Hiding Pivot Table Toolbar from a macro

I have recorded several macros to create different pivot tables that I
repeatedly use.  When I first recorded
them, I forgot to close the Pivot Table Toolbar
before I stopped recording and it appears each time I run a macro to
create the tables.  That was OK
for a while until I had finished modifying the individual macros to
have the tables look just like I want and where I want them.

Now I would like to do away with the Pivot Table Toolbar by code at the
end of each  macro.  How
to do that is beyond me. Maybe it can't be done but that doesn't stop me
from wanting to do it.

Will someone please help me out here?

Thank you.

0
XXXXXXXX (110)
5/13/2005 4:22:29 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Whoops!  That was too easy once I stopped try to make it hard.  Problem
solved with

Application.CommandBars("PivotTable").Visible = False.

Thank you.

"Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message
>I have recorded several macros to create different pivot tables that I
>repeatedly use.  When I first recorded
> them, I forgot to close the Pivot Table Toolbar
> before I stopped recording and it appears each time I run a macro to
> create the tables.  That was OK
> for a while until I had finished modifying the individual macros to
> have the tables look just like I want and where I want them.
>
> Now I would like to do away with the Pivot Table Toolbar by code at
> the end of each  macro.  How
> to do that is beyond me. Maybe it can't be done but that doesn't stop
> me from wanting to do it.
>
> Will someone please help me out here?
>
> Thank you.

0
XXXXXXXX (110)

Toolbar macros, Personal.xls and the .xlb file
Several of my toolbar buttons are associated with macros. Whenever I update the toolbars I copy my .xlb file to the other 2 or 3 machines I work on. However my Personal.xls file is not located in the same folder on each machine. Consequently after copying the new .xlb file across to the other machines, I have to re-point each button to the correct macro. Is there an easier way of doing this - eg. with some specific macro? Your life will become much simpler if you include code to create the toolbar when the workbook is opened and include code to destroy the toolbar when the workbook is closed...

refresh pivot report
Every time I refresh my pivot table I lose formatting that I have to re-do every time, specifically column widths, cell borders and cell formatting such as bold and wrapped. I also lose this formatting when I use my page fields drop down box to look at different groups of data. Is there anything I can do to retain my formatting in these situations? -- Julie Julie If you go into the Pivot table options you can de-select the box "Auto Format Table". This should do the trick. Roger "Julie" wrote: > Every time I refresh my pivot table I lose formatting that I...

Pivot tables remember values that are not available anymore
Hello everyone I would like to ask you is it is possible to reset the fields in a pivot table to make disapear values that they are not anymore available on the data form the selection-criteria when a fields is drill down example lets make a simple table like :: uno dos tres a q 1 s q 2 d q 3 f q 4 g q 5 a w 6 s w 7 d w 8 f w 9 g w 0 make a pivot table and drilldown "uno" (row fields), drillacross "dos" (column fields) and "tres" as Data-Items so in the selection criteria for "uno" ...

Macro writing
I understand the concept of macros, I just don't know how they execute and the possible functions. I would like to import a considerable amount of data from excel into access. The problem I have is that the information I want to import for each record is on two adjacent lines. I need a macro that will move the data contained in just one cell to the end of the row above it and then delete the row that, that information was contained in. Then I need it to repeat that function on every other row. Sounds easy right? Way my luck runs you could do anything you want to do except what I need. Anyo...

Macro for test result Count as pass, fail and incomplete.
Hi all, Please send me a macro to resolve my issue as i have to excecute test cases and after that at the end of the day i need to send the number of count for my test cases as Pass, Fail and incomplete, and right now i'm doing this manually so please send me a macro so that just running that macro i 'll able to count my test result separatly as pass fail and incomplete... Thanx in advance... Amar You have given no information about the data layout, so it is difficult to be specific, but you can probably do what you want with a worksheet function instead of a macro. See Help fo...

Calculated items/fields in pivot table
Dear all, I am new to excel pivot table and I would like to ask you all a question regarding the calculated items/fields in pivot table. I am making a pivot table whose data source is shown below: Team Salesperson Amount Sold Price each Team Person Amount Sold Price each Paper A 50 35 Paper D 60 25 Pen D 500 4 Desk C 20 400 Desk A 10 700 Pen B 700 3.5 Clip B 500 2.5 Clip C 600 2 Desk B 15 600 I am thinking if it is a way to add a field in the pivot table which can show the total sale of each Team. For e...

A/P Tables
Hi, Which table(s) contain(s) the A/P checks/payments? Which column hold the check number? Are payments via credit-card in the same table(s) with checks? Many thanks, -Itai You can find this information in the SDK found on the second Great Plains cd. Payments are payments. The type is a column in the table. "Itai" wrote: > Hi, > Which table(s) contain(s) the A/P checks/payments? > Which column hold the check number? > Are payments via credit-card in the same table(s) with checks? > Many thanks, > -Itai > > > > > Charles, The SDK indic...

Hiding Rows Conditionally
Is it possible to hide a row only if a certain cell in the row contains a reference to another cell that has a specific value? Here's the scenario: Column A of a Summary sheet contains a list of 20 categories. Each category row contains references to data on another worksheet. Often, there is no data for a specific category, so the Summary sheet displays the category with zeroes or various errors depending on the formulas referencing the data. I would like to hide the entire row if the referenced data cell contains a certain value, for instance "0". Can it be done? Thanks for a...

chart resize macro #2
Hi all, I often have to put a large number of charts in a report that need to be the same size. I'd like to create a macro that automatically resizes selected charts rather than manually resizing each one. I've tried to record a macro where I select a chart and resize it but the resizing part doesn't seem to get recorded. Any idea on how I would do this? Thanks, Josh Sub ChartResize1024x768() Dim oCht As Chart Set oCht = ActiveChart oCht.Parent.Width = 768 '1024*.75=768 oCht.Parent.Height = 576 '768 *.75=576 End Sub Works perfectly. Thank...

How I write following macro?
Hi. I must prepare macro: that is steps open file (xml) finding in this file strings, that is defined in macro For found strings copy falue, that is in xml structure (beetwen > < for exammple: >100<) paste number in right cell (in to excel file) Open window: save as... thx Tom ...

how to create a chart from a dynamic table of data?
hai!! i need to create a chart from a dynamic table,meaning that the table is auto-generated from database after clicking a button.This is my first time using macro in excel, so i'm not really well in it. my idea right now is using Chart.Add,but then i'm having problem on how to define the cells selection(i must do "the do..loop statement" rite?) ur help is very appreciated,tq! Use the macro recorder as a guide. When I record a macro to create a simple chart it looks like: Sub Macro1() ' Macro recorded 7/30/2007 by Jon Peltier ' Charts.Add ActiveChart.Ch...

Pictures don't display in tables
Have been inserting jpegs into word tables for years. Suddenly the picture doesn't display in normal or print mode. Instead I get an border. If I click inside of the border the drag handles appear but they are not active. It's a pain I can live with as the pictures do print however, I can't size them. What have I messed up? -- Joe Hi Joe, You might want to check if you have the option "Show picture placeholders" enabled? Its help text indicates "Display an empty box in place of each graphic in the document to improve scrolling performance....

Tools-macro-security
One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. Every time she opens the database, she gets assaulted by meaningless security messages because she cannot turn them off. Is this being controlled by the IT department with some registry setting? Pat: It COULD be a Group Policy that their SysAdmin has set. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ____________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Pat Hartman" wrote: > One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. > Eve...

Unable to insert record in table
Hi, Using SQL Server 2005. I have a table with one required field (key field, var type int) and various other optional fields. Yesterday, my Access VBA code failed to action the following SQL statement: INSERT INTO ORDERS (OrderID) VALUES (9121165) I got a time out error and a report that the record could not be inserted (error code -2147217887). So I opened SQL Server Managment studio and opened the table. When I tried to insert a new record using the same OrderId, I first got a timeout error and could not add the record. AFter OK'ing the error, I was able to cli...

Looking up data from a table conditionally
Hello, I would like to know how to create a formula that looks at a value in one cell, uses that value to find a corresponding value in a separate table, and then enters that value in my sheet. For example, say I want a value to appear in cell B1 based on the value in cell A1. If the value in cell A1 is "B", and the value in a separate table that corresponds to "B" is $500, I want the formula in cell B1 to return the value "$500". Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks, Eric Classic application for the VLOOKUP formula......... =VLOOKUP(A1,YOURTABLE,2,FALS...

macro with F9
I want to a macro to insert the formula =TODAY() and then recalc it to make it a static result that represents the date as of the time the macro is run, not a dynamic formula that would change with each new day. I have recorded a macro to do this. If I run the macro & today is Aug 3, the correct result would be 08/03/2005, not the formula =TODAY(). However, if I run my macro tomorrow, Aug 4, the macro returns a result of 08/03/2005, because the code that resulted from my macro-record has a line in it, such as Select Active Cell. Active Cell = "08/03/2005." I would like ...

Pivot Table
In my Pivot Table, I have all the column headers formatted to "wrap text". When I select new data to display in the pivot table, it removes the wrapping on the column headers. I've deselected the AutoFormat Table option, but the behavior continues. Any way around this? You may have to enable selection (From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Select, and click on Enable Selection) Before formatting cells, instead of selecting the entire column, use the selection feature to select the items in the description field. For example, move the pointer to the top of a column ...

Need Records from 2 Tables
I have an Employee table in Access that is updated weekly from a Payroll system. If someone is terminated, they will no longer be in this table. It was suggested I create a "History" table to keep from losing these terminated records. BUT, this would mean when I query to find an associate, I would need to look at all the records from the Employee Table, and just the unmatched records in the "History" table. With what I know of joins, there isn't a way to do this. So what do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! PB, If you move the terminated empl...

Pivot table from Multiple Consolidation Ranges
Dear All Excel Experts, Creating a Pivot Table from 1 data table in 1 worksheet gives me the Pivot Table the way I want it, meaning as many Page Fields as I defined them at the top left of the Pivot Table. These Page Fields represent the column lables and in the drop-down I can choose the data under that lable of the respective column. Now I wish to have precise the same Pivot Table, but this time from data tables spread over several worksheets, whereby the format of these data tables are exactly the same. But now the drop-down of the Page Fields at the top left of the Pivot Table g...

How to anchor data label show value option on Pivot Chart
I have a pivot chart and I like to show the data value above the column, however when I resort the chart with a new query, the data labels disappear and I have to go back through format data series/data labels/show value all over again. How do I get the data labels to stay and update automatically based on the new sort Leroy This is an admitted deficiency in pivot tables and charts. Next time you have to redo a chart's formatting, record a macra, then play it back every time after that. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Sol...

How to Show/Hide Columns or Rows with no data via VB
Hi, I am need of some advice please. I have a spreedsheet (2007) which I designed as an attendence register. Currently it works well but I want to improve on a few matters. For the main page I have a column with the date, next column day, then the next 40 columns are set for the crew employees. These are broken into 4 groups of 10 for each crew (A,B,C,D, Shift workers), however there is normally only 7 people per crew, the other 3 are blank unless there are extra enployees to that crew. Currently I am hiding and showing manually, but I want to be able to do something via ...

Macro Warning #2
I've been working on a payroll spreadsheet, suddenly when I open it, I get the macro warning, but I haven't created any macros. Help? Are you using anything from the control toolbox? regardless, open the workbook, press alt + F11, in the project pane to the left check to see if you have any modules, if so right click it/them and select remove module, answer no when prompted, if there are no modules double click each sheet module and ThisWorkbook, delete whatever code might be in those, press alt + Q to close the VBE and then save the workbook. HTH -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom...

Make a Macro on a Toolbar
Hi, I created a Macro but I want to have it show up on a toolbar. I know that you can create a custom toolbar but how can i add a macro (which I would need an icon) onto that toolbar or any toolbar? Thanks, Sean Sean Tools>Customize>Commands. Scroll down to "Macros" and select the smi;ey-face button. Drag it up to an existing toolbar. Right-click on it and "assign macro". Choose your macro from the dialog box. Note: you can edit the the smiley-face button. There are many other ways to do what you want, the above is the basics. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On M...

Table Definitions #2
Where can I find the table layout and definitions of the object items in each table. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7e5ff417-b4b2-49b3-8a3b-e43117c11a2c&am...

Change Date By Macro or Code Leaving Only One Record
Hi, I have a table called RUNDATE which has only one record in the date which my whole program looks at as the running date. I would like to run a Macro on a form or a Code upon which once I press it that single date in that table to change to the next day, lets say from 3/5/07 to 4/5/07 to delete the previous record of the 3/5/07 and to be left only with one record with the new date in this case lets say 4/5/07. Much Appreciated make a query of this single record table field - and then put that query into your form as a subform.....you can keep it not visible if you wish......