hide row/cols

How can I hide my row/col numbers, like the built-in Invoice Template does?

Thanks, Andre

0
no (445)
4/10/2004 6:38:27 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
goto 'Tools - Options - View'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Andre wrote:
> How can I hide my row/col numbers, like the built-in Invoice Template
> does?
>
> Thanks, Andre

0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/10/2004 6:50:43 PM
perfect - thanks!

0
no (445)

Changing rows by Columns
Hi, I have a query. I need to show the result of this query changing rows by columns in the table of my report. How I can to make it in SSRS 2005? Best regards and thanks!! Julio I would T-SQL , a new PIVOT command does that "julito" <julito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79F47EB-504E-494B-AA4F-EFEEFF510A8D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a query. I need to show the result of this query changing rows by > columns in the table of my report. > > How I can to make it in SSRS 2005? > > Best regards and thank...

Adjacent Cell to Last Cell in a Row
I am creating two columns where data is continually added. In one column I have units either lbs or kgs listed. In the second column I have a price. I want to create a formula that will pick the last entry in the units column and depending on whether it was lbs or kgs multiply the number in the cell beside it in a further calculation lbs 3.34 kg 5.67 kg 4.50 lb 8.94 lbs 8.94 kg 5.82 lbs 4.33 lb 6.22 lbs 2.68 kg 7.48 In this case in the first example the formula...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

Counting rows of blanks across certain columns
I have a survey whose answers were recorded in Excel. The answers for a particular question extend from Q6 to Z505. I need to count the people who did not answer the question (that is, the people, entered in rows 6 to 505 that left columns Q through Z blank). I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone offer a suggestion? Hi You can use a formula like this in Column AA =IF(COUNTA(Q6:Z6)=0,1,"") copy down till AA505 You can use a simple Sum formula now to count the empty ones =SUM(AA6:AA505) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "crossingboston" <...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

Adding sums in rows and columns and colouring cells with conditions
Hi all, I have a long table where i need to add and colour individual cells based on 'days home' and 'days away'. The table is uploaded here https://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFqaUNBUzhoMlYzZUE9PQ In order to automate some of this i'd like to automate some, but preferably all aspects of this, such as: 1. automatically colour the cell orange for "home" and yellow for "away" 2. add separately in the home and away columns the number of days for each 3. add the rows for the alternate lines (ie days only, rates only) I want to do this without yet another...

Pasting in Rows?
Hi. Would anyone be so kind as to enlighten me about a simple pastin procedure in excel? I have a list (which I copied from a vertica column) that I want to paste into a horizontal row in Excel. I jus don�t see an option for this and the data gets put in vertically. Ther are hundreds of cells to paste so I�m hopeful that someone with mor experience can shed some light on the situation. I had the same proble with Access. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer -- FattyLumpki ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FattyLumpkin's Profile: http://www.e...

My SBS is blind or hide?
I don't know why but my sbs2003sp2 server is not reachable from the worktation. Everythings working fine, nothing new installed. After a reboot of all the infrastructure, server was not yet reacheble I don't use ISA server I test NIC and a lot of stufs Someone to explain the proc t omodify firewall in SBS (I forgot this procedure)? many thanks in advance Frederic "fth" <fth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD8AEEA0-086E-42F5-AEC5-2B826E957091@microsoft.com... >I don't know why but my sbs2003sp2 server i...

Link Rows Between Worksheets
Hi- I am trying to link rows (that are infinitely long in terms of data) between two different worksheets so that I dont have to retype all of the data. (I want them to be active links, so that if the data changes, it will automatically update). Is there a way to do this? (The first worksheet is a master that has a whole lot of information, and I would like the other worksheets to reference rows from the original...) Thank you very very much.. In the other sheets you will have to set then up eg: in sheet2 select the cell you want then type an equals sign = got to master sheet and se...

Pressing Enter to skip rows
We have a pro-forma in Excel for clients. Anyway, the cells where the enter information from a drop-down list are three rows apart, goin down the page. Is there anyway for the client to press Enter just once and go thre rows down rather than pressing enter three times? I am aware that if the sheet is locked with the particular input cell unlocked then Tab will take you to the next box however, we need Ente to do the same. I imagine a macro could achieve this. Thanks in advance D -- DoctorWar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DoctorWard's Profile...

Inserting rows into sheet that contains a formula
I have a typical financial sheet where the columns sum (sum(a5:a15)) and the rows sum (sum(a5:h5)). The summation columns are locked and the sheet protected. Is there a technique whereby I can have the user insert a row which will keep the formats and row sum as well as changing the formula in the column sums? Thanks. Rick Hi Rick, The following method is not foolproof but generally it works OK. Insert a blank row between the bottom of data to be summed and the row with the sum formulas. Include the blank row in the sum formula. Protect the blank row along with the formulas and what...

Get External Data
I have a 2 column table which is likely to change length whenever the Refresh Data menu option is selected. The table links to another software package (SAGE). I don't have formulae in adjacent columns so my problem can not be solved by checking the "Fill Down formulas in columns adjacent to data" box. I do, however, have text in adjacent columns (which the user selects from an in-cell drop down list) which I need to remain aligned with the relevant row. The "insert entire rows for new data ..." option does not appear to do what it says! It only inserts rows in the...

Modal popup with gridview row detail
Hi! I've show many example but I don't know how to apply solutions to my code: I've a gridview with a list of records, I'd like using a detail button, open an ajax modal popup with the detail (for update) of the row selected <asp:GridView ID="gvElencoAttivita" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="Id" onrowdatabound="gvElencoAttivita_RowDataBound" ShowFooter="true" AllowSorting="True" CellPadding="8" GridLines="Vertical"> <Columns> ...

how do automatically change entire row color when cell changes
Hi, is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 changes to a specified text? See Help under Conditional Formatting -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "IOE" <IOE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91738C3F-3BEB-4EAE-8551-99E60D8E8A21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 > changes > to a specified text? Hi - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="T...

Excel Spreadsheets
Can someone help? This is the first time I have asked for help. I am new to Excel and have just developed a spreadsheet that adds up several columns for me. I have, it seems, applied the correct formula to work out different percentages in several columns for me. I am quite pleased with myself. I had to delete several rows from the spreadsheet but I selected "Hide" instead of "delete" on the rows that I wanted to remove! I realise now that the text has been hidden away but the total still includes the figures in that row! How can I reveal the rows that I have hi...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Inserting New rows into IV00108 Table
I am trying to insert new rows of data into the Iv0018 table I have another table in SQL with tthe data but when i use DTS to append this data it will not let me because of a null value being inserted in the DEX_row_Id column. Is there a SQL script that will allow me to apend this data to this table since the part numbers already exisits this is another pricelevel i am adding. This is SQL 2000 and GP 9.0. Thank you Ken DEX_ROW_ID is an identity column so it will auto populate. In DTS do not map a value for DEx_Row_ID (ignore it) "kfoster@pfeinc.com" <kfosterpfeinccom@disc...

Hide/Unhide #2
I have two questions regarding Excel 2007 hide features: 1. What caused my entire Excel worksheet to disappear from view? When I tried to reopen the file, Excel kept saying the file was already open, but I saw NOTHING. A colleague finally told me what he did to solve the problem, but in what situations will selecting Hide hide the entire worksheet? 2. I have a split in my worksheet and when I point to the double arrows, the pop-up message reads "Hide White Space." I have no idea what that means; how do I get rid of the split? Nothing in the Help feature assists me with my ques...

Row amd column heading
I have received one excel file in which rows number (1,2...) and column name (A,B,...) are in some big font 18, or maybe more. I couldn't find option to make them standard. Thanks in advance, Emilija Hi Emilija, On you toolbar you should have a font box and next to it is the size of the font. Select the row and change the fontsize to 10 for instance. Help, Answer Wizard Change font size From the topics show, select the topic that matches "Change the font or font size" --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http...

a2=a1-32 how do i hide -32 until I have a value in a4
the box a2 contains the formula =a1-32. how can i get rid of -32 that is shown in all the boxes the formula applies to a2 down to k2 thanx I think you have columns and rows mixed up. You cannot have A2 "down to" K2 Across...........yes............down..........no. My best guess to enter in A2 =IF(A1="","",A1-32) Copy across to K2 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:13:02 -0700, jackdaw999 <jackdaw999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >the box a2 contains the formula =a1-32. how can i get rid of -32 that is >shown in all the b...

Row information from a specific cell...
I have an array of information and I want to get the row of a particular cell based on the value in that cell. I've tried lookup, match and index and am at wits end. For example my array is: C1 R1 2 R2 3 R3 1 R4 0 R5 12 R6 4 I want to formulatically determine the row for a value so for example if I select 12 than the row is 5. Any help is greatly appreciated. =MATCH(12,C1:C6,0) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an array of information and I want to get the row >of a particular cell based on the value in that cell. >I've tried looku...

Dynamic sorting of rows of data.
Hi, I have data in Column B thru V. Row no 1 is header row. Data extends till lets say row number Z where Z keeps on changing depending on the amount of data. For calculating the value of Z, I use the no of entries in column F as the basis ( as it could be possible that cell B59, C 59 has no data but F59 will have data) This Z is calculated within the VB code and designated as the variable "rowcount". Now comes the real ( and difficult part)... I want to sort the above data. I recorded the macro as per my sorting specifications and got the following code: Rows("2:" ...

Can I mask or hide the mobile phone field from the GAL?
Hi all, Is it possible to hide a field - in my situation the mobile phone number field - so that users cannot see this value when looking up a user in the GAL? Thanks! One way to do this is to modify the Display Templates that Outlook uses to display Address Book fields. This may help: http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/how-to-modify-display-template-to-make.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "paoutdoorsman" <paoutdoorsman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Row Height #3
I'm working on this spreadsheet and we are constantly adding more information to these cells in a certain column. After a while when there is a lot of text added into the cell, it begins to not continue wordwrap-ing it anymore, and cuts it off, as well as when choosing AutoFit for cell height, it won't go any bigger than 171.00. Is there anyway to change those settings? If you add alt-enters to force a new line within the cell, then you'll be able to see more text in that cell and the wordwrap should come back. Try adding them every 80-100 characters. Chantel wrote: > &g...

add rows to a sheet
Hi If I have this in a sheet: 1 5 8 10 15 25 27 30 What i want is a macro there can make empty rows between the number so there come 3 empty rows between 1 and 5 and 1 empty row between 8 and 10 - and so on, I don't know how many rows there are numbers in: Hope some one understand and maybe also can help. Try this... (Put the cursor in on the first value - 1) then run the macro until the end. Sub InsertingLines() Dim Firstvalue As Integer Dim Secondvalue As Integer Dim Result As Integer Dim NoofRows As Integer Dim Number As Integer Firstvalue = ActiveCell....