Help with SUMPRODUCT

I was trying to set up a PivotTable and not having much success with
it and it was suggested that I try the SUMPRODUCT function.  I did but
it returns a #VALUE! error.

Each rows of my spreadsheet contains a specific project that was
completed.
In column C i have the name of the client who's name may come up
several time throughout my spreadsheet.
In column M i have the net profit for that specific project.

It is my understanding that I can use the SUMPRODUCT function to add
all the profit amounts for all the projects completed for a specific
client. So for example, I want to add all the profits (Column M) for
all the projects completed for a client named "ACME" (Column C). This
is the formula I tried but gave me an error...

=SUMPRODUCT((M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208="ACME"))

0
lukus2005 (35)
11/24/2008 2:53:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I tested your function and it works for me.But if column M are not numbers,
it will return... #Value error
HTH
John
<lukus2005@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I was trying to set up a PivotTable and not having much success with
> it and it was suggested that I try the SUMPRODUCT function.  I did but
> it returns a #VALUE! error.
>
> Each rows of my spreadsheet contains a specific project that was
> completed.
> In column C i have the name of the client who's name may come up
> several time throughout my spreadsheet.
> In column M i have the net profit for that specific project.
>
> It is my understanding that I can use the SUMPRODUCT function to add
> all the profit amounts for all the projects completed for a specific
> client. So for example, I want to add all the profits (Column M) for
> all the projects completed for a client named "ACME" (Column C). This
> is the formula I tried but gave me an error...
>
> =SUMPRODUCT((M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208="ACME"))

0
johnd1 (109)
11/24/2008 3:17:11 PM
On Nov 24, 6:53=A0am, "lukus2...@gmail.com" <lukus2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [the following] returns a #VALUE! error.
> [....]
> =3DSUMPRODUCT((M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208=3D"ACME"))

My guess:  some of the M cells contains the null string, such as the
false part of =3Dif(condition,something,"").  Try the following:

=3DSUMPRODUCT(N(M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208=3D"ACME"))

0
joeu2004 (766)
11/24/2008 3:26:05 PM
On Nov 24, 10:26=A0am, joeu2004 <joeu2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 6:53=A0am, "lukus2...@gmail.com" <lukus2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > [the following] returns a #VALUE! error.
> > [....]
> > =3DSUMPRODUCT((M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208=3D"ACME"))
>
> My guess: =A0some of the M cells contains the null string, such as the
> false part of =3Dif(condition,something,""). =A0Try the following:
>
> =3DSUMPRODUCT(N(M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208=3D"ACME"))

You were right... adding the N to the formula fixed the problem.
However, I did a Data Sort and the formula now only gives my $0.00
instead of the amount that was showing when i first added the N to the
formula.  Not sure why that occured.
0
lukus2005 (35)
11/24/2008 5:03:12 PM
Enter your formula into a blank cell and Drop the $ from your range ie.

=SUMPRODUCT((M17:M208)*(C17:C208 ="ACME"))

Regards
Fred

On Nov 24, 10:26 am, joeu2004 <joeu2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 6:53 am, "lukus2...@gmail.com" <lukus2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > [the following] returns a #VALUE! error.
> > [....]
> > =SUMPRODUCT((M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208="ACME"))
>
> My guess: some of the M cells contains the null string, such as the
> false part of =if(condition,something,""). Try the following:
>
> =SUMPRODUCT(N(M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208="ACME"))

You were right... adding the N to the formula fixed the problem.
However, I did a Data Sort and the formula now only gives my $0.00
instead of the amount that was showing when i first added the N to the
formula.  Not sure why that occured.

0
fjackson1 (1)
11/24/2008 5:50:29 PM
If you only have one condition, use SUMIF not SUMPRODUCT

=SUMIF($C$17:$C$208,"ACME",M17:M208)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

<lukus2005@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Nov 24, 10:26 am, joeu2004 <joeu2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 6:53 am, "lukus2...@gmail.com" <lukus2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > [the following] returns a #VALUE! error.
> > [....]
> > =SUMPRODUCT((M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208="ACME"))
>
> My guess: some of the M cells contains the null string, such as the
> false part of =if(condition,something,""). Try the following:
>
> =SUMPRODUCT(N(M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208="ACME"))

You were right... adding the N to the formula fixed the problem.
However, I did a Data Sort and the formula now only gives my $0.00
instead of the amount that was showing when i first added the N to the
formula.  Not sure why that occured.

0
BobNGs (423)
11/24/2008 6:01:02 PM
The $ has absolutely no impact on a single formula.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Fred" <fjackson1@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Enter your formula into a blank cell and Drop the $ from your range ie.
>
> =SUMPRODUCT((M17:M208)*(C17:C208 ="ACME"))
>
> Regards
> Fred
>
> <lukus2005@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Nov 24, 10:26 am, joeu2004 <joeu2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 24, 6:53 am, "lukus2...@gmail.com" <lukus2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > [the following] returns a #VALUE! error.
>> > [....]
>> > =SUMPRODUCT((M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208="ACME"))
>>
>> My guess: some of the M cells contains the null string, such as the
>> false part of =if(condition,something,""). Try the following:
>>
>> =SUMPRODUCT(N(M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208="ACME"))
>
> You were right... adding the N to the formula fixed the problem.
> However, I did a Data Sort and the formula now only gives my $0.00
> instead of the amount that was showing when i first added the N to the
> formula.  Not sure why that occured.

0
BobNGs (423)
11/24/2008 6:01:25 PM
Hi,

Now that you have found a data integrity problem you should go back an visit
the pivot table solution, it should work just fine.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"lukus2005@gmail.com" wrote:

> I was trying to set up a PivotTable and not having much success with
> it and it was suggested that I try the SUMPRODUCT function.  I did but
> it returns a #VALUE! error.
>
> Each rows of my spreadsheet contains a specific project that was
> completed.
> In column C i have the name of the client who's name may come up
> several time throughout my spreadsheet.
> In column M i have the net profit for that specific project.
>
> It is my understanding that I can use the SUMPRODUCT function to add
> all the profit amounts for all the projects completed for a specific
> client. So for example, I want to add all the profits (Column M) for
> all the projects completed for a client named "ACME" (Column C). This
> is the formula I tried but gave me an error...
>
> =SUMPRODUCT((M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208="ACME"))

On Nov 24, 2:41=A0pm, Shane Devenshire
<ShaneDevensh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that you have found a data integrity problem you should go back an vi=
sit
> the pivot table solution, it should work just fine.
>
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire

Not sure what you mean by "data integrity" since all results in that
columns are accurate, even though some might be empty since they are
on-going project and not yet completed.

Now the only thing I can see is that those "empty" cells are the
results of a condition not being met ie: =3DIF((B9+D9)=3DE9,(E9-F9),"")
and thus, those empty cells may not be interpreted as a numerical
value so this could be the cause of my problem.  If so, how do i fix
that problem?  I could change the "" to "0" in my formula but I want
the cells to remain empty and not show a zero.
0
lukus2005 (35)
11/24/2008 8:25:37 PM
You already received an answer by Bob Phillips

=SUMIF($C$17:$C$208,"ACME",$M$17:$M$208)

No need for SUMPRODUCT in this case.

If you have more than one criteria than it is time to use SUMPRODUCT but
not the way you used it if you want to have "" in the cells to show as a
blank

=SUMPRODUCT(--($C$17:$C$208="ACME"),$M$17:$M$208)

that way you won't get VALUE errors, having said that if you only have
one criteria use SUMIF, it is much faster

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

<lukus2005@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Nov 24, 2:41 pm, Shane Devenshire
<ShaneDevensh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that you have found a data integrity problem you should go back an
> visit
> the pivot table solution, it should work just fine.
>
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire

Not sure what you mean by "data integrity" since all results in that
columns are accurate, even though some might be empty since they are
on-going project and not yet completed.

Now the only thing I can see is that those "empty" cells are the
results of a condition not being met ie: =IF((B9+D9)=E9,(E9-F9),"")
and thus, those empty cells may not be interpreted as a numerical
value so this could be the cause of my problem.  If so, how do i fix
that problem?  I could change the "" to "0" in my formula but I want
the cells to remain empty and not show a zero.

0
peo.sjoblom (169)
11/24/2008 9:00:52 PM
On Nov 24, 3:25=A0pm, "lukus2...@gmail.com" <lukus2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2:41=A0pm, Shane Devenshire<ShaneDevensh...@discussions.micros=
oft.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Now that you have found a data integrity problem you should go back an =
visit
> > the pivot table solution, it should work just fine.
>
> > If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> > Cheers,
> > Shane Devenshire
>
> Not sure what you mean by "data integrity" since all results in that
> columns are accurate, even though some might be empty since they are
> on-going project and not yet completed.
>
> Now the only thing I can see is that those "empty" cells are the
> results of a condition not being met ie: =3DIF((B9+D9)=3DE9,(E9-F9),"")
> and thus, those empty cells may not be interpreted as a numerical
> value so this could be the cause of my problem. =A0If so, how do i fix
> that problem? =A0I could change the "" to "0" in my formula but I want
> the cells to remain empty and not show a zero.

Now I am even more at a loss.  Each time I sort my data differently,
my total changes.  All of which are incorrect, incidently.

The formula that I am using is based on tips I gathered on here...
=3DSUMPRODUCT(N(M16:M207)*(C16:C207=3D"ACME"))... removing the N produces
a #VALUE! error. I tried using a different client names but the totals
are still inaccurate.

0
lukus2005 (35)
11/24/2008 9:04:36 PM
You don't need to use SUMPRODUCT in this case

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

On Nov 24, 3:25 pm, "lukus2...@gmail.com" <lukus2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2:41 pm, Shane
> Devenshire<ShaneDevensh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Now that you have found a data integrity problem you should go back an
> > visit
> > the pivot table solution, it should work just fine.
>
> > If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> > Cheers,
> > Shane Devenshire
>
> Not sure what you mean by "data integrity" since all results in that
> columns are accurate, even though some might be empty since they are
> on-going project and not yet completed.
>
> Now the only thing I can see is that those "empty" cells are the
> results of a condition not being met ie: =IF((B9+D9)=E9,(E9-F9),"")
> and thus, those empty cells may not be interpreted as a numerical
> value so this could be the cause of my problem. If so, how do i fix
> that problem? I could change the "" to "0" in my formula but I want
> the cells to remain empty and not show a zero.

Now I am even more at a loss.  Each time I sort my data differently,
my total changes.  All of which are incorrect, incidently.

The formula that I am using is based on tips I gathered on here...
=SUMPRODUCT(N(M16:M207)*(C16:C207="ACME"))... removing the N produces
a #VALUE! error. I tried using a different client names but the totals
are still inaccurate.

0
peo.sjoblom (169)
11/24/2008 9:14:53 PM
On Nov 24, 4:00=A0pm, "Peo Sjoblom" <peo.sjob...@mvps.org> wrote:
> You already received an answer by Bob Phillips
>
> =3DSUMIF($C$17:$C$208,"ACME",$M$17:$M$208)
>
> No need for SUMPRODUCT in this case.
>
> If you have more than one criteria than it is time to use SUMPRODUCT but
> not the way you used it if you want to have "" in the cells to show as a
> blank
>
> =3DSUMPRODUCT(--($C$17:$C$208=3D"ACME"),$M$17:$M$208)
>
> that way you won't get VALUE errors, having said that if you only have
> one criteria use SUMIF, it is much faster
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom

Thanks Peo, your formula did the trick, though I'm not clear on the
use of "--".

By the way, the reason why I am using SUMPRODUCT with just one
criteria is because I am experimenting with it as I plan on using it
with more than one criteria once I am comfortable with its use.

0
lukus2005 (35)
11/25/2008 1:20:19 PM
On Nov 24, 2:41=A0pm, Shane Devenshire
<ShaneDevensh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that you have found a data integrity problem you should go back an vi=
sit
> the pivot table solution, it should work just fine.
>
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire

PivotTable is still a no go.  Why am I not able to create one?  The
error that pops up says...

"The PivotTable field is not valid. To create a PivotTable report, you
must use data that is organised with labeled columns."

All of my columns are labeled. You mention data integrity, can you
elaborate on that. As explained previously, the only problem I can see
being wrong with my data is the fact that some cell values are ""
instead of a numerical value.  Could this be the source of my problems?
0
lukus2005 (35)
11/25/2008 1:30:33 PM
On Nov 25, 8:30=A0am, "lukus2...@gmail.com" <lukus2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2:41=A0pm, Shane Devenshire<ShaneDevensh...@discussions.micros=
oft.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Now that you have found a data integrity problem you should go back an =
visit
> > the pivot table solution, it should work just fine.
>
> > If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> > Cheers,
> > Shane Devenshire
>
> PivotTable is still a no go. =A0Why am I not able to create one? =A0The
> error that pops up says...
>
> "The PivotTable field is not valid. To create a PivotTable report, you
> must use data that is organised with labeled columns."
>
> All of my columns are labeled. You mention data integrity, can you
> elaborate on that. As explained previously, the only problem I can see
> being wrong with my data is the fact that some cell values are ""
> instead of a numerical value. =A0Could this be the source of my problems?

Just to let everyone know... I solved the data integrity issue.

Problem was that Client's name in Column A was overlapping onto Column
B which had no heading as it was used for the overlapping purpose.  I
deleted Column B and simply made Column A wider, thus leaving no
columns without a header.

I had previously tried merging columns A and B together but it would
seem Excel still treats that as 2 separate columns, therefore, Column
B appeared to remain header-less.
0
lukus2005 (35)
11/27/2008 1:35:03 PM
On Nov 24, 9:03=A0am, "lukus2...@gmail.com" <lukus2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 10:26=A0am, joeu2004 <joeu2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
(N(M17:M208)*($C$17:$C$208=3D"ACME"))

> You were right... adding the N to the formula fixed the problem.
> However, I did a Data Sort and the formula now only gives my $0.00
> instead of the amount that was showing when i first added the N to
> the formula. =A0Not sure why that occured.

Just a guess:  you did not include C17:C208 when you sorted M17:M208,
or vice versa.

Generally, sorting has no impact on dependent formulas.  Think of
sorting as copying the range to be sorted somewhere else, sorting,
then copying the sorted range over the original range.

In any case, whatever your problem is, it is likely has nothing to do
with the use of the N() function, which you should continue to use,
and the absolute or relative references (with and without the "$").

0
joeu2004 (766)
11/28/2008 3:24:46 PM
On Nov 24, 10:01=A0am, "Bob Phillips" <Bob...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> The $ has absolutely no impact on a single formula.

Cute!  I suspect there was no pun intended.
0
joeu2004 (766)
11/28/2008 3:26:36 PM
You'll have to explain that one to me.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"joeu2004" <joeu2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
On Nov 24, 10:01 am, "Bob Phillips" <Bob...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> The $ has absolutely no impact on a single formula.

Cute!  I suspect there was no pun intended.

0
BobNGs (423)

Help: Restoring Exchange Server to New Server in Test Lab.
Hello's What is the best method of rebuilding/replicating a production Exchange environment in a test lab? Here is what i have done, and it is not working. I added a new domain controller to the production network. Waited all weekend for replication to complete. Moved the DC to the test lab, where i made it a GC, seized all FSMO roles. (I got rid of this DC in production as well.). I run DCDIAG, & NETDIAG and i get no errors on my test lab DC. I then run NTBACKUP and backed up all my production storage groups. I installed Exchange in the Test LAb using the Disaster Recovery switch...

Please help. Thanks!
I have a worksheet named =93Sheet16=94 and I have several data in column B. I want to create a macro that will enable me to pop up a message that will indicate which of the numbers in column B are not colored in Red. Basically, there is a list of numbers in column B all colored in red, I want to be able to create a macro that will indicate which ones are not colored in red by popping up a message box that tells me, when the macro is clicked. I hope you get what I=92m trying to do. Thanks! First you need to confirm the color. There can be several shades of red. Run this little macro first ...

Need help with this Formula
Could anyone help me change the following formula so it ONLY shows up if data is entered in the other columns that this column pulls data from? Right now it is showing the @k12sbr.org in the cells, but I don't want the cells to show anything if no data is entered yet on the spreadsheet. I know I should add the =IF to the beginning, but I get lost after that. Thanks for your help! =LOWER(LEFT(C3,1)&LOWER(D3)&RIGHT(E3,4)&"@k12sbr.org") Sharon Check the length of each cell. Multiplying by zero always equals zero... =IF(LEN(C3)*LEN(D3)*LEN(E3)>0,LOWER(LEFT(C3,1)&...

Help with difficult formula requirement
I have data with two columns on Sheet A as shown below. I need a formula in column A of sheet B to display column A of sheet 1 the number of times as indicated in column B of Sheet 1. Zero values should be excluded. I gave an example of the output I need below Sheet A 100 0 101 5 102 3 103 0 =============== Sheet B (Example of output I need) 101 is 5 times and 102 is 3 times. I need a formula on this sheet, and can not use VBA. 101 101 101 101 101 102 102 102 Hi, Assume that the data is in range C18:D21. ...

Help with pie chart
I am using Excel 2002 and am trying to create a pie chart with a series of data in percentages. I created the chart fine, but am having problems with 2 things: 1. The pie chart created is a small circle relative to the entire chart and the legend bar. I would like the pie circle to take up more of the blank space but do not know how. When I try to stretch it out with the mouse I just create small exploded segments. I do not wish to explode the pie chart circle, just to make the entire circle larger. How do I do that? 2. Some of the colors automatically selected are not to my liking....

Please Help!!! Error Connecting POS to MS Office Accounting
I have just installed MS POS 2.0 on my machine which will serve as my register. I have MS Office Accounting 2007 installed on another computer. I am now trying to integrate the two together and am receiving the error message "Could Not Connect To Office Accounting 2007". I have set Accounting up for multi-user and I have run the Office Accounting Integration on the Office Accounting computer. I've set the password (and double-checked it). I can browse to the file in POS. POS properly displays the computer name and the company name. I click 'Next' and get the prompt...

Help with calculation #3
On sheet2 I have a list of dates where A1 is 01 Jan 2004, A2 is 01 Feb 2004 etc through to 01 Oct 2005, against each date is a column of figures. So A1 is the date and B1 is the volume. On sheet1 I want to have a formula that will calculate the total volume between 2 dates selected by the user, where D7 is the earliest date and D9 is the latest date. So after they have input the dates the volumes between those dates will be totaled and shown in E10.(They will only be able to input dates for the 1st of the month - so as to match the data held on sheet2.)As you appreciate there will be more tha...

[Memory] Need help reading my DBCC MEMORYSTATUS
Recently (and, yes, finally) we upgraded our cluster from SP2 to SP3. In the past week we've had to restart the node twice due to memory conditions. Before I call MS, I'd like to see if I can figure out what's happening. SQL Server 2005, SP2, Active/Active cluster (the other active isn't seeing anything like this, but it has different traffic), 32gb of RAM, -g384, Max memory 29696, AWE on. We ran 2 queries when we saw the memory conditions: one to get VAS size, and DBCC MEMORYSTATUS (full results are posted below) At its worst (aka before we restarted and were g...

Query help please 04-08-10
I have two combo boxes. Location and Super1 The location box lets you select a location where a staff member is working at.For example U3 B-days. The Super1 box lets you select their supervisor who works U3 B-days. As it stands right now it will work. The problem is that it will show all Supervisors through out the whole place. I found a way where I can select from the Location box where it will pull up just the supervisors for that location in the Super1 box. That works so far so good. Now, where the problem comes in is when the staff member is a supervisor. For example: Staf...

Really getting desperate... help required, please !
Hi, I'm trying to do something very simple in access 2007. I have a query that generates a table with 4 columns as follows: Program Project Size Status PGM1 PROJ1 Small Green PGM1 PROJ2 Medium Green PGM1 PROJ3 Medium Yellow PGM2 PROJ4 Large Green PGM2 PROJ5 Small Green PGM2 PROJ6 Medium Yellow PGM2 PROJ7 Small Red PGM2 PROJ8 Large Green PGM3 PROJ9 Medium Yellow PGM3 PROJ10 Small Yellow PGM3 PROJ11 Large Green PGM3 PROJ12 Large Red PGM3 PROJ13 Large Green I turn this query into a pivot chart where I create a view that shows a barchart indicating the status by project size. I customize t...

crash lost HELP
I am working with publisher 2007 and large files of 150MB. With three files it crashed closing my file!!!! and then when you are trying to open it again it says 'publisher has detected a problem in the file uyou are trying to open. If you are certain that this file came from a trusted....' and then the file is lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would there be a temp. file somewhere? I do not want to believe that this is happening three times to me and all this work is lost!? Who can help In 2007 there are a couple places the file could be backed up. Do you have Vista? Open Windows Explo...

Need help interpreting error message
Does anyone know what the following error message means: "Microsoft Excel Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to be issued to the data source." It happens when I try to refresh the data in a report spreadsheet that my boss created (he's on holiday). I'm using Excel 2002 SP3, data is coming from an SQL Server 2000 SP3 database, and I'm using a network admin account. TIA, Phil "Phil Sharpe" <a@b.com> wrote ... > Does anyone know what the following error message means: > > "Microsoft Excel > Client Safety Option...

Something to help me keep track of formulas
Is there an Add-In or some third party software that can help me manage my formulas. They are getting very long and I can not figure out what goes where. I am looking for something free if possible. THanks. Here is an example of my formula that's too long. =IF(A12="Total ",SUM($I$11:$I11),IF(A12="","",IF(ISBLANK('PASTE ABCone'!F12),IF(((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE ABCone'!$A$11:$I$300,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'!$A$9:$E$505,5,FALSE)))=0,"",ROUND((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE ABCone'!$A$11:$I$300,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'...

editbox shows strange chracters Help pls
Hi I'm confused with the behavior the editbox shows.while i've not defined _UNICODE or _MBCS typing in the editbox in arabic shows strange characters.if i just copy & paste those characters into notepad the characters will look correctly(arabic). What makes me more confused is that with the same application but on another computer you can type arabic letters in the editbox. 1)What should I do so that my program acts normally on all computers? 2)what are probable the different settings on those 2 computers which make my application behave different.(bothh run winXP)? 3)what are the...

Strange Issues with Read Receipts Bouncing (Need expert help)
Hi, Currently migrating a company from NT 4 to Windows Server 2003, including an upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. The excistingDNS name space for Dns and mail is user@comany.com (old domain)The Dns name space for Dns and mail on the new Domain and AD Server and Exchange is user@company.local. The Dns namespace @company.com is registered on Internet but @company.local is purely for internal addresssing, We are busy with the Exchange Migration. We have setup custom contacts on Exchange 2003 viewable in address book for all users on 5.5 using user@company.com,also with an ad...

::: More than 8 seconds on space bar = Cursor blocked ! Please HELP !
Hello, I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells. How can I go back to a normal situation ? And free my cursor! Many thanks in advance for your help. Jacques try touching the f8 key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178563983.482171.224070@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is > blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells. > > How can I go back to a no...

need your help
I'm a 29y old man from Antwerp, Belgium. A few years ago my wife left me(11/2000), and took everything that was worth something with her, leaving me with an deft op appox 35.000 EUR (+/- $37500). Since then my life is like a living hell. It started a few moths after she left, first I had to sell my house(wich I sold break even, got 65.000 EUR from it, had to pay of the loan wich was also 65.000EUR), then due to financial problems, I couldnt pay off the loans anymore. And you can guess the rest. I'm now in debt by four banks, and cant even sell all the stuff we bought for it, cause my w...

need help #7
I want use microsoft outlook. But I couldn't able to use it. There is unsend E-mail. And blocked from sending any e-mail. How can delete it and would able to use it? Thanks in advance Abu Learn how to post a question: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, abu asked: | I want use microsoft outlook. But I couldn't able to use...

Help with Document Merging
I am not even sure if this is possible....so I will give you some background to help you understand what I need... Thanks in advance for any help you can provide... I work for a staffing firm and we use various questionnaires to collect information about our candidates. Each questionnaire is targeted to a specific type of candidate, i.e. a questionnaire for accounting candidates versus a questionnaire for an HR candidate or an IT candidate. Each questionnaire has a set of questions that is specific for that job type, but each questionnaire also has a set of general question...

HELP!!!!
Working with a friends money 99 program. Go out to update internet information and i get 2- The Symbol US:JASSX is invalid and The symbol US:jmed is invalid....any ideas?? Also, Product information: money was unable to complete the operation. The internet banking, or brokerage server you were trying to contact encountered an error. please try your call again later. (SMC) My e-mail is Altec14942@aol.com if anyone can help on these to problems....THANKS 1. well.. all that suggests that you have a firewall or a router or your connection is not setup so money can read it.. it you have a...

HELP: Add textbox to a frame at run time
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form at run time based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form during run time. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. Thanks in advance ...

cant recieve email but i can send help anyone
cant recieve email not sure what system i have dont know that much about comp please help dumb dumb porsche 911 c4 wrote: > cant recieve email not sure what system i have dont know that much about comp > please help dumb dumb You first need to replace your keyboard. The shift, comma, and period keys don't work. Sorry, but the battery died in my crystal ball. I can't see that error message that you chose not to divulge here. Also can't see WHICH version of Windows that you are using. Also can't see WHICH version of Windows that you are using. Also can't see ...

Need help with frozen outlook
There's a Daemon failure message that's sitting in my mailbox, as the first message, and it causes outlook to get hung up. Every time I start outlook, it opens, then freezes, and I have to go to the task manager to shut it down. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling and repairing, but the old mail messages keep populating in my inbox when I reinstall the program. I've deleted every trace of outlook from the registry, and tried reinstalling and connecting while not connected to the internet. How can I remove my messages?? ...

Help with pivot table
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. I do that each time with the export to excel button available in access which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it into appropriate excel file format. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with creating the pivot table portion in same code. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. I would like to have a pivot table in sheet2 based on data ran...

I need your help in transferring XP SP2 unto Flash USB Drive
I have an updated desktop that has Windows 7. I still have my Windows XP SP2 CD. I also inherited an HP netbook that had XP SP2 and wanted to know if it is possible to take my Windows XP SP2 CD and place it into desktop without it trying to reformat it and then to just copy it unto a Flash USB Drive. From there, I can then reinstall Windows XP SP2 unto netbook. Can that be done? Why don't you just use the hidden Recovery partition (not to be confused with System Restore) to reinstall WinXP on the netbook? Speaking of which, why do you need to reinstall WinXP on t...