Hidden Rows

I came accros a spreasheet were the first 8 rows are hidden.

I can select and edit the cells by entering the cell reference into th
Name Box.  But I cannot make them visible - the rows have a height o
15.  And selecting all the cells then selecting unhide does not work.

Protection has not been applied.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this was done? and how can I mak
them visible?

Thanks

--
michael.a
michael.a7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3302

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Press Alt + F11, press Ctrl  + G, in the immediate window put

Rows.Hidden = False

press enter

press Alt + Q to close the VBE, still hidden?

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey

"michael.a7" <michael.a7.291tro_1149711910.0811@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:michael.a7.291tro_1149711910.0811@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I came accros a spreasheet were the first 8 rows are hidden.
>
> I can select and edit the cells by entering the cell reference into the
> Name Box.  But I cannot make them visible - the rows have a height of
> 15.  And selecting all the cells then selecting unhide does not work.
>
> Protection has not been applied.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how this was done? and how can I make
> them visible?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> michael.a7
> michael.a7's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33027
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=549677

0
Peo
6/7/2006 8:41:38 PM
Check the Window , Unfreeze Panes menu option.

I have seen this hide rows before

--
Saruman

All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Norton Antivirus 2003

"michael.a7" <michael.a7.291tro_1149711910.0811@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:michael.a7.291tro_1149711910.0811@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I came accros a spreasheet were the first 8 rows are hidden.
>
> I can select and edit the cells by entering the cell reference into the
> Name Box.  But I cannot make them visible - the rows have a height of
> 15.  And selecting all the cells then selecting unhide does not work.
>
> Protection has not been applied.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how this was done? and how can I make
> them visible?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> michael.a7
> michael.a7's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33027
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=549677

0
saruman (40)
6/7/2006 8:57:33 PM
Thanks Saruman, that worked :

--
michael.a
michael.a7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3302
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54967

Thanks for the feedback

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

--
"michael.a7" <michael.a7.2920ha_1149720600.481@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:michael.a7.2920ha_1149720600.481@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Thanks Saruman, that worked :)
>

> --
> michael.a7
> michael.a7's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33027
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=549677

0
saruman (40)

How can I combine data that is in 2 rows to 1 row
Hello I have a file that has only 1 data point (name of an institution) in row 1 column 1 and then multiple data points (city of the institution and other results) in row 2 column 1-7. I would like to combine the data in consecutive rows into 1 so I can work (sort results in different columns) with the data. As you can imagine the file has 2000 rows but the data addresses only 1000 institutions. I Would appreciate any help thanks albert explained : > Hello > > I have a file that has only 1 data point (name of an institution) in row 1 > column 1 and then multiple data points...

Lookup value off by one row
Hi, Any help you can provide on this would be appreciated. I have a worksheet that identifies how far a number is from target. I created the lookup below to coorespond to the productivity increase for next year. =LOOKUP(C4,LookUpValues!$A$1:$A$402,LookUpValues!$B$1:$B$402) C4 is -10.9, in the lookupValues tab -10.9 is in row 93 column A as is the desired result return of 5.6 in column b, however the lookup function is returning 5.7. The issue may be that the data and the lookupValues tab numbers are not exactly the same. -10.90001 and -10.9004 may display the same, but w...

Adding the # of rows, not the contents...
On my sub-totals row, most of the columns are just added together for a sum figure. However, can I have a particular column tally how many columns it is counting? Specifically, I have a column for customer's names. I just want the subtotal bar to display how many customers there are in the column above it. Thanks! Jacob, Try changing the 'sum' function in the subtotal bar to 'count'. Or add a formula, for example if the customers are listed in Column A, then in any empty cell enter the formula =count(A:A) Charlie O'Neill "jacob farino" <jfarino@mind...

How do I rearrange (switch) the information in my columns to rows
Copy the data out of Publisher and into Excel. You can swap it out there with the Paste Special (transpose) command. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "larrey" <larrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EA8C76-ACA3-44A8-9876-78AE787885B6@microsoft.com... > The dirty way in Publisher, high-light the table, format menu, table, cell properties tab, check *rotate text within AutoShape by 90 degrees* Rotate the entire table 90 degrees. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.m...

Deselect one of many non-adjacent rows selected
If you are going through a worksheet and selecting several rows to, for example, delete them and you accidentally select a row you didn't mean to, is there a way to deselect just that one row? I noticed that CTRL clicking on the row again does not do the trick. Thanks!! Nicolle Very annoying feature. You can add a couple of Chip Pearson macros to your Personal.xls that will allow the unchecking of a mistake. Assign to a button or to the right-click menu. See this thread for the macros and instructions for adding an item to the right-click menu. http://snipurl.com/bxoj Gord D...

hiding rows #3
I want to find a quick way to hide various rows in a spreadsheet that contain zero values. i.e. below example i want to hide the whole row 'oranges' sales apples 100 pears 200 oranges 0 bananas 30 I have quite a lot of rows that may need hiding and any help would be appreciated, thanks. data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "karl middleton" <karl middleton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64150DD9-6E0D-460D-8D75-21117ED6C23F@microsoft.com... >I w...

EXCEL:printing row headings at the top of every page.
I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row headings at the top of every page. I see the sheet tab and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible. Is there something else I need to do before I can access this function? It seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be printed. Any ideas? Are the sheets grouped? as this will cause that to happen, in which case you need to ungroup and set the print area. -- Regards Ken.............

Inserting alternate blank rows in Excel
I have several spreadsheets with between 2,000 and 3,000 rows of data. I'm using them to import data into some accounting software. The format required by the software is that each row of data is separated by a blank row. Short of individually inserting several thousand rows, does anyone know another way of changing the layout of the spreadsheet? Well, you could add a helper column and enter 1, 3, 5, and copy down to the bottom of what you've got. You could then put 2,4,6,8 ... in blank rows until you have the max # of what you need. Then sort by the helper column. Make su...

finding hidden tab settings
I appear to have some hidden tab settings from text that I have imported from WordPerfect. How do I find and delete them? I am accustomed to using "Reveal Codes" and am totally lost. I did save the text as text only, but it appears that the tabs came over with the text. ...

visio hyperlink to excel row
I have a drawing of a Dell rack with individual Dell server box pics in it. I figured out how to link one server's picture (using insert hyperlink) to open a spreadsheet containing server stats. What my boss wants is for each individual server's picture, when clicked, to open to its row of data in said excel file. Does anyone have a clue as to how this is done, either thru hyperlink, macro, vba, vbs, or sql script for each server? It would be helpful if the solution could find the server name in the spreadsheet then go right to that row. Thanks very much from a 1st time vis...

macro to delete multiple rows
I have recorded, then modified, the following macro, which unprotects the sheet, aks if you are sure you want to delete the row, deletes the current row, copies down a cell in column A that numbers the row, and protects the sheet. Works fine, but if the user wants to delete not only the current row, but multiple rows below it also, the macro must be repeated. How can I accomplish deleting multiple rows, as indicated by the user? For example, rows 18 thru 20, or 29 thru 33, etc, or of course, just the current row, with the message box prompting the user for the number of rows to delete. Thanks...

Can one adjust Format Row Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing
Does anyone know if you can adjust Format Rows Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing. I am continually frustrated that when I print after using the autofit function that I get text cut in half and underlines missing. Autofit does not seem to work properly. Can it be set to slightly overcompensate perhaps? Hi Gray, this problem only happens when you're working in a zoo different from 100%; so if you're working with 115% and autofit th rows they won't show up properly when you print (they will be cutted) Also there is a problem you have to consider is when you use Bold o...

filter on the rows
Is there any possibility to make a filter on the rows -- shlomo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shlomop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=973 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46709 As far as I know, no. Filters can only be applied to columns. You ma need to transpose your data to apply a filter. I'm sure if someone knows of a way (probably via VBA) they will post solution. Good Luck Bruc -- swatsp0 --------------------------------------------------------------...

Help: Macro that runs various if statements, inserting rows etc
I am a newcomer to Macros and excel programming and was hoping someone could assist / provide the code to do the following: I have a +50,000 line spreadsheet, that needs to be formatted. Given the size I would like to automate this. There are 3 key formatting changes required and detailed below: n = 1 1. If Cell A(n) not equal Cell A(n+1) then insert a new row below A(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=1, make Cell G(insertedrow)=A(n+1), make Cell H(insertedrow)=B(n+1) 2. If Cell C(n) not equal Cell C(n+1) then insert a new row below C(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=2, make Cell G(inserte...

Is there a limit on selecting individual rows in excel?
I am using VBA logic to set a variable holding a series of rows to be deleted. When I use this on small worksheets no problem. But in larger worksheets when the logic goes to "rangevariable.select" I get an error. There are approx 168 rows selected in this occurance. Just a guess... You have to have the worksheet that contains that range selected before you can select that range. rangevariable.parent.parent.activate 'workbook rangevariable.parent.select 'worksheet rangevariable.select 'range or just application.goto rangvariable, scroll:=t...

hide a row if the values in the cell are zero
HI Can sombody help I need to hide a row if the values in the cell are zero Thanks I think the easiest way to do this is to select your range and apply Data|filter|Autofilter. Then you can use the dropdown and do: does not equal 0. Rosco wrote: > > HI > > Can sombody help > I need to hide a row if the values in the cell are zero > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Autofilter header row
My experience has been that the first row is where the controls (down arrow) appear when autofilter is invoked. But I've now been sent a spreadsheet (just unformatted data in a large table) where the autofilter chooses the second row. I've compared the new spreadsheet with previous versions and don't see any difference in layout, etc. What can be causing this problem? Is there something "invisible" that tells Excel which is the header row for the data to be filtered? If I select row 1 and then click autofilter, the controls do appear on row 1 but otherwi...

Hidden Font?
Hi, in my most recent publication I had tried a new font 'Myriad Pro' then removed it and chose another. When I check my publication over for Commercial Printing this Font is shown as not being able to Embed amongst my other embedded fonts. I've looked through the 24 pages but cannot see where this font is still being used. Any idea's on a way to track it's where abouts in my publication would be appreciated. Thanks. Phil Maznyk Good morning folks, would anyone of you have an idea on this. I'd like to create the PDF later today if possible. Thanks gang. "P...

How to change the individual row into columns
In Excel If each row looks like the below given format Michael 20, Eastman Avenue Boston US David 56, George Patel Road Texas US Michael 20, Eastman Avenue Boston US David 56, George Patel Road Texas US Michael 20, Eastman Avenue Boston US David 56, George Patel Road Texas US I want to change it to be the following format (Given below). Is i possible to do that? If so, what are the steps to be followed? I nee your help. Please reply this mail. Thanks in Advance. Michael 20, Eastman Avenue Boston US David 56, George Patel Road, Texas US Michael 20, Eastman Av...

Row & Colomns
Hi, I need ONE worksheet with 100 rows & 20 colomns only. Is there a way to have this? Note: I don't want to use "hide" option for row and colomns. Is this possible? Khalil Handal you could set row heights beyond 101 to 0 and column widths beyond Col T to 0, but why not hide them?? OJ Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Columns("U:IV").Hidden = True Rows("101:65536").Hidden = True End Sub -- ---------------------------- Mauro Gamberini "Khalil Handal" <seminary@lpj.org> ha scritto nel messaggio news:OnTTVGPOFHA.164@TK2MSFTNGP...

Reseting the last row/column
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet of data, lets say 35,000 rows long. So when I do a [Ctrl] + [End], it goes to the cell at row 35,000 (and the last column of the data). Now lets say that I run a macro that deletes 5,000 rows. So now the last row is 30,000. But if I do a [Ctrl] + [End] again, it still goes to row 35,000. Is there any way to reset the spread sheet so it knows that the last row/column of data has changed since row/column deletions? Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly Here is an article from Msft on the topic: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2444...

expand/collapse row button
can I place a button any where in the worksheet to collapse/expand rows? I would like to place a button +/- on column D to expand/collapse row 2 to 5 (instead of using the grouping tool where you find the button at the left most corner). Thank you for any assistance. A B C D row 1 row 2 row 3 row 4 row 5 -- caii Excel 2003 No need for a button You could put the following code in the Worksheet_Selection Change event. It will hide rows 2 to 5 whenever a cell in column D is selected. Similarly it will unhide the rows if column E is selected If yo...

pasting with hidden rows.
i'm tryiing to copy rows in a workbook that also contains hidden rows. When I do this, all the hidden rows are copied as well. is there a way to only copy the displayed rows and leave the hidden one out? Any help is highly appreciated, thank you Try .. Press F5 > Special > Visible Cells only > OK Then copy > paste to destination sheet -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF2DE8DD-C01C-4B24-B8EE-A2A9D3223E02@microsoft.com... > i'm t...

wrapping and auto row height
I am wrapping text in a cell, not huge amounts, but a few lines, and when I double click to get the row automatically height adjusted, it doesn't expand to the height of the multiple rows, but only to one row of text. Is there a better way to do this? Jessica Is the "cell" a merged cell? Wrap text works on merged cells. Autoheight does not. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing. You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written code for this. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Note also a recent adaptation of this code b...

Frank!
Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an example of how to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel doc. Any help would be much appreciated. Al You could have waited more than 2 minutes to re-post. Frank is still sleeping which is unusual but this will insert 3 rows at the active cell Sub insert3rows() ActiveCell.Resize(3, 1).EntireRow.Insert End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Al-Blakie" <AlBlakie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F3B97CA-5650-408B-86F5-28A93E287259@microsoft.com... > Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an ...