HELP!!!!!!!

Hello!
I'm doing a sheet at work and I'm having some problems, I need your help!
Whay I have is a sheet with some columns and rows.

- 1:  Can I put "filters" on SOME columns only? I can put filter with
auto-filter to all columns, but it makes no sense... How to put on SOME only?

- 2: Can I auto create a book when inserting some data on a cell (write down
something on a blank cell)? use the same name as text written on cell?

- 3: Complete some cells auto from specific cells on other sheet (file) of
excel?

- 4: Hide some columns so some users on a Domain don't see... IMPORTANT...
(Like prices of products)

Thanks Deiota
0
Deiota (6)
3/28/2007 1:44:21 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

#1.  You can apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to any contiguous range on the
worksheet--you don't need to use all 256 columns (or 16k columns).

The only way to hide those arrows is via code.  Debra Dalgleish shows how:
http://contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Hide

#2.  Are you asking how to save a workbook with a name that is in a cell in one
of its worksheets?

You can with a macro:

Dim myCell as range
set mycell = thisworkbook.worksheets("sheetnamehere").range("a1")
Thisworkbook.saveas filename:=mycell.text, fileformat:=xlworkbooknormal

This does no checking at all--whether there's something in that cell--or whether
it could be used as a name in Windows (or whatever your OS is).

#3.  You can use formulas to retrieve a value from a different worksheet in the
same workbook:

='other sheetname here'!a1
or
=if('other sheetname here'!a1="","",'other sheetname here'!a1)

You can create the same kind of formula between workbooks by typing it in, but I
like to let excel do the work.

Open both workbooks.
select the "sending" cell
edit|copy
go to the other worksheet in the other workbook.
select the "receiving" cell
edit|paste special|paste link

You may want to adjust the formula to hide the 0 when that sending cell is
empty.

#4.  Anything you put in a worksheet can be made visible to anyone who can open
the workbook--excel's security isn't made for this type of intellectual property
protection.  It's made to protect the casual user from overwriting cells that
shouldn't be touched.

If you don't want the prices getting out, don't put them in excel.  If you have
to put them in excel, don't share that workbook with anyone.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Dave Peterson
0

> - 4: Hide some columns so some users on a Domain don't see...
> IMPORTANT... (Like prices of products)
>
> Thanks Deiota

You could put the prices in a seperate spreadsheet file, and use Windows
Security to give access to this file only to users that are allowed to see
the prices.
Then in the general spreadsheet, create an 'external datarange' link to the
prices in the restricted sheet.
Not sure exactly what Excel does when a linked sheet is unavailable, so you
might have to do some fancy formula to hide any errors that might come up if
it in inaccessable, but you should be able to do it just with
formulae(ONERROR(??)) no need for any macros...

--
Regards,
Chris.

Hello!
Thanks for your reply!
I have a sheet with 9 columns and I want to show filter on column 2, 4 and
7. How do I do that?
I miss the VBA language and I'm trying pretty hard to construct a macro but
I can't.
Please help!
Deiota

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> #1.  You can apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to any contiguous range on the
> worksheet--you don't need to use all 256 columns (or 16k columns).
>
> The only way to hide those arrows is via code.  Debra Dalgleish shows how:
> http://contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Hide
0
Deiota (6)
3/29/2007 10:48:02 PM
I'm not sure what range you're going to filter, so you do that manually.

But after you have filtered your range, you can run this macro (based on that
code from Debra Dalgleish's site):

Option Explicit
Sub HideArrows()

    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim iCtr As Long
    Dim WhichColumn As Long

    With ActiveSheet
        For Each myCell In .AutoFilter.Range.Rows(1).Cells
            WhichColumn = myCell.Column - .AutoFilter.Range.Column + 1
            Select Case WhichColumn
                Case Is = 2, 4, 7
                    'do nothing
                Case Else
                    myCell.AutoFilter Field:=WhichColumn, _
                         Visibledropdown:=False
            End Select
        Next myCell
    End With

End Sub

Make sure that the correct sheet is active when you run the macro.

Short course:
Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros/UDF's live)
hit ctrl-R to view the project explorer
Find your workbook.
should look like:   VBAProject (yourfilename.xls)

right click on the project name
Insert, then Module
You should see the code window pop up on the right hand side

Paste the code in there.

Now go back to excel to test it out.
Hit alt-f8 to see the list of macros.
Select this one (HideArrows) and hit run.

If you never have to use this again, you can delete that code.

If you don't delete it correctly, you may be prompted each time you open the
workbook.

Check out Debra Dalgleish's notes:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

Deiota wrote:

> Hello!
> Thanks for your reply!
> I have a sheet with 9 columns and I want to show filter on column 2, 4 and
> 7. How do I do that?
> I miss the VBA language and I'm trying pretty hard to construct a macro but
> I can't.
> Please help!
> Deiota
>
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
>
> > #1.  You can apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to any contiguous range on the
> > worksheet--you don't need to use all 256 columns (or 16k columns).
> >
> > The only way to hide those arrows is via code.  Debra Dalgleish shows how:
> > http://contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Hide

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
3/29/2007 11:28:52 PM
Just made it some other way, also working:

Sub HideArrows()
'hides all arrows except column 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12
Dim c As Range
Dim i As Integer
i = Cells(1, 1).End(xlToRight).Column
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each c In Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, i))
 If c.Column <> 2 And c.Column <> 5 And c.Column <> 6 And c.Column <> 7 And
c.Column <> 8 And c.Column <> 11 And c.Column <> 12 Then
  c.AutoFilter Field:=c.Column, _
    Visibledropdown:=False
 End If
Next

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Perhaps stupid... structured

Another thing, I can't make it work #2, save a a new sheet (with name as
"string" wroten on column A .

Like, table with A column name. I want to create a sheet as long as I imput
a name on it, like John, Frances etc... To have a sheet for each student!
Please help!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I'm not sure what range you're going to filter, so you do that manually.
>
> But after you have filtered your range, you can run this macro (based on that
> code from Debra Dalgleish's site):
>
> Option Explicit
> Sub HideArrows()
>
>     Dim myCell As Range
>     Dim iCtr As Long
>     Dim WhichColumn As Long
>
>     With ActiveSheet
>         For Each myCell In .AutoFilter.Range.Rows(1).Cells
>             WhichColumn = myCell.Column - .AutoFilter.Range.Column + 1
>             Select Case WhichColumn
>                 Case Is = 2, 4, 7
>                     'do nothing
>                 Case Else
>                     myCell.AutoFilter Field:=WhichColumn, _
>                          Visibledropdown:=False
>             End Select
>         Next myCell
>     End With
>
> End Sub
>
> Make sure that the correct sheet is active when you run the macro.
>
> If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:
>
> Short course:
> Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros/UDF's live)
> hit ctrl-R to view the project explorer
> Find your workbook.
> should look like:   VBAProject (yourfilename.xls)
>
> right click on the project name
> Insert, then Module
> You should see the code window pop up on the right hand side
>
> Paste the code in there.
>
> Now go back to excel to test it out.
> Hit alt-f8 to see the list of macros.
> Select this one (HideArrows) and hit run.
>
> If you never have to use this again, you can delete that code.
>
> If you don't delete it correctly, you may be prompted each time you open the
> workbook.
>
> Check out Debra Dalgleish's notes:
> http://contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros
>

> Deiota wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> > Thanks for your reply!
> > I have a sheet with 9 columns and I want to show filter on column 2, 4 and
> > 7. How do I do that?
> > I miss the VBA language and I'm trying pretty hard to construct a macro but
> > I can't.
> > Please help!
> > Deiota
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > #1.  You can apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to any contiguous range on the
> > > worksheet--you don't need to use all 256 columns (or 16k columns).
> > >
> > > The only way to hide those arrows is via code.  Debra Dalgleish shows how:
> > > http://contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Hide
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Deiota (6)
3/29/2007 11:44:04 PM
Say your list of names is in A1:Axx (no gaps).

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

  dim iRow as long
  dim FirstRow as long
  dim LastRow as long

  with worksheets("Nameofsheetwithlisthere")
     firstrow = 1
     lastrow = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row

     for irow = lastrow to firstrow step -1
         worksheets.add.name = .cells(irow,"A").value
     next irow
  end with
end Sub

=======
This doesn't do any validation at all.  Don't have any illegal names and don't
have any duplicates.

--

Dave Peterson
0

the thing is: i'm creating a table of repairs for my company's with number
of file, client name, equipment to be repaired, dates and costs and all..
well, the main sheet is this table, and for each repair I want to create
another sheet (auto) with specific details. what I mean is I've created a
template with fields needed on that detailed sheet, like components needed
and quantity and costs, and simple formulas to maye it easy.
wheel, when I say I want to create another seet with name writen on cokumn A
IS  this sheet (template). is it possible???

THANKS
deiota

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > Make sure that the correct sheet is active when you run the macro.
> > >
> > > If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:
> > > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
> > >
> > > Short course:
> > > Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros/UDF's live)
> > > hit ctrl-R to view the project explorer
> > > Find your workbook.
> > > should look like:   VBAProject (yourfilename.xls)
> > >
> > > right click on the project name
> > > Insert, then Module
> > > You should see the code window pop up on the right hand side
> > >
> > > Paste the code in there.
> > >
> > > Now go back to excel to test it out.
> > > Hit alt-f8 to see the list of macros.
> > > Select this one (HideArrows) and hit run.
> > >
> > > If you never have to use this again, you can delete that code.
> > >
> > > If you don't delete it correctly, you may be prompted each time you open the

0
Deiota (6)
3/30/2007 3:52:24 PM
Maybe...

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

  Dim iRow As Long
  Dim FirstRow As Long
  Dim LastRow As Long

  With Worksheets("Nameofsheetwithlisthere")
     FirstRow = 1

     For iRow = FirstRow To LastRow
        Worksheets("Template").Copy _
            after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
        ActiveSheet.Name = .Cells(iRow, "A").Value
     Next iRow
  End With
End Sub

Deiota wrote:

> I will try this out as soon as I get to work.
> can I mke a template sheet to open as the name I am entering?
>
> the thing is: i'm creating a table of repairs for my company's with number
> of file, client name, equipment to be repaired, dates and costs and all..
> well, the main sheet is this table, and for each repair I want to create
> another sheet (auto) with specific details. what I mean is I've created a
> template with fields needed on that detailed sheet, like components needed
> and quantity and costs, and simple formulas to maye it easy.
> wheel, when I say I want to create another seet with name writen on cokumn A
> IS  this sheet (template). is it possible???
>
> THANKS
> deiota

0
petersod (12004)
3/30/2007 4:02:28 PM
Hello!

I'm having various problems with this work, but for now, I want to solve
just two of them!

The thing is:

I have a book with 3 sheets : general, clients, products.
on the general sheet, I have a table with some repairing stuff.

1º I want to row "clients", say Column B, just to access to database on
clientes sheet (on column sheet with clients name).
The thing is I dont want to appear written JFC and J. F. C.. Just choose
something on the database (Clients sheet).

2º I have a sheet (products) that have 2 columns : reference of the product
and description.
I want to, at first, just be able to choose a ref pre existing on "products
sheet, ref column, say A column).
Then, automatically, when I choose ref. XXXX on column A it completes the
next Column on General sheet, with description matching the XXXX product on
Products sheet.
Of course, I want the reverse, to be able to choose a description (from the
ones on Products B column) and associate it on Ref column on General.

Do you know what I mean????

Please help me!!

I can send you the files and you can understand bettter.. Add me to MSN, if
you wish
0
Deiota (6)
4/2/2007 7:12:01 PM
#1.  Maybe you could use Data|Validation to get a dropdown so you could choose
the name you want.

See Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

#2.  You could use data|validation to choose one item and then use =vlookup() to
get the description.

With the item in A1 and the description going in B1, you can put this in B1:
=if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,products!a:b,2,false))

Again, you could see Debra Dalgleish's site for help with =vlookup().
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

--

Dave Peterson
0

1- one column is to input a number like this 001/01 (number/month), but
there are no limit for number, I dont know if will be 001/01...045/01 046/02
047/02....267/12...
I only know that is a sequential number (integer) / month (and the sequence
passes to the other month, like the example above!!

2- I have a colum that is "month/year-###", like 06/05-179. How can I format
this column?

3- The same "month/year above", I want to grab this data and subtract to
month/year of "today", to see if the product is in warranty or not!. how can
I do it= I mean? grab the data from part of the data on item 2 and the
subtract to today's month and year?

4- Can I hide a sheet and unhide it with a password? and a Column on a sheet?

For now, it's all about that!
Thanks a lot!
Deiota
0
Deiota (6)

HELP: extract certain characters from text string
Hi All, How can I extract First letter from first name, remove the space between first and last name and keep the last name? For eg: I have a list of Names in this format: John Doe Will Smith and I want them like this: jdoe wsmith Thanks in advance Try: =LEFT(A1,1)&MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255) Assuming A1 holds the text "John Doe". Fill down as many rows as necessary. sam;698465 Wrote: > Hi All, > > How can I extract First letter from first name, remove the space between > first and last name and keep the last n...

Please help, date problem with XSD file
I am getting the error: Invalid character value for cast specification In my xml file the date is like this: 2004-09-28T00:00:00.0000000-04:00 Because of the field eventdate which is dt:datetime in my xsd file. ******* MY XSD file <?xml version="1.0" ?> <Schema xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data" xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml:datatypes" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql" > <ElementType name="eventdate" dt:type="DateTime"/> <ElementType name="ReferenceNO" dt:type="var...

Help to modify a formula
This is my formula I need help with, in cell I10 this is entered =IF((I7-I6)*24>4,(I7-I6)*24-0.5,(I7-I6)*24) Problem is when cell I6 & I7 are blank cell I10 shows #value I need it to be blank or 0 any ideas? thanks all. Bob Bob, You should be getting zero when I6 and I7 are empty. It sounds as if there's a space or something like that in the cell. Some folks do that to clear a cell. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeyl.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Bob Bob" <NOeMAILl@mail.com> wrote in me...

help with sorting 02-04-10
I have a very large spreadsheet of all of our cases. The headings correspond to the following columns: case # = column A, client # = B, last name = C, first name = D, Social Security# = E, location # = F, case manager # = G, case type = H, additional case identifier (not on all cases) = I, case status = J, and next review date = K. The basic case types that we have are coded either "F", "M", or "A". All clients should have an item for each heading (except for the additional case identifier and Social Security#). So, for example, Joe Blow could hav...

bsod, can anyone help?
Can anybody help me??? Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2 Locale ID: 2057 Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available) Mini121409-04.dmp sysdata.xml Version.txt Extra information about the problem BCCode: 1000008e BCP1: C0000005 BCP2: 8204A96A BCP3: 812D3B30 BCP4: 00000000 OS Version: 6_0_6002 Service Pack: 2_0 Product: 768_1 Server information: c89648af-2b24-4c50-8cc8-a193033cb185 . CORRUPT_MODULELIST, C:\windows\minidump\mini010710-03.d C:\Users\ELLIOTT\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-12969...

SQL Help with Journals Please
Hi Have a customer with 1.3 whose journals were huge and db had reached 2g limit. To get them out of a hole I had to delete the journals completely as it was stopping the pos's being used. Made a backup of the data first. I didnt know the command to only delete before a certain date then. They are now upgrading to 2.0 and I have the current db with about 2 weeks journals and the old db with years of them. I want to make the new db have the current journals and the previous years from the db backup, can this be done via some sql commands? Thanks Gaz wrote: > I want to make the n...

Visio asking for Visual Basic for Applications.............................HELP!!! tia
My work laptop came with visio 2003 and when I try to merge an excel table it is asking for the Visual Basic for Applications. Is this something I can download some where? Thanx in advance. I suspect that it is included in the trial version. CAVEAT becareful that you don't over write your production legal system with the trial software. I'd suggest you go back to those that loaded it onto your system. Another source is the VBA6.2 SDK which is available for download from MS. Al "Boll Weevil" <dryer@maytag.com> wrote in message news:i30aa01k5fqegpg8rpt3ms5k0hgtthli2q@4...

Need help with the SELECT statement. 12-11-09
--SQL 2005. I am converting Access db to SQL Server and need some help how to construct the query to desire results below. Thank you in advance. IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#LoanComp', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #LoanComp GO CREATE TABLE #LoanComp ( CompId INT NULL, PurchPerf BIT NULL, PurchNonPerf BIT NULL, PurchRePerf BIT NULL, PurchSemiPerf BIT NULL ) GO INSERT INTO #LoanComp VALUES (8, 1, 0, 1, 1) INSERT INTO #LoanComp VALUES (9, 1, 1, 0, 0) INSERT INTO #LoanComp VALUES (11, 0, 0, 0, 0) INSERT INTO #LoanComp ...

urgent! Help please!
I finished a customization project for the client, everything works fine in my computer. Then I use the setup and deployment project from ..Net to do the installation package. After installation, open pos, click the custom button, it pop up with a message say "Attempt to execute com object mydll.myClass failed. Could not Create it.". I searched through this group, made some change. ( I re-created new project, set the class to be "COM class", according to someone's suggestion, same problem) . In the project property, I have check the "Register for COM Interop&...

Help combining values with a space between
Howdy All, I am wondering if someone can help me with this one. I have values in columns A and B. The values are numeric. I need to have the value combined into column C with a space between them. Example. A1 = 12345 B1 = 98 C1 must be 12345 98 Thanks, Brian hi Brian =A1&" "&B1 Regards Roger Govier Brian wrote: >Howdy All, > >I am wondering if someone can help me with this one. > >I have values in columns A and B. >The values are numeric. >I need to have the value combined into column C with a space between them. > >Example. > &g...

Printing Help you are my last hope!
Hello. I'm a Direct Sales Contractor for local Cable company. For years they have been providing my reports on BlueBar (some call i Green Bar). I'd never seen the stuff (im young don't have muc experience in the buisness environment). I run about 5000 pages a month in reports, if not more. This didn' bother me because the Cable Company covered the cost of printing an ink. As of last week, they've changed the way they give me the reports. Instead of getting this report on BlueBar they've given it to me o Legal paper which is smaller. They've fit all the inform...

HELP with RPC over HTTPS
I have been trying to setup RPC over HTTP/HTTPS without any luck. This setup is Server 2003, Exchange 2003 SP1 and Outlook 2003 with patch. I have followed the recent documents from Microsoft support to the TEE. And still when I try to connect from outside the network Outlook tells me the server cannot be found do I want to work offline. The one area of confusion I have is with setting the RPCProxy setting in the registry. I am referring to setting this: erverNETBIOSName:6001-6002;ServerFQDN:6001-6002;ServerNetBIOSName:6004;ServerFQDN:6004 My question is about the FQDN. My FQDN is ser...

Need help on Excel
I have made a program to keep up with my job cost and Payout summary. I have that on Sheet 1, I am trying to add things to sheet 2 for the total of the job record. Sheet one in my main list to adding the cost and stuff for each job. On sheet two, trying to make it work for total of each jobs, which on sheet one I use to firgure my supplies, invoice amount, wages and Profit for each job. And my sheet two is for total of all jobs. So, I need help on how to make it work for sheet one for each job and sheet two for all the jobs. On each jobs I overwrite sheet one for the next job and lik...

outlook app crash HELP!
I keep getting the below error every time I open outlook...any suggestions? Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 12.0.6423.1000 Application Timestamp: 49b08185 Fault Module Name: olmapi32.dll Fault Module Version: 12.0.6423.1000 Fault Module Timestamp: 49b08045 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000126cc OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033 Brand: Office12Crash skulcid: 1033 This is the wrong forum for questio...

a compile error,help.
#ifdef LABLE #include LABLE #endif //code above make error below.why? error C2006: #include expected a filename, found 'identifier' o_0 what the heck are you trying to do? im guessing your trying to include a file if its not already been included? #ifndef __LABLE_INCLUDED #include "lable.h" #endif - MR "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message news:e4Q7OLP5EHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > #ifdef LABLE > #include LABLE > #endif > > > //code above make error below.why? > > error C2006: #include expected a filename, found &#...

Mouse Trouble Please help
Please help if you can! I am going nuts with the following problem windows xp, office 2000, excel, intellipoint mouse I click on a cell.Then no matter what I do, the mouse keeps selecting cells as if it were stuck. The cursor stays as a cross.The keyboard seems disabled. If I go to the file menu, it remains a cross, and I have to control alt delete to end the program. Please help if you can, I am unable to use the program!! Thanks Laurie Laurie, Try pressing the F8 key. John "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ce501c3e69b$3e469bc0$a5012...

windows expplorer "search" is useless on my T43... help!
I have a T43 ThinkPad with Windows XP. For years I have used Windows Explorer "Search" with good results. Recently (or maybe not-so-recent) the search engine on it was "updated" to a super-thingy that strives to search everything including file content. Well, it has done that on RARE occasions, but only for limited things like in specific directories, or something weird like ........documents\setting\admin... or the like where nothing of interest exists. When I try to force this thing ("windows\search\desktop") to search the whole c:\ drive, it balks and s...

I messed up and need help
I tried to change the folder that excell uses to another folder and now when i open excell it cycles thru all my excell files and opens them but withe different error msgs like html import errors problem came up in the folling areas during load missing file and no matter qwhen i click on "ok" or "cancel" it starts the recycl again and i cannot get to any file. then i get microsoft excel first pps file format is not valid and file is not in recognizable format. Can anybody explain how to get out of this and tell me how i can chang the folder for excel to use -- wwood -----...

Calendar Help
I need to limit the dates picked with the calendar to only 7 days before today's date please help ? You could use a Access form that works like a calendar and could make it do what you need. You could also use the after update event of the control that received the date to do the validation. See http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/calendars.html Rob wrote: >I need to limit the dates picked with the calendar to only 7 days before >today's date please help ? -- Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach http://www.hitechcoach.com http://www.officeprogramming.com Message post...

"Do...Loop" and data type adding help
private sub absent_click() dim absentcell as range dim row as integer row = 61 activeworkbook.sheets(\"aerobics\").activate range(\"g61\").select do do if activecell.value = a then activecell.offset(1, 0).select row = row + 1 end if loop until activecell.value <> a set absentcell = activecell activecell.offset(0, -2).select selection.copy range(\"b98\").select do if activecell.value <> \"\" then activecell.offset(1, 0).select end if loop until activecell.value = \"\" selection.pastespecial paste:=xlpastevalues, o...

Network Adapter Name help.
Is there a way to get the Network name "Local Area Connection" beside reading it from registry? ...

PLEASE HELP: Outlook2003 Send Mail Error
Can anyone help me with this problem. Everytime I try to send out an email. It gets rejected and I get this message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'vpvaughn@aol.com' on 5/5/2010 4:26 PM 554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message Van wrote: > Can anyone help me with this problem. Everytime I try to send out an email. > It gets rejected and I get this message: > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'vpvaughn@aol.com' on 5/5/2010 4:26 PM > 554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of...

help with dividends & cap. gains
I've read thru Money's Help files but still need some clarification on the exact process for entering dividends and capital gains received and then automatically reinvested. It seems to me that in order to accurately record these transactions I need to enter two transactions for each distribution: one that records the receipt and a second that records the reinvestment. Is this correct? The two transaction approach uses these investment activities: Dividends Received / Buy L Term Cap Gains Received / Buy S Term Cap Gains Received / Buy The following investment activities work as...

Help! Keep formulas from updating refs when copied??
This is getting frustrating! I've got a series of summary tables on one page. Each table is taking data from the exact same locations on other sheets (that is, one table will use Sheet1!B3, and the next table Sheet2!B3). But each time I try to copy the summary table down the page, hoping to simply change Sheet1! to Sheet2!, the B3 reference will automatically update the number of rows I've copied down, and B3 is now B7! I tried Copy>>Paste Special (Formulas), but I keep getting the same update frustration! Any help? Ed This is where you use the function key F4 or manually...

Help, my browser has been hijacked!
I am running Internet Explorer 7 (7.0.5730.13) under Windows XP Service Pack 3. Recently, when I do a search from Google or Yahoo, I get back the expected listing of hits. For example, I did a search on "Internet Explorer Beta 2". I got a page full of references, one of which was a link to the Windows Internet Explorer 8 Home Page at www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta. When I click on this link, a new page opens with the following in the address bar: http://www.findstuff.com/search.php?uvx=tyP9p3gue2ocEuvQhDcrhuf_qjZshT4wFddfxMeQF3dVS9B3aIRFtCXdc7pgUIvTyain21m8bci...