Highlighting cells #2

Excel 2007 sp1 with vista 32 business sp1

Background: When you highlight multiple non-contigious cells (i.e. hold the
control key down and select several cells that are not connected) Excel
highlights the selected cells in light blue.

Problem: This light blue does not show at all on many projectors.  In some
case you can adjust the color temp and this helps.  We do hundreds of
presentation in North America each year and can not control what projection
equipment we will be using.

Requested solution: I would change the light blue background that is applied
to selected cells to some other color or alternatively making the color
darker would probably work.  Can this default setting be changed.

Thanks, Will

0
will2586 (47)
4/15/2008 3:54:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Splitting Y-Axis into 2 for a line chart
Hi, I have a bunch of data series that I want to chart using a line graph with $ on the y-axis and time on the x-axis. The trouble is that about half of them have relatively low y-values (between 0 and $100) whilst the rest have high values ($600-$1000). My question is: Does anyone know of any way to manipulate the y axis so that it ues a scale of, say, $20 for the 0-$100 section, and then "jump" to $600 (with zig-zag or something on the y-axis to tell the user that the graph is non-continuous) and continue the chart there? Otherwise the scale just becomes too large or too s...

excel viewer #2
Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time and simply: it's not good. I think not everybody buys Excel and Office so there should be always fresh viewers (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc) best regards, on "on" <on@vnet.hu> wrote in message news:O1DNPQveEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? > Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time > and simply: it's not good. > I think not everybody buys ...

copy trendline logarithmic constants to a cell
Is it possible to copy trendline logarithmic constants to a cell for further calculations. For my enhancements to Dave Braden's code to do the needful: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/msg/0eda30f29 434786d?hl=en& To get the results directly in a worksheet: Trendline Coefficients and Regression Analysis http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/trendline_coefficients.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <798491F6-A322-46C1-BBB0-0EF43CDD47FC...

I Need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100
Merry Christmas, I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100. Anybody know a way to do this? put 100 in a cell, copy it, select row 2 and 3, do edit>paste special and check divide Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brent E" wrote: > Merry Christmas, > > I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100. Anybody know a way to do > this? Put "=1/3" in a cell and then select it, copy, then select rows 2 and 3 and click edit | paste special | multiply. "Brent E" wrote: > Merry Christmas, > > I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 b...

1 Mailbox
Here is the situation: Main Office in Country A (Exchange 2003) Remote Office in Country B (Exchange 2003) I have several users that travel between country A and country B. We have an exchange server in both offices. The complaint is that when the users get to Remote Office in Country B because their profile points to Main Office in Country A, their outlook session runs slowly. We have temporarily put in a measure that when they travel from Country A to Country B that they are instructed to log into a seperate profile that points them to the exchange local to where they are. When travel a...

Excel
When using MS Works I can enter letters and numbers in a cell and the total of the cells in a row will be calculated correctly(for my particular requirement) by ignoring anyone of the cells in the row which has letters and numbers together. All the cells are formated as 'General'. When I try to do this task in Excel it gives an error in the result cell. Note that any cell may have a mixture of letters and cells. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you James Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Bing Search RSS with Silverlight 3 RIA Domain Ser...

prevent blank cell #2
How do I prevent users of my workbook from making a cell blank? I want them to be able to edit it so have left it unprotected but I donot want them to be able to leave it blank. It looks as if the Data Validation command should do it, but I can't get it to work. Your repeat post appears as a reply to the thread in my browser. As a result, I almost didn't read your post on the assumption that your question had already been answered. I suspect many others did ignore your post for the same reason. Assuming that you know how to set up the validation condition (uncheck "I...

How to Make Word Automatically Highlight All Adverbs and Adjectives in a Document.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The subject says it all. I am manually going through a word processing document to highlight all adjectives and adverbs. Is there a way to have word do this automatically? <br> Thnxs! With any degree of practicality or expectation of reliable results, no. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/10/10 10:22 PM, in article 59bb2a23.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "elena004@officeformac.com" <elena004@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac O...

CRM 1.2 exam for customers
Is certification available for customers or is this only available for partners. I've read many of these postings in regards to the exam and many people mentioned getting the study material straight from Microsft rather than take the courses...how would a customer go about getting the study material? Thanks Yes, starting July 1, 2004, customers will be able to take a Microsoft Business Solutions exam at Pearson VUE or Prometric testing centers. "Jen Selmeyer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb2901c4390d$f3ef7090$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

Cash Flow Doesn't Display #2
Folks - Any ideas on how to get Cash Flow to start displaying? (Money 2007 Deluxe) I've followed the KB Q312814 article doing one run of manual deleting each Bill -- didn't work and then the mass Bills delete under repair -- didn't work either. Even though the Bill summary is empty, Cash Flow screen doesn't come up. I have run through the Standard Repair. (Don't have/use Budget or Debt Reduction) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- Dale. ...

Formatting Cells #7
I am using Excel 2003 and trying to format a cell...The data in the cell looks like 1234567A but I would like to format it so it looks like 123-456-7-A...Does anyone know how to do that? Custom formatting does not work on a text value (which is what you have), so you could do it in a helper column like this: =3DLEFT(A1,3)&"-"&MID(A1,4,3)&"-"&MID(A1,7,1)&"-"&RIGHT(A1) Copy this down to suit. You could hide column A so that you have the display that you want, but you still have the original values if you need them for something else. Hope...

how create project with mfc #2
thank you for reply, i'm on way learn , i have book on visual c++, but it is too diff j# an c++ in win api ... and mfc thank you very much, i take your recommend... Regards, Vis_line - ViS_Line ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

XML Serialization problem ( ver.2)
Hi folks! I have some XML Serialization problem. I searched Internet and found some good info but still can't resolve the problem. I have next situation: I have solution contains 2 projects: Proj1 and Proj2. Each project compiled to dll. In Proj1 contains Class1 And Proj2 contains Class2. Now, Class2 has reference to Class1. I want to XML serialize Class2. In order to do that I added attr: [XmlInclude(typeof(Class1))] before Class2 definition. It's compiled but when it's running it throws exception something like that: "File or assembly name Proj1, or one of its dependenc...

2 WITH statements
Doing this in SQL 2005. How do you connect 2 WITH statements. I'm trying to use (;) or (,) and neither is working. What am I doig wrong. I'm just tyring to get the second WITH table to show up. Thanks from a newbie ******************************************************************* WITH MtdCount(TraderID, MTD) AS (SELECT Commission.TraderID, COUNT(Trades.Broker) AS MTD FROM Trades RIGHT OUTER JOIN Commission ON Trades.Broker = Commission.TraderID WHERE (Trades.TradeDate >= DATEADD(mm, DATEDIFF(mm, 0, @TradeDate), 0)) AND (Trades.TradeDate <= @TradeDa...

Recipient Policy not working #2
I recently moved our Exchange server to a new server by restoring the information stores from backups. Everything seems to be working fine, but now when I add a new user/mailbox I have to manually enter an SMTP address for them. The recipient policy isn't propogating out to new users like it did before. Any ideas? Hi Andrew Could you check the Recipient Update Service via Exchange System Manager and ensure it is pointing to a valid Exchange server and Domain Controller. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

CRM usage reports #2
What would be the best way to generate CRM usage reports, like - which users/business units make heavier use of the CRM - what are the crm's "most visited" areas - what are the peek hours or seasonality patterns in usage, etc. These reports could be used to help make decisions about hardware upgrades in advance and things like that Should these reports be based on IIS logs, SQL Server ones, or something entirely different? I think the CRM IIS log would be the best for your analysis needs. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 2, 5:34=A0pm, v...

Clear a cell's contents when document is saved
Is there a non-macro way to clear a cell's contents automatically when the spreadsheet is saved? This is one of several un-locked cells in my spreadsheet and I want to clear 1 or 2 specific cells each time a document is closed. I have hidden notes (a price list) that are only visible via Conditional formatting color change from white to black if a password is entered in the cell I want to clear upon Saving or exiting a document to prevent the next user, possibly a customer, from seeing the notes (price list) if not authorized. If I need a macro, what would you suggest? ...

only returning cells with Text in it
Hi, I have a column that returns some text, if something else is true. Now what I want to do is take only the cells in that column and list them on another sheet. The trick is, that ill need to do this with a frmula, since it will be a hosted template and the user wont be able to use excel functions like sort, etc. so, if I have 10 cells and 3 of them have test in them, I want to show only the text in those 3 cells in another sheet. I hope that makes sense.... Thanks for your help.... Assuming that Sheet1!A1:A10 contains your data, enter the following formula in Sheet2!A1 and copy do...

break links crashes Excel 2002 #2
It appears that it may just be one workbook file. I tried it wit another file and it did not crash. We primarily use one Excel workboo as a template. Copies of this file are probably 95% of all the Exce files we use so it is a big problem for us. Assuming that it is just this one important file, any ideas how to fi this workbook so that we can break the links with the toolbar command -- ED ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EDS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=879 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

CRM4 Rollup 2 lookup icons are gone
Hi, We have just upgraded our CRM3 to 4 and applied Rollup 1 and Rollup 2 immediately after the upgrade. Now it seems to have a few funny things happening. 1) in a lookupfield, type one letter and press tab. If there is more than one hit the letter became red, and you can click on it to get a list of matches. Before each match there should be an icon. It seems that the icons cant be displayed now. It's only showing a little icon with a red cross. Any idea? Normally it shows relevant entity icon. What kind of lookup field is it? Is this a problem across all the lookup fields? &q...

Adding separate accumulators for multiple cells
I've learned to add an accumulator to multiple cells using the code on http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Static dAccumulator As Double With Target If Not Intersect(.Cells, Range("C8:O9")) Is Nothing Then If Not IsEmpty(.Value) And IsNumeric(.Value) Then dAccumulator = dAccumulator + .Value Else dAccumulator = 0 End If Application.EnableEvents = False .Value = dAccumulator Application.Ena...

Hide all Sheets #2
Ron thanks a lot it did the trick. Visit your page great stuff in there! -- Fable ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2185 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314989 ...

Error 0x800ccc79 #2
I have an Exchange 2k installation and my clients are using Outlook 2000 & 2002. Whenever they try sending a message using Outlook, they get error 0x800ccc79 Unable to raly for ..., but this doesn't happen if they send the same message (from the same computer). Thanks, Alex See http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033 for a discussion of this and solutions. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Alexandru Nedelcu" <alexandru.nedelcu@ccr.ro> wro...

Portfolio Review #2
I have a line in my portfolio review (MM2004) that show me my portfolio performance YTD and last 12 months. Up until recently it used to show the DOW, NASDAQ, and S & P performance underneath. Does anyone know what I might have done to remove this? and how to get it back? Thanks, DJ ...

Jet Reports #2
Anybody want to comment on this tool? Anybody happy enough with a RAD report development tool to give testimony? ...