in Spreadsheet
I have a query that is being exported to a Excel spreadsheet. I am using the VBA Docmd.TransferSpreadsheet command to export the spreadsheet. The users will then open the spreadsheet and use the autosum function to get a total for 2 columns. A request was made to have these 2 columns with the totals already in place when the spreadsheet is opened. Is there any way in Access that I can open the spreadsheet and somehow the totals for the 2 columns? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You, Joe V You'll have to use Automation. See whether my July, 2005 "Access...

Excel 2000 Workbook close button hides instead of close
We received an excel file in email. When we click the Workbook close button (the X) it hides the work book instead of closing it. When we unhide it, something changes and the close button works as normal, but we are asked to save changes even if we don't make any. Looks like there is some code in the background doing something or other. I'd check the workbook code, particulary the Workbook_BeforeClose event. It is more likely some code or functions are changing the worksheet contents than a bug in Excel. -- Regards, Bill Lunney www.billlunney.com "Steven Robinson" &...

Outlook XP to Outlook Vista Home Premium
I have my old outlook stored on an external HDD as my old computer died. The new computer has Vista, but when I try to retrieve the old email from the E drive, I get stuck. Can someone help me with the steps to retrieve the old emails? Thank you very much! ...

Excel spreadsheet
Hello, I need help. I made a pivot table for a report based on brand totals , i wish to add the % change in Dollar & Units for each. ... How do i do that? Please help. Hi, Add two columns in your spreadsheet with those calculations and add them into the PV, "BGuzman" wrote: > Hello, I need help. > I made a pivot table for a report based on brand totals , i wish to add the > % change in Dollar & Units for each. ... How do i do that? > Please help. I did that. Here is an example of my report: Attr - Brand Level Dollar Sales Unit Sal...

simple question; if my PC reboots and I have a spreadsheet update in progress...
where is the exact temp location on my PC where the temp file may be found? It probably varies by PC but there must be some type of standard/recommendation/best practice? Thanks.. Try something like Declare Function GetTempPath Lib "kernel32" Alias "GetTempPathA" _ (ByVal nBufferLength As Long, ByVal lpBuffer As String) As Long Sub AAA() Dim TempPath As String Dim L As Long TempPath = String(255, " ") L = GetTempPath(255, TempPath) TempPath = Left(TempPath, L) Debug.Print TempPath End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft ...

How to create a default footer for all my spreadsheets?
Using Office XP - I work with Excel every day. I like to insert a footer containing the filename, date, and page #'s on each of my spreadsheets. Is there a way that I can create a default footer that will appear on each of my spreadsheets (especially new spreadsheets) without having to go into each spreadsheet individually like I'm doing now? Thanks for the response, but I don't have a Normal.xlt file. Before I posted my question here in this discussion group, I tried using Help in Excel. I tried following the instructions to "Save styles to use in new workbooks...

Button not bring up Macro I created
I have created a Macro and a button that is suppose to link to the Macro. The button I created can't find the Macro. Does anyone know a good place to find a how to for this? Thanks Right click the button, on the dropdown click 'Assign Macro' The list of macro's will appear, assign the appropriate one to the button, Regards, Alan. "A.S." <A.S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295A08DB-21DD-45D3-A610-525182AE40B8@microsoft.com... >I have created a Macro and a button that is suppose to link to the Macro. >The > button I created can...

Dynamic creation of owner-drawn button inside a dialog
Hi some months ago I created a owner-drawn button class that works really fine when assigning this class to a resource id via a DDX member variable. But now we want to reuse this class for dynamic creation of a button control inside the OnInitDialog member funtion of a dialog. Creating the control like that MyButton.CreateNULL,NULL,WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON|BS_OWNERDRAW,CRec t(0,0,100,100),this,2); seems to be OK. But the button never appeared inside the dialog. DrawItem of the button class is never called. So what may be missing? Thanks in advance Bernd How have you declared My...

Denying local saves of spreadsheets...
I have a question on the possibility of denying a server residing spreadsheet from being saved on a client computer. While the data in ? has been write potected, and, therefore, altered versions cannot be sent back to the server from a user, I am wondering if there is some way (Perhaps an Excel Macro?) to deny the user saving this spreadsheet to his machine. I welcome any help on this matter, and thank you in advance. In article <E8A6111D-5956-4B5F-9F97-C3B92CD9B97A@microsoft.com>, proy4 @csc.com says... > I have a question on the possibility of denying a server residing spread...

Assigning numbers to spreadsheet entries...
OK let me explain... I have an excel file with 13,000 cancer cases. Each case (row) is identified by an individual patient's unique ID number and the year/month/day of their diagnosis. Each patient is listed in the database at least twice (at least 2 cancer diagnoses). Right now I have the data sorted by patient ID, then by date of diagnosis. I need to number the cases (in a new column) 1, 2, 3, etc. in the order they present for each individual patient. Example: Patient ID year_diagnosis NEW COLUMN 0001 1981 1 0001 1988 ...

Query Button Problem
On my form, I need to put a button to run a query. When using the toolbox in the Design View, I use the Command Button Toolbar, then use MIscellaneous, then Run Query. I select the correct one, and save it to the form. When I try to use it, I get an error message, and it will not work. What is going wrong? Can't figure it out if you don't provide an error message. On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:52:00 -0800, Shari <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >On my form, I need to put a button to run a query. When using the toolbox in >the Design View, I use the Command Button To...

lost newsgroup command button
I followed Outlook's help topic to add a "news" selection to the "go" menu. I started "news" from that icon/selection under the "go" menu and all worked fine. My second attempt to open "news" the selection was missing. I tried to reinstall the selection but now "news" is missing from the customize "go" selection. Thanks. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default new...

Spreadsheet corrupt on some users???
I created a document which now seems to be corrupt on my pc, it onl uses autosum (no macros or anythin) but i sent it to my mate and h can open and view it fine....what setting is stopping me from viewin my document correctly Any help would be most appreciated ps. this only happens with this document i can view others just fine -------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com "Corrupt" means what? Error message(s) upon opening? What are you expecting to see and what are you actually seeing that is not correct? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 09:00:08 -0700, ianwatson8...

Reading my home email while I'm at work
I have Outlook Express 6 on my computer at home and at work. Is there a way I can check my home email from my office computer? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, a...

Which edition contains excel, Does Microsoft Home? Thanks
Excel comes with MS Office Suite or as a standalone application. Excel or Office Suite is not included with any Windows Operating System See this site for Office Suite comparisons. http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:02:03 -0800, "vintage" <vintage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...