      COOLANT
     COOLANT 50/50
     GALLONS

     COOLANT 50/50 Total

     COOLANT 60/40
     GALLONS

     COOLANT 60/40 Total

      COOLANT Total

I'd lke to get rid of the "Coolant 50/50" and "Coolant 60/40" subtotal
lines.  Double-clicking "Coolant 50/50" also makes "Gallons" go away.  Is
there a setting or property that will do this?

Ed

0
ed_millis (164)
2/27/2006 2:18:35 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Apologies - I tried pasting in an actual table from Word and it didn't take
too well!

But - I did find the answer: Field Settings, select None under Subtotals.
Ed

"Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My Pivot Table looks like
>       COOLANT
>      COOLANT 50/50
>      GALLONS
>

>      COOLANT 50/50 Total
>

>      COOLANT 60/40
>      GALLONS
>

>      COOLANT 60/40 Total
>
>       COOLANT Total
>

> I'd lke to get rid of the "Coolant 50/50" and "Coolant 60/40" subtotal
> lines.  Double-clicking "Coolant 50/50" also makes "Gallons" go away.  Is
> there a setting or property that will do this?
>

> Ed

0
ed_millis (164)

Pivot Tables

windows xp help please
I need some help please. When I download things it will only download to 99% then it stops and want completely download things. Is there anything I can do to fix this short of a reformat? -- thank you, coffee121858 Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. In this case, also state your IE version. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(...

I need to delete oldest record so that table only contains latest record 09-16-07
Hi, I have a table called DDPayments which contains 4 fields: PaymentID, DDID, BankID and Date Paid. I need a query that will delete all records, so the rows will only contain the most recent Date when a transaction occured. I currently have the following in the table: ROW 1 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 ROW 2 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 3 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 10/08/07 ROW 4 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 5 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 6 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 (This table i...

Install Problems
CRM V1.2 Install Fails with: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to Create the Microsoft CRM databases. Failed to run script:Replication\p_DeleteSchedule.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown error. (80040E14) Environment: Win2k3 Enterprise SP1 SQL Server 2005 beta Exchange 2003 Standard SP1 Server Roles: File Server Print Server Application Server Domain Controller (Active Directory) DNS Server Please let me know if any other stats about the server would be helpful in diagnosing this issue. I would really like to get this software running. I am logged on as...

Fun with SQL and CRM Help needed
Ok. I've been tasked with setting the "Address Name" for every contact equal to the name of the parent company. I know I can write an SQL query to do this, I just can't figure out where the relationship is between contacts accounts and the customeraddressbase table. So, heres what I need to do: Open Contact, Get Contacts Parent Customer Name, Put Parent Customer Name into Address Name for the contacts main address. The database is relatively new, we just finished a very botched import from ACT! not to long ago. this is the latest "Fix" that I've been asked to...

labeling work sheet tabs pls.help
HI I would like to know if I can label the tabs of the work sheet with a date then the next sheet seven days later, then is there a autocomplete or some way of labeling 50 more worksheet without having to typw them all by hand. like draging the days of the week or months of the year in the rows of a sheet. thanks for the help steve Steve You received several options yesterday. Are you not seeing the replies to your posts? If not, this one is a waste of time<g> Google search results here....... http://snurl.com/1uay Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Sat, 19 J...

IMF Not Updating HELP!
I'm having a problem and I hope someone can help. I configured IMF a couple of days ago. (Definitions are from 2005) It seems to be working great. I have the gateway set at 6 and the store at 4. So far getting very good results. But I can not update the definition files. I added the regisry key ContentFilterState and set to 1 I restarted SMTP service I triple check these settings, I've read all the documentation I can find on IMF. I've also checked to be sure I'm using Microsoft update and not WU. I go to Microsoft Update and press custom. I don't see the update listed....

Pinging Ed Bennett for help on this one
Ed, You were kind enough to help me create the following vba code for publisher 2k3 several month ago. I recently had to install a new m/b and all of my apps and for some reason this code _doesn't seem_ to work anymore. I say that because no longer do the toolbar buttons get created. I suspect it has something to do with my security. I self certified the original code and I am thinking maybe my certification is invalid. Would the best way to proceed be delete the vba code, recreate it (i.e. copy/paste back) and self cert again to get it to work? Or am I missing something basic here...

How to MoveFirst, MoveNext, MovePrevious, MoveLast in LinQ To XMl Please Help
I have the Next XML var xml = new XElement( "clients", new XElement("client", new XAttribute("id",1), new XElement( "name", "Luis"), new XElement( "country", "Portugal") ), new XElement("client", new XAttribute("id",2), n...

Report using RWOP (owner permissions on secured table)
Hello, I have a database that links to some tables where the permissions have been removed for everyone except the owner. I am trying to make a report access the data using owner's permissions. In the recordsource I have the following: SELECT Classes.Class FROM Classes WITH OWNERACCESS OPTION; This isn't working. What am I missing? I have about 35 reports that I would like to convert to this format so that my tables are more secure. Thanks, Beth ...

Help on Stacked column graph
Hi, with the following group of data 1 2 3 4 a 10 10 30 5 b 30 5 32 42 c 10 12 15 28 I want to have a graph with 2 column s for each letter, one with the value of column 1 and another one with the sum of columns 2, 3 & 4 with different color for each value. I've seen that is possible in some built in graph but not sure how to make it Thanks -- Alvaro Alvaro wrote: > Hi, > > with the following group of data > 1 2 3 4 > a 10 10 30 5 > b 30 5 32 42 > c 10 12 15 28 > > I want to have a graph with 2 column s for each letter, one with the value > of ...

Novice at formulas needs help
Please remember...I'm a novice at EXCEL...self-taught...I want to write a formula that will convert what is in one column to another column based on info in yet another column.... If D=1 and K=B then L=NH...another example... If D=7 through 12(as in grade in school) and K=D then L=IH --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi use the IF formula. E.g. if your target cell is C1 enter the follwoing =IF(A1="D",B1,"no value") this will enter the value of B1 in C1 if A1 is "D" have a look at the Excel helpfile for the IF formula Frank =IF(AND(D1...

Look up tables vs. value fields via combo box on form
I have tables such as t_WeatherData in which I have fields such as Temperature, WindSpeed, WindDirection. The WindSpeed and WindDirection fields each have a lookup table with an ID (primary key/autonumber) and a field that holds a category ("N", "NE", "NW", "W", etc., or "< 5 mph", "5-10 mph", etc.). As I have it, the look up tables merely serve to populate a combo box on the data entry form... OR, is creating a combo box with a value list sufficient? What should be the factors in my decision on when to use a look...

Finding differences between two tables
Who can help me? I have 2 tables with mainly the same names. I want to find the names that are not in both list. I managed to do it the following way, but I think that it can be done easier. I did: Advances filter: as criterium range one of the 2 tables. With Edit - Go To - I highlighted the visible cells and coloured them. Removed the filter With Edit - Find - Format - I highlighted the noncoloured cells. Thanks Anne Here are two ways you can do that but I wouldn't say they are much easier than what you did. Put both lists on the same sheet in the same column, one under the other,...

HELP! Using XMLTextWriter to write to a MemoryStream
I have the following code that is supposed to use the XMLTextWriter to write the XML to a MemoryStream: Dim ms As MemoryStream ms = New MemoryStream Dim xtw As New Xml.XmlTextWriter(ms, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) xtw.Formatting = Formatting.Indented xtw.Indentation = 2 xtw.QuoteChar = """"c xtw.WriteStartDocument(True) xtw.WriteComment("Data from DB") xtw.WriteStartElement("Data") xtw.WriteStartElement("Employee") xtw.WriteElementString("LastName", "Dillan") xtw.WriteElementString("FirstName", "Bob")...

external data not in a table
I have a worksheet originally created in excel2003 that gets external data from a db2 database. After migrating to excel2007 the external data in the worksheet is not in a table (clicking on a result cell does not make Table Tools appear). When creating a new database query I find that the results always get put in table. I don't want the results in a table. How do I make the results of a new query NOT be a table? And I don't want to break the link to the database since I update the results periodically. ...

SqlXMLCommand Help?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03DD_01C3B036.70396CC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I noticed an earlier post, Multiple External References in Transform - = Background to the problem - Long Post, where the poster referenced an = object entitled SqlXmlCommand. I am unable to find this object?=20 My requirement is thus. Read several tables from sql server 2000 db = with the auto xml feature and read them into a single XPathDocument. = Each of the tables need to be read as seperate call...

Help With A Spreadsheet for a silent auction
I am trying to create a spreadsheet to help with a silent auction. What I would like to do is enter the winners bidder number as well as the winning bid in 2 columns corresponding to the item number. I originally thought of creating an individual work sheet for each item, then just entering the bidder number and winning bid in to each sheet and having the formula search through all the sheets. Either way, I need to then search through the information I have put in so that I can easily gather the total amount a bidder has spent, as well as the item numbers that they have won. ...

Cannot copy table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 w invisible grid li
How do I copy a table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 with invisible grid lines? In previous version of Word, it was possible to do so by clicking on "insert special" and choose one of the categories (I have forgotten which). With Word 2007, the grid lines become visible no matter which option I choose under "insert special". Is it possible for you to help me? Thanks! To hide the gridlines, click the View Gridlines button (to deselect the option) on the Table Tools Layout tab. This setting will be preserved between Word sessions. If you are in fact referr...

Relative Macro Help on Keystrokes
I need a work around to the following situation. I'm editing a lot of cells to split the data into two cells and there is a pattern, but Excel is picking up 'keystrokes' I don't want. aaaa is always a 4 digit number, and bbbb is various text. Before: cell 1 cell 2 aaaa bbbb Desired After: cell 1 cell 2 aaaa bbbb I recorded a relative macro, and I get the desired result the first time, BUT, not the second. Example: Before: cell 1 cell 2 aaaa bbbb Desired After: cell 1 cell 2 aaaa bbbb ...

Urgent help needed with continous page numbers but new footnotes!
Hello, I really really need some urgent help with a page numbering/footnote numbering/section breaks problem- I’m at my wit’s end! I’m not brilliant on computers and am trying to complete my dissertation using Word 2007. I need to start my page numbers within the footer on page 3 of the document, and I know how to do this using a section break, (although I seem to be having a bit of trouble with this too!). However, for each new chapter of my dissertation I need to start a new set of footnotes from number 1, while continuing the page numbering system throughout. So if the se...

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

Moving a line chart data point revises data table value in Excel '
I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create a line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to "smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the corresponding new plotted point. I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate it. Any power users know how? Thanks! Ed Ed, Microsoft decided that users didn't need that feature. More than likely, they were tired of support calls asking why the values changed when one dragged a data point...... No really, they took i...

Pivot Table percentages #2
I have created a pivot table that is running off some data that looks like this (simplified version): Name Accept Decline Joe 1 0 Mary 1 0 Fred 0 1 The pivot table then counts these columns to give the total number of accepts and declines (on 2 seperate lines). Is there a way within the pivot table to represent the declines as a percentage of the accepts? I've tried using the % of Row and % of Column, but I can't find a way of doing it as a percentage of a different column/row. I have...

Delete Pivot Table Formula
How do i delete calculated fields from pivot table field lists? Thanks, sduffield Please check your previous post of this question... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "sduffield" wrote: > How do i delete calculated fields from pivot table field lists? > > Thanks, > sduffield ...