Hlookup help

I have a spreadsheet with 23 columns and 361 rows. I am looking to see if I
can use HLOOKUP to show me the lowest price in columns G-K-P. The other
columns have different data in them. Is there a way to use HLOOKUP or
something else to do this?

Excel 2007

Thanks in advance.
Ed

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Are you looking for the lowest value in G,K and P for a certain item (maybe
it is named in A)?
We need a bit more to go on!
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a spreadsheet with 23 columns and 361 rows. I am looking to see if I
>can use HLOOKUP to show me the lowest price in columns G-K-P. The other
>columns have different data in them. Is there a way to use HLOOKUP or
>something else to do this?
>
> Excel 2007
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Ed

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
8/24/2007 8:23:06 PM
I'm sorry. You are correct. I want to take what is in C3 and fine the lowest
value in G,K & P3.

"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> Are you looking for the lowest value in G,K and P for a certain item
> (maybe it is named in A)?
> We need a bit more to go on!
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove CAPS in email address
>

> "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a spreadsheet with 23 columns and 361 rows. I am looking to see if
>>I can use HLOOKUP to show me the lowest price in columns G-K-P. The other
>>columns have different data in them. Is there a way to use HLOOKUP or
>>something else to do this?
>>
>> Excel 2007
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Ed

You still have not explained very well. How about an example.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
> I'm sorry. You are correct. I want to take what is in C3 and fine the
> lowest value in G,K & P3.
>
> "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
>> Are you looking for the lowest value in G,K and P for a certain item
>> (maybe it is named in A)?
>> We need a bit more to go on!
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard Liengme
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove CAPS in email address
>>

>> "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a spreadsheet with 23 columns and 361 rows. I am looking to see if
>>>I can use HLOOKUP to show me the lowest price in columns G-K-P. The other
>>>columns have different data in them. Is there a way to use HLOOKUP or
>>>something else to do this?
>>>
>>> Excel 2007
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> Ed

0
dguillett1 (2487)
8/24/2007 9:02:10 PM
In this particular spreadsheet I have 23C x 361R with various types of data.
In column A I have an ITEM # and in columns G,K &P I have prices for 3
different manufacturers. I would like to be able to isolate the lowest price
for each item without having to hide columns and  manually doing it by eye.
I hope this clears it up.

"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> You still have not explained very well. How about an example.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm sorry. You are correct. I want to take what is in C3 and fine the
>> lowest value in G,K & P3.
>>
>> "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
>>> Are you looking for the lowest value in G,K and P for a certain item
>>> (maybe it is named in A)?
>>> We need a bit more to go on!
>>> best wishes
>>> --
>>> Bernard Liengme
>>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>>> remove CAPS in email address
>>>

>>> "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Lets say the data is in A1:X361
In Z1 you type in an item number
In Z2:
=MIN(VLOOKUP(Z2,A1:P361,7 ),VLOOKUP(Z2,A1:P361,11 ),VLOOKUP(Z2,A1:P361,16 ))
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

> In this particular spreadsheet I have 23C x 361R with various types of
> data. In column A I have an ITEM # and in columns G,K &P I have prices for
> 3 different manufacturers. I would like to be able to isolate the lowest
> price for each item without having to hide columns and  manually doing it
> by eye. I hope this clears it up.
>
> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>> You still have not explained very well. How about an example.
>>
>> --
>> Don Guillett
>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm sorry. You are correct. I want to take what is in C3 and fine the
>>> lowest value in G,K & P3.
>>>
>>> "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
8/25/2007 4:24:01 PM
To find the lowest price of *each* item, simply use the MIN() function for
each row.
With Row1 for headers, and data starting in A2, with prices listed in G2,K2,
and P2, enter this in say Q2:

=MIN(G2,K2,P2)

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In this particular spreadsheet I have 23C x 361R with various types of
data.
> In column A I have an ITEM # and in columns G,K &P I have prices for 3
> different manufacturers. I would like to be able to isolate the lowest
price
> for each item without having to hide columns and  manually doing it by
eye.
> I hope this clears it up.
>
> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> > You still have not explained very well. How about an example.
> >
> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > Microsoft MVP Excel
> > SalesAid Software
> > dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> > "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm sorry. You are correct. I want to take what is in C3 and fine the
> >> lowest value in G,K & P3.
> >>
> >> "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message

HLOOKUP

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/25/2007 4:42:40 PM
Agreed but the OP did not make it clear how he wanted to locate the row.
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> To find the lowest price of *each* item, simply use the MIN() function for
> each row.
> With Row1 for headers, and data starting in A2, with prices listed in
> G2,K2,
> and P2, enter this in say Q2:
>
> =MIN(G2,K2,P2)
>
> And copy down as needed.
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> In this particular spreadsheet I have 23C x 361R with various types of
> data.
>> In column A I have an ITEM # and in columns G,K &P I have prices for 3
>> different manufacturers. I would like to be able to isolate the lowest
> price
>> for each item without having to hide columns and  manually doing it by
> eye.
>> I hope this clears it up.
>>
>> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > You still have not explained very well. How about an example.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Don Guillett
>> > Microsoft MVP Excel
>> > SalesAid Software
>> > dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> > "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> HLOOKUP

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
8/26/2007 11:26:52 AM
As always, we await the OP's feed-back.<g>
--
Regards,

RD

> Agreed but the OP did not make it clear how he wanted to locate the row.
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > To find the lowest price of *each* item, simply use the MIN() function
for
> > each row.
> > With Row1 for headers, and data starting in A2, with prices listed in
> > G2,K2,
> > and P2, enter this in say Q2:
> >
> > =MIN(G2,K2,P2)
> >
> > And copy down as needed.
> > --
> > HTH,
> >
> > RD

-
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

-
> > "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> In this particular spreadsheet I have 23C x 361R with various types of
> > data.
> >> In column A I have an ITEM # and in columns G,K &P I have prices for 3
> >> different manufacturers. I would like to be able to isolate the lowest
> > price
> >> for each item without having to hide columns and  manually doing it by
> > eye.
> >> I hope this clears it up.
> >>
> >> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

> > HLOOKUP

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/26/2007 2:32:37 PM
Thank you both for you help. The MIN formula worked great. I could not get
the other formula to work.

To add to my request. If I apply a different color to the 3 columns, G-K-P
is it possible for the MIN result to show the color?

> As always, we await the OP's feed-back.<g>
> --
> Regards,
>
> RD

> "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
>> Agreed but the OP did not make it clear how he wanted to locate the row.
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
>> > To find the lowest price of *each* item, simply use the MIN() function
> for
>> > each row.
>> > With Row1 for headers, and data starting in A2, with prices listed in
>> > G2,K2,
>> > and P2, enter this in say Q2:
>> >
>> > =MIN(G2,K2,P2)
>> >
>> > And copy down as needed.
>> > --
>> > HTH,
>> >
>> > RD

> -
>> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
> !

> -
>> > "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > data.
>> > price
>> > eye.

> the

> item

>> > HLOOKUP

I would assume that what you're really after is the vendor with the lowest
price.

With the vendor's name in Row1 of each of the columns in question, this may
.... or ... may not work, depending on what data you have in the other
columns between the ones containing the prices.

With the MIN() function in Q2, enter this formula in R2:

=INDEX($G$1:$P$1,MATCH(Q2,G2:P2,0))

And copy down as needed.

This should return the column label of the vendor's name with the lowest
price, as long as there isn't any conflicting data in the intervening
columns.

--
HTH,

RD

"SteelyDan" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thank you both for you help. The MIN formula worked great. I could not get
> the other formula to work.
>
> To add to my request. If I apply a different color to the 3 columns, G-K-P
> is it possible for the MIN result to show the color?
>
> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > As always, we await the OP's feed-back.<g>
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > RD

-
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

-
> > "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> >> Agreed but the OP did not make it clear how he wanted to locate the
row.
> >> --
> >> Bernard V Liengme
> >> Microsoft Excel MVP
> >> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> >> remove caps from email
> >>
> >> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
function
> > for

-
> > -
> > !

-
> > -

> > the

> > item

G-K-P.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/26/2007 11:32:32 PM
Thank you for all the help. Perfect! Request has been satisfied.

>I would assume that what you're really after is the vendor with the lowest
> price.
>
> With the vendor's name in Row1 of each of the columns in question, this
> may
> ... or ... may not work, depending on what data you have in the other
> columns between the ones containing the prices.
>
> With the MIN() function in Q2, enter this formula in R2:
>
> =INDEX($G$1:$P$1,MATCH(Q2,G2:P2,0))
>
> And copy down as needed.
>
> This should return the column label of the vendor's name with the lowest
> price, as long as there isn't any conflicting data in the intervening
> columns.
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "SteelyDan" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you both for you help. The MIN formula worked great. I could not
>> get
>> the other formula to work.
>>
>> To add to my request. If I apply a different color to the 3 columns,
>> G-K-P
>> is it possible for the MIN result to show the color?
>>
>> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
>> > As always, we await the OP's feed-back.<g>
>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > RD

> -
>> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
> !

> -
>> > "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> row.

> function
>> > for

> -
>> > -
> benefit
>> > !

> -
>> > -
> of
> 3
> lowest
> by

>> > the

>> > item

> G-K-P.

You're welcome, and appreciate the feed-back.

Just how many names do you use anyway?<bg>

--
Regards,

RD

"South Florida Ed" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for all the help. Perfect! Request has been satisfied.
>
> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> >I would assume that what you're really after is the vendor with the
lowest
> > price.
> >
> > With the vendor's name in Row1 of each of the columns in question, this
> > may
> > ... or ... may not work, depending on what data you have in the other
> > columns between the ones containing the prices.
> >
> > With the MIN() function in Q2, enter this formula in R2:
> >
> > =INDEX($G$1:$P$1,MATCH(Q2,G2:P2,0))
> >
> > And copy down as needed.
> >
> > This should return the column label of the vendor's name with the lowest
> > price, as long as there isn't any conflicting data in the intervening
> > columns.
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> >
> > RD

-
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

-

> > "SteelyDan" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Thank you both for you help. The MIN formula worked great. I could not
> >> get
> >> the other formula to work.
> >>
> >> To add to my request. If I apply a different color to the 3 columns,
> >> G-K-P
> >> is it possible for the MIN result to show the color?
> >>
> >> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message

-
> > -
> > !

-
> > -
> > row.

> > function

-
> > -
> > benefit

-
> > -
> > of
> > 3
> > lowest
> > by

> > G-K-P.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/27/2007 12:45:04 AM
This is the last one. :)

> You're welcome, and appreciate the feed-back.
>
> Just how many names do you use anyway?<bg>
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> RD

> "South Florida Ed" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you for all the help. Perfect! Request has been satisfied.
>>
>> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
>> >I would assume that what you're really after is the vendor with the
> lowest
>> > price.
>> >
>> > With the vendor's name in Row1 of each of the columns in question, this
>> > may
>> > ... or ... may not work, depending on what data you have in the other
>> > columns between the ones containing the prices.
>> >
>> > With the MIN() function in Q2, enter this formula in R2:
>> >
>> > =INDEX($G$1:$P$1,MATCH(Q2,G2:P2,0))
>> >
>> > And copy down as needed.
>> >
>> > This should return the column label of the vendor's name with the
>> > lowest
>> > price, as long as there isn't any conflicting data in the intervening
>> > columns.
>> >
>> > --
>> > HTH,
>> >
>> > RD

> -
>> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
> !

> -
>> >

>> > "SteelyDan" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> -
>> > -
> benefit
>> > !

> -
>> > -
>> > row.

>> > function

> -
>> > -
>> > benefit

> -
>> > -
> types
>> > of
>> > 3
>> > lowest
> it
>> > by

> message
> certain

> looking
>> > G-K-P.

I gave some thought to the possibility that it was you posting the same type
of question just 52 minutes ago in this group.<g>
--

> This is the last one. :)
>
> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > You're welcome, and appreciate the feed-back.
> >
> > Just how many names do you use anyway?<bg>
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > RD

-
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

-
> > "South Florida Ed" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Thank you for all the help. Perfect! Request has been satisfied.
> >>
> >> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > lowest

-
> > -
> > !

-
> > -

-
> > -
> > benefit

-
> > -

> > -

> > -
> > types
> > it

> > message
> > certain

> > looking

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Help with Userform
I need to setup a restricted means of allowing users to edit data in existing cells on a spreadsheet through a macro (userform?). I want to create a userform that will read data from these existing cells and display their contents in a series of text boxes. The user will then have the choice to edit any data item, if they need to, or leave the data as is. Upon the user hitting the OK key on the userform, the edited data will be entered in their previous cell locations. Any help or examples will be appreciated! Thanks ...

Problems with Replace .. please help
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02E4_01C34473.61257B40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi,=20 I have an xml file. <cashier>=20 <tag param1=3D"work-14" param1=3D"0" param2=3D"1000199" param3=3D"1" = param4=3D"2141690" param5=3D"3" param5=3D"3" param6=3D"011111" = param7=3D"4" />=20 <tag param1=3D"work-14" param1=3D"0" param2=3D"1000199" param3=3D"1&qu...

Help with Linking
I need to do three things, if you can answer any of them that would b great. First, is there a way to make a macro that goes directly to the "Ope File" screen? What about linking it to a folder name? Second: I have a worksheet set up to pull information from a secon sheet, which needs to be imported first. All the equations return #RE until the text file is imported, which is named Sheet1 by default. wrote all my equations to pull from Sheet1, but if a new sheet get imported, I need it to pull from that sheet, Sheet2 (default). M equations won't change to Sheet2, or Sheet...

amend a PO with a query? Please help!
Hello, Our new warehouse manager entered, received and committed a PO from the wrong vendor - over 100 items! Does anyone know a way to either reverse the PO or change the vendor? Please help!!!! Thank you! diana Diana, You can reverse the PO by opening it again in receiving mode. Use the Quick Scan button and add an item to the PO (any item). This will 'unlock' or re-open the PO. You can now delete the item you just added back off. Next you would enter the quantity 'Received to Date' of each item into the 'Quantity Received' column as a negative. Fo...

Help on producing a Probability Density Function please!
Hi! I am trying to produce an empirical probability density function graph in Excel. The aim of it is to compare the data with the standard Normal distribution so I would also like to be able to plot the standard normal probability density function on the same graph for this purpose. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! See Mike Middleton's http://www.usfca.edu/fac-staff/middleton/demand.pdf -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <01E...

Please Help...I can not send/receive or delete email on outlook 2000
It gives an the following errors" Error has been detected in the file C:|Windoews\Outlook.pst. quit all mail applications and then use Inbox Repair tool." I spent hours tring to find a solution on the support section. Couldn't find it.. Thank you so much for help.. What size is yr *.pst? OL prior to 2003 can have problems when greater than 1.7gb The inbox repair tool is scanpst.exe If oversize; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 David "Daniel" <dqiab@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05a401c3676d$0ef74c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It gives an the follow...

How do you combine two columns to one? Help!!!!!!
I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! "sttrumpet" <sttrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72E43CE-CA99-4CD0-BCA1-85EFADCB459D@microsoft.com... > I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to > combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process > for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! Use the fuction =A1&B1 in cell B1 Drag the function ...

VB Code help
Here is a portion of one of my VB Macros in Excel: If Selection.Count > 0 Then MsgBox ("Average = ") & (RunningTotal / Selection.Count), vbInformation, "Average" End If My question: How do I format the number (RunningTotal/Selection.Count) to look like 0.000, instead of 0.0000000000000000?? What should my code look like with the new formatting. Thanks Chris Chris, Try this: ....Format((RunningTotal / Selection.Count), "0.000")... -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- &qu...

Need help in data copying. #2
Hi Dave Thanks for your reply. It is working perfect *if there is more than one row*. But If I have the data only one row (B8 in my case) , then it selec the data till the end of the file ( till Row no. 65536) I will appreciate your reply. Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25956 SMILE, Don't use .End(xlDown) For example, if the code is Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)...

Need help with using a bar graph in a report
I have a report that separates information about representatives by manager. I need the graphs to give a quick summary on a few stats from each rep but only show for that manager's team and not all information. For example: Manager A has RepA, RepB, and RepC under him. Each rep has Aux1, Aux2, Aux3 information which needs to be displayed. My goal is to show Manager A with his Reps A,B, and C of their Aux1, 2, and 3. Then, under the next manager Header I want Manager B to show Rep D, E, and F with their Aux1, 2, and 3 information. Etc thru Manager G. Please help... Th...

HELP PLEASE!!! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C5D651.83566720 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0019_01C5D651.83566720" ------=_NextPart_001_0019_01C5D651.83566720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable how do i get this background off this?? im very new... thanks.... =20 ------=_NextPart_001_0019_01C5D651.83566720 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-/...

Help creating a list
Hi, I have a list of values in a single column. Many of the values are repeated. I need to create a list from this, where each value only appears one time, and capture in a new tab. Example Tab 1: 2008 Record A 2008 Record A 2009 Record B 2010 Record B 2010 Record B Result Needed in Tab 2: 2008 Record A 2009 Record B 2010 Record B Appreciate any help....Thanks ...

Help organizing date
I have a list on a worksheet to organize purchases by the buyer where each the first column designates whether the purchase is a book...b or music...m or video...v. I want to make a master sheet where all the buyer's information is sorted by the catagories listed above. So if Sam bought 1 book 1 video and 1 music (on one worksheet) and Paul bought 2 books 5 videos and 2 musics(on another worksheet), how do I show on a master sheet the date resorted to show all the books music etc in separtate catagories . I want to not just count the books etc, but have the information that follows i...

my excel does not work properly, please help !!
hi there, i got all the Microsoft office programs on my laptop. Excel use to work perfectly, till last week or so. when i open it or open an excel program; it opens as if its " INTALLING " excel. it gathers information to install it then it says File could not be found on C:\Program Files\ then it asks me to BROWSE to look for the file. please help me, i need excel to work very soon. aa p.s. i had the office CD back home .. im in another country for couple of months. and you know how much it costs to buy a new 1. help me .... ...

Formula you typed contains an ERROR message
Hi Everyone - I am trying to enter the following formula: ***************************************************************** =IF($C7="SIL",0, IF((AND(OR($D7="Whole Shelled",$D7="Ground Shelled"),$R7<15.5,$R7>=0)),1, IF((AND($D7="Ground Cob",($R7-5)<15.5,$R7>=0)),0.5165, IF((AND($D7="Whole Shelled",$R7>=50)),0.5572, IF((AND($D7="Ground Shelled",$R7>=50)),0.6288, IF((AND($D7="Ground Cob",($R7-5)>50)),0.3016, IF(AND($D7="Ground Cob",$R7-5<=50,$R7-5>=15.5), INDEX(Tables!$A$131:$D$166,MATCH(($...

Need Help, this is driving me nuts
OK, I'm not a math or computer person but my wife is something like tha and she can't do it (I guess she is not that great, this seems to b simple enough). Basically I was trying to use an excell spreadsheet t keep my fitness progress and I found something on the internet, but th problem is that it's very limited from what I want, which in turn i much simpler than the template I found. I started working out and just wanted to keep track of my bod measurements (chest, biceps, etc) and this template does it, excep that it measures the difference as negative. Example: Today my righ...

Help with OR formula
I have the following text in A1,A2 and formula in B1, B2. WF-KIT-CITERNA =IF(OR((SEARCH("KIT",A1)),(SEARCH("CY",A1)),(SEARCH("HY",A1))),"KIT","") WF-KIT-CITERNA HY CY =IF(OR((SEARCH("KIT",A2)),(SEARCH("CY",A2)),(SEARCH("HY",A2))),"KIT","") B1 returns #value and B2 returns KIT. But If one of the abov conditions satisfies I need KIT in B1. Can somebody tell me why i returned value error and a solution for my problem. Thanks in advance Itt -- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

mailing list transpose help
I have a flat text file that looks like this Mr and Mrs Smith 19 Elm Street Boston, Ma 01231 Mark Hanson Kathy Elmstead 13 sycamore drive Bolston Mt 91320 Mark and Linda Everett 342 Pine Street Austin, Tx 53221 it goes on for about 500 entries I'd love to get it into this format Mr and Mrs Smith 19 Elm Street Boston Ma 01676 etc any clever ideas thanks Lowell Lowell To get into 3 or 4 columns per address. Remember!! Always experiment on a copy of the sheet or book. Public Sub AddressSort() last = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + _ ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Coun...

Year dependent macros......lengthy but i really need help thx
Dear Helpers, I'm making a project to manage my school's geography department' accounts and stock. I will try to explain my problems in as much detai as possible within my capabilities. I have recieved help from people such as yourselves before, bu advanced knowledge over mine has led to me making mistakes. I reall need some help again. Please see my attached spreadsheet. Please e-mai me at KrisB_bacon@hotmail.com if you have any queries/would prefe e-mail correspondence. Here we go: When you open the worksheet, you are requested to select the curren year. This allows a year t...

Need help with setting IFrame script
I got the perhaps overly ambitious idea of customizing the Account screen to load the map and directions from our office to the customer site. I am using the DirectionsFind url, though I may switch to MapQuest if I can find the parameter list. Which I use, however, is a moot point if I can't figure out how to make it work in an IFrame. I have written and debugged the JavaScript that concatenates the http command for generating the map and directions from one point to the next. I know the command works because I've pasted the results into my browser and it brings up the corre...

help, derag won't work and the outlook folder shows 36000 fragmnets
defragmented and the program works fine but when it finishes it looks the same on the as the original analysis. Then I look at the report and it list a lot of files that can't be drfragmented. The only thing I can think of is that this pc was once on MSexchange (the reason I mention it is that the outlook pst which is 1.8 gigs, shows 36000 fragments and it is located in the c/exchange folder) Anyway, what do I do??? how can I get the drive to defrag? Hello Bob When you open IE\Properties\Programs what do you see in there under E-Mail box. Use the dropdown arrow and take a peek on ...

Sort of Validation Help
Hi I was wondering if it was possible to do the following:The person entering data into the table has to enter very importantdata, therefore i was wondering if on entering the data maybe a boxpops up asking the user to enter it again, and if data matches then itenters sucessfully into the table however if not an error messageappears.If not is there any other way because i want to minimize human error!!Many thanks in advance. On Mar 11, 2:03 pm, essseeproducti...@hotmail.co.uk wrote:> Hi I was wondering if it was possible to do the following:> The person entering data into the table has t...

Rich M. I need some help Pleeeease
I am having trouble getting emails to be sent when I have created a dist list with external contacts in it. When I send to the dist list, I get " The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again." Is it possible to send to a dist list with contacts that are external? I have looked and read articale but I am not having any luck. Sincerely, Jim in Cinci *take all of the external contacts out of the DL *try now *does it work? if not, thats not your p...

VBA Pivot Table Change Criteria
I have a worksheet called Front where there is a field populated with a date in dd/mm/yyy format (in cell B10). On this worksheet I have a button which runs the below code and should look at a worksheet called Pivots which contains 10 pivot tables. I need the code to change the Page value of each of these pivots to the date populated in cell B10 on the Front worksheet. The source data and the pivot has the date in the same format as each other and the Pivots are named PivotTable6 etc etc... Sheets("Pivots").Select ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable6").Pivo...

Need help building chart to track trends between two different sets of data
Hi, all! I need to build a chart (for example, a 3D Area Chart) that will display the trend between two disparate sets of data. Now, I can't have the two side-by side, because one set of data falls in the 0-20 range(ish) while the second contains large cash values (cost of a precious metal, for example). Is there any way to build this chart so the smaller set of data uses a different scale than the second set of data, without displaying incorrect values? I considered applying a factor to the small value data set, but that just displays incorrect values on the axis. Any suggesti...