Hidden Rows

I came accros a spreasheet were the first 8 rows are hidden.

I can select and edit the cells by entering the cell reference into th
Name Box.  But I cannot make them visible - the rows have a height o
15.  And selecting all the cells then selecting unhide does not work.

Protection has not been applied.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this was done? and how can I mak
them visible?

Thanks

--
michael.a
michael.a7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3302

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Press Alt + F11, press Ctrl  + G, in the immediate window put

Rows.Hidden = False

press enter

press Alt + Q to close the VBE, still hidden?

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey

"michael.a7" <michael.a7.291tro_1149711910.0811@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:michael.a7.291tro_1149711910.0811@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I came accros a spreasheet were the first 8 rows are hidden.
>
> I can select and edit the cells by entering the cell reference into the
> Name Box.  But I cannot make them visible - the rows have a height of
> 15.  And selecting all the cells then selecting unhide does not work.
>
> Protection has not been applied.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how this was done? and how can I make
> them visible?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> michael.a7
> michael.a7's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33027
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=549677

0
Peo
6/7/2006 8:41:38 PM
Check the Window , Unfreeze Panes menu option.

I have seen this hide rows before

--
Saruman

All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Norton Antivirus 2003

"michael.a7" <michael.a7.291tro_1149711910.0811@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:michael.a7.291tro_1149711910.0811@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I came accros a spreasheet were the first 8 rows are hidden.
>
> I can select and edit the cells by entering the cell reference into the
> Name Box.  But I cannot make them visible - the rows have a height of
> 15.  And selecting all the cells then selecting unhide does not work.
>
> Protection has not been applied.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how this was done? and how can I make
> them visible?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> michael.a7
> michael.a7's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33027
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=549677

0
saruman (40)
6/7/2006 8:57:33 PM
Thanks Saruman, that worked :

--
michael.a
michael.a7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3302
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54967

Thanks for the feedback

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

--
"michael.a7" <michael.a7.2920ha_1149720600.481@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:michael.a7.2920ha_1149720600.481@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Thanks Saruman, that worked :)
>

> --
> michael.a7
> michael.a7's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33027
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=549677

0
saruman (40)

Pasting, but leave hidden rows out
I want to copy a worksheet with multiple hidden rows and paste to a new worksheet without pasting all of the hidden rows as well. How can I do this? -- j-dawg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ j-dawg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16551 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314069 j-dawg - > I want to copy a worksheet with multiple hidden rows and paste to a new > worksheet without pasting all of the hidden rows as well. How can I do > this? < Edit | Go T...

Hyperlinks With Workbook With Hidden Sheets
Good afternoon all, I have a workbook containing several worksheets. I have included an Introduction Worksheet with Hyperlinks to each sheet. However, I would like to be able to have the worksheets hidden (or very hidden), except the Introduction sheet, until the Hyperlink is clicked, then that sheet is activated, and when exited (by command button), this sheet becomes hidden again, and returns the user to the Introduction sheet. I hope I have expalained this well enough. I have some knowledge of VBA. Any help on this matter would be most appreciated. Thank you Mathew ...

Haveing problems inserting a row
Here is the problems I am working off of 3 different workbooks that are linked together Every time that I insert a new row, the forumlas do not update. I there a way for me to insert a new row so that it will change th forumlas?? I am hopping this could be done? thanks for any help you can give me Turb ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:0...

Select rows and sort based on type
I have a spreadsheet that contains data for several different types of accounts. I want to sort by sheet differently depending on the type of account (types are 1, 2, 3, and 4). The spreadsheet is currently sorted by account type. I want to sort further in the following way: if the account type is 1, I want to sort by account name. If the account type is 2, I want to sort by account number. If the account type is 3, sort by account number. If the account type is 4, sort by account name. I'm just guessing - but it seems like I should write a macro that will select all rows, f...

Pivot Tables & not printing blank rows (revisited)
I have an excel file that updates a pivot table when I run a macro. The size of the re-generated pivot table (in the # of rows) can vary depending on the source data. When I print the pivot table, I don't want to print pages and pages of blank rows underneath. I also don't want to have to resize my print area each time. In the past I have avoided this problem by clearing the print area instead of setting a print area. However, if I try to format a large # of rows [background color, text alignment etc] to accomodate a wide ranging pivot table size, excel then assumes that you want ALL o...

How do I have a formula refer to the most recent entry in a row
I am using a spreadsheet to compile monthly results for my company. Some results are YTD and I would like to have the most recent month show up for the YTD total. Is there a formula I can input that will look for the last entry in a particular row and populate that? If you mean return the right most value in a row then try for row 4: =LOOKUP(2,1/4:4,4:4) -- HTH Sandy sandymann@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk "sm7301" <sm7301@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:792756FA-6E13-4DE4-A522-6F621A8A8AAF@microsoft.com... >I am using a...

how to create a formula to hide specific rows after meeting requi
A formula cannot change the appearance of a cell You could use Format |Conditional Formatting to give the cells in the row a font colour the same as the background so as to be invisible. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DNelson" <DNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F91D2FC-598C-4355-97EC-A5B2534D88C7@microsoft.com... > Hi D., or a filter to hide the rows, and the formulas work the same as for Conditional Formatting the object is to produce True or False (or the equivalent). Some informatio...

Hide rows using IF
I would like to hide some rows in my spread sheet. It looks something like this: Cat Redo Cod Redo Categories Incidents Share J LR3 REMAKE 10 0.839% E LR01 #N/A 0 0.000% The formula in D12 (the first cell under the Incidents heading) is =SUMIF(Detail!A:A,B22,Detail!E:E). I have a macro that updates these numbers. I would like to have a row hidden if the D column has a 0 value or is empty. Any help would be appreciated. -- Mike Apply Autofilter to column D, select Custom... then Not Equal to...

Transposing a column to several rows
I have a large file with many rows; let's say it looks like this: start data1 data2 data3 data4 start data1 data2 start data1 data2 data3 .... What I want to do is transpose the column to a row, and then each time the word START appears, start a new row. So the above would look like this: start data1 data2 data3 data4 start data1 data2 start data1 data2 data3 .... Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Scott Make sure you make a backup copy of your data before using the code I just posted "walkersc@gmail.com" wrote: > I have a large file with many rows; let's say i...

match colC to ColA, put row from ColB for 'answer'
This is somewhat of a followup to my post "does item match any in column B", and was answered by bj and Gary's STudent. But, I have some followup to this I was hoping to learn. Thanks to the last couple of answers people helped me with, I'm able to do pretty much what I want with matching these scenarios, but now I was wondering what the possibility would be in regards to, in using a helper column, the following scenario. If I have data in column A and Column B -- and for an example to not be so vague, let's say that each field in Column A is a customer name, a...

Automatically Add Rows
Is it possible to have Excel automatically add rows, ideally a new row each month? I know you can use dynamic ranges to increase the range each month, but I'd like it to "physically" add a row in addition to this, so that I don't have to manually insert a row every month. Also I posted this on another forum without a response, so here goes: is it possible to have Excel dynamically change (add/delete) rows given user inputs? My problem is that I have a lot of data and would like the user to be able to enter a given begin/end date and have excel only show the data from thos...

SUM only certain rows
Hi I need some help please I would like to SUM only certain rows in a spread. Eg Column A contains numbers, column B contains some dates I want to get a total of the values in column A only where column B = 01-Oct-03 (for example) A B 10 29-SEP-03 15 01-OCT-03 20 01-OCT-03 so it would be =SUM(A1:A3) where B = 01-OCT-03 the answer being 35 In SQL this would be quite an easy statement but how do I do this in Excel. Any help Thanks Frank ----------------------------------------------...

How to select cells (located in a column) for formulas in a row automatically?
Hello How to use cells (located in a column) in formulas in a row automatically? I cannot copy the formula to other cells in the row because the coping moves the selection to another column, not to a another row in the same column. Use a $ (dollar sign) infront of the row or column you do not wat to change. "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:OqbeN%23lzFHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to use cells (located in a column) in formulas in a row automatically? > I > cannot copy the formula to other cells in the row because the ...

Copy If in row below
When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the Account-Institution Business Office. For instance if department = 883, go to row below Account-Instittion business office and if = blank get address abc 123 Company 500 Thompson Rd. Detroit, MI ending 02/13/10 ---------------------------------------------------------------- Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc 883 119245 MUSI...

Delete all rows except...
I receive a weekly report & have been asked to delete all rows except for two particular rows. Here are the two criteria which are in column A cells: AWH98228 and AWL99467 Can anyone offer help? Thanks Try this: Sub RemoveRows() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .Calculation = xlCalculationManual End With LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For r = LastRow To 2 Step -1 'Headings in row 1 If Range("A" & r).Value <> "AWH98228" _ And Range("A" & r).Value <> &quo...

Can not adjust row height. The line snaps back.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel This is an unprotected form for which I need to adjust row height to get it to fit on one page. When I &quot;grab&quot; the row, it snaps back. The only way to do it is to adjust cells in Table Properties. In my old word, I could just grab and move the line. Have you set a specified a height for the rows and that is giving you this problem? Check in table properties/row and also check properties/table/options &quot;default spacing between cells&quot;. ...

Get rows from another tab where cell in column is empty
I have a spreadsheet where I track amounts owed to subcontractors and when they were paid. I'm trying to create another tab where I pull all rows that have not been paid. The only thing anyone has suggested so far is autofilter but that isn't what I'm looking for. Is there a function for this or would it have to be a macro? I don't really want to do a macro. I might just build this in Access, but I thought I'd try this angle first since it's already set up in Excel. I really appreciate any help that could be provided. gg If you don't like AutoFilter, then a ...

Selecting rows from various sheets

protect a single row of formulas
how do I protect a single row or group of rows (or columns) without protecting the entire sheet. I have tried everything that I can think of but nothing works. I have a spreadsheet that tracks labor hours. I have several rows and columns I need protected, leaving areas for data entry. Hi basically, you need to "unlock" the bits you want people to get to (format / cell / protection and untick the locked check box) and then protect the sheet (tools / protection / protect sheet). -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anywa...

Hidden Field in Datasheet view for a table
Hello All, when I go to Table Design, there is a column named Field 1 (it is text). When I switch to Datasheet View, it becomes hidden. Any ideas on how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance Sam Berry "Hidden" as in zero-width, or "hidden" as in "off-screen"? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is ...

how to select whole row in CListCtr
?? winnicki. "Winnicki" <rsobies(at)wp.pl> wrote in message news:O4P0hTZwEHA.3808@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > ?? > winnicki. > > In OnInitDialog (or OnInitialUpdate if you have FormView) set the extended style: c_list.SetExtendedStyle(c_list.GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT); Aleksandar thanks winnicki U�ytkownik "Aleksandar Vukelja" <spam@spam.net> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:eWfEMvZwEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > "Winnicki" <rsobies(at)wp.pl> wrote in message > news:O4P0hTZwEHA.3808@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.g...

Combine Rows from the same Table
I have a table with the fields: Account & Cust & Comments The data came into this table from a system generated report & it isn't normalized & I am trying to normalize it. One thing I need to do is there are multiple lines with the same account # & Cust but different comments. Is there a way to merge the comments together into 1 comment field & then get rid of the extra rows. Thank you for your assistance. Holly -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 There is a generic concatenate functio...

Excel 97 Column & Row Header Problem
In Excel 97, both my column and row headers are displayed as numbers, how do I restore my settings to have numbers on the rows and letters on the columns ?. Tools|options|General Tab Uncheck R1C1 Reference Style. JBC10094 wrote: > > In Excel 97, both my column and row headers are displayed as numbers, how do > I restore my settings to have numbers on the rows and letters on the columns > ?. -- Dave Peterson Go to Tools, Options, General, and deselect R1C1 tickbox. "JBC10094" wrote: > In Excel 97, both my column and row headers are displayed as numbers, how d...

How to move text from Row to Column
How can I move text that are in rows to columns -- soddydj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ soddydj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25714 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392163 Hightlight the cells in the row and copy. Select the destination cell and Paste>Special and choose Transpose. Click OK Does this work for you? Bruce -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.c...

Shading alternating rows for easy visibilty
I have a list of rooms in a house listed by row. The room labels are found in column A, and other room attributes are found in columns B, C, D, & E. (See attached file: example.xls) To aid in viewing, I can use auto formatting (List 1) to make every other row have grey fill color. If I use filtering to view only the rooms having wallpaper, then every other row is no longer shaded. I end up with adjacent rows that are shaded. Is there any way to always have every other row shaded no matter how the table is filtered? Attachment filename: example.xls Downlo...