Help with Time Input

Hello,

I am working on building a spreadsheet that would enable the user to easily
select the specific time they are looking for using the format MM/DD/YYYY
00:00:00 AM/PM.

Does anyone have any examples or suggestions on automating this task, such
as a macro or drop down menus for easily selecting the input?

Thank you,

Mark

0
mkadon (8)
3/4/2004 11:53:07 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Huh?  Surely you don't mean a drop down for every second of every
day from Jan 1st 1900 to eternity.

I don't know what you are really looking for but it would be faster to
just type in the date and time than to go through dropdowns for
each of  year/month/dayofmonth/hour/minute/second/AM(/PM)

Doesn't really fit your idea of the user selecting the date and time that
they want, but here is something to automate  a current datetimestamp.

if you are trying to
enter the current time you could use the shortcut    ctrl+;  (semi-colon)
or you could automate entering the current datetimestamp with an
Event macro
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#autotime

modified from
   Place current time constant in Column A when Column B changes (#autotime)
suggest formatting column A to the desired format for most
efficient formatting, but you can activate the comment if you want.

'to install -- right-click on the sheettab of the sheet to
' be used in and choose 'view code'.   Paste this Worksheet
' event macro into the module.
  If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub
  If Target.Row = 1 Then Exit Sub
  If IsEmpty(Target.Offset(0, -1)) Then
    Target.Offset(0, -1) = Now
    '-- Target.Offset(0, -1).NumberFormat = "MM/DD/YYYY 00:00:00 AM/PM.
  End If
End Sub

---
HTH,

"mkadon" <mkadon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:EME1c.10102$m4.3956@okepread03...
> Hello,
>

> I am working on building a spreadsheet that would enable the user to easily
> select the specific time they are looking for using the format MM/DD/YYYY
> 00:00:00 AM/PM.
>

> Does anyone have any examples or suggestions on automating this task, such
> as a macro or drop down menus for easily selecting the input?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Mark

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Data from Outlook...sent date, time, size, etc
Is there any way to get Outlook to provide me with a number of emails per day, sizes, etc? Ideally I'd like to be able to export the list of columns in the Inbox window to a database or spreadsheet. When I do on export to a file, all I get is the subject line and some other info I can't use. Any ideas out there? ...

Item Copier Help
Can someone tell me how to use this? We have GP 7.5 and we have used the Sales Order Copier quite a bit. If I launch item copier from within an item card I get the message "You may not copy an item while editing and EXISTING item", if I save the screen and start in an empty screen I get the message "Item Number required for copy" What am I doing wrong? Any help would be great. Thanks! Kelly Try this - go into Item Maintenance, type in a new item number only, then try to use the item copier. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Kelly Jensen&qu...

strange things happen... Please Help...
Hi there, Maybe someone can help me... Strange things happen when I do "Send/Receive" on Outlook 2003. When I press the button "Send/Receive" I have a "Sending 1 of 1 message while the outbox is empty. Is my system infected by a virus o a worm or another dirty program? The AntiVirus I have (Symante AntiVirus Corporate 8.11) is up to date and there is nothing specia when I scan the OS. I usually destroy all suspicious mails directly using IE, then download the clean mails. Can anyone help me to solve my problem? Best regards -------------------------------------...

viewing attachments inline....HELP!!
I've got a real quandary here. I've just upgraded to Office 2000, and when in Outlook, I can't view any attachments inline (they usually come in as attachments). In Outlook Express, they were attached as well as inline. Now Outlook doesn't do that, and there is no tab anywhere in the Options, etc as to be able to check that attachments my be viewed inline. On my MAC (running Office v.x), Entourage DOES have that option. Is this lack of inline viewing "the nature of the beast" for 2000?? I haven't had any luck searching the KBs... Any input would be greatly appre...

Need Help. Double clicking an excel file ...
When I double click an excel file, a program that was created using VB6 opens up as well as the excel file I double clicked. If I open excel by itself, then browse or use the recently used link at the bottom of the 'File' menu, just the excel file opens. I have already checked on the folder options>file types>advanced but it is the same settings as another computer on my network and that computer doesn't have this issue. Running Office 2003 with all updates on Windows XP Pro with all updates. Thanks in advance. Control Panel>Default Programs>Associate a file...

About Windows Live mail "?" help
When I click on the "?" in Windows Live Mail I get the following page http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail-help-center/help.aspx?mkt=en-gb&project=WL_Mailv3&querytype=&query= Please explain why I do not get the WLM Help regards Seems that Microsoft has screwed up the Help web site. You are using the Wave 4 Beta. But now my Wave 3 version also goes to a similar page (mine is the US version). I don't know that the full Wave 4 help web site has existed yet. There is some information here http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail-help-cente...

Outlook 2000 Hangs for 3-5 minutes on startup. Help!
I have the strangest problem. Outlook 2000 will hang for 3-5 minutes on startup. I get past the splash screen, into my inbox. Then I get the hour glass for a cursor and if i try to exit it says program not responding. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I have tried Safe Mode. I have tried the "safe" switch while in safe mode. Nothing works. Please help. Thanks In advance! jasonb wrote: > I have the strangest problem. Outlook 2000 will hang for 3-5 minutes > on startup. I get past the splash screen, into my inbox. Then I get > the hour glass for a cursor and...

Help
I am a newbie to RMS I am trying to get my scanner to read a pre-weighed bar-code created from a stand-alone digi scale. The format is as follows: 0 203327 700695 (03327 = plu & 069 = price 69 cents) My scanners will read other barcodes in different formats (soda, dogfood etc.) and populates the item into the current transaction. The scanner also reads the above code (without the zero) 203327700795 but doesn't populayte the item into the transaction. Any and all help is greatly appreciated as we are slated to open tomorrow! Did you follow these exact steps? Rob Issue How...

Time Allotment for activities not associated with a Case
I have established a contract that uses time allotment. I want to be able to log any activities - task, email, fax, letter etc against this time without having to set up a Case. Is there anyway this can be done? ...

calculation help 04-20-10
I will try to explain this I want to have a running total for C D F and G and use the numbers in A as a filter so if I filter the numbers = 33369 I want the totals of C D F G in other cells on the sheet (ie L6,M6,N6,O6) The data in A C D F G is entered maually > In the data below I want to calculate the column C ,D, F ,G but filtered by > Column A > A C D F G > > 33369 04/06/10 2 10 04/06/10 2 3 > 33369 04/07/10 0 11 04/07/10 2 10 > 33369 > 23456 > 2345...

Report Help 05-24-07
I have just created a report the prints to my label printer. The report has a text box for each line of the address with printing initiated from a button within the individual record on a form. My question is is there a way to suppress empty text boxes in the report as some of the records that don't have all the address fields populated look odd spaced out by the empty records Grateful for any help Paul In news:3ln5i.5530$F_4.2937@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net, Paul Martin <ricketrescue@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have just created a report the prints to my label printer. > > Th...

formula help: returning a range that is the 1st row of an existing range
Hi I have a range defined over a table of data, eg myTestRange = B1:T100 The 1st row of this range is the table field/column headings. I want to find the index number of a particular field. Eg if I had the following table: Name, Address, phonenumber, Age, Sex data..... my table range would be defined over the table and I want to know the col index of say the "AGE" field - which would be 4 in this case as its the 4th column in this range. I know the MATCH command returns the col index that I want, but what I dont know how to do is tell Excel to look over the 1st row of my range. ...

24 hour time format conversion
Hello, I have a database that I have been trying to convert into a correct and recognizable time format. The old db kept time in numeric form 01...2400. The problem is when I try to import this into the new database using CDate() it gives and error for each 2400 hour. I understand that Access (2003) expresses 2400 hours as 0:00 but cannot seem to get the right conversion for the append query. Here is what I have for the query expression: TimeValue: Date(IIf([Stored_Sampler_Data]![Time]<60, (Format([Stored_Sampler_Data]![Time],"00:@@")), (Format([Stored_Sampler_Data]![Time],"...

Time is not correct on Quote
I have made a webservice that fetches the Effective From and the Effective To dates from CRM (using FetchXml query). Unfortunately it comes back to me with UTC date and time. So when I set the value to 12/07/2005 in the UI at 8:26 am local time, the database stores it as 12/07/2005 07:00:00.000, but my fetch gives me 2005-12-06T23:00:00-08:00. How can I get the date to ignore the UTC issue? Better question, why is my fetch giving me UTC and the DB storing non UTC (i.e local time)? Anybody have any ideas on this? P.S. We are only a local business, single Time Zones required for ou...

how do i turn off having to accept end user agreement each time us
each time i send an email with an attachment I have to accept the terms of agreement. how do i turn this off? Mary @ Flags Flying;143568 Wrote: > each time i send an email with an attachment I have to accept the terms > of > agreement. how do i turn this off? Start outlook using Run as administrator and accept the agreement. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/accept_eula.asp -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) -- http://forums.slipstick.com Yo...

Using Date and time in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format automatically
I have a question about using date and time in the following format: yyyymmddhhmmss, i.e. 20070328144801 I have a column in a table called ScLoadTime. I am trying to do an query which will automatically show me everything between yesterday at 17:00:01 and Today at 17:00:00 I am using the following: And ((ScLoadTime) Between Format(Date(),"yyyymmdd""170000""") And Format(DateAdd("d",-1,Date()),"yyyymmdd""170001""")) The problem is the query comes straight back with no results. If I changed the query to And ScLoadTime b...

Need Help can't restore mailbox from online backup
Hi, Running NT 4 sp 6a, Exchange server 5.5 sp2. This is installed on both there server the online backup tape is from and the recovery server. I followed instructions from MSKB article Q163713 (How to restore a single mailbox) and can't seem to get it to work. I have done successfully a few times before but for some reason when I run the consistency checker I get an error. Bottom line: The information store will not start. In the Event Viewer I get the following: This is listed from furthest event away to the most recent. ID 154 Source ESE 97 (69)Existing log file 0x1b2e is damaged....

Displaying all Hours between user input start and end times
hi, I need to display all the hours between what my users enter as there start and end times. Example Start: 7/13/2007 5pm End: 7/14/2007 3am I want to see 5pm, 6pm...1am, 2am, 3am in a column. Is this possible? I am familur with VBA but am stuck here. -- Thanks Vance ...

rounding time to 15 minute interval
I want to use excel to record a start time and end time then subtract one from the other and round to the nearest quarter hour for billing purposes any ideas? A1: start time B1: end time C1: =ROUND((B1-A1)/"00:15",0)*"00:15" Format C1 as time format 13:30 under Format > Cells > Number Tab > Time. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want to use excel to record a start time and end time >then subtract one from the other and round to the nearest >quarter hour for billing purposes > >any ideas? > >. > One way: ...

Get the remote system current local time
I want to get the current local time of a remote system connected on LAN network using VC++ MFC. Please help me to solve this problem. Try NetRemoteTOD(...) AliR. <musayyib@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148540775.741144.220640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I want to get the current local time of a remote system connected on > LAN network using VC++ MFC. Please help me to solve this problem. > ...

Div 0 help
=(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) This formula gives me a Div 0 error. How can I re-write it so that it stores a value of 0 , if it encounters a Divide by 0 and executes the calculation if >0 Help appreciated Joe maybe: =if(i98=g98,0,sum(e98:F98,d98/2)/(i98-g98)) I combined your addition into the =sum() portion. I thought it made it easier to read. On 05/17/2010 06:12, joey_boy wrote: > =(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) > > This formula gives me a Div 0 error. How can I re-write it so that it stores > a value of 0 , if it encounters a Divide by 0 and e...

CListCtrl Help Please!
I asked already but I'll try again? How do I make the background in a List Control Transparent, I can use GDI+ to create tranparent rectangles but when I draw them on a list view it is drawn over the default white but I need to be able to draw before this happens, any way of handling this? I'm sorry if I'm not explaining well enough :( Thanks though U�ytkownik "Nancy Ramos" <jsb@shotsports.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:wUkrb.1474$si2.1469527@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I asked already but I'll try again? > How do I make the background in a List Con...

Time Formula #7
I was given a file that looks like this: Day of Wk Time Number of Minutes Tuesday 1148A 3 Tuesday 1151A 1 Wednesday 0301P 1 Sunday 1202P 5 Saturday 0530P 2 Monday 0542P 10 Trying to determin how many minutes were spent on the phone during non-work days/times (M-F, 8-5) 1. How do I convert the time into a useable format? 2. Please help w/formula =TIME(LEFT(A6,2),MID(A6,3,2),0)+(RIGHT(A6)="P")*0.5 and format as time. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Cindy Smith" <CindySmith@discussions....

Please HELP
Frusting item on my Outlook 2000, Outlook keeps failing on my after I open it. I am getting a window when I select Outlook 2000 which says [u]"This Application has failed to start because [b]PSKALLOC.DLL[/b] was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"[/u]. So I uninstalled and re-installed Outlook 2000 from the original CD, then updated all of the security fixes and patches and it still gives me that error. Can anyone help me with this ?? :oops: Thanks, Jon jontempleSPAM@adelphia.net Just remove SPAM to reach me directly. ...

'About' Microsoft Excel 2007 (under Help)
In previous versions of any Office program you could go to Help/About Microsoft Excel and find out the version used as well as any updates i.e. SP3. Where does this information reside in Office 2007? Office Button (top left hand corner) Excel Options (lower right hand corner) Resources (lower left hand side) About (the last option on the page) If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Essentials_Carol" wrote: > In previous versions of any Office program you could go to Help/About > Microsoft Excel and find out the version used a...